It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
I am officially washing my hands of "PROJECT SERPO the EBENS". I will have nothing else to do with this until Feb 7th.

And I'm pretty sure you believe most of us care about this statement. Your contributions are, for the most part, tainted with sarcasm and in some, focused venom. I won't miss your participation.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna

I am officially washing my hands of "PROJECT SERPO the EBENS". I will have nothing else to do with this until Feb 7th.

And I'm pretty sure you believe most of us care about this statement. Your contributions are, for the most part, tainted with sarcasm and in some, focused venom. I won't miss your participation.

here, here!

Short and sweet and a reflection of how many of us feel I'm sure.

Carry on then - carry on...

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna

seriously, i couldn't have worded it any better.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
bill doesn't need to respond about the site, the consistency section was updated so my question is answered.

with regards to #308, I think it was onlyinyourdreams who brought it up, this is directly from anon's last post, second paragraph on the serpo site:

"Ebe1 then points to a bowl that is empty and says, earthman is not living"

Earthman is not living means dead. If anon comes back with not living means in a state of suspended animation or something akin to that, it will be laughable. I'm looking forward to how this aspect is going to play out.

No offense but I think your forgetting that the Ebens grasp of the English language wasn't great. Throughout the postings there are references to where the humans didn't understand the Ebens and vise-versa so maybe this is an example of that!

What if the eben's use some sort of medical process where they basically shut the body down when it becomes infected to allow the body to concentrate on healing itself so to all intents and purposes the person is not living/lifeless and just ticking over, once the infection has been cured they can be kick started again makes sense to me anyway
so when explaining to the commander about 308 he was telling the truth but did not realise how his explanation would be interpreted

I realise that this is all speculation but in my mind saying someone is dead when you have already posted that only 2 people died both on the planet is to obvious of a mistake to make in such a complex story!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If it is other than this, good, I will drink to it.
Remember to read the part where Dr. Carl Sagan was paid by the CIA somewhere in a link I found!

Bulletin of Atomic Scientists
www.thebulletin.org...

Most observers believe that the use of nuclear weapons in space was discredited by findings in the mid-1970s that the nuclear-tipped Safeguard system would blind itself once the first defensive warhead exploded. (The electromagnetic pulse radiation would disable the space-and ground-based tracking radars necessary for its operation.) The public also feared that fallout would be spread over U.S. territory.

www.ucsusa.org...

The Outer Space Treaty of 1967, signed by more than 90 countries including the United States, bans weapons of mass destruction from space and stipulates that "The exploration and use of outer space…shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries, irrespective of their degree of economic or scientific development, and shall be the province of all mankind…[and] shall be guided by the principle of co-operation and mutual assistance…"

www.nuclearfiles.org...

www.powells.com...

www.savethemales.ca...

Apparently this scenario has been in place at least since the 1970's. According to the testimony of Dr. Carol Rossin, which is on line, Werner Von Braun warned her about it in 1974. He said the aim was "to control the Earth from space and space itself."

www.mayanmajix.com...
There is no doubt in my mind that Wernher Von Braun knew about the extraterrestrial issue. He explained to me the reasons why weapons were going to be put into space, the enemies against whom we were going to build these weapons, and that all of that was a lie. He mentioned that extraterrestrials were going to be identified as the final enemy against whom we were going to build space-based weapons back in 1974.

And of course:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course now, where are the spacealien bases on the Moon?
NASA has plenty of pictures of the Moon!

And that is why someone recalled the old serpo story, probably!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Time-Released Poison

After many case studies like the original radio release of "War of the Worlds" I'm sure it's fairly obvious to everyone here that the media is not an option for this type of story. In fact, it's been a point of debate on why disclosure has not happened already and the biggest fear of the guys running the show. That is, simply, world-wide panic. It must be thought a hoax by most to begin with. Many phases left, if it's a true sanctioned disclosure. It's being time-released in the slowest possible manner after decades of research on public reaction given certain variables.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

NOTE: Do we know for sure that, within the story, 308 is dead?

After re-reading Anon's latest post, one can argue that 308 was ill and left in 'stasis' or hibernation by the Ebens (who may have been afraid of infecting their population with an earth virus). Note that, within the story, the Ebens warn about 'infection' when they insist on keeping the glass dome over 308.

Also note that the new Eben translator is unaware that 308 is dead. Surely she would have been told, before meeting the humans, that one of their crew had died. Perhaps this is a situation where the commander misinterpreted the Ebens and thought 308 was dead while he was actually just being 'stored' for the time being?

