It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I thought the thoughts about the igloos in star wars was quite interesting but it might just be that design is good and workable in very hot arid places. Though we're told the Ebens like the heat perhaps at certain points during the day it could get unpleasantly hot even for them so the design of the igloos (with the asending underground chambers as mentioned) would be good to take refuge in as they would be cooler. It was also mean that perishable items like vegetables (of which we're told they eat a lot of!) could be stored somewhere cooler and last longer. A lot of science fiction takes acount of these sort of thinsg to help with the realism. For example if the ebens who are very similar to us (they don't like it too hot or too cold) we wouldn't expect them to have a house like mine (double glazed with wall and roof insulation) because in a hot place that would probably be far too hot even for them. Does that sound right? I'm not an expert or anything.

Also the huts are described as having adobe like qualities

en.wikipedia.org... (for more info)

Which is interesting as they are very structurally sound and can hold either heat or cold. (This would seem to fit in with the Eben no frills lifestyle).

Also if on the opposite side of the coin say if Serpo's dim light (the almost night like period mentioned) period was too cool for the Ebens in the equatorial region this design would mean the igloo homes could gather heat during the long sunny period and keep the ebens comfortably hot during the cool periods with a fairly minimum effort. I quite like this detail in the postings so far it seems to fit with the environment and the Eben lifestyle at least it does for me.

Sidnote: Dome-head can also be a slur for people who are well educated (People with PhD's usually), especially if they are bald. Usually used by people that resent well educated people.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Mikes2005]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well, this whole Serpo thing is either 1 of these 3 things.

1) The film producers of the 70s were "directed" or perhaps "encouraged" to make films like Close Encounters of the 3rd kind, Star Wars and ET to cover up "real" activities of the "real" world... and at the same time "break us all in gently to the TRUTH" that were never alone in our universe.

2) The Serpo story is true and its just a brilliant co-incidence the filmmakers seem to model their films around it, having heard "the rumours"....

3) Or the Serpo Story is a load of nonsense but yet clever enough to fit it around the great block-busting sci-fi films of the 70s and someone "out there" is having a real good belly laugh right now....

BILL: I posted earlier but my posts seem to drown in amongst all the chaos that is this forum... I have a question for you... Why dont you ask to get all the info from your source before you post anymore up on your web-site? I dont mind waiting if its worth the wait - the world will still be here by the time you have it all! I dont understand all this secrecy business.... why doesnt your source say to himself.. **** it, have it all Bill, photos, scanned documents, audio tapes, transcripts, video tapes whatever... take it all Bill, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT.....I'm outta here! Whats your source got to lose?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gingerladif this lad's (chapman) grandfather/great grandfather is who some of us think it is, then both should be made feel most welcome here at ATS; welcome to ATS Chapman.

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
My apologies if someone else has already posted this, but Chapman Pincher died last year (2005) aged 91.

still feel the same way about the chapman, who's grampy says it's a hoax and a who knows about the real aliens?

Bill, you said he was authentic earlier. In what manner did you think he was authentic? that he was posting from the UK? That it was two different people? (not sure how you'd know that though) That it was Pincher and his grandson? (guess that can't be the case now can it?)

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celtic King
BILL: I posted earlier but my posts seem to drown in amongst all the chaos that is this forum... I have a question for you... Why dont you ask to get all the info from your source before you post anymore up on your web-site? I dont mind waiting if its worth the wait - the world will still be here by the time you have it all! I dont understand all this secrecy business.... why doesnt your source say to himself.. **** it, have it all Bill, photos, scanned documents, audio tapes, transcripts, video tapes whatever... take it all Bill, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT.....I'm outta here! Whats your source got to lose?

Yes, I know what you mean - I also posted a question to Bill two or three times - about what his methods are for verifying whether postings are from anon and not a random person (such as someone from this forum), but he didn't answer that either. I don't think he's entertaining our questions any longer for some reason... Possibly because the questions are getting drowned out by the chaos as you mentioned...

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celtic KingI dont understand all this secrecy business.... why doesnt your source say to himself.. **** it, have it all Bill, photos, scanned documents, audio tapes, transcripts, video tapes whatever... take it all Bill, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT.....I'm outta here! Whats your source got to lose?

Uhhhh maybe his life.!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Because IMO its all a con and its designed to stir up interest and string people along. There is no proof and thats why theres been no pics posted. They will always be promised but never turn up. Id love to be wrong about this but it has all the classic signs of a con/hoax.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
One thing that really sticks in my thoughts is why would the Ebens trust earthlings? If I read correctly, they had been here for thousands of years WATCHING us. The Ebens had to see we earthlings can't even get along in our own cultures,races,religions and countries. Just seeing the last 2000 years of earth history would be enough to keep me far away from trusting any race of earthlings.
What did the Ebens have to gain from the exchange program?
They were so far above us in knowledge, what was it they needed from us?
There had to be something or they would never have made an exchange, if the story is true.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by ScaRZ]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

still feel the same way about the chapman who's grampy says it's a hoax and a who knows about the real aliens?

