It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Blacks And Asians Riot In Birmingham, England

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That statement is full of crap.
Why do you think the tension between Blacks and Asians is the fault of whites?
Are there no gangs in areas where there are no white people?
Is there no violence in those areas?

Are the whites also responsible for the Arab/African tensions in Sudan?

Perhaps the problem lies with the people committing the crimes.

The tensions between Blacks and Indians or Asians go back to the early 19th century when England was still in control of the West Indies. When slavery was abolished in most of the Caribbean islands the colonies were short of plantation workers because most of the African slaves left for the cities. So to make up for the labor lost the British government along with the East India company brought in Indian and Chinese laborers to Trinidad, Jamaica, Guyana etc to work the plantation's with false promises of free land and a trip back to there homeland . In order to control these to major races in these colonial countries the British divided them and thought them to hate each other. Example: The British would tell the Africans to be careful of the Indians because they are sneaky and they will steal your jobs and take your land. Then they would tell the Indians that the Africans were lazy and would rape there women and rob there homes.

Up to this day in Trinidad, Guyana etc. these tensions are still a major problem. When large groups migrate to Britain, U.S. and Canada from some of the countries mentioned allot of that prejudice and hate goes with them. So this all leads back to DEVIDE AND RULE OR DEVIDE AND CONCUR how ever you want to look at it.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The tensions between Blacks and Indians or Asians go back to the early 19th century when England was still in control of the West Indies. When slavery was abolished in most of the Caribbean islands the colonies were short of plantation workers because most of the African slaves left for the cities. So to make up for the labor lost the British government along with the East India company brought in Indian and Chinese laborers to Trinidad, Jamaica, Guyana etc to work the plantation's with false promises of free land and a trip back to there homeland . In order to control these to major races in these colonial countries the British divided them and thought them to hate each other. Example: The British would tell the Africans to be careful of the Indians because they are sneaky and they will steal your jobs and take your land. Then they would tell the Indians that the Africans were lazy and would rape there women and rob there homes.

Which reaches back to the point the current thing that is happening, right now is because these seeds of discontent has been sown in the past, they are bound to reap what is to come now... Nah but they want to blame it on the non-whites, and it's only the whites act as civil persons..

Brother, i know about the situation in Guyana and Trinidad, I used to live in trinidad...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
That's a pile of crap...

I would put money on many of the "Blacks" and "Asians" which are rioting not having a clue about those problems. Many of the ones involved in the riots, were not immigrants but first or second generation.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

That's a pile of crap...

Put your money on the table.. Sadly you are unaware of this history.... Too bad.. You have only analyse history of once mighty england and not the colonies.. go to sleep

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Put your money on the table.. Sadly you are unaware of this history.... Too bad.. You have only analyse history of once mighty england and not the colonies.. go to sleep

Actually, my History Qualification is on Civil Rights in America.
The British Empire 1800's to 1950.
[And several others]

I know what you are talking about, in fact I have a piece of paper by the Government which says I do. However, it is not something which is spoken of in history till year 14 and since I live on a road with many Asian people and went to School with them, I know the majority are unaware of many of the things which the British Empire did to the Nation's they are from and to them while they were brought over here.

The ones that do know, they moved on and don't give a damn. We can all sit and cry about the millions of our culture killed, being part Native American and part Russian, I can play that game all night long. However, like many people I have moved on.

Also, I would suggest you do not assume the level of historic knowledge I have when I was saying "many [other] people" do not know what happend.

Two plus two is four.

Come on folks, let us watch Barney the Dinosaur.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hello all
Maybe things like this: www.belowtopsecret.com... , could happen in a near future in U.K. if the UK government doesn't put an hold on it now.

Peace
Crustas

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by crustas
Hello all
Maybe things like this: www.belowtopsecret.com... , could happen in a near future in U.K. if the UK government doesn't put an hold on it now.

Peace
Crustas

Yet still I am not worried.
-yawn-

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Originally posted by crustas
Hello all

Peace
Crustas

Yet still I am not worried.
-yawn-

But you should be worried, because those kind of situations are the growing fuel of the right wing factions.

Episodes like those will promote the right wing politics, which in time will grow so big at a point that you cannot do anything at all to reverse it.

Peace
Crustas

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Again with the fear mongering...

