It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The following list of quotes is from the eleventh posting:

899 and 203 will have overall charge of weapons.
700 and 754 will give each member final check before boarding.
475 really nervous. 700 will watch him.
102 sitting next to me and he is faint.
OK, I guess 203 and myself will sit in different location above these seats.
420 will try to use his language skills.
899 will taste it. Well, 899 said it tastes like paper.
OK, MVC finally showed up. Told us we will begin trip soon.
Well, 899 figured out how to get out because he is standing up.
899 said a EBE came in and looked at us and left. Other team members sleeping. 899 and myself walking around this room.
700 and 754 gave us medicine to settle our stomachs.
700 and 754 tells us to eat and drink the water we brought along we are doing that and feel a little better...
Our date recorder isn't working very well, according to 633. He thinks we have been going for 10 days but not really sure.
700 and 754, who ate the EBE food didn't seem to be as sick as us.
We drink that and seem to be better, except 518, who seem to be sick.
633 and 661 were really interested in this [command room]. 633 seemed better.
OK, MVC finally arrived. He explains in broken English, that we are halfway to home planet.
633 wants to see the engines. MVC takes four of us to the engine room or whatever they wish to call the room.

From these passages we can begin to figure out the role of each member of the team:

(no number) Commander (Male)
102 (Male)
203 Weapons duties (security?)
420 Linguist (Male)
475 (Male)
633 Scientist or pilot (Male)
661 Scientist or pilot
700 Doctor
754 Doctor
899 Weapons duties (Male) (security?)
MVC Alien guide/translator.

One of the crew members hasn't been mentioned yet.

[And then another forum member pointed out:]
The team member not mentioned in the first journal entry seems to be the female linguist mentioned in Anon's 2nd posting, since the only linguist mentioned in the journal entry appears to be male.
"There were two females, one being a doctor and the other being a linguist."
"420 will try to use his language skills."

"Ok, get organized."
Told 203 to round up all crew.
Found 308 missing.
Ebe1 came back and lead me to 308.
700 and 754 will examine 308.
Ebe 1 cautioned us no to take 308 out.
700 and 754 is here.
I try to tell Ebe 1 that these guys are our doctors and must examine 308.
I guess 308 must have had some sort of infection and it could be contagious.
But is 308 dead?
700 and 754 just looked into the bowl and said it looks like 308 is dead.
899 is concerned with being locked into a room.
633 and 661 thinks we should be keeping busy.
899 wants to arm himself with handgun.
661 suggests we make up a calendar and a time system...
518 set up the air monitor.
The team is joking about 518’s nomenclature use for regular air.
661 will keep calendar.
700 and 754 says lets eat.
700 reminds us to wear out sunglasses once we exit.
633 says it is 107 degrees.
I asked for the body of 308 .
I told 203 to gather everyone in the lower storage area.
633 suggested we start the calendar as of today.

I hope that's all of it. My eyes were glassing over.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDX175DUEX

Bill, isn't that a better explanation than a 3rd person source over the telephone relaying an account to Anonymous of something he read years ago and is now "recreating from memory"? (quite a stretch there)

Hi KDX,

I can understand your frustration at the glaring discrepancies in the latest posting from Anon; you're not alone in feeling this way and many open minded people will now have serious doubts as to the authenticity of the post and the veracity of the story as a whole. All I can say is don't let it get to you, it's only a story thus far - nothing has been proved.

You are being treated to a front row seat to what is the biggest conspiracy story breaking on the net; and it isn't costing you a cent.

Patience is the key as we unfortunately cannot hurry Anon into releasing the story any quicker. This story, if true, has taken 40 years to reach the public domain, surely we can give Bill the time he needs to get Anon's find out in its entirety. The non-existence or existence of Eben's won't change, the story has been finalised and we are at Anon's mercy as to whether or not we get to see the finished article.

It's like the prison library book, you daren't look to see if the final pages are missing for fear of ruining the plot; but the further you get sucked into the story the more you worry that someone has ripped the last few pages out just to spite you.