Bill, you said he was authentic earlier. In what manner did you think he was authentic? that he was posting from the UK? That it was two different people? (not sure how you'd know that though) That it was Pincher and his grandson? (guess that can't be the case now can it?)

Hi Crakeur,

You're a funny guy, no really you are!!

If Mr Pincher is deceased then we have to assume that Chapman's playing games or we have picked up the wrong end of the stick. Do you really think any right-thinking person would deliberately play games with one of the best known British journalists of the last 100 years if they knew he had passed away? I can tell you I wouldn't.

I'm more worried about the messages from above, the puppet-masters who are pulling our strings; dropping a hint here and there and letting us guys go do the donkey work.

Chapman writes an authoritative posting claiming that SERPO is a hoax; a short time after that RichyM drops a line to Chapman (Pincher), and the trap is set.

I searched for hours yesterday on Henry Chapman Pincher, there was no sign of an obituary, in fact all signs I came across showed that he was still active and writing articles to the Telegraph newspaper.

Has someone tried to drop us a hint or was it an attempt to hinder? Only time will tell, I'll do some more digging on Mr Pincher's passing and his fascinating life and will report any info I find ASAP.

Taking cheap shots at people who are trying to get info to you is un-productive and just irks; you'll just drive ATS members off this subject and onto matters where their efforts are appreciated.

Regards

J

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScaRZ
There had to be something or they would never have made an exchange if the story is true.

Supposedly - according the the folklore - it was an exchange program, so they were able to leave some of their people here. Some stories read that the treaty with our government also allowed them to abduct a certain number of people to study, and other stories say in addition that they were allowed to have a certain number of underground bases to work from. Those are just a few of the many theories/stories/folklore out there....

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gingerlad
Taking cheap shots at people who are trying to get info to you is un-productive and just irks; you'll just drive ATS members off this subject and onto matters where their efforts are appreciated.

it wasn't a cheap shot at anyone. I have been raising questions about Chapman repeatedly (as well as other valid questions) and I did notice Bill was quick to announce authenticity, to which I asked why and never got a response.

Don't lecture me on behavior, it's unwanted and unnecessary.

thank you

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
eyah, but, in a desert where is the coolest place to live?

adn as to them being able to travel space yet dont have air conditioner. all indication is that this is not a materialistic race, wouldnt AC be a luxery to some?

maybe they long ago took the old addage "do not simply live, rather live simply" and are happier for it?

maybe to the ebe's - there hot to us - is cool weather to them .
Duh , think about it . so maybe they dont need an A/C , because its alrdy cool to them.

and you guys need to read more carefully , the doc says , that when they entered the dwellings ,THEY wer Cool . and seem to have to have some kind of power source.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by ScaRZ
There had to be something or they would never have made an exchange if the story is true.

Supposedly - according the the folklore - it was an exchange program, so they were able to leave some of their people here. Some stories read that the treaty with our government also allowed them to abduct a certain number of people to study, and other stories say in addition that they were allowed to have a certain number of underground bases to work from. Those are just a few of the many theories/stories/folklore out there....

-rdube02

This has always been my thinking also. I never have believed the fairy tale of them doing it for the better of mankind and looking for nothing in return.
There is always a price one must pay.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by panther_512
Hello to everyone.

I am a new member in this amazing forum and I am sorry to tell you that the specific thread was too large to follow from the beginning.

Also I would like to apologize for my poor English.

I have read all the postings from Anom and I find them to be a fascinating story.

But unfortunately the story so far is full of serious flaws that make me believe that the whole thing is just a fiction story. Maybe the core of it is based in true facts, but the story is mostly fictional.

The story has a lot of inconsistencies and above all, I am very dissapointed from the last posts that they supposedly have unaltered entries that the commander made to his diary.

I had been in the army for 2 years (tank driver) and I cannot accept that the commander of this crew, one of the best of the best of US, skilled in many many things, with very high intelligence, trained to face every possible obstacle, one of the first ambasadours of earth wrote such awful entries.

It doesn't matter if it was the stress, the pressurized air, the hybernation, the alien food or anything else.

These entries are not the military way.

These entries seem to be writen by an amatuer writer, with a good story, weak plot and one central character.
They are not entries from the best of the best of US army.

Also, in these entries, there are quite a few annoying details that again point to the fact(?) that the person who wrote these entries doesn't know very well the military way of thinking and acting.

