It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Deep does have a point, hate speech is often a question over who's bull is getting gored, but still what puzzled me is the reaction some Muslims had to this. Also who spread the false pictures, who spread that vicious rumour of Denmark writing a censored Quran full of fake quotes (
) ? I smell somebody stirring trouble. I'd love to see the first place those fake pictures first appeared (Iran? Saudia Arabia?)

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

in the US it very much like denmark regarding free speech protection, offensive, hateful or otherwise its protected.

you obvously lack understanding of most western nations.

and isnt it ironic you attack jews...french law was the reasoning, not because jews demanded punishment.

france banned all hate by law, its not just for jews...

[edit on 1-2-2006 by namehere]

Either you are trying to brainwash me or your are being brainwashed. are you trying to say only France gives special treatment to Jews? wrong.
Most European countries + US protect Israel and Jews from any criticism under the name of prohibiting anti-Semitism.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

gee those political threats coming from the whole muslim world dont make it likely that only 1% want to kill danes, it tells me they are supporting their population demands...if it was just 1% why would the danish government warning danes from visiting muslim nations?

Actualy they are less than 1% . count how many people belong to al-Qaeda and you will know the precentage from which deathtreats come from. (hint less than %1 because Al-Qaueda are Wahabists who are less than 1% of Muslims )

you got apologies, what else do muslims want? should we praise allah and pay taxes to islam as repentence for our sins?

Thanks for the apologies, now Stop publishing the pictures in other European countries.... and thats it... end of story ... no harm done.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deep_Blue

Freespeech is necessary , but in my opinion Unlimited free speech with no boundaries is destructive.

Imagine that you are allowed to say whatever you want in your mind under unlimited freespeach rule, so when you go to work you can directly insult your , the next day you will be out off work.

I demand freespeech under the condition of equality , fairness , and respect to other parties.

you have to hold the stick from the middle to make the balance. don’t hold one of the extreme sides.

you dont understand free speech, if one insults YOU on purpose it is no crime, its opinion, you might get fired, sued or punished with a fist to the face but its not lllegal(here atleast), its far more destructive to punish over words, such laws of respect are abused by power hungry government, i rather say "what do jews have in common with burnt fish? they both smell foul if cooked too long" or "what did jesus like about gays? the fact they get on their knees when told, just as his disciples did" than having police arresting masses of people for offending the government.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Deep_Blue
Freespeech is necessary , but in my opinion Unlimited free speech with no boundaries is destructive.

You do realize that you are trying to support an argument for limiting speach on a Cartoon don't you? Don't you realize how preposterous that stance is? Its a cartoon for petes sakes! A cartoon.

I find it both humorous and heartening that so many other papers reprinted the cartoons, not because they were cool, but to defy the unmitigated repressive threats of an intolerant religious bully.

[edit on 2/1/06 by makeitso]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

you dont understand free speech, if one insults YOU on purpose it is no crime, its opinion.

My understanding of Freespeech is superiour than yours.

Insulting another persion is not opinion , It will harm his feeling , he may get angry and insult you back , then it could turn into fight , then his friends can come to help , then your friends can come to help , it could trun into big streetfight, then you will all end in prison or hospital. This is Chaos not opinion.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Deep_Blue]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Thanks for the apologies, now Stop publishing the pictures in other European countries.... and thats it... end of story ... no harm done.

then your fellow muslims should stop threatening the danish with sanctions and telling them what to do in their own country..

if musims didnt freak out and act like they are, all this wouldnt be escilating the way it is.

this is daily in the US and you dont see our muslim population overreacting here to such a degree, or jews, or christians, or pagans.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

My understanding of Freespeech is superiour than yours.

Insulting another persion is not opinion , .

no, your adherence to religion is why nations over there lack any advancement or real freedom.

see free speech has responsibility, if you go too far you get what you deservre, but making laws to enforce respect only leads to abuse of such laws.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

You do realize that you are trying to support an argument for limiting speach on a Cartoon don't you? Don't you realize how preposterous that stance is? Its a cartoon for petes sakes! A cartoon.

So I dont have freespeech right to express my point of view about freespeech? :

I demand freespeech under the condition of equality , fairness , and respect to other parties.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Deep_Blue]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
step outside by a police station and yell "i love pork" and tell me you wont be arrested..

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
namehere

I think I answered all your questions multiple times.

Iam getting bored about reposting the same thing again and again.
So please can we move on.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
well sorry but thats the topic, defending danish right to free speech without religious influence.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

step outside by a police station and yell "i love pork" and tell me you wont be arrested..

Ok Iam going out to do that now

you dont realize that all Arab countries expect Saudi Arabia are all under secular goverments.
do you realize that it in Arab countries: Alchool , Ham, ...Put list here .., ... are all allowed .

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ok, well firstly there were some things said, that I would like to respond to, so I'll do that first, but I do have more to my post than just quoting an opinionating.

European countries are competing each other in showing those picture. I bet that they will not even dare about thinking about publishing them if they were offending Israel or Judaism.

