It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have been kind of cartooned out for the past few days, but had an idea for a cartoon of my own on bobsleding, so I went searching and see others have already beat me to it.

Iran rides nuclear bomb during Olympic bobsled competition

Three Bonus Cartoons

Wyle E. Coyote joins Muslim radicals in cartoon protests

Muslim baker changes name of Danish pastry

Radical Islam 'defends' right to freedom of speech

Freedom of speech rules al queda and don't you forget it!!!!

[edit on 2/20/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The poor 12 artists who drew the cartoons - they probably have to hide for the rest of their lives.

There is not the Pakistani Imam who offers $1MM Bounty for Assassination of Danish Cartoonists

- now there is even a fatwa like the one against Salman Rushdie:

Indian Court issues fatwa on cartoonists

AN Islamic court in India has issued a fatwa, or religious decree, condemning to death the 12 artists who drew the controversial images of the prophet Mohammed.

The decree was issued on behalf of the Idar-e-Sharia Darul Kaza Islamic court in northern Uttar Pradesh state by its religious head in the state capital, Lucknow.

"Death is the only penalty for the cartoonists who had drawn sacrilegious cartoons of the prophet," Maulana Mufti Abul Irfan, the religious head of the court, said overnight.

The court's ruling is binding on Muslims, but can be challenged under Indian law.

Mr Irfan said it was clearly written in the Muslim holy book, the Koran, that anyone who insulted the prophet deserved to be punished.

He said the fatwa was applicable wherever Muslims live.

[edit on 21-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
One of my fellow, infamous, citizens are provoking again!

This time it is Ahmed Akari that plays up the orchestra.
He is now agitating his fellow muslims, to burn their passports in the town square of Copenhagen.
He is also preparing for a 'workday-standstill'.

Akkari states, on behalf of his muslim brothers;

- Den, der brænder for noget, opfinder selv nyttige midler.

To translate it correctly into english is hard, but even in danish it makes not much sense. It says; "If You are burning for something, You invent useful means yourself."

Photo: Martin Ballund

Related link:
BT (danish)

Isn't this rather far off the sanity edge? Okay, go ahead make your illegal strikes so we can fire You, already. Oh, oh, You are buning your passports too? Brilliant. Saves the government from a lot of hassle, revoking them in the first place. If I, in any situation, in any land, came into some kind of issues/trouble, surely my passport, would be the last thing I would torch. Where is the sense in that?!? Morons!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
This time it is Ahmed Akari that plays up the orchestra.
He is now agitating his fellow muslims, to burn their passports in the town square of Copenhagen. He is also preparing for a 'workday-standstill'.

Very intelligent strategy!!!!

One wonders what the response would be to something really serious. It is really hard to take issues seriously when we see this type of juvenile behaviour. Act like adults and perhaps you will treated with respect act like children and you will be laughed at and that is exactly what most intelligent people around the world are doing. If it makes Mr Akari and his followers feel good to burn their passports - a 12 month old would throw their bottle out of the pram. Burning passports is the over 12-month old chucking the bottle act.

To be honest the message from us should be GROW UP!!!!!

[edit on 22/2/2006 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Imho, some good news.

Both the Imam Abu Laban and Ahmed Akkari, are facing a potential eviction!
Photo: Keld Navntoft

Several persons have filed a case against them, having the police looking into their actions. They have so far gotten 17 filed complaints, according to vicecriminalinspector Magnus Andresen with Copenhagen Police .
Now, it is up to the police to consider their actions as damaging to the country!

I have been waiting for this for a relatively long time now, and finally, I can almost cheer!
I am concerned, tough, how the police is going to handle these cases they are getting. They say themselves, that they are going to gather them all, and file them in their journal, and consider the hold in the accusations at some time later, without giving any clue to when, if any actions are being taken.

Related link:
BT (danish)

Oh, I have forgot to mention, that Ahmed Akkari, in 2000, as a school-teacher tore off a 4th. grade kids' ear! The lady co-worker that later filed a complaint to the police for his actions, was later driven away from school, having the Principal at school making her two notes. One saying she was fired, with the reason of 'being uncooperative'... ...and one recommendation stating she was good with kids, and cooperative!