I don't know if someone else covered my opinion in previous posts, so I won't write more.

If you would like to read the flaws that I find in the commander's entries, please tell me so.

I would like to notice that I try to keep an open mind and the only thing I can tell for sure is that this story is fascinating.

Sorry fella , but your wrong . ive spent alot of time in the military.and you spent 2 yrs as a tank driver ?. sorry but your not quailified to give/make judgments on that document.. if you want to give your opion thats fine,
but really 2 yrs as a tank driver doesnt qualify you as a expert.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks Gingerlad,

I did alot of digging around yesterday too.

I will think long and hard about doing it again

And only post somthing I'm 100% sure about

I also lost points for getting a little too quote happy

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Fred_S]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Because IMO its all a con and its designed to stir up interest and string people along. There is no proof and thats why theres been no pics posted. They will always be promised but never turn up. Id love to be wrong about this but it has all the classic signs of a con/hoax.

Ok , so it stirs up interest ? so what ?. atleast your reading skills improve . hehe . Classic sighns of a hoax/Con ??. care to explain.

If its a Hoax . to bad , atleast it was fun reading about it . If Someday it turns out to be real , then great ..But in the mean time, who cares .
Just go with it .

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Bill,

From what i can see,(I've lost track of this thread), the pictures havent come through. What are the chances of you being on the Coast to Coast show again and giving us a condensed version of whats going on?

If you need help, some of us can send requests to George Noory.

George and i go back a bit.

Please let us know.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briggs
Ok , so it stirs up interest ? so what ?. atleast your reading skills improve . hehe . Classic sighns of a hoax/Con ??. care to explain.

If its a Hoax . to bad , atleast it was fun reading about it . If Someday it turns out to be real , then great ..But in the mean time, who cares .
Just go with it .
The classic signs of a con are promising something than can never be delivered, constantly dangling a carrot in front of people stringing them along.

If I had proof that we had contact with aliens, Id release everything ASAP. Why? Because thats how Id guarantee my own safety. You leave time for the authorities to make you have an accident if you release info bit by bit. If you release everything, the authorities have no reason to bump you off. In fact doing so can only help the case against them.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyerIf I had proof that we had contact with aliens, Id release everything ASAP. Why? Because thats how Id guarantee my own safety. You leave time for the authorities to make you have an accident if you release info bit by bit. If you release everything, the authorities have no reason to bump you off. In fact doing so can only help the case against them.

agreed. also, as I stated earlier, it makes sense to not show the pictures if this is an outright hoax or it is some kind of disinfo program. If this is all real, the pictures are your smoking gun and, short of a group of Ebens showing up at your local mall, that is all you need to do to prove it. From there the attempts to discredit the photos should prove futile (unless they are fakes) and inconclusive, giving the story some form of believability.

until then, anyone can take bits and pieces from sci-fi movies and books and say that they were all real and that the movie/book was using gov't info in a long term disclosure process.

I'm still up in the air as to whether this is haox from the top or some kind of disinfo program. Since we have a few old time members (and mods) that vouch for Bill, it makes it harder to accept that he would be a willing party to this. A second disinfo program to run thru ATS seems a bit pointless and strange as well.

I'm sorry I ever read the first post.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Just go with it .
The classic signs of a con are promising something than can never be delivered, constantly dangling a carrot in front of people stringing them along.

If I had proof that we had contact with aliens, Id release everything ASAP. Why? Because thats how Id guarantee my own safety. You leave time for the authorities to make you have an accident if you release info bit by bit. If you release everything, the authorities have no reason to bump you off. In fact doing so can only help the case against them.

thats fine , but dont let people dangle carrots in front of you. take it for what its worth , if anything .
As for releasing info your way , thats fine too. But the way other people do it , im sure they have there reasons.

if I had to do it , im not sure how i would go about it.
there may be info in the doc that may affect , family,friends, co workers ect.
even if i wer a retired old man/ retired service or not and the event happend 20 ,30 , 40 yrs ago and i had the docs to prove it.
i wouldnt want the families of the other people to be hurt in some way.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

if I had to do it , im not sure how i would go about it.
there may be info in the doc that may affect , family,friends, co workers ect.
even if i wer a retired old man/ retired service or not and the event happend 20 ,30 , 40 yrs ago and i had the docs to prove it.
i wouldnt want the families of the other people to be hurt in some way.

Sure you wouldnt but if you released everything at once, the authorities would have no reason to hurt you or your family. If you withhold the pictures then all it takes is one threat against the well being of your family and you either are looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life or you cannot release the information.

It makes zero sense to drop crumbs here and there. Everything points to it being a fake, especially as Bill seems too keen to convince people its real and he seems to be dodging questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join