It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I've done a little more research on the star wars-serpo similarities issue...

After reading some of the 'Databank' entries for locations on the starwars.com website, it became apparent that the Tatooine set designs were heavily influenced by the local Tunisian and Algerian architectural styles (most of 'A New Hope' was filmed in Tunisia). I then did some quick research into desert architecture and design. Well... it turns out that several of the 'distinctive' Tatooine/serpo architectural elements are common in desert architecture for reasons of adaptability (in other words, domed structures with sunken interiors are quite common in the desert because they stay cooler in daytime). So... if the Ebens are real it would make sense that, independently, they would, on their own, create architectural styles that were similar to desert styles seen on earth.

Here are some sites that cover material that are used in modern desert structures. I thought they might be useful for evaluating the serpo information.

www.bgu.ac.il...

www.boker.org.il...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Um, Robert Fenix,

I was the guy who did the original member-anon posting personel count (you know the one where all the team numbers were catalogued) and I can tell you that, from the beginning, there were never more than 12 members listed. What the first journal entry revealed were the numbers for 11 members (not 12). 308 was a new figure in the second entry.... making the total 12.

So, there has NOT been a 13th team member. There is, as of yet, NO contradiction in terms of the team members. In fact, I even pointed out, when I put together that list, that one person had not been mentioned. Please do not attack Mr. Ryan before you actually review the observations people have posted that refer to what you are attacking him over.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

Originally posted by Bill Ryan

2) I believe there will be more information.

OF course there will be since you are directing the "flow" of information about SERPO now.

Hi again, robertfenix

To clarify: my role is essentially passive. I can only post what I receive and I have already pledged that I will do that without editing or censorship.

I'm not "directing" anything. What on earth gave you that wild idea?

If I can establish a dialog, directly or indirectly – which I have not done – I will offer my best advice about what kind of data would be most needed and appreciated (i.e. hard data of an objective nature). My purpose is to help disclosure, if this is what it is.

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Guys, I just wanted to let you know that Victor Martinez has been visiting ATS and has been reading all the posts with great interest. He shares my view that this is an intelligent, spirited and positive debate and offers his support to that process.

I have no idea whether he intends to make any posts himself. Remember that he has a perfect right not to. But if you treat him as a guest as well as you have treated me (most of you!
), then he may be tempted into the fray to help out. You will find him forthright, honest, willing to admit that there are things which he does not know and/or understand, and having ideas and theories of his own.

Signing off for the day (see above post) –

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by Hal9000
Also true, that's why I think it is a disinfo program directed at a particular group, and that is what keeps me here. I'm trying to figure out the purpose of the... umm story.

Actually - to be honest, about 70 pages or so back I made the comment that the government, if disclosing, should be releasing this info to a CNN or BBC correspondent, not to the UFO community.

However - 70 pages later and in getting some more of the background story from Bill, I believe that in order to get the story out, they would first need to convince someone to help them get the story out. --------

*** The Goverment doesnt need help in releasing Info to the public - thats the most bogus statement iv ever heard.. All it would take is the President getting on Tv and telling everyone what the goverment knows about UFo's.------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who better to convince than the UFO research community first? Convince one of them to accept the information and believe it might be true, and get them to create a web site that the entire world can see, and hope the word spreads to the rest of the world outside of the UFO community....

**** Convince the Ufo Community First ?? . Ok that really doesnt make sense at all .. how do you convince someone who alrdy believes ?. lol .
and hope the word spreads to the rest of the world ??. so basically back to square to 1 . ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone responded to me that most media take alien/UFO reports and throw them in the "slow news day" pile - and I have to agree. The only way the story will be taken seriously is if there is enough of a public reaction to warrant news coverage. No one would believe the UFO community, unfortunately, because of so many hoaxes through the years. But if those photos show up and are authentic, coupled by the journal entries and hopefully a final confirmation of the government source or sources - we could be seeing this on CNN before the end of the year.

********Public reacation ? by who ?. because of a few stories/photos on a web site ??.
alot of people alrdy think the web is full hackers and scammers , so why would they believe in a Ufo web site, 1 of 10000's , especially by no named people - anon .--------------------------------------------------------

As an example - Cindy Shaheen, the mother who protested the Iraq war - love her or hate her, she was protesting for almost a month in Crawford - and news organizations knew about it but wouldn't report it until enough people were writing in and screaming that they wanted the story covered...

*********** bad example -- a mother looses her son in the war. almost
all mothers can relate to that . or atleast that feeling. --------------------------

Isn't it possible that those who want to disclose this information might be looking for a way to let the information slowly integrate into the public domain and hopefully make its way into the media...

******Slowly ? hopefully ? . doesnt sound like disclosure to me. -------------

However - that does not explain why they haven't released the photos already. That should have been one of the first things released IMHO. Certainly, the only way this story will ever be confirmed, just as with any intel - the source has to be confirmed. If you can't confirm the primary source (Anon) AND if you can't find a second source to back the intel, then you can't trust the intel.

********** the story wont be confirmed even with pics - so many people will scream fake/photoshop ect ect.

-rdube02

my comments are inthe statement above , broken down into bits.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
bill, you might have missed my question regarding the serpo site (it can't be easy keeping up with all of them) so I'm going to ask it again.

you have yet to post updates regarding the newest anon post in the comments section. is this because the comments are being made here or are you simply too buy to post them to the site?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's obvious that robertfenix is posting to stir the pot.
Some of us would rather sit back and let the all the information come out to form our opinions.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If I can establish a dialog, directly or indirectly – which I have not done – I will offer my best advice about what kind of data would be most needed and appreciated (i.e. hard data of an objective nature). My purpose is to help disclosure, if this is what it is.

