It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucianarchy
bill, have you posted this update to the original list yet?

any reaction from the 'list'?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Interesting reading. However these are not real events that are being described although the document they come from is real. I saw this information in 69 or 70 in Whitehall. Originally it was a CIA document authored by a lady named Alice Bradley Sheldon. It's main purpose if you will parden the phrase was to "scare the crap out of the Soviets" in response to them scaring the crap out of us. In the 60s during the warmer part of the cold war the KGB successfully led the US government to believe that a number of nucleur devices had been concealed in disused mines and caves close to four large American cities. These bombs could be detonated by sleeper agents at any time Moscow wished. It was not completely disproved that this was fake until 1990.

The Serpo report was part of the CIAs reposte to this and an attempt to trump the Soviets. Its aim was to make them believe that we had acquired lethal extraterrestrial energy devices and that we had a cosy freindship with these all powerfull EBENs who would be very unhappy if Moscow attempted to harm the United States in any way. To a degree I believe this effort was effective to begin with. However it came unstuck when the CIA tried to overreach the information by adding photographs and also trying to spook allies such as ourselves who were better equipped to analyse the information and bugged to the hilt by the KGB.

Why this information is being released again now I do not know. Possibly in the past the DIA could have been fooled by the CIA into believing that Serpo was a real event and the annonymous source may genuinley want to release this information. Alternatively the DIA may have got it direct from the KGB most likely with a few choice modifications added by them.

I'm sorry to have to pour cold water upon your entertainment or maybe I have only added fuel to your fire

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well folks I think this show is over.

Its time to have a funeral for this story and put it to rest

I think I'm done hear.Its been fun while it lasted

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Chapman are you Anom?

You seem to know alot about this

I noticed you registered on 1-24-06 with ATS hum

Is Anom finally coming clean (double hum)

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Just want to say thanks to Bill Ryan for posting this new update.

And, of course, if you ever read this, thank you Mr Anonymous. Thank you for disclosing the truth, for the good of mankind.

All the Best,
Musclor

Respecto meter slips, Its not the TRUTH! its speculation..... wow!
ppl are going crazy.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapman
Interesting reading. However these are not real events that are being described although the document they come from is real. I saw this information in 69 or 70 in Whitehall. Originally it was a CIA document authored by a lady named Alice Bradley Sheldon. It's main purpose if you will parden the phrase was to "scare the crap out of the Soviets" in response to them scaring the crap out of us. In the 60s during the warmer part of the cold war the KGB successfully led the US government to believe that a number of nucleur devices had been concealed in disused mines and caves close to four large American cities. These bombs could be detonated by sleeper agents at any time Moscow wished. It was not completely disproved that this was fake until 1990.

Interesting post. Do you have anything you can back this up with, i.e. your background, corroborating info, etc.?

For those who don't know who Alice Bradley Sheldon / James Tiptree Jr. was, here's some info:

www.us.imdb.com...

www.starhaven1.net...

I'm sorry to have to pour cold water upon your entertainment or maybe I have only added fuel to your fire

Fuel, definitely fuel

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScaRZ
I think if the truth jumped up and bit us on the ass we still wouldn't believe it. No matter how many pictures are seen or thousands of written words are posted most will find away to try and discredit them. If the powers that be have a reason now to release this to the public, then we must ask ourselves........What purpose does it serve for them and what do they gain from it?

Well a solid declassified document supporting that the project existed would be nice. If the powers that be cannot provide this, then is it credible?

Originally posted by Crakeur
I'm confused. Aren't the two posts suuposed to have come fromt he same person?

The first post is from Anon himself, and the second post is copied from the exchange team leader's journal. They are supposed to be two different people.

Interesting reading. However these are not real events that are being described although the document they come from is real. I saw this information in 69 or 70 in Whitehall.

