It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDX175DUEX

Originally posted by Sanctum1972
Even if they say the time on their watches can't be used, I believe that military/intelligence agents would still use the 2400 military clock for record-keeping on the logs and for activity co-ordination. After all, it's the professional thing to do.

Exactly. There are very strict procedures for military records, and this journal is a joke.
They use a very strict 24 hour period, they would never of had a discussion about it.

Not being a military person, can you tell me when this strict time period was introduced? Remember, this is 50 years ago, although I certainly admit to the fact that I have no history knowledge of the US army.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure what's more interesting, the whole Serpo story or the so-called "experts" trying to debunk this whole story.

I want to ask you all one simple question but please give it some good thought before you answer.

What would you see as undeniable proof?

In my opinion it's just impossible for Bill or Anon to prove anything to you. Unless someone offers to take you to S4 or Area51 and show you the proof nothing can really prove it. Documents and pictures can be faked and stories can be made up.

This doesn't say that this story can't be true but it can never really be proven.

Just my $0,02

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Bill - Even an audio transcript doen't make it sound any better. I re-read it as an audio log and it is just as ridiculous. Someone earlier pointed out that he specifically says in the journal somewhere "writes in journal" so that pretty much rules it out.

And then... for you to offer up the possibility that a written journal was later made into audio form and then back to written form, is not only laughable, but certainly shows you defending it a little too much.
Your supposed to be in the same boat as us remember?

Instead of attacking Bill and his thoughts, how about considering other explanations? I thought of this reasonable explanation off the top of my head... perhaps anon is typing the journal as it's being read to him over the phone?

As has been speculated before, it's possible anon doesn't possess the original documents/photos. He may very well require others to provide him with the original data.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirddensity
One more note about Alice Bradley Sheldon.

At George Washington University, she began work on a doctorate in Experimental Psychology, which she finally earned in 1967.

Yeah, I caught that too, on my previous post.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by YYZZYY
... perhaps anon is typing the journal as it's being read to him over the phone?

This sounds reasonable and probably is what Bill Ryan was trying to relay. Anon may just be typing what he is being dictated or hearing from voice mail.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky4u
I'm not sure what's more interesting, the whole Serpo story or the so-called "experts" trying to debunk this whole story.

Dont be such a jackass - No one ever said they were experts. We're simply people who find this interesting and try to debunk it. Its the whole idea of ATS!

I want to ask you all one simple question but please give it some good thought before you answer.

What would you see as undeniable proof?

An EBE on national TV.

In my opinion it's just impossible for Bill or Anon to prove anything to you. Unless someone offers to take you to S4 or Area51 and show you the proof nothing can really prove it. Documents and pictures can be faked and stories can be made up.

The point in the Serpo project is to get this information out to people! The more disclosure there is, the bigger the chance that this will get real.

You should really think twice before posting something like that again.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hopefully I want get flamed too bad but has anyone else noticed that the majority of people who want us to outright believe this have registered here in the last month or so?

Very interesting to me.

And I would like to point out that I said majority...not everybody.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by YYZZYY
... perhaps anon is typing the journal as it's being read to him over the phone?

As has been speculated before, it's possible anon doesn't possess the original documents/photos. He may very well require others to provide him with the original data.

I fail to see how "relaying it over the phone" or "switching formats", would change the actual content of the journal to that far-out narrative/story that we have.

How does relaying it over the phone, change the questionable actions of the Team Leader, the lack of professionalism, or the confusion over their own wristwatches and 24 hour time? (which has been in use since military inception)

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapman
However these are not real events that are being described although the document they come from is real. I saw this information in 69 or 70 in Whitehall. Originally it was a CIA document authored by a lady named Alice Bradley Sheldon. It's main purpose if you will parden the phrase was to "scare the crap out of the Soviets" in response to them scaring the crap out of us.

...The Serpo report was part of the CIAs reposte to this and an attempt to trump the Soviets.

I know that this this theory has been making the rounds lately (that "Project Serpo" is some relic, 1960's, CI program), but to me, there is just one GLARING problem with this analysis...

