It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

BBC: Muhammad cartoon row intensifies

Newspapers across Europe have reprinted caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad to show support for a Danish paper whose cartoons have sparked Muslim outrage.

France Soir, Germany's Die Welt, La Stampa in Italy El Periodico in Spain and Dutch paper Volkskrank

all carried some of the drawings.

Syria and Saudi Arabia have recalled their ambassadors to Denmark, while Libya said it was closing its embassy in Copenhagen and Iraq summoned the Danish envoy to condemn the cartoon

Now, I'm waiting patiently for sign of the Saudis burning their Mercedes and BMWs and Porsches en masse.......

.....and I'd keep my car garaged if I were living in a suburb of Paris....

UPDATE:

The managing editor of France Soir has been fired:

But late on Wednesday its owner, Raymond Lakah, said he had removed managing editor Jacques Lefranc "as a powerful sign of respect for the intimate beliefs and convictions of every individual".

Mr Lakah said: "We express our regrets to the Muslim community and all people who were shocked by the publication." source

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Whey is the islamis hate directed against Denmark????
Whey do the want a boycut????

It cant be the draings from the Danich paper Jyllands Posten - because there have bin over 1000 draings of Mohammed true time from all over the world.

Here you have som a collection, from Europe, USA, Persia and Asia.

www.zombietime.com...

So again, - whey boycut against Denmark? Is there an political conspiracy in the world of the Imams????

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle 1
ol:

Here you have som a collection, from Europe, USA, Persia and Asia.

www.zombietime.com...

Oh, "zombietime" is also on the front page the Danish Newspaper Ekstra Bladet today

link to the article in Ekstra Bladet and link to the image on the front page

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I agree with you Netchicken, hearing all this kind of nonsense, well I'm wondering how difficult it would be to get some deportation police for these people, not al middle eastern people, but the ones who are not willing to live by our rules in our countrues.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris_dk
An apology for what? An apology for printing cartoons? An apology because Denmark has freedom of speech? An apology for danish ways of life or an apology for danish imams travling the middle-east countries spreading lies and rumors... please tell me what apology they want!!!

an apology for a serious offend to their religion ...
The problem is that Europeans are ignorant with the importance of Mohammad in Islam.. it is really really really serious offence to just draw a picture (any picture) of Mohammad , so its worse to make comic cartoons about him.

This is totally unnecessary unless it is deliberate.. why on earth you would like to trigger the rage of 1 billion Muslims around the world . Just avoid it.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris_dk
It doesn't matter what word or religion you put in the text (Jewish, Islamic) my point is why the whole country is being boycott for what one newpaper writes? The man who draw the pictures are responsible, not his neighbour, his friends and specially not the goverment. Using your logic would be, a german guy kills an english guy, which would result in England boycotting Germany. What's your opinion on that?

I mentioned above that Muslims only needed an apology form that newspaper , is that too much?

also I said :

Originally posted by Deep_Blue
I dunno may be there were exaggerations about what happened in Denemark.

anyway the newspaper already appologised to Muslims . I hope that this problem will be solved soon.
[edit on 31-1-2006 by Deep_Blue]

I thought the problem is over , but now Iam hearing in the news that there was no appology from the newspaper. and now European countries are competing each other in showing those picture. I bet that they will not even dare about thinking about publishing them if they were offending Israel or Judaism.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Too many Muslims posing as non-Muslims on this board. Denmark will not censor it's newspapers to apease a few nutsacks. Forget it. Europe will not convert to Islam, that sick wish to try to overtake us will never be fullfilled. Nobody here responded to the obvious reality I just stated:

Islamic custom (not just Saudia Arabia, this occurs in even the most civilized Muslim societies in current existence such as Turkey):

-Beheading of all who convert from Islam
-Beheading of all who talk of other religions
-"Jizya" (tax for non-Muslims)
-Jail or beheading for posession of Bibles
-permission to kill family members who convert to other religions (official Sharia law).
-No residence assured for Jews and other groups (Christians and Masons frequent targets. Yes I'm sticking up for you Masons- I love liberty and Justice and I think you have a RIGHT to worship according to Christian theology though I disagree with your beliefs)
-intentional misleading OK if it fools non-Muslims into taking a position beneficial to Muslims. ( "taqiyya" )

and so forth. I want a Muslim on this board to defend their country's own record before threatening to firebomb Denmark over a cartoon. If you can defend it we can talk over whether you get a free Mosque with Danish taxpayer money (wait- isn't that funding somebody else's religion? I too want tax money to set up a church in Denmark! I demand a church!)