Related link:
Ekstrabladet (danish)

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thankyou. At least this idiot will now have to preach from Skid row. He has the blood of about 100 people in his hands, there would be no riots if that wretched faked picture hadn't gotten out.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wow.

Jyllands-Posten has won a Danish critical journalism award for its initiative:

Cartoon-newspaper wins prize

Denmark's largest daily was honoured with the Victor Prize for "having opened everyone's eyes by showing how easy it is to introduce cracks in freedom of expression and how so-called political correctness is infiltrating what we believe to be inalienable rights," Hans Engell, the editor of tabloid Ekstra Bladet which awards the prize, said during a prize ceremony in Copenhagen late on Thursday.

The Victor Prize, named for the late editor-in-chief of Ekstra Bladet Victor Andreasen, was handed to Jyllands-Posten's editor Carsten Juste.

"This prize is awarded to Jyllands-Posten for its adamant defence for months of freedom of expression, which is under threat," Engell told AFP.

The Jyllands-Posten's editor, Carson Juste received the prize while guarded by two secret service bodyguards, noting "how fragile freedom of expression is" as he accepted the award.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A voice of reason. I have just returned from another trip to Malaysia. Although the story included in the attached link is a couple of weeks old it does lead us to some level of hope that the real reason for mass unrest (not the lunatic fringe stirring up the pot) will be discussed by intelligent men and then perhaps we can look forward to the real issues being dealt with.

www.ipsnews.net...

The discussion around various dinner tables in Malaysia was interesting. Whilst a couple of newspapers in Malaysia have suspended digging deeper shows that there were other issues with the said newspapers and in one case publishing the cartoons was the straw etc etc....

The New Straits Times after issuing an apology was not suspended.

www.abc.net.au...

Protests - 400 out of a population of over 24million. Interesting and just goes to show that religious tolerance and harmony can be achieved such as in Malaysia where there is a will to do so. Importantly also, where people are educated, reasonably comfortable, feel they have a future and are as a result feel secure they don't burn flags, destroy buildings and kill people.

[edit on 25/2/2006 by Lady of the Lake]

[edit on 25/2/2006 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by Deep_Blue

They can print pictures showing big headed Jews praying to Satan with Star of David burning on fire. So that people in UK can laugh at those pictures.

Didn´t you see that part about the fake pictures which I posted on page 2? The real pictures were actually not that bad. No pig noses, pig ears, burning beard or sex with animals. There are some serious misinformations going on in this case, trying to make it look worse than it really was. These countries boycotting Denmark should get some real facts on the table and stop listening to Al Qaeda.

Originally posted by Deep_Blue

I don’t know how Saudi Arabia relates to the topic of this thread.

Moreover, there are many despotic governments in the world , so why you have picked Saudi Arabia . Because it is Islamic? Now I can clearly see your twisted logic.

Saudi Arabia was the first country to boycot Danish goods because of the Muhammed drawings. That´s why Saudi Arabia is to be found in this thread.

So if i'm getting this right...

To you, Free speech is your right to insult me, and my lack of right to get upset agout it.
To you, free speech means that a country CANNOT cease trading with another country that has ticked them off?

In other words, freedom of speech for me but not for thee?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake

The New Straits Times after issuing an apology was not suspended.

www.abc.net.au...

Protests - 400 out of a population of over 24million.

I'd just like to add that this protest was led by the opposition party, the Islamic Party of Malaysia (PAS) and was more of a publicity stunt than anything else. The PAS leadership is reknowned for making a mountain out of a molehill.

Also, NST didn't publish the caricatures, it published something else -

Not really anything to fuss about, but as I said before, PAS is like that. They're getting better, more understanding, but the old voices still carry a lot of weight.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

So if i'm getting this right...

To you, Free speech is your right to insult me, and my lack of right to get upset agout it.
To you, free speech means that a country CANNOT cease trading with another country that has ticked them off?

In other words, freedom of speech for me but not for thee?