Best Wishes

J

p.s. just enjoy the craic. ;-]*

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That would be my line of thinking, sir. Absolutely. I have no military background but I know enough because of my late parents' being veterans of the air force from the 1950s and other family members having been in WWII and the Korean Conflict to understand the meaning of discipline.
Especially for any of you who have been in Boy Scouts years ago would understand the similarity of discipline in rank and file and the organization of timed activities for rendevous or the accounting for those in attendance, etc.
I'm very, very surprised that "Skipper" never used such language like "so and so is accounted for. ### is accounted for. ### is also accounted for. ### is absent.". Where is that military discipline or mindset? Even if you're a scientist in a military expedition, one is expected to follow protocol. Remember the supposed handbook/manual that they carried in the mission? That's what it's for...to remind them of their duties and what to do to keep things orderly and structured.

As for the audio part..here's the thing. That would not even be possible and the story would've been shut down early on already if it was really true within the government circles. One thing comes to mind:
NSA (National Security Agency). Hello?

And also..the part about the female EBE crying for 308..reminds me so much of a certain FEMALE EBE shown in the movie Mission to Mars...crying for a reason (yes, the Grey/Martian did go 'boo hoo'..no joke)....I suggest you watch the film but go to the near ending..there's some similarities between that story and the Serpo entries. Not exactly but you may get what I'm referring to. So, my memory of Serpo and a familiar film is now resurfacing back in my memory why this all feels too familiar to me.

Here's the link: www.imdb.com...

Cheers.

Sanctum1972

Exactly. There are very strict procedures for military records, and this journal is a joke.
They use a very strict 24 hour period, they would never of had a discussion about it.
They would of had a permanent guard rotation, and the person on watch would record everything that happened in the logs.
The fact that the Team Leader went back to bed "the bowl" before confirming the location of his entire team is against protocol.
Anyone who is in the military can point out these obvious signs, and shows that the author probably hasn't had, or had a very limited, military background.

And then... for you to offer up the possibility that a written journal was later made into audio form and then back to written form, is not only laughable, but certainly shows you defending it a little too much.
Your supposed to be in the same boat as us remember?

I am having fun reading the banter and speculation, and watching the fence sitters. This Project Serpo is entertaining in more ways than one.

Edit - the amount of effort people are going through, to check a name, or to research each lead is incredible, even when they know better. Which reminds me, how is the thread summary coming along?

[edit on 25-1-2006 by KDX175DUEX]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
And John, when I said I will be the first to say it, I was actually referring to being the first to say the word "shenanigans"...yes I watch too much south park...hence my edit when I saw chi had called shenanigans before me.

Those darn kids crack me up.

Spiderj

[edit on 1/24/2006 by Spiderj]

Spider, thanks for being the first to substantiate my claim of Shenanigans!!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Edit - the amount of effort people are going through, to check a name, or to research each lead is incredible, even when they know better. Which reminds me, how is the thread summary coming along?

[edit on 25-1-2006 by KDX175DUEX]

A team of very open-minded and thoughtful individuals are working on the Serpo summary. It isn't just an ATS thread summary, we have to tie the Serpo.org info in as well. It is a detailed and challenging process. My goal is to get the info to Skeptic Overlord by next Monday. I'm sure he will need to format it into something that works for this forum. We are hoping it will be a useful tool.

PS - not sure what you mean by "even when they know better"? What I 'know' at this moment is that I'm keeping an open mind about everything until it is proven true, or proven false.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I guess, I meant .... we should all know better than to waste too much of our own time on this.

But, then again if its fun its not a waste... so have fun.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Wow... talk about a few days to be away from the computer! The following is my impression of today's entry. Sorry if I'm repeating something that's already been said (I read through the last dozen pages or so of posts but I'm sure I missed something):

1.The spelling/writing errors in the message:
Within the context of this story, today's post (like the one before it) seems to be a first hand, hand-written account. I do not believe that this was a formal narrative. Instead it seems to almost be a 'writing as it happens' type document. My guess is that the team leader was told to write everything down as it occured as a sort of running log. It also may be a transcript that was based on a (later) hypnotic session.

2.Breaks in narrative:
It sounds like the crew is extremely disoriented in space. The glass bowls they sit in may be similar to a suspended animation system (as seen in movies like 2001: A Space Odyssey). Note how the narrator didn't quite remember, upon waking, the order of events that led up to their 'hibernation'. This might also explain why he's writing everything down as it's happening: His memory is becoming fragmented on the ship.

