It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The STS-80 Formation Over Africa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ok, I just watched this... and this is better than 100% of all of the UFO Videos I have seen TO DATE.

...which is odd on the formation is created...

Going to watch it again in a bit... heading out for now.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Originally posted by Phood

Hmm, I've wondered about that explanation. Wasn't it that it was probably a meteor which had ice on it, then (when entering the earths atmosphere?) it melted casuing the sudden change of direction, doesn't that make sense(i.e. is it a possible scenario)?
Even though it's slightly suspicious that right after it changed its direction another object comes flying right towards its previous position

Check out Project Prove.

There are strange events from almost every NASA flight. Many of these are even more impressive than the STS 48 stuff.

www.projectprove.com...

That site was very helpfull, lots of good info on these types of things. You know, there are obviously things living on other planets, or deep off in space somewhere, it's just too bad that their to shy to come down here at meet us. Another thing is that it's too bad that most people let religion control their beliefs. And if a UFO landed in front of them, they would have some crazy story or dig up some type of information to discredit it, and call it a fake, because things like that dont exist.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiterabbit29
At between 20-21 seconds into the footage in the middle at the top of the screen a very bright white ball appears from nowhere (it is best to watch this in slow motion if possible or frame by frame as it is more apparent!) It is initially heading towards the sequence below but then sharply curves away from it towards the left and then slowly moves across the screen up to the top left hand side. It then leaves the view of the camera for a couple of seconds but then starts making its way back towards the right as the camera pans out if anybody has any explanations as to what the hell this is then I would love to hear them as I feel this is as amazing as the rest of the footage!

Hello Whiterabbit29

I also had noticed this object. It appears from nowhere, like if it was coming from another dimension or something. Or maybe, the object lowered his frequency and became visible (see David Sereda theory). Anyway it is amazing.

During the same STS-80 mission, lots of objects have been seen appearing exactly the same way. Have a look at the little video here.

[edit on 28/10/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Amazing footage.

Also, David Sereda does an excellent job of trying to explain all of this. If you havent already I strongly recommend getting that "Evidence: The Case for NASA UFOs" video by him. It is excellent and he does a decent job of explaining all the science mumbo-jumbo for the lamen. Someone here posted a good link to a torrent of the video, it's well worth the D/L and by watching it you definitely get a better understanding of the objects in the formation footage. The "tether incident" is definitely the show stopper though...absolutely irrefutable evidence that there's something intelligent up there.

Originally posted by Denied
I wonder what the reason for forming that shape, with the big one in the middle?

It almost looks to be a signal, to show they are intelligent. But then one might ask why not just come down to Earth and formally make themselves known, right? Well obviously, if this is indeed ET's, they're not ready to make themselves known formally. Bottom line is there's no reason not to believe as humans we're unable to speculate on their motives.

Originally posted by Drexon
Hehe, just showed my friend this footage. He absolutely refused to believe. He's a physicist, so he naturally tries to come up with natural explanations, and for this one it was that ice/water particles naturally forms circular patterns... I don't even know what to answer to that. When I asked about the luminescense he said it probably was sunlight reflected in the particles. When I continued to talk about what it'd take for him to actually believe (in what he also complained about), he called me a 'realist' or something like that, someone who believs too much, or just wants to believe and disregards the facts. This from a man whos seen a 'meteor' do 90 degree turns in broad daylight. I've never encountered such stubbornness.

In my experiences, people who behave that way are too AFRAID to believe.

[edit on 29/10/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Ever wonder what the men in the space station are doing?
Do they just wave when all these objects would seemingly be bombarding them?
tis a mystery...

It's not a mystery at all, it's DEBRIS. Nothing more.

People can imagine and fantasize all they want that it's "alien craft" but it's debris. There is NO WAY possible NASA and it's astronauts could keep it a secret if it were aliens.

The space station crews would see them ALL the time and we'd have TONS of footage/photos of them as well. Also think about this, why are all these "alien craft" tiny, indistinct dots and not coming closer to have a look at OUR CRAFT??? Why haven't they came in for a close look at the ISS???

Please....get real.

P.S. To the "staff" of this site, put me on your ignore list. I have a feeling differences of opinions are not welcomed by some of you. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomastro
P.S. To the "staff" of this site, put me on your ignore list. I have a feeling differences of opinions are not welcomed by some of you. Get over it.

On topic, please, Tomastro.

If you're referring to the excessive quote warns... read the thread referenced in the u2u and you'll see that it has NOTHING to do with difference of opinions, and everything to do with making posts easy to read. Yes, that's right. We want people to be able to read what you say, easily.

Now that's enough. Keep it on topic.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I'm afraid to say that your hyphophysis is incorrect, i would like to know how you can substanciate the fact that space Debris can act in this way, your thoughts are injected with a prejudice point of view,
i dont know what it is i'm looking at but i know that its not space debris,
c'mon! dont you think its unusual?
add to the debate without barking.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's no use, iamian. People like Tomastro have already made up their mind. They need not be bothered by things like FACTS, or laws of PHYSICS. They already know that it just couldnt possibly be something fantastic or unexplainable, since in order for something to exist, it has to be explainable by humans! Oh, the arrogance is mind boggling! I see no other explantion for such behavior than simple fear of the possible truth.