"Freedom of speech"... I think you got it all wrong and flipped it upside down seriously. Do you really believe "freedom of speech" is designed just for us to be able to insult you? Sorry pal, but somebody must be feeding you with loads of propaganda BS.

If I am going to a "holy place". A place that is holy for somebody else but not me. Someone´s religious place but obviously not Mecca as they would kill me if I tried
. Then I take my shoes and/or hat off if required when entering the church or whatever it is. I wouldn´t want to insult anybodies religion by being respectless in their holy place. But respect goes both ways. You need to show respect to others before you can get respect yourself. You can´t burn my flag and embassy or whatever and yell "show us some respect, you evil bastards". Respect doesn´t work that way.

And a country who is about to cease trading with another country should have some sort of intelligence service to get their facts right. To me it´s like they´re just acting on gossip and rumours. Some guy in Denmark doesn´t get what he wants, he is acting childish and then makes up a totally crazy story. You know the "child beater" Akkari who has been frequently mentioned in this thread, he also claimed that Denmark forbids muslims to build a mosque in Denmark. Why do you believe him? It´s a big lie! It´s not true at all. Denmark have even set aside some property for this purpose. These are all facts that could be easily checked, but nope.... they boycot Denmark instead. Based on a pile of rotten lies and 12 "rather innocent" cartoons. Kindergarden politics. And that´s not an insult, that´s a fact
If every nation in the world were to play out their foreign politics like these guys did, there would be total war. It would all be chaos.

In this case there is only one thing which is not a lie, and that is the 12 "rather innocent" cartoons which were blown out of propotions. Everything else told by Abu Laban and Akkari are lies. Abu Laban has connections to Al Qaeda. Stop listening to their dribbel. Too many people have died because of this already...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
what do you think christians would say if the new york times published an entire paper of printed ways to "take the lord's name in vain" and straight up offensive blasphemy against their religion?

just pages of creative expletives incorporating jesus and god.

now, to muslims, what they did in denmark is 13 times worse. the entire point of not depicting the prophet in islam was to keep people from viewing him as a god, which (in their opinion) had happened to jesus.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

Um, people do it all the friggin time. Where have you been?

We have several different scholars who believe Jesus survived the crucifixion and had sex with Mary Magdelene, all of which are blasphemous ideas to the christian faith. Yet I dont see Christians burning colleges or demanding that Dan Brown be beheaded.

I dont care if its offensive to Muslims. They wanna protest, fine. They have the right to do so just as Christians had a right to protest the last temptation of Christ.

But they have no right to behave like they have been with violence and threats. And to be so petty over something so silly.

Irrational stupid people offend me. So can I riot and demand all Christians and Muslims who are offended by anything be kicked out of the countries they are in? Sok I wont be offended anymore?

Didnt think so.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Anybody saying Saudi Arabia isn't a despicable tyranny deserves to be ignored. That's the truth. I see many Muslims here complaining about Israel, but not one voice condemning the intolerant bigoted Saudis. That's what I calll *hypocrisy*.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Anybody saying Saudi Arabia isn't a despicable tyranny deserves to be ignored. That's the truth.

Nakash it is the first time I agree with you about something. Saudi Arabia is surely despotic country where people don't have any kind of freespeech. People there are jailed if they form any kind of protest that the government don't agree about.

Originally posted by Nakash
I see many Muslims here complaining about Israel, but not one voice condemning the intolerant bigoted Saudis. That's what I calll *hypocrisy*.

I have to make it clear that Saudi's despotism cannot be compared with Israeli's terrorism. Just take it straight and plain:
- Saudi Arabia is a despotic isolated country that does not interfere with other countries.
- Saudi doesn't form a threat on its neighbors. Saudi is very weak country , they have small army (10'000 men only) and they are protected by USA. Thus they follow and obey the orders from the White House.
While Israel:
- Israel Interfere with other countries they: assassinated leaders, pulled down governments, occupied others lands ... etc.
- Israel Forms a great threat on its neighbors, while those neighbors form less threat on Israel. Israel has WMD (with something like 200 nuclear heads) while the neighbors have prehistoric weapons. I am amazed how Israel is protected by a global war, from bunch of losers (I admit it; Arabs are bunch of losers). That "Global war to protect Israel" is being led by USA (since first Gulf War in 1991) and first successful outcome was destroying Iraq (Syria is next on the list).

