It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The EU has warned it may pursue WTO action against Saudi Arabia if the Saudi govenment encourages the boycott against Denmark.

EUbusiness

As the case snowballed into a diplomatic crisis, Mandelson discussed the issue of the cartoons with a a senior Saudi Arabian official on Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

"Mr Mandelson explained that the Danish boycott would be a boycott of the European Union and the matter is very serious," commission spokesman Peter Power told journalists

"He made it clear that if the Saudi government had encouraged the boycott, commissioner Mandelson would regret having to take the matter to the WTO," he added.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
The EU has warned it may pursue WTO action against Saudi Arabia if the Saudi govenment encourages the boycott against Denmark.

I saw that too...does this mean were on the brink of sanctions against Iran AND Saudi Arabia? God help us with energy prices if that's so!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I wonder....if Denmark is putting up with this outrage I can only *imagine* what the Israelis have to put up with Hamas. That textbook was a joke- they actually depicted Mohammed slaughtering a town full of jews in a children's book and had him pose in a self-righteous stance while at it. Is this a joke?!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Most of you are full of hatred against Islam. their is no sense whatsoever in justifying these anti-Islam cartoons under the name of freespeech.

are you just happy that islam is offended in this way ? are you enjoying it more by commenting on the reaction of Muslims around the world?

to act like a human you have to respect other humans. and you have to respect others believes.

Now talking about the excuse of freespeech. tell me .. can any newspaper in America or Europe show a picture of star of David burning on Fire. Or what will happen if some newspaper in some country publish a cartoon that show Jews praying for Satan ... I will tell you what will happen: that country will be called anti-Semitic and almost every country under the UN umbrella will be furious with that country... and maybe that country will be punished with a multimillion fine.

What happened in Denmark is in fact anti-Islam ..

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Jyllandsposten is finally saying that they are sorry, in an open letter!
Related link:
Jyllandsposten

There is a link for the arabicspeaking/reading people, too. It is not working yet, I believe they are having a problem translating it.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deep_Blue
Most of you are full of hatred against Islam. their is no sense whatsoever in justifying these anti-Islam cartoons under the name of freespeech.

are you just happy that islam is offended in this way ?

"And the stupidest religion of all is Islam. When one reads the Koran one is devastated, devastated," Michel Houellebecq in an interview with the Parisian literary magazine Lire.

to act like a human you have to respect other humans. and you have to respect others believes.

If you are being honest then you are an apostate to Islam. Your religion requires Muslims to make Christians and Jews pay special taxes, wear special clothing; and prevents us from, testifying in court, having a house taller than a Muslim's, owning weapons, riding a horse, etc, etc. That's not respect, that is serfdom.

Now talking about the excuse of freespeech. tell me .. can any newspaper in America or Europe show a picture of star of David burning on Fire. Or what will happen if some newspaper in some country publish a cartoon that show Jews praying for Satan ... I will tell you what will happen: that country will be called anti-Semitic and almost every country under the UN umbrella will be furious with that country... and maybe that country will be punished with a multimillion fine.

Maybe in Europe, but we're still free here in the USA and that kind of stuff is published here.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by arabian_stallion

and wen that other guy talks abt how many muslim newspapers draw pictures of bush n stuff......come on were do u go off comparing a prophet who has dedicated his life to God and his message of peace and a ruthless politician who has murdered numerous innoncent people.

Did you ever stop to think that they are many direct parallels between Bush and your so called prophet? Mohammed killed people to spread "peace" while faking "revelations" to justify whatever he wanted to do, but was really interested in the looting and raping; Bush kills people for "democracy" while faking intelligence reports and quoting passages from Isaiah, but is really interested in oil.

www.truthtree.com...

Originally posted by arabian_stallion...prophet Muhammed peace be upon him whos message did not include bombing innoncent people.

Only because explosives weren't invented yet.

Originally posted by arabian_stallion
and by the way its not just a cartoon, its a message to all the danish people saying muslims are evil and the message of islam is evil. freedom of speech was created to reveal the truth and this is not the truth

Islam is evil, Muslims aren't inherently evil of themselves, only to the extent they obey their evil religion. If you don't believe in free speech for people who hate Islam, then you don't believe in it at all.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Paul of Nisbis you proved that you are bilnded with hate and stupidity.
you are severely brainwashed by the media around you.

Islam is not evil , how many times should somebody mention that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism.

If you are being honest then you are an apostate to Islam. Your religion requires Muslims to make Christians and Jews pay special taxes, wear special clothing; and prevents us from, testifying in court, having a house taller than a Muslim's, owning weapons, riding a horse, etc, etc. That's not respect, that is serfdom.