*snip*

What we want is the truth. Can you back this up with evidence? Or give a name of a document to request?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
one thing is for sure:

the 'serpo texts' are designed to be taken no further than the readership it is intended for.

think about it...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If the whole of Project Serpo was created to frighten the soviets and trump thier hidden nuclear bombs would it not have more references to the exchange of the Eben energy device? And why go to all the trouble of creating a fictional exchange to a planet when the aliens could simply bring the devices to earth. Seems like overkill to me. But I'm keeping an open mind on it if you are right as we get more information we should see more references to an exchange and the power of the device.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
my friend, please utu me here or email me at lucianarchy@yahoo.com , i can help you out. lord mountbatten is on your side. if you know that, please get in touch.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by lucianarchy]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The Serpo report was part of the CIAs reposte to this and an attempt to trump the Soviets. Its aim was to make them believe that we had acquired lethal extraterrestrial energy devices and that we had a cosy freindship with these all powerfull EBENs who would be very unhappy if Moscow attempted to harm the United States in any way. To a degree I believe this effort was effective to begin with. However it came unstuck when the CIA tried to overreach the information by adding photographs and also trying to spook allies such as ourselves who were better equipped to analyse the information and bugged to the hilt by the KGB.

Why this information is being released again now I do not know. Possibly in the past the DIA could have been fooled by the CIA into believing that Serpo was a real event and the annonymous source may genuinley want to release this information. Alternatively the DIA may have got it direct from the KGB most likely with a few choice modifications added by them.

Who are you? Do you have anything to back up this? Not saying I don't believe you, but as far as I need proof about the whole Serpo project, I also need proof for your story!!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fred_S
Chapman are you Anom?

chap and man words i use when i dont know there name, eg
how are you my old chap! - hows it going man!
both terms used for unknown name of a person.

You do seem to be up to date chapman, can you explain further?
just to quench this incredible skeptable thurst

all the best (checks my wristwatch).. ian

[edit on 1/25/2006 by iamian]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikes2005
If the whole of Project Serpo was created to frighten the soviets and trump thier hidden nuclear bombs would it not have more references to the exchange of the Eben energy device? And why go to all the trouble of creating a fictional exchange to a planet when the aliens could simply bring the devices to earth. Seems like overkill to me. But I'm keeping an open mind on it if you are right as we get more information we should see more references to an exchange and the power of the device.

it is a logical strategical deployment in terms of national security/defence. as long as the military/intell are seen to be those who maintain / exploit 'contact' with advanced science / technology, in whatever field ( see cia's involvement in the saic/air sponsorship of 'weird #' in the 70's / raf bentwaters, charles halt and other public 'information' program), they will always have the 'x-bluff' advantage over any foreign power. in effect, it keeps the 'enemy' in a state of insecurity / confusion.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I've lurked, read, and enjoyed. Finally, I have something to say and it's about time...

I keep seeing confusion as to why the Team had trouble with their time pieces and there's a few things I'd like to enter into the discussion. First, tracking time in space, and on other planets, is indeed a real issue that NASA has had to deal with before.

They said it couldn't be done. But in the sleepy little town of Montrose, California, nestled in the hills surrounding JPL, master watchmaker Garo Anserlian of Executive Jewelers is perfecting a timepiece for hundreds of Earthlings bound to Mars' irregular day. Past the glass cases of what looks like an ordinary jewelry store is a workshop where watches are losing 39 minutes a day.

NASA Mars Spirit: Watchmaker With Time to Lose

Evidently this was the first time there had been an attempt to create a mechanical watch that tracks the time of a non-Earth day... and if you read the article, it wasn't easy.

From what I understand, a purely mechanical time piece has to be used because an "automatic" watch relies on gravity to wind itself (hence an automatic wrist watch that moves with your arm is more accurate than an automatic pocket watch that stays in one place.) I assume Quartz watches should be ruled out since the first one was invented in 1970. Additionally, I believe there would be many issues dealing with an electronic digital watch on a trip like this even if they did exist at the time.

So, getting a mechanical watch to work on the rotation of an alien world is possible, but not the no-brainer some people are suggesting.

The second issue is why even worry about getting the time pieces to work on Serpo time? Why not just take a mechanical watch and keep Earth time while you're there. Well, there are problems with that too, and none of them are mystical "physics don't apply" problems. In the 1960s NASA tasked the watchmakers of the world to come up with the watch that the astronauts would use. They devised tests for the finalists, and none of them passed. The winner was the Omega Speedmaster Professional worn by Edward White in the first space American space walk on June 3, 1965 during the Gemini 4 mission.