I am also *SICK AND TIRED* of this bogus myth that Islam had a history of peace with other creeds around it. This dishonours the victims and is an outrage. Go here for what really happened:

www.answering-islam.org...

Wherever Islam went there was carnage. You could smell the blood in the air in Mecca and Medina after Mohammed slaughtered all the Jews (that according to the Qu'ran itself!). Want a history of Tolerance? How about the Byzantine empire where non-Christians were not held as second class citizens.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
[edit on 1-2-2006 by namehere]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

an apology for a serious offend to their religion ...
The problem is that Europeans are ignorant with the importance of Mohammad in Islam..
This is totally unnecessary unless it is deliberate.. why on earth you would like to trigger the rage of 1 billion Muslims around the world . Just avoid it.

nobody else gets an apology for being offended, are muslims so arrogant to think theyre a special case?

screw his importance, muslims deserve no special treatment over others, europeans have a right to disrespect any religion they want, they have their own minds.

its totally unecessary for muslims to demand anything of europeans, it wasnt created to offend, its expressing opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I mentioned above that Muslims only needed an apology form that newspaper , is that too much?

I thought the problem is over , but now Iam hearing in the news that there was no appology from the newspaper. and now European countries are competing each other in showing those picture. I bet that they will not even dare about thinking about publishing them if they were offending Israel or Judaism.

why? what makes muslims so special? we shouldnt need to apologise for opinions.

no, theyre showing support to other western nations, dedication to our principles to free speech, they know mohommads importance but they have opinions that is their right, its arrogant to expect special treatment over others because you dont like what others think.

here some offensive jokes about various groups to show we dont care who we offend:

www.netfunny.com...

instead of condemning try to understand our thinking www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Too many Muslims posing as non-Muslims on this board.

If you are referring to me .. Have I claimed that I am not a Muslim ?!! do you know me?????
I am new here so I will introduce my self:
I am Arabic and I am Muslim and I am proud of being both.
I am from Palestine and I am very proud to be Palestinian.
I belong to a secular party which is FATAH.
I like Justice and fairness , I am not a fanatic and I have no hatred to any group in my hurt expect to Israelis how are occupying my land Palestine.

Now you know me so lets move on, shall we?

Originally posted by Nakash
Forget it. Europe will not convert to Islam, that sick wish to try to overtake us will never be fullfilled.

Who asked you to convert to Islam, for god sake we are talking about some people who are attacking Islam . How can a victim be the murderer?
We don’t care what you worship, go and worship whatever you want.
We have our own problems in sticking with our religion in this worldwide circus under the name "Fight Evil Muslims" that attacks Islam day and night.

We have problems in sticking with our religion and we are trying not to be converted from Islam to free-world religion that is forming right now.

There is a campaign against all religions to form the world in NWO , by melting religions down into one world religion. Now Islam is the biggest obstacle in their way , that’s why they are attacking it from all sides. wake up people and don’t be victims to brainwashing machines. trust no Media and do your awn research and when you believe that you found the truth stick with it.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Deep_Blue]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thank you Deep Blue for your response, I just don't understand why so much intolerance over a wretched *cartoon*. I see things which are utterly blasphemous to my religion daily (ie: "Vampire Hunter Jesus" films, Pastors wedding two men using the Bible, people purposely putting out lies on Christianity so others can turn away from it discouraged, and so forth). Yet I don't issue fatwas for it because non-violent struggle is the right way to go. Please explain to me the mentality of your countrymen. Is this indeed a small number of people or is this the vast majority? I know many Iranians and Palestinians who are very fine people but they live in the West so I cannot attest for their native citizens. I know Muslims are the primary target at the moment of the NWO because they believe in 1 God and don't give any concessions, so I will keep that in account. Also, I feel dearly for the latest Hamas victory, Fatah was probably the only party who held the interests of Palestine at hand (though Abbas was obviously a worthless puppet).

Also, on the issue of Europe converting to Islam or dying, it's not me, it's the Mullahs who want to convert Europe. I'm just repeating their line, I don't know if they have followers.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Who asked you to convert to Islam, for god sake we are talking about some people who are attacking Islam . How can a victim be the murderer?
We don’t care what you worship, go and worship whatever you want..