Best, Bill

Sorry for repeating myself, but this little piece of info, to me, is probably more important than anything else Bill. Riddle me this: how do you know you are being contacted directly by Anon and not a random person from this thread who happened to obtain your email address?

Bill - which is it, secret code word when he sends you an email, or do you know his email address? You have to have a way to confirm it's him and not some random person fooling you...right?? And it's okay to admit you don't know if it's really him - at least it's an answer.

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Also true, that's why I think it is a disinfo program directed at a particular group, and that is what keeps me here. I'm trying to figure out the purpose of the... umm story.

Actually - to be honest, about 70 pages or so back I made the comment that the government, if disclosing, should be releasing this info to a CNN or BBC correspondent, not to the UFO community.

However - 70 pages later and in getting some more of the background story from Bill, I believe that in order to get the story out, they would first need to convince someone to help them get the story out. Who better to convince than the UFO research community first? Convince one of them to accept the information and believe it might be true, and get them to create a web site that the entire world can see, and hope the word spreads to the rest of the world outside of the UFO community....

If they were agents in the government, and this was a true government sanctioned disclosure, the first thing to do would be to declassify any and all documents and make them available on the appropriate government FOIA website. Then on page one of the same website have the story as the main attraction. Then send out e-mails to all the news networks providing links. Make a PR person available for interviews on TV, ect..ect.. They would setup there own website, and not rely on a guy like Bill Ryan (no offense).

This is obviously not a sanctioned disclosure, regardless of what Anon says. So what is really happening here? They are slowly disseminating information, with no documentation or proof, through the UFO community, which very few listen to outside those circles. And from the sounds of it, they are even having trouble convincing these people. If this person or group of people were serious about getting this information out, and if they are retired government agents/employees, they do not need the help from the UFO community. The government has more resources than it knows what to do with.

I would love to be wrong and eat my words, but I don’t think I am.

Regards

[edit on 1/27/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
NOTE: Do we know for sure that, within the story, 308 is dead?

After re-reading Anon's latest post, one can argue that 308 was ill and left in 'stasis' or hibernation by the Ebens (who may have been afraid of infecting their population with an earth virus). Note that, within the story, the Ebens warn about 'infection' when they insist on keeping the glass dome over 308.

Also note that the new Eben translator is unaware that 308 is dead. Surely she would have been told, before meeting the humans, that one of their crew had died. Perhaps this is a situation where the commander misinterpreted the Ebens and thought 308 was dead while he was actually just being 'stored' for the time being?

I'm sure someone will say that I'm coming up with excuses for Anon... but... after re-reading the other day's post... I think that the '308 is dead' situation can be interpreted many ways.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
bill, you might have missed my question regarding the serpo site (it can't be easy keeping up with all of them) so I'm going to ask it again.

I think Bill has signed off for a while, you might want to U2U your question to him for better results. I have been overlooked many times too.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
onlyinmydreams, PM you on the subject of 308

I think a revision is coming or not...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If they were agents in the government, and this was a true government sanctioned disclosure, the first thing to do would be to declassify any and all documents and make them available on the appropriate government FOIA website. Then on page one of the same website have the story as the main attraction. Then send out e-mails to all the news networks providing links.

You know what - that's absolutely true. Just declassify all documents - the entire 3000 page journal (with all appropriate classified info "blacked" out) and let the news agencies know. I was just trying to convince myself how this situation could probably be a real disclosure scenerio - but honestly, we can't ignore the fact that there are more efficient ways of disclosing info. Just like Ms. Plume's CIA identity was disclosed - straight to the mainstream media.

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think Bill has signed off for a while, you might want to U2U your question to him for better results. I have been overlooked many times too.

Don't take offense. I got an email reply from Bill this morning in which he said he was running off and had a very busy schedule today.

I imagine that the board's been moving so fast and so many questions have been put to Bill that he's having a hard time keeping up. Lets just hope he's got Anon talking

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
bill doesn't need to respond about the site, the consistency section was updated so my question is answered.

with regards to #308, I think it was onlyinyourdreams who brought it up, this is directly from anon's last post, second paragraph on the serpo site:

"Ebe1 then points to a bowl that is empty and says, earthman is not living"

Earthman is not living means dead. If anon comes back with not living means in a state of suspended animation or something akin to that, it will be laughable. I'm looking forward to how this aspect is going to play out.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Guys, I just wanted to let you know that Victor Martinez has been visiting ATS and has been reading all the posts with great interest. He shares my view that this is an intelligent, spirited and positive debate and offers his support to that process.

I just wanted to say WELCOME to Victor. And I'd like to pose a question to Victor, if you feel up to joining the discussion. Seeing as your career is journalism - how do you feel about the fact that the source in this situation can't be confirmed? I always throught that the #1 rule in journalism is to confirm all of your sources (if journalists don't - see the case of Dan Rather for the results)... I'm sure we'd all love some input from you on the journalism side of this whole story...

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am officially washing my hands of "PROJECT SERPO the EBENS". I will have nothing else to do with this until Feb 7th.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I was just trying to convince myself how this situation could probably be a real disclosure scenerio - but honestly, we can't ignore the fact that there are more efficient ways of disclosing info.

Well your not alone, and many of us would love to see it happen. But we should not have to figure out a way that makes all the pieces fit together. If it were true they would fit together on their own.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
I am officially washing my hands of "PROJECT SERPO the EBENS". I will have nothing else to do with this until Feb 7th.

Did I miss something? What is significant about Feb 7?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I too would like to invite Victor to join us. As one who is watching closely but not posting as much I think your presence here would be of great value to the ongoing discussion. It appears that Bill Ryan, as hard as he is trying to keep up, is a bit overwhelmed at times. I can see why with questions flying at light speed around here. Victor, please do consider the offer. Your insight would be truly appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join