Sorry If I am off topic I just let my thoughts to go on. Now , don't think that I am defending Saudis because I am not . I only wanted to make it clear that Israel is different story (very different indeed).

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

These Damn Pictures

By caving in to fanatics over the Danish cartoons, the West has shown that it is not only gutless but brainless.

"Give up the cartoonists; they're in the attic." That is what many of us in the trade feel has been our lot since our brethren in Denmark were forced into hiding after drawing likenesses of the Prophet Mohammed. As art will do, "them damn pictures"-- Boss Tweed's term for Thomas Nast's cartoons from a more innocent time -- have exposed not just the internal dynamics of what some have called Islamofascism but the corresponding corruption of our own values and character in the West. Our insides have been illuminated like an electrocuted Daffy Duck in an old Warner Brothers cartoon. And we now see what we're made of: not a lot of guts, or brains either.

And how Right he is...

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wow Souljah, another rare moment when we're in complete agreement.

You got a WATS vote from me for that contribution!

[edit on 2/27/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Now, there is a statement on the Danish cartoon row from the European Union and the ministers put the first paragraph under discussion and this has been adapted so that freedom of speech has remained upright.

Foreign ministers wrangle over cartoon row text

Meeting in Brussels, the ministers issued a fresh statement on the violence that recently erupted in some muslim countries following the publication by Danish paper Jyllands-Posten of cartoons depicting the prophet Muhamed.

The statement in its first paragraph says that "The (EU) council acknowledges and regrets that these cartoons were considered offensive and distressing by Muslims across the world."

An earlier version of the paragraph, contested by the Dutch, said that the EU regretted "that these cartoons caused offence."

"It is now clear that

we [ed. Riwka= The European Union] do not make an apology for the cartoons," said a senior Dutch diplomat.

However, Denmark was "pleased" with the declaration and the "unanimity" that EU member states had demonstrated in supporting Denmark.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Great news Riwka.

I think somebody should apologise for burning the english flag. I saw a photo in a danish newspaper yesterday (paper, not online). Some protesters in India (yes, India) burned what they believed was the danish flag. However, they had switched the red and the white color on their homemade flag. It appeared like the english flag instead, a red cross on a white background. I'm not kidding

[edit on 2006/4/25 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Flemming Rose, the man behind the murders who commissioned the cartoons that have caused dozens of muslims to kill one another, has come out with an explanation of why he did so.

By contrast, I commissioned the cartoons in response to several incidents of self-censorship in Europe caused by widening fears and feelings of intimidation in dealing with issues related to Islam. And I still believe that this is a topic that we Europeans must confront, challenging moderate Muslims to speak out.

The idea wasn't to provoke gratuitously -- and we certainly didn't intend to trigger violent demonstrations throughout the Muslim world. Our goal was simply to push back self-imposed limits on expression that seemed to be closing in tighter.

At the end of September, a Danish stand-up comedian said in an interview with Jyllands-Posten that he had no problem urinating on the Bible in front of a camera, but he dared not do the same thing with the Koran.

This was the culmination of a series of disturbing instances of self-censorship.

You can read the rest of the explanation here.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
might be a little off topic but.......

----------------------------------------

"Arab and Islamic governments should pressure the United Nations to ban the slandering of religions, said more than 200 Arab politicians who renewed their criticism today of the contentious Prophet Muhammad cartoons.

The call, which was made at the end of a two-day conference at a Dead Sea resort in Jordan, comes amid outrage felt throughout the Islamic world over the publication in a Danish newspaper of a series of cartoons of Islam’s prophet."

breakingnews.iol.ie...

-----------------------------------------------------

some of these religions do more slandering of other religions than the rest of us put together if you include ALL the religions in the protection!!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join