It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Thank you, again, for your patience in this. Let's keep moving forward so that this story unfolds to its ending, so that we may understand what it all means.

SO, just to clarify, im wondering if u still think this is a hoax as u said it smelt like one on page 1 of this thread

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapman
Hello
I am writing on behalf of my Grampy he does not have the internet. He says it is dehumanising and things change so fast that he has given up trying to keep up. He types super fast though
He has said he will say more and expand upon what he said before when he comes to our house on Sunday. I have printed out some of the pages from here and posted them to him.
If you are thinking he is someone very important like the cigar smoking man on the X-files he is not like that. He is just normal. He worked for the government. He says for and against the government. He has never seen a UFO or Alien because I aksed him but he says he nows people who have and he once was shown where they were kept.
Grampy will not give his name and I wont give it either. He says he will provide some kind of verification to prove that he has seen the Serpo thing and that people are being tricked by this. 'Because when you get to my age you dont like to see people being taken for a ride by a dome headed boy' was what he said. Sometimes I dont know what he means when he says funny things. I will look at the forum again tomorrow but I won't answer any questions or speak for grampy. I know more about UFOs than he does anyway
Bye

Hi, chapman –

Many thanks, and great to hear from you. Welcome to the Forum!

Please tell us a little more about yourself and your Grampy. Is his name "Chapman", or is that your name? Some people thought he might be a man called Chapman Pincher, who has written lots of books about spies and spying. Is this him? Whoever your Grampy is, please send him our regards.

I'm delighted to see that you're from the UK!

We look forward to hearing from you again.

Best wishes, Bill

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just to clarify for bill, because considering how quickly this thread grows it's easy to get lost, chapman made posts under the name, they were interesting and possibly far fetched but had a tone of serious to it.

This newest post seems (at least to me) to be someone claiming to be a small child or very young. I don't know a lot of people over the age of nine who refer to grandparents as grampy.

And in England isn't the common reference PAPA?

Could be wrong but I called my grandparents Nana and Papa or variations of those.

My mother is from bristol. Just an FYI.

Spiderj...ol chap.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapman
He says he will provide some kind of verification to prove that he has seen the Serpo thing and that people are being tricked by this. 'Because when you get to my age you dont like to see people being taken for a ride by a dome headed boy' was what he said. Sometimes I dont know what he means when he says funny things.

Hmm, that last bit (in bold) was totally out of character with regards the rest of your post - if one ignores the almost childish reference to Grampy, that is

I haven't heard the term 'dome headed boy' before so I got to thinking surely that has to be a clue - but a clue to what?

Well, there's hardly any references on Google for that term, but that what does show up is quite interesting (and very weird!)

Mystery Science Theatre 3001

It was, in short, a good day to travel. And that's exactly what Ash Servo was doing. The dome-headed boy walked down the road, whistling happy to himself. Reaching up to adjust his trademark baseball cap with his fully functional human arms, he turned and looked back down the road he came from, expecting someone to be following him.

Okaaaay! So that's established his name, at least. Hmm, spooky comparison to the name Serpo there, but then again I'm seeing references to it everywhere these days...

Then it gets really spooky:

"You mean abandon our lives and run off to far-away, dangerous places
in the pursuit of the wild and being led around by the crazy dream of
someone younger than we are?" Crock asked.
"Going off to high adventures, meeting strange people and customs, and
STILL falling into the same old routine of ever other show?" asked
Gysty.
"Um... yeah." Ash flushed.
"Count me in! Sounds AWESOME!" Crock exclaimed.
"Shoot, I'm already set to go!" Gysty quipped, shouldering her duffel
bag. But she froze briefly as something occurred to her. "But... Ash...
if we start traveling again, won't THEY most likely follow us?"

Gulp, who could THEY be?!

"You mean US?" came a voice from above.
"Uh oh..." Ash grimaced. He knew that voice.
"To protect the web from sanitation!" came another voice.
"To keep confusion in our nation!" the first voice said.
"To teach the beauty of conspiracy and spam!"
"And sour lemons that can kill a man!"
The giant lemon-shaped balloon descended, and two strange figures
(dressed in ridiculous white uniforms) hopped off and struck a dramatic
pose.