3.Landing site:
Why is an advanced, possibly aircraft carrier (or larger) ship landing on a dirt field? I expected a complex landing pad/base. After all... the Ebens certainly didn't build the ship out in the open. I think that this might indicate that the ship landed at a site that was specifically prepared for the humans (the alien version of Area 51?).

4.Hut houses?
At first it seems illogical for a space-faring race to be living in simple huts... but it should also be remembered that a lot of human architecture is driven by artistic impulses. A simple hut is all that is often needed... and our 'modern' homes are, to a certain extent, status symbols and small-scale works of art. The Eben 'huts' may be all they really need... and they may never have thought to upgrade them.

5.Consistencies:
The female Eben mourns in the same manner that the other Ebens mentioned earlier do.

6.Veils?
Why do the female Ebens wear veils? Veils were developed on earth to cover up long hair. Do Eben females have hair?

7.Eben leader.
Note how he is taller than the other Ebens, much like the alien 'leader' in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

8.308 is dead
That should become a popular slogan! 308 appears to be the member who wasn't mentioned before. I'm glad I put together that list of crew members (so far it seems to have been accurate).

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiS2000
Spider, thanks for being the first to substantiate my claim of Shenanigans!!

No problemo, I would never knowingly steal someone elses shenanigans thunder.

Serpoj

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
alrite as a avid UFO researcher , and i admit i am convinced aliens exist due to several reasons of which ive listed before

ill go ahead and say my opinion of all of this

i think its bunk, it just doesnt look right to me

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The mid to late 1960’s seem to have been an interesting time. The Serpo exchange event (1965-1978) was occurring and in July of 1968 hearings were being held on Unidentified Flying Objects, held by the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Science and Astronautics.
www.project1947.com...

And it now seems there were two different types of interactions taking place concerning extraterrestrial visitors and the human species. One amicable and the other not amicable.

As everyone here at ATS who has been following the Serpo story knows, overall the interaction with the Ebens was a pleasant experience, however according to the person using the alias "Hawk", there was a faction of the ET's that were not friendly, or perhaps we made them that way.

To read the information released so far concerning Hawks story just click the link below:
earthfiles.com...

Hawks story is that ET vehicles were fired upon by U.S. military and then returned fire and over a period of time more hostile interactions occurred. Another revelation is that the version of Blue Book that was public was a cover for the "real" Blue Book Project. There is much more to his story with more to be released next week.

The name Richard Doty is mentioned in the article concerning Hawks story. Hawks information was discussed in the 2005 book Exempt from Disclosure written by Wright-Patterson scientist Robert Collins and Richard C. Doty, this recent account of Hawks story is from UFO investigator, Bruce Maccabee, and his discussions with Hawk.

I found Hawks story and the dates of the story and how the dates relate to the Serpo story interesting, if one reads Hawks story and puts credence in his tale, It is hard to not speculate that the 1968 hearing was about the alien/UFO threat, yet in the same time period, if we put credence in the Serpo tale, we were involved in an exchange program with beings from another world.

It is very hard to say what connects to what in the research of either of these stories, what seems like one thing could be something totally different, what seems different could be the same. About the only thing that could be considered certain is it is all very interesting.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Regarding the debate as to whether the journal is written or dictated….

What if Anon is typing the journal entries off something like an audio tape which was previously used while interviewing an original member of the expedition?

If you were recalling something like the expedition it might go something like this :

“…so, we walk down a long corridor for about 20 minutes and come to a room with glass pods in it. We are told by EBE1 to get in the pods…….I fall asleep.

I wake up and am dizzy. I write in my journal. I do not know what day it is, neither am I sure of the time…I climbed out of my bowl….”

You see, someone recalling this could speak in the present tense and sometimes mix it with past tense. This could explain that Anon is transcribing an interview from a audio tape. Who knows when the tape was made, it may have been part of the debriefing made when the team returned to Earth. Anon may have limited access to audio tapes, and may explain the gap between posts as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapman
Interesting reading. However these are not real events that are being described although the document they come from is real. I saw this information in 69 or 70 in Whitehall. Originally it was a CIA document authored by a lady named Alice Bradley Sheldon. It's main purpose if you will parden the phrase was to "scare the crap out of the Soviets" in response to them scaring the crap out of us. In the 60s during the warmer part of the cold war the KGB successfully led the US government to believe that a number of nucleur devices had been concealed in disused mines and caves close to four large American cities. These bombs could be detonated by sleeper agents at any time Moscow wished. It was not completely disproved that this was fake until 1990.