People need to stop worrying so much, the day Blacks or Asians targetting white people, for being white, goes higher than the amount of White people attack blacks and/or Asians in the United Kingdom, I will begin to worry until that day...I won't.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Crusader, there is a problem within both Afro carribean and Asian communities with regards to gang rape, that is not to say it is endemic to the whole of these communities but because the powers that be are reluctant to address this issue and the relevent communities are unwilling to also, both for political rather than moral reasons so it goes on unchecked. That is not to say that white people don't commit rape it is just that within these (sub)cultures these things are accepted almost as part of a (sub)cultural expression and that is a problem when such crimes become almost de riguer. Do you think there are circumstances where rape is acceptable, are the actions of white British imperialists a hundred or so years ago enough to justify the actions of these evil, ignorant idiots and is supplying them with excuses really the way both the communities in question and the wider society can solve this problem or should we have honest acknowledgement, as far as I'm concerened rape transcends the sensitive feelings of a few so I choose the latter. By the way most paedophiles are white middle class men, most serial killers are white, working class men, do you feel this is racist, should we blame serfdom and oppressive regimes from the past for their actions, I think not.

I have noticed from your other posts regarding things such as gay rights and interacial marriage that you are hardly a champion of equality for all, perhaps your whole agenda is slanted only to yourself and those like you. In short you harbour ignorant prejudice as much as any redneck.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
When slavery was abolished in most of the Caribbean islands the colonies were short of plantation workers because most of the African slaves left for the cities. So to make up for the labor lost the British government along with the East India company brought in Indian and Chinese laborers to Trinidad, Jamaica, Guyana etc to work the plantation's with false promises of free land and a trip back to there homeland . In order to control these to major races in these colonial countries the British divided them and thought them to hate each other. Example: The British would tell the Africans to be careful of the Indians because they are sneaky and they will steal your jobs and take your land. Then they would tell the Indians that the Africans were lazy and would rape there women and rob there homes.

It seems like there is some grand conspiracy where someone is spreading propaganda against whites in order to turn the world against white people so that they can take their place in the world. Even when a situation does not involve whites they still manage to get the blame.

Maybe it's the Muslims who wish to rule the world again or maybe it was the soviets or anti-colonialists who started it or maybe it's the blacks. I don't know exactly who it is but it's a little strange to put all of this blame on white people while the Muslims and other groups, who did the same thing, get no blame at all for today's problems.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just to clear up the confusion about the age of consent:

The poster was correct in saying the police could take no action. A girl over 14, who has sex with another ( be they over 16 or not) has to be the one to make a complaint for anyone to take action. below that age (14) the parents or any other can make a complaint and the police can take action.

I believe it is called "statutary rape" if you are charged with having sex with a girl over 14. this is because, legally, you have raped her but not in the litteral sense of the word, merely according to the law, as she cannot "give consent" due to being underage.

If a girl does not make a complaint, even if the two are caught in bed bonking like rabbits by Chief Superintendant BigWig, nothing can be done without her say so.

So, word of warning to anyone with a girlfriend below 16....bonk away, but if you piss her off, she can do more than key your car.....

EDIT: to follow on from Odiums statement about just being polite to "hoodies".... I live in West Reading, its pretty bad and lots of "hoodies" about.

On the whole they are fine, normal kids, just like I used to be. Many times, I have been walking with my little girl and they will move out the way to let us pass and on several occasions, some really big scary dudes have told the others off for swearing as there is a little girl around!!

Labelling them all as yobs and hooligans is unfair as mostly they are kids with nothing else to do.

Honestly, some people will complain about kids sitting on a PS2 all day, but when they go out, they have nothing to do and you still moan!! Give them a break!

[edit on 24/10/05 by stumason]

[edit on 24/10/05 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I have noticed from your other posts regarding things such as gay rights and interacial marriage that you are hardly a champion of equality for all, perhaps your whole agenda is slanted only to yourself and those like you. In short you harbour ignorant prejudice as much as any redneck.

On the issue of gay rights, i am against it because of immorality issues, you know that, I don't put moat in my eyes, and say well i am for equality for gays, and all that trash,it's wrong and people have to accept that. I gave credit, when credit is due... Interacial marriages, I have my reasons, which range from ,morality, racism, procreation, attraction, etc, you know because you have read my posts very well. and we have debated.

My whole agenda is slanted towards myself and people who look like me? Yes of course! I am for my people , i can't reject, them, i am black, and I love black people, but that doesn't mean I hae agenda towards other people. you people get offended when the coloureds rise up and defend theirselves.

