It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The STS-80 Formation Over Africa

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by geekdiva

Can anyone find any references to the video? It's a bit too technical for me...

The STS-80 footage we are talking about here is only one of many similar UFO events captured by people from NASA TV.

You can go to www.projectprove.com... and watch a hundred or more such " Unknowns" people have recorded live off NASA TV.

This August I personally watched NASA TV on-line and saw several UFOs that are presented as they happened live at the website I mentioned. Plus they also show footage of Ice chips and bolts and astronomic events that are commonly mistaken for UFOs.

Now..., you specifically asked about references , we know the STS - 80 "Formation over Africa" comes from Martin Stubbs a former Cable TV station manger/owner (?) that had recorded thousands of hours of NASA TV on VHS tapes. Martin Stubbs worked with David Serda to analyse Stubbs video archive of NASA TV footage.

The project PROVE site also has a UFO recorded from someone else other than Stubbs from the STS-80 mission and many others. So the project PROVE site reinforces the validity of the Stubbs STS-80 "Formation over Africa" footage.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
this video is impressive. If it was directly taken from NASA without any go betweens or other links then it is even that more compelling. However, you must take all videos/photos with a grain of salt because of the unknown factor. It is simply too easy for someone in this day and age to doctor or hoax any evidence. Anyone with any skill in video/editing software could probably reproduce something like this and have it look genuine. I have been fooled in the past by photos/videos i could have sworn were genuine, but in fact were not. Anyone else feel this way?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't feel this is a case of hoaxing at all. The fact that you're the first person to suggest this, after 5 pages of discussion, and you're not even suggesting it's CGI, but that there's a possibility of every UFO vid being CGI, says something.

I also feel that this kind of phenomenon would be extremely hard to reproduce. The trademark 'out of focus'/'disc with hole' the UFOs does in this vid is absolutely identical to the other UFO clips that's come out of this/these missions. Also there's a lot of 'analog' things going on in these vids wich are hard to reproduce, like lensflares (wich some including me though were UFOs until the camera moved and the flare with it), out of focus effects and general 'crappy quality' effects that in real life are extremely hard to reproduce.

Think about the movie Matrix 3, that had a rediculous budget for the CGI, and they were so proud that the movie would be sporting state-of-the-art CGI rendering, but in the end atleast I could clearly see when it was CGI neos turn to fly around and fight.

On another note, we may also ask ourselfes why the camera turned away in the first place, it's my impression that these are stationary cameras appointed to being the 'rear mirrors' of the craft. Wasn't this mission the last one to have outside cameras streaming information down to earth in this manner, making it impossible for us slapped-jawed jokels to have a look-see at what was going on outside the shuttle? Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
btw. does anyone know the name of that song they play in that clip/ and over on the NASA/UFO site? i like it a lot

goes like "can anybody hear me?"

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon

On another note, we may also ask ourselfes why the camera turned away in the first place, it's my impression that these are stationary cameras appointed to being the 'rear mirrors' of the craft. Wasn't this mission the last one to have outside cameras streaming information down to earth in this manner, making it impossible for us slapped-jawed jokels to have a look-see at what was going on outside the shuttle? Just sayin'.

If you look at all the other NASA T.V. videos , you can see that anytime something really interesting happens (UFOlogically speaking) the cameras almost always are turned away.

The www.projectPROVE.com... site demonstrates this very well IMO.

I don't know if STS -80 was the last mission to stream live video from space. They may have added a delay since then, but even with or without a delay UFOs were visible this August ( STS - 114 ) on the live NASA T.V. video stream.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah. It's really nothing to go on, you can't really prove anything from suspecting it, just assume, wich is what we do best.
Project Prove though, has many times more or less proved that NASA edits what's shown on TV to avoid any unnecessary attention. Doesn't really prove anything, just worth noticing.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Drexon,

Yeah.. I don't really consider any Video footage to be " Proof" .

But when you consider the fact that these objects are seen from NASA T.V. and they defy conventional explanation and NASA is not talking, it is IMO good evidence.

Couple that with the fact that the Hessdalen Project has shown that " Unknown" objects are also present in our atmosphere , and you have very compelling evidence for the existence of UFOs.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Great Video!

Its only a matter of time before the truth is revealed, afterall, its pretty much a mathematical impossibility that we're the only intelligent lifeform.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Hello

Here is one of the best ufo evidence footage. This event is not very known unfortunatelly, because there is almost no informations at all on the web about it.

This Nasa video has been taken during the STS-80 mission. You can see several lights moving, lighting up and forming a perfect circle right above the Earth. Then another ufo coming from space approaches and starts shining right in the middle of the circle. This is probably, for me, the best ufo footage and evidence i have ever seen (and i have seen lots of footage.....).

After the video, you will see an explanation by David Sereda, who has made a smoking gun video called "EVIDENCE: The Case for NASA UFOs", with more unbelievable nasa videos and analysis. Check www.ufonasa.com... if you want more informations.