The entire "Project Serpo" story is defined by an expedition leaving Earth in the year 1965, and returning, thirteen years later, in 1978!!

The Final Report has also been referenced by an individual outside of "ANON", and the date is agreed to be 1980.

Were the KGB and the GRU genuinely meant to twiddle their thumbs all that time waiting for the team's return??

Rather than argue further, I will merely put this to everyone else' judgement:

If YOU were a Soviet analyst--in the year, say, 1969--and Collection had just offered YOU an American Debriefing report about a trip to another star system (Never mind Neil Armstrong...!!) that was purported to have been written eleven years in the future, what would YOU think??

I think I would say "NYET"!!

[And in that case, why would CIA/DIA even bother??]

In my humble opinion (barring any compelling evidence), this theory represents a significant failure of logic...

My thoughts,

Serpentime

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Hopefully I want get flamed too bad but has anyone else noticed that the majority of people who want us to outright believe this have registered here in the last month or so?

There have been several new members that have joined then only post once saying it is disinfo also.

This is the latest from chapman.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can anyone find that post from yourworstnightmare? What page was that on?

Edit: Thanks Shawnna, that's the one.

Originally posted by Shawnna

[edit on 1/25/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Very interesting to me.

Well, to be fair, I joined in December and the Serpo thing was such a big deal thread that it was one of the first I started following (like the FEMA Detainment Camp thread.) So, I don't think it's fair to say that there are so many new members posting to this thread, when it's a thread that's highly visible for any new member checking things out around here.

FWIW, I don't think everyone should believe this story anyway. I think this thread is a testament to why ATS is such an interesting place. Through this discussion the questions will answered and the answers will be questioned and we all get smarter as a result!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Very interesting to me.

Spiderj

Hi Spiderj - that does seem to be true, but speaking for myself it's not. I'm in the middle - although leaning heavily toward SkepticOverlord's disinformation theory.

Just please don't belittle people who have registered in just the past month. Not that you are belittling anyone, but there is an undertone of superiority from a lot of people who have higher points on ATS. I've been reading/researching ufo/aliens just as much if not more than many people who have high points on ATS. I avoided online ufo/alien forums to this point because I found most online forums half-filled with people who have some serious mental instabilities.

However this story caught my attention, and then this forum caught my attention - then I realized that most people on ATS aren't half loonies, so I registered. I'm certainly no newbie to the online forum world or computers for that matter, and I and many others with under 1000 points do have bachelors or masters degrees in the sciences and engineering. DON'T base evaluation of a posting just on ATS points, all that means is that the users haven't been writing or posting a lot - it doesn't mean their opinions are any less valuable than anyone elses.

This isn't meant to be a flame against you - I just wanted to point out it's important to accept everyone's opinion as valid regardless of the ATS point system.

Just my humble opinion - back to my cubicle once again,
-rdube02

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
when did the deception begin?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I fail to see how "relaying it over the phone" or "switching formats", would change the actual content of the journal to that far-out narrative/story that we have.

In your last post to Bill you attacked him (twice) for his current belief that the latest Anon Post appears to be taken from an audio source... you made those statements, using words such as "ridiculous" and "laughable" without considering other options. I presented you with a perfectly reasonable explanation of what Bill might have been referring to when he mentioned "audio".

That said, I made no mention of neither Bill nor my belief in the validity of the contents of Anon's latest post.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well done Serpentine gosh why didn't anybody see that sooner! Makes perfect sense creating a counter measure to a story of soviet nukes in the 60's with a story of US people going to a fictional planet and returning in 1975 would be pointless especially if the report wasn't completed till much later. To counter something like that something current would have been required. Therefore the theory Serpo was used for that does not hold for me. Though I suppose that doesn't for certain mean it is not some kind of disinformation so I'm still on the fence.

Thanks to Bill Ryan for keeping at it providing everyone with the info regardless of what people say.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Mikes2005]

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Mikes2005]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pkrska
Was anyone able to determine what happened to 308?

No, pnuemonia is suspect but no one knows for sure. According to this compilation of quotes, 308 is the missing member and probably a female linquist.