European countries? Maybe American papers, but fdrom what I understand, Europe does'nt particularly feel the same about Israel as America does.

screw his importance, muslims deserve no special treatment over others, europeans have a right to disrespect any religion they want, they have their own minds.

Here here, I whole heartedly agree with you.

They don't have to, and since the government of (don't remember if it was Denmark or not, to much reading.) Denmark and the paper and the cartoonjist apologised, than the muslims/middle east need to get up off there high horse and quit being [insert derogatory term here] and quit being so prissy.

Ok, that's all my quote-answer stuff.

I'm dissapointed that the cartoonist the paper and the government apologised, in my opinion they should'nt have, they have the right to do whatever they want in there own country.

Oh, and just so anyone may think that I support Israel, I don't, I dislike Israel as a country, I dislike Isrealis as a people, and I dislike the attitude that the people, country and government have.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Ok Iam going out to do that now

you dont realize that all Arab countries expect Saudi Arabia are all under secular goverments.
do you realize that it in Arab countries: Alchool , Ham, ...Put list here .., ... are all allowed .

and iraq it was illegal before the war but still...but thts not what i meant, im just saying even if theres freedom, still arab nations dont understand our thinking or our level of openness and how we offend everyone all the time, we see any cnflict as between offender and offended, any apology is betwenn them, not a whole country, family, etc.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by namehere]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I´ve heard that among shiamuslims in Iran it is common to make pictures of Muhammed. How come they don´t get a similar reaction as Denmark is experiencing now?

I bet these strong reactions from muslims are caused by some other pictures and not the actual pictures printed in Jyllands-Posten. They are riding on a wave of crazy accusations, lies and wrong facts. In the end it will make the countries who boycot Denmark look bad. Countries/Nations should at least make sure of the facts before they shut down their embassies and boycot other nations, and not act on rumours. Diplomatic relations is serious business and is not a kindergarden.

In the middle-east there has been seen posters with pictures of a Norwegian man who have absolutely no connection to Jyllands-Posten. He was wrongfully being labeled as "the owner of Jyllands-Posten" and some text along the lines of "This is the pig who insulted Muhammed". Why this? His life might be in danger now, and this because of lies and misinformation. He is not even Danish...

And why is Sweden being mentioned among those who should flee muslim countries if they want to stay alive? Is this because they had a joint military exercise on their soil with Russian warcriminals from Chechnya (Snowflake 2006)? I can´t come up with any other explaination why they would include Sweden...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Oh, and just so anyone may think that I support Israel, I don't, I dislike Israel as a country, I dislike Isrealis as a people, and I dislike the attitude that the people, country and government have.

maybe you dislike Israel.. But from your opinions I bet that you like the Idea of one world religion. do you?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
I´ve heard that among shiamuslims in Iran it is common to make pictures of Muhammed. How come they don´t get a similar reaction as Denmark is experiencing now?

you heard ya... right ... I see. and from that rumor you made your own conclusions... were is your research about that?

If that is true then the Sunni muslims (90% of Muslims ) will have the same reaction against Iran.

Present calculations indicate that some 90% of the world's Muslims are Sunni and approximately 10% are Shi'a, but the Shi'a are certainly undercounted. Further work is needed before these statistics are defensible

en.wikipedia.org...

Any way that rumor is 99.99% wrong unless you show me the contrary..

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Now this becomes very serious:

Palestinian gunmen surrounded European Union offices in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, threatening violence and demanding an apology for caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad that appeared in European newspapers.

A leaflet signed by a Fatah militia and the Islamic Jihad said the EU office and churches in Gaza could come under attack..

(VIDEO)

A Palestinian gunman sprays the word C L O S E D on the wall of the European Union headquarters in the Gaza Strip, (Photo: Reuters)

Gaza gunmen take over EU building

Meanwhile, a different group associated with Fatah, the Abu-Rish Brigades, issued an eight-hour ultimatum to Denmark and a similar demand for an apology.

The group's announcement noted that should Denmark and Europe fail to apologies, "We'll abduct and hurt all citizens of the European countries who hurt Islam's feelings and honor."

Meanwhile al-Qaeda affiliated group Abu Hafez al-Masri Brigades threatened Denmark on Wednesday with “bloody war” in reaction to insults against Prophet Muhammad.

In a message sent to the London-based al-Quds al-Arabi, the group warned of attacks in Denmark similar to the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York. The message comes in the wake of a series of calls for attacks against Denmark published on Jihadi websites.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Also, I feel dearly for the latest Hamas victory, Fatah was probably the only party who held the interests of Palestine at hand

Thank you. We are shocked and cannot believe that Hamas Won. We never imagined that the election will turn into worst case scenario.

Actually FATAH collected more than 50% of the votes , but because of many fatal errors and lack of coopration between different FATAH candidates the votes were scattered. And believe me HAMAS themselves are surprised by the results as they only aimed for being a strong opposition party in the parliament .. anyway it is a long story . I was thinking about posting the full facts about what happened in the elections in a separate Thread , maybe I will do that soon.

Originally posted by Nakash
though Abbas was obviously a worthless puppet

I totally agree
he is weak and worthless , he is a prime reason to this disaster.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join