It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Blacks And Asians Riot In Birmingham, England

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
To be honest, an age of consent is a joke in many respects no matter what the age is. If two people, wish to have sex, it is likely they will do no matter their ages - it is just how things work in this world and it is something many people will have to come to deal with.

I highly doubt they were any of the larger Birmingham Gangs, these primariyl are involved in the drug trade and wouldn't risk such "open" warfare, which could result on more Police presence in their area. It is likely minor dealers, along with a few "want to be" gangbangers which is normal in many parts of Birmingham. It is likely, that they ended up doing one thing in a sort of "tit for tat" exchange and it resulted in the rape of this girl. [Do we know if she is related to anyone that riotted?]

This then caused more and more problems till we end up with a riot on our hands.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Turn on the news..

their at it again

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Turn on the news..

their at it again

-shrugs-

I grew up with the I.R.A. bombing where I lived, a riot isn't anything bad.

Let them have their little internal conflicts, the Police will sort it out and if they can't the military will be brought in. It'll last a few days, at most two weeks and they'll go back to normal.

It'd help if the local media didn't focus so much on the "rape" story, thousands of people get raped in the United Kingdom and the story is only helping to force the divide even larger.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Let's rephrase that these are not Asians, they are Indians..... Not considered asians by the people of the orient

Where did you see it reported that they were Indians?
When I see the word Asian in the UK media I usually think of Pakistanis not Indians.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There's video of some of the unrest on the Channel 4 website:
channel4

The people at the press conference in that clip did not look Indian to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
"I agree. that statement that about asians being prone to raping more than any other group is racist. But, you lknow what's intresting about this whole scenario brother? The whites in England have pitted these two groups against each other: You know what's it called DIVIDE & RULE "

I knew someone would say something like this this sooner or later. Perhaps, just perhaps sometimes BLEEP happens. The riots seem more like gang tuff war in the streets spreading into the public. You accusing white Brittons for pitting Asians and Africans is a racist statement .

[edit on C:Sunocu10e10 by Opus]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I knew some one would say this sooner or later. Perhaps just perhaps sometimes BLEEP happens. The riots seem more like gang tuff war in the streets spreading into the public. You accusing white Brittons for pitting Asians and Africans is a racist statement .

ahh I know some of you all who feel offended.. Because it hit right at home...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The whites in England have pitted these two groups against each other: You know what's it called DIVIDE & RULE

That statement is full of crap.
Why do you think the tension between Blacks and Asians is the fault of whites?
Are there no gangs in areas where there are no white people?
Is there no violence in those areas?

Are the whites also responsible for the Arab/African tensions in Sudan?

Perhaps the problem lies with the people committing the crimes.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I knew some one would say this sooner or later. Perhaps just perhaps sometimes BLEEP happens. The riots seem more like gang tuff war in the streets spreading into the public. You accusing white Brittons for pitting Asians and Africans is a racist statement .

ahh I know some of you all who feel offended.. Because it hit right at home...

Hit home, snicker. Anyway Alice you can continue with what ever you want believe fine by me. Continue blaiming whites for these riots and the real issues will never be solved.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The whites in England have pitted these two groups against each other: You know what's it called DIVIDE & RULE

LOL

i was waiting for this to happen, its strange that the BNP hasn't be blamed for this
im starting to believe the statements that multiculturism doesn't work.

Nationalist groups will get more support cause of this now, its the fuel the BNP, NF, WN, etc have been looking forward. Right wing politics in the UK is going to have a field day with these riots

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why is there gang fights in fact why is there hoodies in on the streets of England, because of lack of education, and lack of coordination , and plus the young have nothing to do but just want to be (bad) this incident happened in Perry Bar and I went there and saw the crowd standing there protesting.

The conflict happened because of this 14 year old girl got raped in a shop of an Indian I believe what I heard. No body did any action towards the cruel crime that took place in the shop. These gangs that walk on the streets should be banned from the streets infect if it even takes to young offenders jail that is much better then having this youth starting to destroy the lives of people.

The number of gangs are growing in England

Btw race doesn’t matter in this situation because all gangs that produce violence in any kind are just another sad excuse for why Tony Blair should start thinking of getting them locked up or banned from streets as they just are destroying lives of others. there not being controlled by any body, and most people in UK feel terrified at going out at night because of gangs that cause havoc. Really they have controlled the English population in there grip as they aren’t even controlled by there parents they, know that the authority cant do any thing to them because the are to young.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
"The whites in England have pitted these two groups against each other: You know what's it called DIVIDE & RULE"

We have to forgive the poor lad for making this statement. I do believe this unfortunate soul is stricken with a horrible condition known as Idiot-bloggatosis. It’s a condition where an individual is compelled to make nonsensical blogs on sites such as this. But researcher believe there is hope for a cure.. REALITY

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
OK guys, this is the News Forum, let's keep to higher standards please.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
First, I will say if this event is true, then I am disgusted and feel for the girl and her family.

I am from Birmingham and white, I have no master plan to "DIVIDE & RULE".