I think I need to lay down, and have some strawberry ice cream. Yeah, that oughta do it...

Mmmm, tasty!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Just to clarify for bill, because considering how quickly this thread grows it's easy to get lost, chapman made posts under the name, they were interesting and possibly far fetched but had a tone of serious to it.

This newest post seems (at least to me) to be someone claiming to be a small child or very young. I don't know a lot of people over the age of nine who refer to grandparents as grampy.

And in England isn't the common reference PAPA?

Could be wrong but I called my grandparents Nana and Papa or variations of those.

My mother is from bristol. Just an FYI.

Spiderj...ol chap.

Hi, Spiderj –

The two messages from Chapman were on the same login. Grampy (an English term of endearment!), who is not on the internet, used his grandson's computer to send his earlier message. Now we've heard from the grandson about his Grampy. This is quite authentic. We warmly welcome hearing from them both at any time.

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I haven't heard the term 'dome headed boy' before so I got to thinking surely that has to be a clue - but a clue to what?

This sure looks like a "dome headed boy" to me.

www.jerrypippin.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well bill you're a better man than I am, because I think we're all being played, you included...again I hope not, but I think we're all being lead through a hall of mirrors by certain people who have registered very recently and only contributed to this thread.

not directed at you because I know you're here specifically for this and not to debate the flying car somebody found on google.

Spiderj

PS again, my mom is one of thirteen children, I've spent a lot of time in england especially as a child and never heard any of my cousins refer to our grandparents as anything other than Nana and Papa and again variations on those themes, so I just wanted to ask.

If you say it's common, I believe....for now...bwahahah!

Spiderj

[edit on 1/26/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna

www.jerrypippin.com...

Aha! VERY well spotted

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thats Dan Burisch in that picture, the Dome headed boy

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wow what a twist to the plot.

Is it normal for a potential disclosure project, where the 'data source' gets replaced?
If, as speculated, anon has been replaced, then to what degree?
Have all anon's been replaced, and if so, why the change to go around Victor?

It looks like something has happened in the background, which may shift a lot of people's opinions towards Serpo.

I can't deny, I was in the 70% belief band, but waiting for some really meaty info, that would either confirm or blow this all away.

But if recent events behind the scenes have happened, then I am firmly back over the fence!

One of my theory's now is that the original anon has been silenced in some way. Maybe anon 'A' was actually disclosing the truth, which upset the powers that be. And in order to dis-credit the info, anon 'B' has been installed to start the dis-info campaign.
In so doing, a direct contact was made with Bill to get the ball rolling again.

Maybe anon 'B' was in the original trio, but was feeding info back to his/her superiors, a kind of mole in the disclosure camp as it were.

For some reason, one thing I am convinced of is Bill Ryan's honesty and integrity in all this. The mud slinging has started again, but Bill is still fighting his corner.

But I am also starting to think Bill is being used by the dis-info camp, because of his passion and enthusiasm for this project.
I hope not for his sake, because he has dedicated a lot of time and effort to this, and taken plenty of flack in the process.

I am also proud of the work you guys and gals have done in analysing the data so far.
Not a single stone has been left unturned in any aspect of this, and it is a great experience for a newby like me, to see both the believer's and the skeptic's views backed up with good reason and debate.

Keep on digging.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

www.jerrypippin.com...

D'oh, hmmm... now wait a minute. Naw couldn't be.

Maybe he's talking about spiderj's avatar?

Just kidding spidey.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Fake or real...

I'm struck by the number of details the Serpo story has with other pieces of UFO lore. Among them:

1.The aliens stay in bubbles or pods while in space (this is included in a variety of books by abduction researchers).

2.The aliens carry small boxes on their belts (found throughout UFO reports from the 1960s)

3.The aliens are from Zeta Reticuli (found in interpretations of the Hill account and the 1980s 'aviary' story... as well as Bob Lazar's story).