The Serpo report was part of the CIAs reposte to this and an attempt to trump the Soviets. Its aim was to make them believe that we had acquired lethal extraterrestrial energy devices and that we had a cosy freindship with these all powerfull EBENs who would be very unhappy if Moscow attempted to harm the United States in any way. To a degree I believe this effort was effective to begin with. However it came unstuck when the CIA tried to overreach the information by adding photographs and also trying to spook allies such as ourselves who were better equipped to analyse the information and bugged to the hilt by the KGB.

Why this information is being released again now I do not know. Possibly in the past the DIA could have been fooled by the CIA into believing that Serpo was a real event and the annonymous source may genuinley want to release this information. Alternatively the DIA may have got it direct from the KGB most likely with a few choice modifications added by them.

I'm sorry to have to pour cold water upon your entertainment or maybe I have only added fuel to your fire

Hello Chapman (Pincher?)

Intelligence agencies are staffed by people and no one is above being fooled, even the US DIA. I guess this Serpo episode could be a side-effect of the lack of co-operation and compartmentalisation.

A few questions spring to mind. Firstly, if this disinfo had served its purpose decades ago, what would be the rationale for putting it into the public domain now "with modifications"?

Interesting that you mention that Whitehall had this doc back in the 1969/70. What are the chances it would be released now using UK FOIA?

Ok so what I am reading is classic geopolitical oneupmanship - "look who we are friends with". The widely-circulated rumours of treaties with alien races are possibly more of the same? I must say that I do think that the many tales about backengineering successes of craft and energy devices could be more posturing aimed at international rivals.

Would appreciate hearing your views on this.

regards
Rich M

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02
Wow, after reading that posting with the numbering system used for identification of team members, I just had a flashback of a Tom Clancy novel I read once...wish I could remember which it was...but he was discussing Clandestine messages passed between spies and their agencies, and they were formed in such a way that anyone reading the message, not aware of the codewords or numbers would not be able to discern the true meaning...

Is it possible that someone from inside the DIA or one of the intelligence agencies is trying to release real disclosure information in the form of this story - to someone inside the UFO Research circles who probably might understand the codewords and phrases...while no one else would?

Each release of information is a message to someone - and only that person knows what the numbers are and what the words mean. This would explain why he has asked Bill to keep every single sentence and mis-spelling intact. If you change any of the misspellings, as Victor might have mistakenly done - you mess up the message...

I'm just shooting from the hip here, but I think there may be an underlying message to each release of information - some real intelligence hidden inside the story. The story might be set up to convince any government officials checking out this site to decide that this is just another hoax - while in reality, someone from inside the intelligence community is leaking real information in the form of this sensational story that no one would believe anyway...

The only question is - who are the messages meant for and what are the messages really saying...

Think about it, on the surface this stuff is juvenile, poorly written, definitely non-military terminology... But maybe underlying all of this are codewords and numbers. Those numbers identifying each team member really look like a code system to me - meant to portray information to a certain person or group of people...

If this is true, if only there was some way to decode the true messages...

-rdube02

[edit on 25-1-2006 by rdube02]

I agree rdube02 this could be the key. Why would anybody who takes that long to make another post have so many errors in their work?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichyM
Ok so what I am reading is classic geopolitical oneupmanship - "look who we are friends with". The widely-circulated rumours of treaties with alien races are possibly more of the same? I must say that I do think that the many tales about backengineering successes of craft and energy devices could be more posturing aimed at international rivals.

Would appreciate hearing your views on this.

regards
Rich M

Wow...more and more people posting on here are starting to sound like government/intel employees. This is getting freaky.

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScaRZ

I agree rdube02 this could be the key. Why would anybody who takes that long to make another post have so many errors in their work?

Thanks...I'm busy until the end of the week working on the summary with the team, but on the weekend I'm going to start programming some scripts and experiment with this lead. Planning on checking out that book "codes" that was recommended earlier. If anyone reading this has any kind of past experience with breaking codes - civilian or military experience, I could use some help trying to identify patterns in the text...or some suggestions on various algorythms to run the text through... Maybe some that might have been used during 1950's through the 60's even...

