It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
There were thousands more muslims demonstrating in the UK today.
The third week in a row.

CNN

LONDON, England (AP) -- More than 15,000 people joined an angry but peaceful protest in central London on Saturday against the Prophet Mohammed cartoons that have infuriated many in the Muslim world.

Buses brought participants from cities around Britain to gather in Trafalgar Square, and they later marched through central London to Hyde Park, from where the crowd began dispersing late in the afternoon.

How many weeks is this crap going to go on?
Surely it's costing the British Government money to provide security to these protests and it must also be causing problems with tourism and regular business activities as thousands of people descend onto these areas.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So now it's NOT okay to protest? At least they are civilized enough not to cause damage or injure anyone. That's gotta count for something, no?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
  • 15 died in Nigeria today after a Muhammed cartoon protest turned violent.

• Denmark has lots and lots of chicken on stock because of the middle east boycott of Danish goods. Today they found the H5N1 bird flu virus in Egypt. And no, I don´t think it´s funny.

• However one thing I found funny though. I saw a picture in the newspaper today. A protester burning a danish flag somewhere. The burning flag had a picture of a dog and the word "dog" written on it. What they probably don´t know is that the english word "dog" is a danish word as well. In danish it doesn´t mean "dog" but "although", but that´s not the point. My point is that the danes pronounce their word "dog" as "Doh" (as Homer Simpson would say it)

*DOH*

• posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:19 PM
    link   
    How smart is it to burn down your own country and provide propaganda for an upcoming war against an Islamic nation (Iran- if it happens which I think it will) ? Not too smart. I wonder why Muslims don't calm down, when somebody crosses the line in Europe and starts burning stuff they are the ones going to lose with the British deporting people and searching Mosques. What exactly do you get by birning a Danish flag or a KFC over a cartoon? What please, can a Muslim answer me on this one?

rdx

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:32 PM
    link   
    I am completely baffled by the muslim response to the cartoons. Has no-one told them that this is 2006, not 1006?

They are quite happy for Al-Jarzeera to show lovely images of people being beheaded, but get all uppity at some very innocuous (IMHO) cartoons.

I am beginning to think that religion, not money is the root of all evil.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:48 PM
    link   
    Am I the only one that find all this shenanigans absurd?

I found some news from Iranmania.com.

It says, that the Iranis burnt a cross outside of the danish embassy, while chanting "God is Greatest", (I believe they actually chanted "Allahu Ackbar") and "Death to Denmark."

The first picture my mind vision'ed, was a posse of KKK'ers. Considering that these are the ones that would get the same treatment from the KKK.
    -At the same time, I do condemn the actions of previous mentioned organization, and their equals.

And Iran has changed the name on danish pastries to 'Roses of Mohammed'.
    I guess, that was the compromise the halfmoon-worshippers had to agree to, since the pastries are so popular, that they aren't really able to boycott the production of them.

Related link:
    The Star (english)

Imho, I find these protests going on proving, more and more, that their religion is not peaceful and respectful. They are really having a hard time convincing me, that islam is about peace, respect and freedom. They sure have me convinced, tough, that they are devoted! To bad it is a devotion for destruction! I wonder if a reformation of the islam is ever to be an option! I guess if it is, it will be underway right now. This is perhaps the islamic revolution 'equal' to the christian one, that took us out of the medieval?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 05:02 PM
    link   
    Hehey, "Freedom pastries"! Why are they copying the "freedom fries" idea? Are they sensoring the word Danish as well now?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 06:09 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

So now it's NOT okay to protest?

Yes, it is ok to protest. It is a democratic right all people have.

Furthermore, as already said, desecration of the Koran, the Tora, the Christian Bible, or any religious site should be offensive to all of us.

BUT:

In this special 'cartoon conspiracy' I personaly do NOT think the people protest against the 12 cartoons published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, but in reality against the cartoons the Danish Imams FAKED or for some other motives.

Therefore, I think it is necessary to look who (which groups) organized the protests.