I'm sure someone will say that I'm coming up with excuses for Anon... but... after re-reading the other day's post... I think that the '308 is dead' situation can be interpreted many ways.

I posted this same thing a few pages back, but it was totally ignored and everyone just rambles on yelling 'hoax'.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hi guys,

something that's been niggling is the numbers designated to each member of the team. We know eleven of the numbers thus far and are only waiting for the Team Leaders to be revealed. But already they seem to be rather random and quite forgetful, which doesn't really make too much sense.

What I'm saying is, if they attributed say '101' to the TL and then each successive number was allocated randomly, i.e. not in any rank order, then surely that would be sufficient to protect their identities from each other while allowing them to readily recall their colleagues ID number. Why three digit numbers? Wouldn't 1-12 suffice??

I'm thinking that there could be a specific reference attached to the numbers used?

Maybe, maybe not; I think that I think too much!!

All ideas welcomed; apologies if this has been coverred previously.

Best Wishes

J

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As for 308...

Dead or alive...

I want to remind everyone that the 'crew list' I wrote up a few hundred posts back was, when it came to the point of figuring out who was who, a best guess. I looked at the jobs people were perfoming in the journals and used such observations to try to figure out who were the pilots, linguists, doctors, etc...

But, by no means, are my conclusions absolute or to be taken as gospel. The crew may have been performing multiple tasks at once (a pilot, for instance, could also have handled the guns).

I am fairly certain about the doctors -- simply because that is such a highly specialized task and one that wouldn't be undertaken by even cross-trained non-doctors outside of an emergency situation -- but, for the rest, people should not assume that my guesses as to which numbers correspond with certain team duties are 100% accurate.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

NOTE: Do we know for sure that, within the story, 308 is dead?

After re-reading Anon's latest post, one can argue that 308 was ill and left in 'stasis' or hibernation by the Ebens (who may have been afraid of infecting their population with an earth virus). Note that, within the story, the Ebens warn about 'infection' when they insist on keeping the glass dome over 308.

Also note that the new Eben translator is unaware that 308 is dead. Surely she would have been told, before meeting the humans, that one of their crew had died. Perhaps this is a situation where the commander misinterpreted the Ebens and thought 308 was dead while he was actually just being 'stored' for the time being?

I'm sure someone will say that I'm coming up with excuses for Anon... but... after re-reading the other day's post... I think that the '308 is dead' situation can be interpreted many ways.

I posted this same thing a few pages back, but it was totally ignored and everyone just rambles on yelling 'hoax'.

Nope not totally ignored. I for one read your post and agree that the problem is simply communication. Not everyone is hung up on the dead crewmen on the ship conspiracy. There are too many varibles to be considered for that to be a red flag!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmoebaSized

Apparently this scenario has been in place at least since the 1970's. According to the testimony of Dr. Carol Rossin, which is on line, Werner Von Braun warned her about it in 1974. He said the aim was "to control the Earth from space and space itself.

I agree 100%!!
If they want to start release of info at this time it must serve a purpose.
They would really love to sell the Weapons In Space issue to the American people.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
After many case studies like the original radio release of "War of the Worlds" I'm sure it's fairly obvious to everyone here that the media is not an option for this type of story.

The story has nothing to do with an invasion, and it’s about aliens that are very benign, the story happened years ago, and this is not 1938.

IMHO, the "panic" scenario is not the reason why disclosure has not taken place. It was the reason very early on, but now it is about other reasons. It would be like opening the floodgates. If one story was officially disclosed, everyone would want to know more, and the government would be too busy dealing with the issue, to govern the country. Also they would be admitting that they lied to the country for some 60 years. People would be obsessed with the subject for years to come. It was no different back in the Dark ages, when the Catholic Church inhibited the advance of science. It is all about keeping power, and population control.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gingerlad
Hi guys,

something that's been niggling is the numbers designated to each member of the team. We know eleven of the numbers thus far and are only waiting for the Team Leaders to be revealed. But already they seem to be rather random and quite forgetful, which doesn't really make too much sense.

What I'm saying is, if they attributed say '101' to the TL and then each successive number was allocated randomly, i.e. not in any rank order, then surely that would be sufficient to protect their identities from each other while allowing them to readily recall their colleagues ID number. Why three digit numbers? Wouldn't 1-12 suffice??

I'm thinking that there could be a specific reference attached to the numbers used?

Maybe, maybe not; I think that I think too much!!

All ideas welcomed; apologies if this has been coverred previously.

