It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here is a list of books that Alice Brady Shelton has written. I'll be checking these books out as soon as I can find them.

James Tiptree Jr (pseudonym for Alice Bradley Sheldon, 1915-1987, aka (?)Racoona Sheldon) ----

* Up the Walls of the World, sf 1978, Part being, part machine, the Star Destroyer was cutting a "firepath" across the galaxy. The Tyree filers prepared for a desparate mind-transfer. On Earth, a group of ESP "sensitives" suffer the mindstorm.
* Brightness Falls from the Air, sf 1985, Sixteen humans have come to Damiem to view the last rising of a manmade nova, the light of the Murdered Star.

Other

* The Starry Rift (1986) (3 stories loosely linked together: "The Only Neat Thing To Do", "Good Night, Sweethearts", and "Collision")

Collections

* Ten Thousand Light-Years From Home (1973)
* Warm Worlds and Otherwise (1975)
* Star Songs Of An Old Primate (1978)
* Out Of The Everywhere, And Other Extraordinary Visions (1981)
* Out of the Everywhere (1981)
* Byte Beautiful: 8 Science Fiction Stories (1985)
* Tales of the Quintana Roo (1986)
* Crown of Stars (1988)
* Her Smoke Rose Up Forever (1990)
* Neat Sheets: The Poetry of James Tiptree, Jr. (1996)

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucianarchy

Originally posted by Mikes2005
If the whole of Project Serpo was created to frighten the soviets and trump thier hidden nuclear bombs would it not have more references to the exchange of the Eben energy device? And why go to all the trouble of creating a fictional exchange to a planet when the aliens could simply bring the devices to earth. Seems like overkill to me. But I'm keeping an open mind on it if you are right as we get more information we should see more references to an exchange and the power of the device.

it is a logical strategical deployment in terms of national security/defence. as long as the military/intell are seen to be those who maintain / exploit 'contact' with advanced science / technology, in whatever field ( see cia's involvement in the saic/air sponsorship of 'weird #' in the 70's / raf bentwaters, charles halt and other public 'information' program), they will always have the 'x-bluff' advantage over any foreign power. in effect, it keeps the 'enemy' in a state of insecurity / confusion.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by lucianarchy]

the 'enemy' includes joe public ...

[edit on 25-1-2006 by lucianarchy]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
No, no, no, it's got to be Bruce Campbell be the Team Leader..I do see him carrying a tape recorder with him and journaling what's he's experiencing....but we could have Richard Dreyfus play an elder Eben..

Everyone on ATSNN is welcome to play the village/city of the Ebens.

After all, it takes a village of ATSNN to make things come true...or is that fictional? Or is that the other way?

We do need a good actor to play the Team Leader(Tom Hanks could due
Forrest Gump again)

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi

Why would Anon, if chapman is Anon, want to all of a sudden debunk his whole story? That makes no sense!! Please relate!!

EH?...

I'm going crazy read wrong post, sorry chapman,

goes back to my bowl, shuts lid, 3-2-1 ejects into space, aaaaaaargh

this thread is driving me nuts

thanks Jeddyhi

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
interestingly, i heard that victor made a post on the 'list' a few hours BEFORE bill disclosed the latest from anon.

all it said was "BIG TIME HOAX: WHAT ELSE HAVE WE BEEN HOAXED ABOUT RECENTLY?! it came with an attachment, which i believe contained an old hoax which was first staged in the mid 50's.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanctum1972
No, no, no, it's got to be Bruce Campbell be the Team Leader..

I love that guy.

He looked to the female Eben next to him and said, "Give me some sugar baby".

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I strongly believe that Mr. Ryan has been fooled with the last post from Mr. anonymous.

Anonymous perfectly knew what he'd promised to us and he didn't mention anything about it. He could have said something and instead of that he only sent a journal, which could be easely written by everyone.

and I also agree with WHOFLUNGGUM. Alot that has been written in his last journal looks to what there has been discussed here. Is there maybe some member from ATS who did this?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
No way I'm reading all 109 pages but...when we say the "list," are we referring to the Serpo.org site or is there a "List" message board like ATS?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
I strongly believe that Mr. Ryan has been fooled with the last post from Mr. anonymous.

Anonymous perfectly knew what he'd promised to us and he didn't mention anything about it. He could have said something and instead of that he only sent a journal, which could be easely written by everyone.

and I also agree with WHOFLUNGGUM. Alot that has been written in his last journal looks to what there has been discussed here. Is there maybe some member from ATS who did this?

Mr. Ryan is absolutely positive that the update is from the actual "Anonymous". He has stated this in a previous post. I think that would rule out an ATS member forging an update.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
O.K. let's all take a step back and breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Feel better?

Everything in this story is conjecture. Nothing, absolutely nothing can be verified. We have consistencies between stories, but no verifiable proof. But, yet, we have all the pleasure of entertaining oursleves with the "what if" and endless links trying to prove something that we will never have the ability to prove. That detail belongs to anon (whomever this is) alone.