In London it is the Muslim Action Committee (MAC)- a group that worries me

(See: Daily Mail: Terror link of 'moderate' Muslims at London rally)

[edit on 18-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:36 PM
    link   
    It seems that Muslims are crazed lunatics that are using this incident to just go completely mad.

Here's the latest incident, from Nigeria:

ABC News

It was the first major protest to erupt over the issue in Africa's most populous nation. An Associated Press reporter saw mobs of Muslim protesters swarm through the city center with machetes, sticks and iron rods. One group threw a tire around a man, poured gas on him and set him ablaze.

--snip--

Thousands of rioters burned 15 churches in Maiduguri in a three-hour rampage before troops and police reinforcements restored order, Nigerian police spokesman Haz Iwendi said. Iwendi said security forces arrested dozens of people in the city about 1,000 miles northeast of the capital, Lagos.

Chima Ezeoke, a Christian Maiduguri resident, said protesters attacked and looted shops owned by minority Christians, most of them with origins in the country's south.

"Most of the dead were Christians beaten to death on the streets by the rioters," Ezeoke said. Witnesses said three children and a priest were among those killed.

If they really cared so much about religion where was their respect for their fellow 'people of the book' when they were burning down churches?

I'm ready to support a final solution to the muslim problem because there doesn't seem to be any way to live side by side with muslims.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:31 PM
    link   
    With all the protesting and deaths, maybe if we here in the west post more images like the Danes, they will all kill themselves in anger. These people need to get over it. I havent seen Christians protesting and killing over South Park.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by simtek 22]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:35 PM
    link   
    I am *so* Glad Iran is going to get invaded. No more picking on women and children, these cowards will now face the full brunt of a force which can pulverize their meteor worshipping mosques to dust.

If this was some giant conspiracy to demonize Muslims it sure worked on me, but nobody here is a chump. I think Muslims do as Muslims say, and that there is no need for a phantom conspiracy to explain our current foreign policy in the middle east after witnessing this carnage.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:18 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Riwka
    Therefore, I think it is necessary to look who (which groups) organized the protests.

Thank you Riwka. Finally some rational thought in the discussion. The thread was on it's way to become a seething pile of bigoted responses.

No doubt these rioters are not the sharpest tools in the shed, their violent actions are on the deep end of the bigoted spectrum. The key difference between their actions and some of the bigoted remarks I've seen by some members is that they are acting upon their prejudice. But essentially the level of hate is the same. I wonder when people will realise that hate feeds upon itself.

The thing is there will always be leaders and there will always be sheeple. The sheeple are essentially easy to manipulate. With the right propaganda and rhetoric, any charismatic person can start an angry mob and lead them on a path to destruction.

These riots you see only happen in scattered pockets of the muslim world, but I've noticed several patterns so far. Tentatively I'm gonna go with the following list of what I believe to be factors that can lead to it. It's in order of what I believe to be most important to the least important.

1. Poor economic conditions - so people are generally unhappy to begin with
    2. Government hanging on to power and so is reluctant to quell disturbance, fearing they will lose what little support they have
    3. Fundamentalist and militant opposition groups seizing the opportunity to destabilise the current government
    4. Education standards are low - so the sheeple are more easily influenced

What do you think? Basically this is what I think -- social unrest is already formenting in these areas. The cartoons, fake or otherwise were seized upon by radical elements within the regions to garner support for their cause. The governments of these countries are somewhat reluctant to persecute anyone because they fear they might lose the support they have from the people.

Note, this is just a theory. In regards to Pakistan I have found news reports that support my theory.

Hidden Motives Behind Cartoon Riots
    Blasphemous Cartoons Eroding the West's Goodwill: President

However I can't find any similiar news for Libya or Nigeria. In fact, perusing through Nigerian and Libyan dailies, I couldn't even find any mention of riots! This is either because of local censors or the western media amplified the actual events. I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:46 AM
    link   
    Thanks for your thoughts.

I just wrote some thoughts here

I think what you wrote could well be the case e.g. for the riots we saw around Paris some weeks ago; it also could fit the situation in Pakistan, Nigeria etc.