To download the video, CLICK HERE. File size is 28Mo (Divx5 codec).

Enjoy the evidence

[edit on 10/25/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

These lights look exactly like....
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.ufoevidence.org...

[edit on 7-1-2006 by M4rilyn]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thanks Lost Shaman! Your post was really helpful.

Does anyone know of astronaut discussions of ufo's they've seen while up in space? Have they said anything? Are they under crazy contracts or scare tactics, etc not to?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by M4rilyn
These lights look exactly like....
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.ufoevidence.org...
[edit on 7-1-2006 by M4rilyn]

Hmm the first one just looks like dust on the lens out of focus.

The second is more interesting - it has a strange motion blur effect suggesting rapid movement. Didn't know aliens like to spend their summer holidays sightseeing in Africa

Anyway i've watched the Case for Nasa UFOs video and it is by far the most compelling evidence ive ever seen captured in film. David Sereda doesn't just say "Look, aliens!", he explains how the aliens can travel here. Most of these videos are taken from infra-red cameras, which is interesting because you cant see them on regular camera - Sereda claims the UFOs are in such a hign energy state that they emit light at a wavelength that humans cannot see. This explains how they appear transparent while moving into formation. I highly reccommend anyone midly interested in UFOs to watch the documentary. I can probably find a bittorrent link on request.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Woah! Look closer at the image perspective corrected pic I did..

Notice how 5 of the UFOs make a _perfect_ pentagon shape, and that the top two are just addons, but noneless placed in a circular fashion. Isn't this worth discussing ppl?

I did a little foolin around and noticed that the "top" light seems to be further away than it should. It makes the top of the pentagram or star to be streched out. Mabye this formation is much larger than it seems and the distortion is due to the curve ov the earth?

this is my second post

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I see more of a perfect circular shape, but seen from a slight angle.

Has anybody else heard of the new technology underway where there are cameras on top of aircraft, and on the bottom are displays, and it projects the sky onto the bottom of the craft, making it 'invisible'? Guess where we probably got it from :O.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

Woah! Look closer at the image perspective corrected pic I did..

[im]http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/916/sts80formation23jv.jpg[/img]

Notice how 5 of the UFOs make a _perfect_ pentagon shape, and that the top two are just addons, but noneless placed in a circular fashion. Isn't this worth discussing ppl?

[im]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9634/sts800uw.png[/IMG]
[im]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6476/sts8014ej.png[/IMG]
I did a little foolin around and noticed that the "top" light seems to be further away than it should. It makes the top of the pentagram or star to be streched out. Mabye this formation is much larger than it seems and the distortion is due to the curve ov the earth?

this is my second post

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Tiloke]

I don't claim to be an expert photoshopper, I just fooled around with the 3D and made it look more flat. If you look at the video it actually looks more precise than my photoshop. For instance, in the video the middle UFO looks to be more centered than in the photoshop, go fig. Needless to say it doesn't really matter if it's perfect or not, it's pretty amazing nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Very interesting film!

It looks to me as though the 'things' are being deployed by the shuttle.

Could it possibly be an array of satellites?

We know that arrays of earth based telescopes give much better resolution than a single one. Perhaps this is an array of spy satellites?

I also noticed that the entire film shows a transition from day to night. You can see that the camera itself seems to be in bright sunlight coming from the left to start and then suddenly gets darker.

Could some of the 'flaring' be due to the objects catching the sun as they pass from day to night?

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Mudshark]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Nice try. NEXT!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Great to see the spirit of open minded discussion alive and well. NEXT!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Mudshark,

I don't think Drexon meant any offense. Some of us have talked about these things for awhile now , and there are hundreds of other videos showing similar things. This one video is just one of many.

Also this video was taken over Africa at a time when nothing was being released from the Cargo Bay.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I believe this question came up earlier as well, to wich I responed, and I quote:

Boom, headshot.

I like to joke, even if it is about serious manners.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shamanSome of us have talked about these things for awhile now , and there are hundreds of other videos showing similar things. This one video is just one of many.

Hi Shaman,

Please allow me to add some of my own thoughts, total value 2 cents.

I had a look around to see if I could find any anaylsis of the STS-80 footage which mentioned my observations but couldn't find any. Please accept my apologies if these points have been mentioned before.

I downloaded two copies of the footage.

One is an avi which has footage from space followed by someone drawing on a blackboard. The other is from google and is a montage of various bits of space footage and the STS-80 footage is the last clip.

Both the movies show the same basis footage but the google one is a few seconds longer.

One thing which caught my eye is the end of both the movies. In both cases the shuttle (or the camera) moves slightly. In the google footage you can see a few seconds more of the movement.

When I watch the position of some of the UFO's during the movement there is an enormous amount of parallax evident for such a small change in position.

This suggests to me that some of the UFO's are small things close to the camera rather than large things far away.

If anyone wants more details or some pictures, let me know.

Mudshark

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join