Best Wishes

J

The final 12 where chosen from numerous others of which many would have been given a number. Just as in Seal training or Flight training, many may start but only a few will complete. This would explain the random numbers of the crew.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
With regard to the numbers, it is possible that the designations used in subsequent reports could be altered, ie the team members could have been on first name terms at the time, but reports made by other people about the project would use code identities

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
it doesn't explain. also, from my body dilaptating, yet informative research...is that it doesn't say how big the original team was? sure twelve went to serpo. but, how many were "cut" or added before the mission went live? for all we know, 200 people could of been selected and it was dwindled down to the bare minimum for training and other needs..if I'm not mistaken. thats how it usually works. "candidates" are chosen then picked from the bunch...the odd number of twelve for me...in theory is that out of the choices of candidates the amount of 12 is merely coincidental from their choices they deemed "qualified" but, just thinking though...I really have no idea.

p.s. like men in black "what are we doing here" "were here to represent the best of the best of the best SIR."

[edit on 27-1-2006 by waffleprime]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

IMHO, the "panic" scenario is not the reason why disclosure has not taken place. It was the reason very early on, but now it is about other reasons. It would be like opening the floodgates. If one story was officially disclosed, everyone would want to know more, and the government would be too busy dealing with the issue, to govern the country. Also they would be admitting that they lied to the country for some 60 years. People would be obsessed with the subject for years to come. It was no different back in the Dark ages, when the Catholic Church inhibited the advance of science. It is all about keeping power, and population control.

Just my 2 cents.

regarding the 'lies'. you are right. but are there any people left alive who could be held accountable for letting the situation arise in the first place? no? then it will be 'easier' to disclose as the 'lie' could be justified in terms of overall national security requirements; of any government. in other words; they had no choice but to maintain secrecy and work with the more advanced ets, who, in terms of power, have the upper hand. but with everything else, you are also right.

Ram

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Whheeee!!!

Just a doll - don't panic yet..

God i love this game..

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yeesh, I go away to actually do some real world business for a few hours and end up having to do agagillion pages of required reading, man this thread is wild.

I would like to comment along the lines of what crakeur and others are saying as some of us seem to be thinking among the same lines.

My feeling at this point is that this is nothing but a con job, not a government op of any kind.

No flaming please this is my opinion.

As i've stated before and will continue to state that I believe and will conitnue to give bill the benefit of the doubt, having said that however, the thing that sticks out the most is the discloure issue.

Everyone on Victors list (I've never seen it but I'm going off the descriptions of it) and 99.999% of us on this board are either looking for a bigger truth or have in some way experienced the bigger truth for ourselves.

To "test" disclosure on a group of people who want to believe seems useless.

Honestly if the government (any government) came out and announced this story as fact I will speak for myself, but assume my reaction would be similar to others.

That reaction would be something along the lines of "I knew it!", "bout time" or "No duh!" or some such variation.

I don't think any of us would freak out, panic or deride the announcement. So why test here, there are many ways an intelligence group could test disclosure in the mainstream.

To test the reaction of the paranormal community seems a waste of time to me.

Having said that, and I know what assuming does but I have a hard time believing the government would spend so much time right now trying to make us look foolish (again!).

This to me sounds more and more like a group of ahem..."Culture jammers" having a bit of fun....though I wouldn't call it fun.

I'm assuming Victor and Bill are being duped as well, until proven other wise.

But I have to say, I really think this is the new titor, montauk or whatever other paranormal fable that's been sold as fact. (as has been suggested by others previously).

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" so sayeth the daltry.

As for RobertFenix, while I don't agree with all his tactics, sometimes dissenters are needed. I for one will miss his input on this matter.

Hey, somebody has to stick up for the guy.

Space Peace and Space Love People.

SPiderj

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The story has nothing to do with an invasion, and it’s about aliens that are very benign, the story happened years ago, and this is not 1938.

As someone mentioned earlier, what would an advanced race (that defeated their enemy and blew up the planet) gain from an exchange program with us? Invasion does not have to be overt.

The difference is between panic and terror; as I see it. Panic induces the flight or fight mechanism in the human animal because of it's suddenness. Terror is a deeper level and takes longer to foment. It also has the advantage of bypassing the flight/fight machanism and causing a type of conscious paralysis (for the most part as all humans are different).

Just some thoughts for the pile.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
After the American space cadets ventured to Planet Serpo, mysteriously, the Ebens started smoking big cigars, playing Country and Western Music, holding Squaredances, while wearing Cowboy Hats, and had rodeos!

Of course, their animal was so docile that it never moved, but still the Ebens in the audience stands cheered on!

They also ended up having Tex-Mex Barbercues~!

Yeee-Haw!

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join