I am absolutly sure, nobody in countries we see violent rage now, ever saw the cartoons published in Jyllands-Posten - and they are not familiar with freedom of expression in Europe etc. Those poor people are only manipulated by radical Imams for an other purpose.

But in Denmark and Europe, now moderate Muslims feel more and more a responsibility to fight, so that their children will not have to live under Islamist dogmas.
    (See also: More and More Moderate Muslims Speak Out in Denmark)

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:26 PM
    link   
    Muhammed cartoon protesters attacked the american embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia with sticks, stones and rotten vegetables. They are angry because of the sculpture at the US Supreme Court in Washington...

Khaleej Times Online: Islamic protesters damage US embassy in Jakarta (Reuters)

19 February 2006

Islamic demonstrators angry at depictions of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) turned their wrath on the US embassy in Jakarta on Sunday, beating on the gate with sticks and pelting the building with tomatoes, eggs and stones.

The missiles shattered glass in the guard post and cracked fibreglass-like material in the gate. More than 200 white-clad members of Indonesia’s militant Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) were protesting over Danish cartoons lampooning the Prophet as well as his depiction in a sculpture at the US Supreme Court in Washington. About 50 police were on hand but unable to keep the protesters away from the gate, witnesses said. Maksuni, an FPI deputy leader, told reporters after the protests: “This is not the last warning. This is only the beginning. There will be bigger actions against them.” “Suicide bombings! Prepare for a bomb”, said one protester

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:36 PM
    link   
    So, let me get this straight. This was caused by the sculputer that has been there for over half a century?

Let me guess, this was another "spontaineous" riot, right?

People had better wake up to this conspiracy before we allow the whole world to be burned to cinders.

Edited because I still haven't purchased one of those talk and type programs.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:58 PM
    link   
    .....Jyllands Posten in the Saudi newspapers:

Saudi papers publish Danish paper's cartoon apology

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabian newspapers on Sunday printed an apology by the Danish paper whose cartoons lampooning the Prophet Mohammad have sparked deadly protests around the world.

"Allow me in the name of Jyllands-Posten to apologise for what happened and declare my strong condemnation of any step that attacks specific religions, ethnic groups and peoples. I hope that with this I have removed the misunderstanding," wrote Carsten Juste, the editor of Jyllands-Posten.

The full-page advertisements appeared in Asharq al-Awsat, which is printed around the Arab world, as well as the local al-Riyadh and al-Jazira.

They were dated Feb. 5, but an advertising spokesman at al-Riyadh said it may have taken time for the papers, which are close to the government, to approve the announcement.

Really?

There is a little problem....:

Danish paper denies publishing new apology for cartoons in Saudi papers

The Danish newspaper that published the Mohammed cartoons said Sunday that it had not published an apology to Muslims in Saudi Arabian newspaper, but that these newspapers had simply republished an apology posted on its web site earlier this month.

Jyllands-Posten made it clear Sunday, however, that it had not taken out the ads in Saudi papers.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:39 PM
    link   
    just another society living of its own ignorance...

one day we will be free from everything, even being made to believe or die

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:25 PM
    link   
    Well, if Allah asks me to believe or die, I'll die. Then I'll bind his ass in the last judgement and have him smoked along with Baal, Osiris, and all his other demon friends

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:29 PM
    link   
    I love the way the person in the article was in a protest that burned flags and attacked the US embassy to show the world muslims were NOT terrorists.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:35 PM
    link   
    Riwka,

I've got a theory on the "Danish Apology" published in the Saudi papers. Perhaps the Saudi government, looking at all the other unstable regimes around the world, is afraid that "spontaneous riots" might occur that would undermine their power.

I think that the above reason is also why I cannot find any news of riots in the Libyan and Nigerian papers. Perhaps the governments are afraid that the "spontaneous riots" might spread throughout the whole country, therefore they suppress information on it.

What do you think? Certainly possible, no? After all we all know that politicians are dirrrty. It would not be below them to engineer such things to maintain power.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join