If you read history (I doubt that you do) you will find that other religions in the Arab world had its golden age under the Islamic rule. Because Islam treated Jews and Christians fairly , Islam gave them their full rights. About the taxes that had been collected from Jews and Christians , these taxes were intended to replace military service. So If a Jewish or a Christian volunteered in the Muslim army he would not pay that tax. anyway I see the taxes issue as purely political and had nothing to do with the religion itself.

I watched a documentary about the Islamic Empire in Spain, it showed that Jews had their golden age in Spain during the Islamic rule. After the Islamic empire collapsed Jews in Spain were treated horribly : some of them were expelled, others were forced to convert to Christianity and the remaining were disallowed to practice their religion.

Islam is evil, Muslims aren't inherently evil of themselves, only to the extent they obey their evil religion.

Your statement can never be true unless you are the evil and that you are looking from devil's point of view. How does Islam be evil while it teach people morals like:
don’t steal
don’t kill innocent people
all people are equal to each other
Be fair
Help the poor
Be good with your family
Help the elders
actually teachings of Islam is very Similar to teachings of Christianity.

don’t start talking about terrorism because you already know that Terrorism was manufactured by some rulers to be used for their political advantage. Bin Laden was trained in the CIA , Al-qaeda was manufactured by America to counter communism. Hamas was created by Isaac Rabin to counter FATAH.. and so on.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Deep_Blue]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Paul of Nisbis you proved that you are bilnded with hate and stupidity.
you are severely brainwashed by the media around you.

This is a discussion board, please focus on the topics. Do not attack other members.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Have you ever heard kids going; " My dad is stronger than Your dad!"...

This debacle over which religion is the right'est/strongest/best is, imho, so childish. For one, religion is supposed to be a personal thing. Aimed at your inner individual. To explore your own faults, to do some soul-search, get in contact with your emotions, or what ever it is called. Not to digress into idolatory!

And this is exactly what most muslims do! Pure idolatry. They worship a entity, no, a dead person (Mohammed/Jesus and others), that some years ago, gave some guidelines on how to behave. (as do christians, as do buddhists).
They cannot see themselves, by some odd reason, that they are proceeding with their thaught religion, the wrong way.
(This goes for all(?) religions!)

What astounds me, is that this clear view of how to make the entity Allah/God worthy, are being turned into bloodshed and anger, over nothing but humans own fallacy.

Why wont islamists follow the scriptures as a guideline, instead of turning themselves into slaves of the texts? Why is it so hard for so many people to think for themselves, to try to figure out how to behave, instead of following the masses? Why are You, a mere Quwaiti (-or others), telling me, an norwegian, whom You have never seen or heard about. How to think? I am not telling You to shut up, and stop believing in your faith, do I?
If You choose to be aggressive towards me, and draw a beard on my King, I would still not burn Your flag, or declare war!

Chill out, won't you? -and stop beating your wife, it's the mother of your son and daughter!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ulvetann

This is not about which religion is better, its about rescpecting other groups. Denamark is not an Islamic state but it has to respect the minority muslims as it do for other minorities.

What annoys me that this thread is turned to attack Islam by laughing about the reactions of muslims around the world towords what they beleive a serious offence to Islam. Islam was attacked in first place and nowyou are attacking the victim rather than defending it.

Again if under freespeech some newspaper in dendemark denied the holocaust what will happen , I bet they will close that newspaper and denemark will be attacked by worldwide media.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How does Saudi Arabia treat its Christian minority? Oh wait they don't have one since the religion is BANNED!

Maybe Western countries should treat Islam the same way?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
How does Saudi Arabia treat its Christian minority? Oh wait they don't have one since the religion is BANNED!

Maybe Western countries should treat Islam the same way?

There are no Christian minority in Suadi Arabia
99% of saudi's are Sunni and 1% shi'a

note that christianinty never spread in Saudi Arabia , its not like being banned.

In Saudi Arabia there are some americans and europeans that work mostly in oil companies , they have their own camps and the are allowed to do whatever they want inside these private camps (Including wearing pikini in swiming pools
) If you dont believe me ask someone that worked in saudi arabia. Avtually they are treated as kings their.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

There are no Christian minority in Suadi Arabia
99% of saudi's are Sunni and 1% shi'a

note that christianinty never spread in Saudi Arabia , its not like being banned.

You're wrong, it is banned by the Saudi Government.

state.gov

Saudi Arabia is an Islamic monarchy without legal protection for freedom of religion, and such protection does not exist in practice. Islam is the official religion, and the law requires that all citizens be Muslims. The Government prohibits the public practice of non-Muslim religions. The Government recognizes the right of non-Muslims to worship in private; however, it does not always respect this right in practice.