In 1965 NASA purchased five reputable chronographs (one of which was the Speedmaster) from several jewellery stores in Houston. NASA then proceeded to abuse the watches with tests of extreme environmental conditions. Their aim was to determine if a suitable watch was available for their Space Program. The final three contenders for the "Official" NASA chronograph were a Rolex, Longines Wittnauer and the Omega. The reasons for the Rolex's departure were that it stopped running on two occasions during the Relative Humidity Tests and subsequently failed during the High Temperature Test when the sweep hand warped and was binding against the other hands on the dial. No other tests were run with the Rolex Chronograph. As for the Longines Wittnauer: "The crystal warped and disengaged during the High Temperature Test. The same discrepancy occurred on a second Longines Wittnauer during the Decompression Test. No further tests were run...." (Japanese Speedmaster Book).

Although its opponents were clearly unsuitable, the Omega didn't come out of the tests unscathed. The Speedmaster gained 21 minutes during the Decompression Tests and lost 15 minutes during the Acceleration Test. The luminescence on the dial was destroyed during testing, but despite these setbacks, it passed satisfactorily. Furthermore, NASA was going to modify the Omega with two changes: a) replace the bezel with a rotatable 24 hr bezel and b) add additional luminous markings to the elapsed time dials, but these changes didn't take place due to time constraints.

Omega Speedmaster Professional

So even the best watch NASA could find lost time and gained time during the decompression and accelleration tests. I have no idea what the time pieces the Team took with them might have gone through enroute from Earth to Serpo, but it seems likely that the best products that we had at the time, the ones approved for space exploration missions, were affected by a 37 light year trip! Are we to assume that the trip to Serpo was like a ocean cruise and the crew just sat around in plastic bubbles waiting for the "Please Fasten Seat Belts" sign to light up?

It was this portion of the last entry on the Serpo site that prompted me to finally post something:

Ebe1 then points to a bowl that is empty and says, earthman is not living. Ok, someone died. But who. My crew is walking around in a state of confusion. I can’t get anyone’s attention. They look like the living dead. What is wrong with them? I asked Ebe1, what is wrong with them. Ebe1 replied, space sick, but will not be sick soon.

It's obvious that the voyage took a toll, and we have no way of knowing what that was, and if the time pieces were indeed damaged, or became innaccurate. If so, then reseting them to Earth time would be difficult as there would be no point of reference, and configuring them to the Serpo days would've taken a master watchmaker.

Additional Sources:
The Moon Watch
The Official Website of Edward White

link   
I just read the latest Anon release and EVERYONE'S responding posts... I just want to mention something very quickly. If you read Anon's latest update - there was a LOT of material added that almost DIRECTLY responded to issues that we brought up right here on this forum. The one thing that hit me hard while I was reading it was that they decided to count days in 24 earth hour increments - that caught my eye because it was like a direct response to a posting I had made concerning the lack of "calendar keeping" but I said they could have used their watches to keep track of earth days every 24 hours.

As I read along, I noticed other issues people here have brought up were being "updated", or seeded, into the latest info. I'm going to try to go back and correlate these "fixes" and give examples of postings - as I believe there are a lot. We need to STOP analyzing the updates - because we're obviously helping with firming up future updates. It's pretty obvious to me, EVERYTHING we are saying here is being watched closely and then getting integrated into each new update! I can't be the only one who sees how obvious this is....??

Bill - I like you, I think you are a great person - you and I have exchanged U2U's and you have a fantastic personality, and I could see getting to know you better on a personal level. So I mean this with no disrespect to you in any way. However I'm very concerned that you've received this direct email from someone claiming to be anonymous - with updated information almost taken directly out of our postings here, but say that you KNOW you can trust this is actually Anonymous.

Have you traced the IP addresses in the email header? Is there a code word or phrase only you, he, and Victor know to identify eachother? How can you KNOW that it isn't one of the posters here deciding that they are just sick of waiting for a new posting - so they just sent you an email themselves with a posting of their own. There are a LOT of people reading this thread, and I'm sure many don't exactly have the best of intentions...

Could you at least tell us what METHOD you use to verify this is really Anon? You don't need to tell us WHO he is...but there's no reason you can't tell us HOW you know he is Anon. What method do you use to verify that it is him? You DO verify it is him before posting it on the website, don't you...???

Thanks...so much more to respond to...but don't want to create a long drawn out posting - ok, back to my little cubicle.

-rdube02

[edit on 25-1-2006 by rdube02]

link   
Sorry I'm back
Cant stay away

We need to read some of Alice Bradley Sheldon books and Compair
writting styles

Does anyone have a complete list of hear books.