I wholeheartedly agree that this is perhaps another test to guage public reaction. Does a story like this still have an impact after 30+ years? How far will the public go in trying to gather information on this to prove its existence? How long will it take them to prove it one way or another?

This is a fanciful story that has many, many holes. But why do we feel the need to try and plug these holes? Because we want to believe it is real?

My friends, take a step back and think with a cool head. Why now? Why at all?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

from dondep

Here is the last word from Dan Burisch in response to my question as to what the true specific purpose was behind the SERPO hoax:

From everything I have heard, it carried a dual purpose, for the derailing of disclosure-

1. Readying a disinformation campaign in an effort to counter real information once provided. This case was a rehearsal stage effort to gauge the response of the target population to official sounding information.

2. Dragging as many of the UFO community as possible into the effort, to both align them with the disinformation as well as offer them the possibility of humiliation once the information was found to be false. This has two effects in itself- (a) once aligned, they became attached to an official set of rules, and (b) once humiliated, it reduces the likelihood of their ever attaching to a real disclosure.

thought I would share that here...

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Alpha Grey]

You know what? If this was designed exactly to do this to us and make fools out ATSNN and ruin the UFO community, we do have the power to "kill" this thread now and prevent them from trying again and we can construct a set of strict regulations in the future in case someone tries to pull an 'anonymous' story again.
In other words, if any federal agent gets the cute idea of going 'anon', they must sacrifice something to prove it and commit to their disclosure and provide background information.
For instance, every soldier is trained, in case of capture or torture via the enemy, to reveal their name, rank and serial number...how hard is that if anon is supposedly part of the government?
To Anon, if you are government, you don't have to reveal the name, but your rank and serial number would suffice.
From there, ATSNN, once the ID is made, we can say, "Sure, we'll protect your identity since we know who you really are and not some other con trying to use your ID to fool us or the community". It's a catch-22, I think.
And so, I believe it's something ATSNN should consider the next time we receive revelations/disclosures like these.
It's like trying to walk into an editor's office and say, "Here's my story, publish it!". They're going to say, "Who the hell are you? Did you make an appointment here? I've never heard of you. Do you have credentials of your work? Ever been published? You should wait until next month when my schedule clears, so call for an appointment and make sure the manuscript is in good form".
Think about it.
It's very likely whoever is making Serpo postings on that website is siphoning off our boards. The way to prevent it this is to kill this thread asap. But others are welcome to U2U me about other stuff or future publishing/film projects.

Cheers..

Sanctum

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
No way I'm reading all 109 pages but...when we say the "list," are we referring to the Serpo.org site or is there a "List" message board like ATS?

The list is refering to a group of people, some from the field of Ufology, that the original material about Serpo was sent to. Also know as Victor's list. Anon would send info to Victor and Victor would send to his list. With this latest update, apparently Victor has been left out of the loop and the info went straight to Bill Ryan. I hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikes2005
just wanted to throw an idea into the pot that might explain the problem with the dead crew member. As the Team doctors could not examine the team member 308 and the Ebe referred to the member as "Not living" perhaps this was a mistranslation and the team member did become ill and was placed in suspended animation (for possible treatment on Serpo).

I think pneumonia fits right in. Its contagious, and 308 could have brought it with him from earth. It may have been slowly developing inside him throughout the journey. The two doctors did say 'he looked dead' too.

Originally posted by Fred_S
Lets all get together at ATS and Make a movie about Serpo

Then we will see who tries to sue us

I would like to play one of the Ebens.

Others parts are up for grabs.No pushing ,First ones get there chioce.

Lots of openings for Ebens we could have thousands of them in our Movie

I'd like to play the Supreme Mating EBE #1! Any hot women wanna play EBE's?

Originally posted by Hal9000
Is it me, or does this last post and Anon’s posts look like it is written by the same author? I mentioned earlier how I thought the pattern was the same in the journals as the posts by Anon.

Notice Anon says 'entitys' most of the time and the last poster says 'EBE's' all the time.

On top of that, I believe they were trained in how to write most info down in the shortest way, and thereby have almost the same writing way.

Originally posted by chapman
Interesting reading. However these are not real events that are being described although the document they come from is real. I saw this information in 69 or 70 in Whitehall.

However it came unstuck when the CIA tried to overreach the information by adding photographs and also trying to spook allies such as ourselves who were better equipped to analyse the information and bugged to the hilt by the KGB.

Does this mean that you have also seen the photographs? If yes, plz describe them. In that way we will know soon if you are a reliable source or not!

...If the pictures do appear that is!

Originally posted by Cutwolf

Bill Ryan has some secret Serpo mailing-list in which he gathers this info released on the website. (If im not mistaken)

[edit on 25/1/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The list is refering to a group of people, some from the field of Ufology, that the original material about Serpo was sent to. Also know as Victor's list. Anon would send info to Victor and Victor would send to his list. With this latest update, apparently Victor has been left out of the loop and the info went straight to Bill Ryan. I hope that helps.

Well, doesn't that seem to indicate that this latest update (the journal entry) is faked? Isn't it very possible that someone thought they could grab some 10 minutes of fame (or derail the "investigation") and faked this last one?