This is why it's so hypocritical of the Saudis to complain about western nations treatment of muslims.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I guess this is being "treated like a king"?

Findarticles.com

SINCE MAY 27, the Saudis have arrested eight Christians from India and seized documents naming others. One of those arrested, Chittirical John Thomas, was pulled away from work and beaten in front of his five-year-old son. He is reportedly in the Shemaissy Detention Center.

This followed the March 22 arrest in the Batha area of Riyadh of Indian pastor Samkutty Varghese by the religious police, the muttawa, for not ending a cell phone conversation when the call for Muslim prayer went out. Rev. Varghese, who went to Saudi Arabia as a tourist in January, was apparently not aware of rules forbidding calls at such times. He is still being held, and there are reports that he has been sentenced to ten months in prison, as well as to a flogging.

The muttawa were unusually busy while Crown Prince Abdullah was away in Texas visiting President Bush. On April 23, they arrested 40 Pakistani Christians who were engaged in a joint Catholic-Protestant meeting in a home. On April 29, they arrested five Christians from an Ethiopian and Eritrean group who had gathered for prayer.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
imagine this...........
a neo nazi or kkk comedian starts printing racist cartoons against africans and jews in a famous newspaper..say the washington post....now according to some people of the people down here the kkk guy has every right to do this because.......

a) america is not an african or jewish state therefore this guy can write whatever he wants

b) america does not have an african or jewish majority so go ahead make jokes its totally ok

and yes islam does impose a law on non believers known as the jizya. this law was put down so the islamic state can provide them protection and equal rights BUT did you know that muslims were also issued an equal tax known as the zakat

omar ibn khattab, one of the sahabah (close companions of the prophet peace be upon him) was approached by a jewish man. omar at the time was the khalifah or ruler of muslims. the jewish man explained that he was too poor to jizyah. the khalifah said it was ok and gave him some money to buy his needs

conclusion: people in this discussion are listening to 1 side of the story b4 making their own personal conclusions. i hope my suggestion has enlightened at least one of you

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Denmark can print whatever it want's it is NOT an Islamic state nor will it ever be. Muslims should respect their minorities first then lecture others on how they treat Muslims. Either way, I'm glad they reacted so violently, since this means more cartoons coming out all over Europe for us to laugh at .

Examples of Saudi "fair treatment" of minorities:

-Beheading of all muslims who convert to other religions
-Special taxes for non-Muslims
-Jews are banned from holding residence in the said country
-Bible are banned, posession of one means jail time.
-speaking about another religion is jail time or death
-siblings and parents have permission to kill their relatives who convert to other religions.

the same for most Islamic nations (even so called "moderate" ones such as Turkey and Egypt- just because it's not on paper on some of their laws doesn't mean it doesn't happen).

*HYPOCRITES*

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Nakash]

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
so every once in a while you get a couple of so called religious individuals whose anger twists their religious beliefs for the sake of their own personal satisfaction. from crusaders to zionists to those ppl you see on tv 2day

but dont start thinking that religion is the cause of the problem. religion is not a bad thing. sick twisted ppl are the bad thing and religion does not cause sick twisted ppl.

if you're going to think that a negative attitude is the way to clean up all the dirt in the world then you're wrong. lets encourage each other to talk and say whats on their mind so each one of us could show the other his point of view.

only this way could we reach a real agreement. lets start being part of the solutiion and not the problem.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Your statement can never be true unless you are the evil and that you are looking from devil's point of view. How does Islam be evil while it teach people morals like:
don’t steal
don’t kill innocent people
all people are equal to each other
Be fair
Help the poor
Be good with your family
Help the elders

A man draws a picture that insults the islamic world and is followed by imidiate boycott of all his countrymen, deaththreats and the burning of the very soul of the country. Tell me where fair fits into all this?

Many, many 1000 of immigrants pouring in from everywhere in EU (90% is muslims) with issues of being tortured, procecuted of political views etc... they are not equal to you? Apparently not, since they have to flee their homes.

And since you all help the poor, I guess there were no reason we helped after the earthquake in Iran and Pakistan. Send clothes and food to Ethiopia and Sudan after massive hunger. And I often wonder if 1000 of people went door to door in Iran, Irak afganistan and Pakistan to collect money for the needy and helpless after the flood in New Orleans.

btw are women intitled to vote in Iran, Afganistan Pakistan etc? (I honestly dont know)

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.cartoonstock.com...

www.cartoonstock.com...

www.cartoonstock.com...

www.cartoonstock.com...

this came from www.cartooncstock.com click and enjoy the blister of free society and the freedom to make and mock all religions

[edit on 31-1-2006 by MarkLuitzen]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join