We have problems in sticking with our religion and we are trying not to be converted from Islam to free-world religion that is forming right now.

try to understand, this comic was about secularism and dangers of religious dogmatism, not to attack muslims or hating muslms.

you arent, yet but many are now.

theres no nwo or free world religion, things like this are exactly one of the problems with religious dogmatism, it gets twisted into paranoia about reality.

you dont want attacked...well sorry but everyone is attacked.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
why? what makes muslims so special? we shouldnt need to apologise for opinions.

What makes jews so special?

Israel Shamir's Publisher Jailed And Fined In France

On Wednesday, the court in Nanterre sentenced the publiser of "Al Qalam" books to three months in prison and $10,000 euro fine for publishing an "anti Semitic" book by Israel Shamir entitled "The Other Face of Israel." He also prohibited the sale of this book.

The court convicted Abdelila Cherifi Alaoui, of "inciting discrimination and encouraging hate and violence" against another religion.

In addition to the jail term and fine, Al Qalam must pay 12,000 euros damages and 1,500 euros in legal costs to the "International League Against Racism and Anti Semitism."

Finally, the publisher has 30 days to withdraw copies from stores with a penalty for 100 euros for every book remaining after the 30 days.

The Court was motivated by the fact that Shamir always refers to the "Jews" and presents them as dominating the world, as well as being engaged in fomenting a "thrid world war."

www.rense.com...

The writer is christian:

The author who is a Jew who converted to Christianity is accused of being in the mainstream of the anti-Semitic tradition, especially by referring to the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" as a (genuine) "political statement."

www.rense.com...

freespeach huh?
nobody special right

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
ps: deep blue there were multiple apologies by the danish government and this news paper and the comc creator.

the only reason others reprinted it is to defy the political threats, death threats and other unacceptable responses by your fellow muslims, we dont like threats for practicing our rights and will not back away from threats and demands which defy our sacred traditions of free choice.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

note that christianinty never spread in Saudi Arabia , its not like being banned.

Christianity is indeed banned in Saudi Arabia, there is zero tolerance for spreading Christianity and it carries a death penality for those that convert from being a muslim to being a Christian.

Originally posted by Deep_Blue Saudi Arabia there are some americans and europeans that work mostly in oil companies , they have their own camps and the are allowed to do whatever they want inside these private camps (Including wearing pikini in swiming pools
) If you dont believe me ask someone that worked in saudi arabia. Avtually they are treated as kings their.

I worked in Saudi Arabia for a year, I never was treated like a king. The compound did have a swimming pool, a theatre, and a bowling alley. I did not work in the oil industry but for the Saudi armed forces. We were not treated bad but more like second class citizens. I like to say that I was there 364 days longer than I liked to be. You could not pay me enough to ever go back to that place.

Sorry to stray from the topic....If the muslims don' like freedom of speech, they should all move back to the mideast and bury their heads in the sand.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by simtek 22]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

What makes jews so special?

freespeach huh?
nobody special right

hate isnt the same as satire discussing dogmatism, big difference plus denmark isnt france and has been known as one of the most open and free nations in europe, france has not been known as such.

in the US it very much like denmark regarding free speech protection, offensive, hateful or otherwise its protected.

you obvously lack understanding of most western nations.

and isnt it ironic you attack jews...french law was the reasoning, not because jews demanded punishment.

france banned all hate by law, its not just for jews...

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
the only reason others reprinted it is to defy the political threats, death threats and other unacceptable responses by your fellow muslims, we dont like threats for practicing our rights and will not back away from threats and demands which defy our sacred traditions of free choice.

I commented about this before:

by the way majority of Muslims only need an apology , death threats are from the minor (1%) extremists who are .... guess who ... Alqaeda ==> are they considered Muslim by the 99% Muslims? absolutely not.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I commented about this before:

gee those political threats coming from the whole muslim world dont make it likely that only 1% want to kill danes, it tells me they are supporting their population demands...if it was just 1% why would the danish government warning danes from visiting muslim nations?

you got apologies, what else do muslims want? should we praise allah and pay taxes to islam as repentence for our sins?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by simtek 22
[Sorry to stray from the topic....If the muslims don' like freedom of speech, they should all move back to the mideast and bury their heads in the sand.
[edit on 1-2-2006 by simtek 22]

Freespeech is necessary , but in my opinion Unlimited free speech with no boundaries is destructive.

Imagine that you are allowed to say whatever you want in your mind under unlimited freespeach rule, so when you go to work you can directly insult your boss, the next day you will be out off work.

I demand freespeech under the condition of equality , fairness , and respect to other parties.

you have to hold the stick from the middle to make the balance. don’t hold one of the extreme sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join