Thanks,
-rdube02

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Regarding the missing crew member 308!

If this crew member was a female as has been summized, then I do think it very odd that the team Skipper didn't notice that one of the only two earthling females on board the space craft was missing. Think about it, you have 10 healthy males going off to god knows where for ten years with only 2 earthling females! I could understand if it was one of the 10 males that was missing, but a female? I don't know about you, but I would have certainly noticed that one of the 2 females was missing! I mean geez, I know where every available female is within 10 miles of where I am now.
How space sick does one have to be to forget about women? Down at the Rusty Pelican we have a saying that, 'You can't live with'em and you can't live without'em!' Going off to Serpo for ten years would definitely put a strain on the ole love life! 899 to 203, "Damn your looking good!" Heres a question to ponder, how many beers does it take before Eben females start to look good? As my friend Wayne says, "Go ugly early!"

[edit on 26-1-2006 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... (second post)

Originally posted by chapman
Interesting reading. However these are not real events that are being described although the document they come from is real. I saw this information in 69 or 70 in Whitehall. Originally it was a CIA document authored by a lady named Alice Bradley Sheldon. It's main purpose if you will parden the phrase was to "scare the crap out of the Soviets" in response to them scaring the crap out of us. In the 60s during the warmer part of the cold war the KGB successfully led the US government to believe that a number of nucleur devices had been concealed in disused mines and caves close to four large American cities. These bombs could be detonated by sleeper agents at any time Moscow wished. It was not completely disproved that this was fake until 1990.

The Serpo report was part of the CIAs reposte to this and an attempt to trump the Soviets. Its aim was to make them believe that we had acquired lethal extraterrestrial energy devices and that we had a cosy freindship with these all powerfull EBENs who would be very unhappy if Moscow attempted to harm the United States in any way. To a degree I believe this effort was effective to begin with. However it came unstuck when the CIA tried to overreach the information by adding photographs and also trying to spook allies such as ourselves who were better equipped to analyse the information and bugged to the hilt by the KGB.

Why this information is being released again now I do not know. Possibly in the past the DIA could have been fooled by the CIA into believing that Serpo was a real event and the annonymous source may genuinley want to release this information. Alternatively the DIA may have got it direct from the KGB most likely with a few choice modifications added by them.

I'm sorry to have to pour cold water upon your entertainment or maybe I have only added fuel to your fire

Sorry for coming in late on this one kids, I was busy yesterday and couldn't stay on top of this thread.

Has this story been confirmed yet?

Is anyone working on digging deeper into this?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Sorry for coming in late on this one kids, I was busy yesterday and couldn't stay on top of this thread.

Has this story been confirmed yet?

Is anyone working on digging deeper into this?

Hi SO, guys,

RichyM has shed some light on who Chapman may be; if his hunch is correct then it's Chapman Pincher, a Whitehall/Defence correspondant of that time. I am still digging, but I have found out that he was staunchly anti-communist and a prolific writer of both nonfiction and fiction books of which many deal with espionage and counter-espionage pertinent to the day; Cold War, Nuclear programmes etc.

He was born in 1914 and as far as I know is still a master of the pen, so it's a strong possibilty that Chapman is who he claims to be.

But, one more question arises; who is RichyM?? More questions than answers I'm afraid. I'll keep you posted should anything of interest arise.

Best Wishes

J

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
chapman is an odd addition to the mix here. signs up, posts once and vanishes. If you read thru the relatively well written comments, it certainly does sound like it might be legit with one minor thing in the writing that bugged me.

1. chapman uses the word cosy instead of cozy. they mean the same thing but here in the states we use cozy. I doubt if a us born and raised individual would be using that spelling.

another thing that bugged me but not as much was his use of the word reposte. I'm sure he meant riposte but, again, it seems so"unamerican" to use a fencing term. if you change the word to response and you use cozy instead of cosy the whole thing sounds more americanized.

not much but it bugged me

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
1. chapman uses the word cosy instead of cozy. they mean the same thing but here in the states we use cozy. I doubt if a us born and raised individual would be using that spelling.

The member registered with a UK-based email account. That would explain it.

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join