23 December
I just went through today's posting and have compiled every reference to a team member or specific Eben that comes up. I believe that we can infer their duties from what has been given so far:

The following list of quotes is from the eleventh posting:

899 and 203 will have overall charge of weapons.
700 and 754 will give each member final check before boarding.
475 really nervous. 700 will watch him.
102 sitting next to me and he is faint.
OK, I guess 203 and myself will sit in different location above these seats.
420 will try to use his language skills.
899 will taste it. Well, 899 said it tastes like paper.
OK, MVC finally showed up. Told us we will begin trip soon.
Well, 899 figured out how to get out because he is standing up.
899 said a EBE came in and looked at us and left. Other team members sleeping. 899 and myself walking around this room.
700 and 754 gave us medicine to settle our stomachs.
700 and 754 tells us to eat and drink the water we brought along we are doing that and feel a little better...
Our date recorder isn't working very well, according to 633. He thinks we have been going for 10 days but not really sure.
700 and 754, who ate the EBE food didn't seem to be as sick as us.
We drink that and seem to be better, except 518, who seem to be sick.
633 and 661 were really interested in this [command room]. 633 seemed better.
OK, MVC finally arrived. He explains in broken English, that we are halfway to home planet.
633 wants to see the engines. MVC takes four of us to the engine room or whatever they wish to call the room.

From these passages we can begin to figure out the role of each member of the team:

(no number) Commander (Male)
102 (Male)
203 Weapons duties (security?)
420 Linguist (Male)
475 (Male)
633 Scientist or pilot (Male)
661 Scientist or pilot
700 Doctor
754 Doctor
899 Weapons duties (Male) (security?)
MVC Alien guide/translator.

One of the crew members hasn't been mentioned yet.

[And then another forum member pointed out:]
The team member not mentioned in the first journal entry seems to be the female linguist mentioned in Anon's 2nd posting, since the only linguist mentioned in the journal entry appears to be male.
"There were two females, one being a doctor and the other being a linguist."
"420 will try to use his language skills."

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Just please don't belittle people who have registered in just the past month. Not that you are belittling anyone, but there is an undertone of superiority from a lot of people who have higher points on ATS.

I know i didn't include that part where you mentioned you didn't think I was belittling people and I appreciate that.

Again I did say majority, this is not meat towards those who have joined recently and yes I understand that it is a major post.

I noticed a pattern, so I brought it up that's all. Some of the newly registered have only posted on this thread, so it just seemed like something that should be thrown out there.

Also as Hal mentioned there are some also posting it's disinfo right against those saying it's all true.

The best way to control a situation is to control both sides of the situation.

This is not directed at anyone who is truly with us looking for the truth.

So don't take it personal.

As for the superiority of some members, usually it has nothing to do with points. If you look at my little avatar thingy you'll see I've been here a while and have far fewer points than others.

It's not about points for most of us, it's about our experiences. I've been in the world of high strangeness for a very long time, I've been from one side to the other and seen a lot of people get conned and screwed in some way, why? because they wanted to believe, it made them an easy mark.

So again, all you sincere truth hunters who have recently joined I say welcome my funky intergalactic brethren.

So again, don't think just because you registered in the last month this was aimed at you or anyone else specifically.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The only thing I found weird about the last entry is that the guy wrote in his journal, "I fall asleep."

That's not realistic. Unless he woke up and wrote that as the last line of his previous entry, it just doesn't make sense. The way he put "I fall asleep", makes it seem like a story being told, instead of a journal being written.

Had he started out the next entry with "I fell asleep in the bowl" or something similar to that, it would have made more sense.

However, I believe that Project Serpo is real. Don't get me wrong. This just seemed like a little hiccup in the story.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Can anyone find that post from yourworstnightmare? What page was that on?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Its good to see Anon is still alive !!...The M.I.B. did not get him !! (yet!)

new info is great....there IS a definate change in style.....but this must be from cutting Victor out of the loop....which in my opinion was a very good idea. No sense in putting out info that someone else changes before its posted....raw unaltered data is what we want, need and must have !!

Keep the faith Bill !!

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join