I hate Blacks, I hate Asian and shock horror I hate white's, but not all of them, Just the ones who make me look over my shoulder as I pass them. Just the ones that scare my partner and children when they go to the park or shopping.
Every race has its bad seeds, but there is so much more good seed, its just a shame it is lost amongst the gangs,the holigans, the louts and the yobs. They will be weeded out of society sooner or later, but how many will will they corrupt in the mean time.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I live in Birmingham and this kind of news is really no surprise. Just walking through the city centre you see gangs of blacks, asians and whites just waiting to jump someone or pull a knife on a group of kids for their phones.

This city is a joke, maybe bird flu won't be such a bad thing....

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Here we go again...

You know what, those groups of kids are doing nothing wrong by standing in the streets. They can do that. They can hang around outside of shops if they so desire.

STOP PLACING ACTIONS ON TO THEM.

Has anyone bothered to think, that just maybe these people who do nothing wrong get sick of being judged for doing nothing illegal?

Anyone ever think, them getting bothered by the Police, night after night, for doing nothing illegal might end up causing a large problem?

Oh wait...yes...how dare children, stand near a shop.

Stop being a bunch of cowards, for the whole of your life. If you are going to get mugged, it'll probably be because of the amount of fear you have for a group of teenagers...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
You know what, those groups of kids are doing nothing wrong by standing in the streets. They can do that. They can hang around outside of shops if they so desire.

Yes they can hang around on the streets, but when they start hassling the public it becomes acceptable. No, not every kid who hangs round on the street is hassling the public, but in most cases they don't show any respect, spitting, drinking on the street, throwing rocks, might not sound all that bad but when you have a group of ten youths 'hoodied up', they sure don't come across as the brady bunch.

Has anyone bothered to think, that just maybe these people who do nothing wrong get sick of being judged for doing nothing illegal?

Anyone ever think, them getting bothered by the Police, night after night, for doing nothing illegal might end up causing a large problem?

But in most cases they are doing something illegal! Wether it be smoking cannabis, graffiti, breaching the peace, holding a weapon etc they are still doing it and therefore they are getting bothered by the police. I know your going to flame me for saying this, and it is a sad thing to be saying but I would put money on over 90% of 'youths hanging out on the street' to be doing or in connection with something illegal going on. The guys I go to college with hang out on the street and yes they all smoke weed, a lot of them have had a knife on them at one point or another, wether you like it or not it's true.

Stop being a bunch of cowards, for the whole of your life. If you are going to get mugged, it'll probably be because of the amount of fear you have for a group of teenagers...

Hey do you mind if I ask how old you are and where abouts you live?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I grew up in Coventry, I now live just outside Oxford due to University but prior to that I lived in Wolverhampton - in one of these areas where it is assumed all of us took drugs. [When none of my friends did.]

The people you know might mate, I know people who carry knives or guns on them but that is more for their own safety. Many of them think they need those weapons or someone will hurt them. Thing is, many people stand outside shops, smoking and do no harm whatsoever. The idea that things like graffiti or smoking weed around the back of some shops are not a major problem, like it or not. Neither are a few kids swearing or spitting. The problem is, we seem to act like they are "heavy criminals".

We group all of those people who do these actions as being the same instead of them just being people who stand outside a shop and you mate have fallen into the age old trap.

There is no way to know that 90% of them are doing something illegal and if they were all going out to mug someone, rape someone, attack someone the statistics for this Nation would be so much higher.

There is an old sociological theory about deviance, which suggests the more we stigmatize people the more they will begin to act as though we think they are. If we keep punishing kids, because others mug someone you might find they begin to take up that trend as well.

This is the thing, I have walked through some of the worst parts of Birmingham as a teenager, by my self, with headphones in my ear and my hands-free kit connected to my shirt and yet I have never had a problem from anyone. Yeah, I've had kids stop me and ask me to buy them cigarettes, I've seen kids write their names on park benches or on the walls of shops and then I have seen some do the most amazing pieces of artwork that their is. I've seen kids swear at people across the street because those people keep looking at them and I have seen kids playing with knives yet the majority of these people are fine with me and never cause problems. Then on the odd chance one or two do, the majority of their friends tend to step up and stop anything from happening because most of them do not want to get involved in a "life of crime".

Problem is, we are pushing these kids more and more away from the rest of us and we are treating them all as criminals when they have done nothing wrong and the idea that 90% of kids have done some action which has caused harm to society is a joke to be honest.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well you obviously haven't walked through the real bad areas. Take a trip through Handworth, Smethick, Neechals etc and I'm sure you won't find it as 'comfortable'.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Well you obviously haven't walked through the real bad areas. Take a trip through Handworth, Smethick, Neechals etc and I'm sure you won't find it as 'comfortable'.

See...this is part of the problem, you are making out like everyone who walks through the area gets attacked - which we both know can't be true.

And I walk through places like Southwark by myself mate as well as Smethick, since two friends of mine live their. But maybe again part of the problem is my reaction to people.

I actually tend to make chit chat with these groups of kids, last time I was in Southwark, I ended up chatting to a group of hood wearing black kids because one of them was break-dancing. Which I thought he was doing really well...other people walked past and tried to push through them, was rude to them and one guy even said it was disgusting...kids dancing and singing in the street.

But then, I do that in many places - engage with people. Talk to them and I am polite, I do not move around them or try and push through them I am polite enough to ask if they can move and they do.

Maybe, you should stop worrying so much about these groups of kids in these areas and assuming they are so bad without reason?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join