"Anon" wants us to believe him - why would he completely change the way he disseminates the information? He's obviously intelligent - hoax or not - and knows that this would raise questions and doubts.

The first 11 are real (well, at least sent by the "right" people; who knows if its a hoax or not?); this latest one seems like a fake. It doesn't make sense to change his method of distribution.

Is Victor's contact information public? If not, that could be why this posting was sent directly to Bill by a hoaxer.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rai76

Why do I feel like I'm back in college again - you make a statement and then people start repeating the same statement.

PLEASE read this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I beg everyone - don't provide any more ammunition by analyzing the story anymore, whoever is creating or posting this story is creating it on-the-fly and using information we are providing in this very forum.

Bill - again, if you trust that the email is truly from THE Anonymous - please share your method of securely verifying that it is from him and not one of us.

Sadly - I love the story, but I'm beginning to smell a rat. SkepticOverlord's dis-info theory is looking more and more plausible each day...

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Originally posted by Sanctum1972
No, no, no, it's got to be Bruce Campbell be the Team Leader..

I love that guy.

He looked to the female Eben next to him and said, "Give me some sugar baby".

That's right..he was supposed to show up at a convention in Cleveland last year at my last residence since I did some storyboards and flyer designers for a local indie film-maker and Campbell cancelled..much to our dismay..but still I love his work..him as Autolycus on the Hercules tv series..cracked me up.

But say "Give me some sugar baby"..lol..or "Want some of that bubba ho tep?".
Female Eben shakes her head in confusion...

this project needs to have Bruce in it...seriously..
I can imagine Bruce walking up to the spaceship in CE3K, sideburns and jumpsuit w/ shades and carry a cart full of Mcdonald's..with a bunch of EBEs/Greys/Ebens, etc..crowding around him, hands up in the air...
"Hey, hey! First dibs on those in front of the line! You! Don't pinch my ass, behave yourself! Okay, okay..gots some McD's for you all..one bag at a time...see...good burgers...good fries! Ronald McDonald loves you all!"....
I'm so inspired to do this..

lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Also, the sending of mail to Bill Ryan directly goes against what I thought was the established protocol. (anon ---> victor ---> bill)

This absolutely makes no sense.

Futhermore, if this went against the established protocol, then why did Bill Ryan feel the need to publish it? Because he got the super-secret code and knew it must be from anon. And which one (the 85%, 13% or 2%)?

I'm not ready to shoot the messenger, but explanations are in order.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is the truth..why is it so difficult for all of you to listen?
Chapman sounds to me like a credible souce. More so than all of the postings from Anon.
I lived in the sixties and remember the cold war very well.
Chapman registered yesterday but he apparently knows much more than he is saying but he is basically telling it all in this one post. THE TRUTH!

Originally posted by chapman
Interesting reading. However these are not real events that are being described although the document they come from is real. I saw this information in 69 or 70 in Whitehall. Originally it was a CIA document authored by a lady named Alice Bradley Sheldon. It's main purpose if you will parden the phrase was to "scare the crap out of the Soviets" in response to them scaring the crap out of us. In the 60s during the warmer part of the cold war the KGB successfully led the US government to believe that a number of nucleur devices had been concealed in disused mines and caves close to four large American cities. These bombs could be detonated by sleeper agents at any time Moscow wished. It was not completely disproved that this was fake until 1990.

The Serpo report was part of the CIAs reposte to this and an attempt to trump the Soviets. Its aim was to make them believe that we had acquired lethal extraterrestrial energy devices and that we had a cosy freindship with these all powerfull EBENs who would be very unhappy if Moscow attempted to harm the United States in any way. To a degree I believe this effort was effective to begin with. However it came unstuck when the CIA tried to overreach the information by adding photographs and also trying to spook allies such as ourselves who were better equipped to analyse the information and bugged to the hilt by the KGB.

Why this information is being released again now I do not know. Possibly in the past the DIA could have been fooled by the CIA into believing that Serpo was a real event and the annonymous source may genuinley want to release this information. Alternatively the DIA may have got it direct from the KGB most likely with a few choice modifications added by them.

I'm sorry to have to pour cold water upon your entertainment or maybe I have only added fuel to your fire

[edit on 25-1-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Also, the sending of mail to Bill Ryan directly goes against what I thought was the established protocol. (anon ---> victor ---> bill)

Futhermore, if this went against the established protocol, then why did Bill Ryan feel the need to publish it? Because he got the super-secret code and knew it must be from anon. And which one (the 85%, 13% or 2%)?

I agree. I posted the same thing a few posts before yours.

This is the truth..why is it so difficult for all of you to listen?
Chapman sounds to me like a credible souce. More so that all of the postings from Anon.
I lived in the sixties and remember the cold war very well.

Color me naive, but I'm not ready to call it quits on a 109 page thread and something very interesting because some guy who registered yesterday said it's fake.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Absolutely - I second...er...third the motion. We need an explanation of how Bill knows without a doubt this is from Anon. Secret code? Secret handshake? Coming from a particular IP address? We need something...

-rdube02

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join