4.The aliens have a leader who is taller than the rest (found in Close Encounters of the Third Kind and many abduction accounts)

5.The aliens have large 'motherships' that serve as carriers for smaller 'saucers'.

Now... either

A) There is a contemporary hoaxer who is well read in UFO lore and, when creating the Serpo stuff, tied a variety of pieces from different sources together.

B)The (presumably government) hoaxer from the 1960s wrote many of these details and put them in one story. Over time they 'diffused' out into popular UFO folklore.

C)The story is real and all the converging similarities between UFO lore/media and the Serpo story are no accident. They describe the same things because they... really are describing the same things.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
no problemo hal. And remember, bald is beautiful.

As long as you don't start calling me dave and try to shoot me out of an airlock, we're cool homey

Spider(sexy bald spider)j

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
Hi, Spiderj –

The two messages from Chapman were on the same login. Grampy (an English term of endearment!), who is not on the internet, used his grandson's computer to send his earlier message. Now we've heard from the grandson about his Grampy. This is quite authentic. We warmly welcome hearing from them both at any time.

Best, Bill

Hi Bill, Chapman & guys,

I'd echo what Bill is saying wholeheartedly, if this lad's grandfather/great grandfather is who some of us think it is, then both should be made feel most welcome here at ATS; welcome to ATS Chapman.

I must admit it's a word I've not used in a while, but I used to call my paternal grandfather Grampy to distiguish him from my maternal grandfather who got the moniker Grampa. Those were the days!! ;-]

Good to see you back Bill.

Best Wishes

J

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Unfortuantely fenix that makes perfect sense. Nice call.

People we are being played like a piano.

imo of course, I also still want to lump bill in with the rest of us suckeries as opposed to being one of the suckerers.

Suckerj

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
chapman posts that nonsense, bill gives the big thumbs up on his authenticity and that's that?

chapman the elder says serpo's a hoax. chapman the younger says aliens exist, papa saw their ship and he, the younger, knows more about aliens than his grandfather?

um, ok. by the way, I'm chapman the middle. I know more than the other two combined and it's astounding.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

That's exactly why I posted it. We may be caught in the middle of a "disclosure" and/or "disinformation" war between two (or more) UFO research camps.

Just my 2 cents....

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

That's exactly why I posted it. We may be caught in the middle of a "disclosure" and/or "disinformation" war between two (or more) UFO research camps.

Just my 2 cents....

Exactly, thank you for pointing that out Shawnna.

Think about it - Chapman logs in initially and writes up a very intelligent statement about a soviet dis-info project, thereby discounting project serpo as a hoax to scare the Russians.

Then, someone on here makes the comment about wow - this guy is 91 and he's still at it.

He realizes his mistake - and starts pretending he's a grandkid. Come on guys - if you all believe that my respect for ATS just went right down the tubes. I figured everyone here is much more intelligent than that.

I strongly suspect what Shawnna said might be what's happening here - we're caught in the middle of two sides. Whether these are disclosure versus dis-info, or simply two camps of hoaxters trying to outdo eachother, we don't know yet.

Good god...we sure ain't in Kansas anymore are we? Yo Toto - pass me one of them space sickness pills... Thanks...

-rdube02

[edit on 26-1-2006 by rdube02 for silly typos]

[edit on 26-1-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

chapman the elder says serpo's a hoax. chapman the younger says aliens exist, papa saw their ship and he, the younger, knows more about aliens than his grandfather?

yep, I agree with you entirely, I'm all for welcoming people with open arms but if we don't start taking a very hard look at what's going on around here we're all going to look like morons.

IMO of course.

And shawna, sorry if I gave fenix the credit for it if you were the one that pointed it out...you still get props rf.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Good god...we sure ain't in Kansas anymore are we? Yo Toto - pass me one of them space sickness pills... Thanks...

-rdube02

[edit on 26-1-2006 by rdube02 for silly typos]

[edit on 26-1-2006 by rdube02]

I'm sticking with popcorn and milk duds!!!

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join