Maybe I'll have to go to the libary this weekend

link   
I think too much is being made of the grammical errors and and the dead crew member. Firstly all one has too do to see my point is to simply review the posting by members of ATS right here on this thread and you will shutter at the spelling alone! Just because a person has degree's out the ying-yang doesn't mean they can correctly construct a sentence or spell!
Secondly, the latest log entry never says for a fact that the crew member is dead, only that they 'looked dead'! I work with some of the smartest tech savy people in the world and half of them look dead! Most of them could not write a journal entry any better. They are brilliant when it comes too computers but not always so when it comes to communication. Not because of lack of education but lack of patience! I can see anyone who's background is not that of a professional writer making such mistakes in a fly as you go journal entry. As far as the crew member, the Ebens surly had some kind of devices closely monitoring the 12. Once it was noted that one was in distress, then that member would have been removed and Isolated from the remaining crew for closer observation. This is normal medical behavior. Perhaps the crew member was only placed in some kind of ICU and the Eben did not know how to translate this to the crew leader. I for one will hold judgement until more info comes out. It is also possible that this little ditty was thrown in as disinfo to create confusion. Very interesting to say the least.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamian

Originally posted by Fred_S
Chapman are you Anom?

chap and man words i use when i dont know there name, eg
how are you my old chap! - hows it going man!
both terms used for unknown name of a person.

You do seem to be up to date chapman, can you explain further?
just to quench this incredible skeptable thurst

all the best (checks my wristwatch).. ian

[edit on 1/25/2006 by iamian]

Why would Anon, if chapman is Anon, want to all of a sudden debunk his whole story? That makes no sense!! Please relate!!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

from dondep

Here is the last word from Dan Burisch in response to my question as to what the true specific purpose was behind the SERPO hoax:

From everything I have heard, it carried a dual purpose, for the derailing of disclosure-

1. Readying a disinformation campaign in an effort to counter real information once provided. This case was a rehearsal stage effort to gauge the response of the target population to official sounding information.

2. Dragging as many of the UFO community as possible into the effort, to both align them with the disinformation as well as offer them the possibility of humiliation once the information was found to be false. This has two effects in itself- (a) once aligned, they became attached to an official set of rules, and (b) once humiliated, it reduces the likelihood of their ever attaching to a real disclosure.

thought I would share that here...

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Spider J,

Unfortunately in this kind of world, we do live through infringement lawsuits..look at NTP vs. RIM (Blackberry)..a shame. And I do know how difficult and cut-throat the publishing/entertainment industry can be like if you copyright video games, film, books, comics, etc...it gets expensive unless you know how to deal with it properly.
It's automatically copyrighted once it's created on paper..say you write a novel, it's copyrighted without the symbol unless you regsiter it with the Library of Congress for more proof and dating it that you did this piece of work. It doe'snt protect an idea, but rather the body of work.
The problem is this...on the Serpo website..I don't see a copyright symbol anywhere on it. But I think the intriquing question is...can a website be automatically copyrighted once it's FTP-ed and ready for the world to see? I believe so, unless there is permission to 'quote' it or base the story on that particular website's claims.
For instead, Da Vinci Code (I won't go there since I'm a Templar/Medievalist afficionado..and find it good entertainment but not truly a brilliant piece of work)...Dan Brown quoted or listed certain websites as sources for the novel, to my understanding.
We may not be able to steal it, nor would I advocate it, but to request permission as the appropriate course.

-Sanctum1972

from a legal standpoint I think you would find that if ATSNN decided to make a movie based on this you'd see a attornies for those who originated the story claiming copy right infringement.

Honestly, the montauk folks want you to think it's true and the titor people want you to think its true but if you wrote a script based on montauk or titor, sold it and got a big budget movie made you'd be sued because all of sudden theyd claim ownership rights...how can you own it well because you created it and if they can prove they created the fiction they get the money they also out themselves.

You got to love IP law.

If Someone is trying to pull a fast one and none of us are involved with their project (as far as I know) then we've got a real shell game on our hands and I don't think there is one person on this board who likes to be taken for a sucker.

And John, when I said I will be the first to say it, I was actually referring to being the first to say the word "shenanigans"...yes I watch too much south park...hence my edit when I saw chi had called shenanigans before me.

Those darn kids crack me up.

Spiderj

[edit on 1/24/2006 by Spiderj]

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join