On the other hand to Ace of Base, It's not a conspiracy against white People. Oh the whites did conspire in the past and continued to do so, you see it every day.(unless your eyes are closed), against coloured people. Maybe it's time for them to rise up and fight the garbage that they have chewn upon for centuries..... Are you saying that these people should be contented and quiet , and be servient?

Odium, oh well one man can't know everything, The paper you get is just a piece of paper. Anyway(never mind the disagreement, you know I will still vote for you.)

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
That's a pile of crap...

I would put money on many of the "Blacks" and "Asians" which are rioting not having a clue about those problems. Many of the ones involved in the riots, were not immigrants but first or second generation.

First and second generation IMMIGRANTS that Emigrated from the West Indies. These problems are not new at all. They were put into the minds of the generations before and it was past down to the current generations now.

I grew up in a Mixed African and Indian neighborhood in Trinidad. I was taught to hate Africans just like they were taught to hate me (I am sure that I am NOTspeaking for all Africans and Indians in Trinidad) we do have a very big mixed population of Africans and Indians(Douglas). The point of this is that even if hate was taught to your ancestors some how it gets past on to you and it is up to you to change. For the record I am married to a woman of African decent.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Killak420]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I spoke to a friend of mine that is from Birmingham today, he didn't go into details but he seemed sure that the rape was not the real reason at all, but that the whole incident is revolving around some drug feud.

Obviously I trust him 100%, but I can't honestly say how accurate that is, but some info more direct from the source to be added in anyway.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader

On the issue of gay rights, i am against it because of immorality issues, you know that, I don't put moat in my eyes, and say well i am for equality for gays, and all that trash,it's wrong and people have to accept that. I gave credit, when credit is due... Interacial marriages, I have my reasons, which range from ,morality, racism, procreation, attraction, etc, you know because you have read my posts very well. and we have debated.

And you fail to see the contradiction in this. If you truly want a society that is equal, inclusive and democratic you have to accept the rights of others no matter how much you dissaprove based on moral, philisophical or political views, not foster grieviance and self entitlement to the exclusion of all else.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm "white". Why weren't we invited to the riot?

Everyone loves a good riot as it is the best way to get a point across while setting a few cars on fire and scoring a new television. Also, it is a good opportunity to shoot those god-awful firemen poking around our burning buildings.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Actually, a vast majority of those that came over are actually from South America and Africa not from the West Indies...

Only a very small percentage of "Blacks" in the United Kingdom can trace themselves back to those Islands but I guess we can over look those points?

In fact, many "Blacks" have lived in the United Kingdom for more than two-generations now...but again, we should over look that as well.

Also, from personnal experience as an immigrant, none of my parents or grand-parents nor aunts or uncles have ever told me to hate American's for what the did or to hate this race...or that race...or someone else for what they did to us.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I spoke to a friend of mine that is from Birmingham today, he didn't go into details but he seemed sure that the rape was not the real reason at all, but that the whole incident is revolving around some drug feud.

Obviously I trust him 100%, but I can't honestly say how accurate that is, but some info more direct from the source to be added in anyway.

It is that...

To be honest, the rape has not been proven.
Nobody has reported anything to the Police. [I checked with friends who are lawyers.]
Friends of mine have been "invited" up from London...

Look at who kept on pushing the idea that it was related to rape... a pro-drug, pirate radio station. Take a look at the area and who controls a lot of the drugs in Birmingham.

I wouldn't be shocked if a few more "people" just "accidently" get "shot" while this goes on. Just...random shootings.

Ox

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
aaaaaaaaahhh Rioting.. .. See, now when it comes to this kinda crap I think the military or Police or whomever should just shoot one of the rioters... And see if that persuades them to stop destroying the property of innocent people.. To hell with arresting them or tear gas.. BAH!.. Tear gas just makes them move down the road a piece and keep going... Shoot them.. they wont do it again!.. Bring in a HIN-D Gunship and wax the lot of them with the mounted minigun.. And bill their families for the time, and the rounds used to kill their rioting children..

Its a pathetic world we live in where the police and the military have no power against the crime it faces..

Now I know Im going to catch hell over this post as so be it.. but these people are destroying property and hurting people.. they arent in a peaceful protest here.. Fight fire with fire.. not fight fire with nerf bats!

Jeff

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join