Bottom line is while it may not be alien space craft, it surely is NOT your run of the mill space debris. Unless somehow, this space debris develops intelligence and the ability to become luminescent of course. As a matter of fact, I'd believe it was a doctored video before believing it's space debris.

[edit on 31/10/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It should also be noted that these NASA videos are shot in the Ultra-Violet range so the UFOs aren't actually visable via the human eye alone.

These video's aren't B&W, they are Ultra-Violet which contains no colour.

These formations could be occuring above your head right now and you wouldn't know it.

It would be good to get a private satellite up into orbit that's purely standard & UV Cameras filming from all angles and feeding to a public server - there would be a lot more UFO activity caught on film. Anyone got millions of dollers they don't need to put into this???

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well that's just BS if I may say so. I admit that the cameras may be able to catch things in the ultra violet spectrum, but what you're saying is just a thread derail attempt right there. You're saying that the cameras Only catch things in the ultra violet spectrum? Firstly, I don't think there's such a camera in use today, the practicalness of that camera would be zilch. They rely on these cameras to be their eyes outside the craft, when for instance docking with another craft, like MIR or the ISS. Secondly, you're saying that things that give off light in the ultra violet spectrum only, are invisible to the naked eye? Haha, great sci-fi right there. It's like saying I'll become invisible to a dog if I put on a red blanket, because dogs can't see colors. Thirdly, the austronauts on these flights have repeatedly expressed that they also see what the cameras catch.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Drexon,

I don't think that TheShroudOfMemphis is trying to bring down this thread.

I would not be surprised if the footage was filmed in UV.

It would be consistent with the Hessdalen AMS registering Large objects invisible to the Naked Eye.

And halfway through Operation Prato it was discovered that better quality pictures could be taken of the UFOs with UV film.

So even if the film is in the UV spectrum it is still great footage of UFOs.

Plus what space Debris is going to only be visible in the UV spectrum?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I need some help. I downloaded the file, but when I play it all I am getting is audio.

When I look at the download properties all I am seeing is audio files, no video.

Maybe the link is bad.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
bpletcj,

I get the same thing when I download the file, so it's not just you.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I need some help. I downloaded the file, but when I play it all I am getting is audio.
When I look at the download properties all I am seeing is audio files, no video.

I get the same thing when I download the file, so it's not just you.

Hello

The video works fine. You just need to install the Divx 5 Codec to be able to view it. Check www.divx-digest.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Drexon,

I don't think that TheShroudOfMemphis is trying to bring down this thread.

I would not be surprised if the footage was filmed in UV.

It would be consistent with the Hessdalen AMS registering Large objects invisible to the Naked Eye.

And halfway through Operation Prato it was discovered that better quality pictures could be taken of the UFOs with UV film.

So even if the film is in the UV spectrum it is still great footage of UFOs.

Plus what space Debris is going to only be visible in the UV spectrum?

Yeah I know, I'm just overreacting again.
But what I didn't know was that there is UV film, that is, specific film that is film that only picks up light from the UV spectrum. The way he put it was that if I'd paint a bucket with UV paint, the bucket would become totally invisible to the naked eye, wich is false.

*Sigh* It's hard being somewhat of a physicist when you're talking UFOs. You have to bend your beliefs to fit whatever quasi-science UFOs revolve around.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Yeah I know, I'm just overreacting again.
But what I didn't know was that there is UV film, that is, specific film that is film that only picks up light from the UV spectrum.

Drexon, make sure to get that video Evidence - The Case for NASA UFOs by David Sereda (jinj posted a link to a torrent D/L on the 2nd page of this thread). He explains all about the different light spectrums and the reasons why the shuttle cameras record in the UV spectrum. Again, I cannot stress how important it is to this particular discussion that you see that video in it's entirety. It really answers a lot of questions that keep popping up in this thread about the said footage.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Everyday accross the globe, there are unidentified and unexplainalbe objects that appear on radar and satallites. Nasa and the gov. know exactly what they are, but the reason they wont tell you, is because of the consiquence of humans and the way they think and react to things.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
that is quit an amazing video.I am starting to think that ufos can turn invisable and that the are trying to make contact with or space shuttles since alot of great ufo evidence are captuerd by the shuttles almost as if the ufos want the shuttles to see them

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Quite an amazing video indeed, but not because of the UFO footage...it was because of the man presenting it. Oh man,was he ever hot! He looks like Chris Carrabba from Dashboard Confessional.

UFOs? What UFOs?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

People like you should be banned for their ignorance.

As for the thread in general, great videos guys/girls
I remember the STS video and nasa saying it was the rocket boosters firing which causes that flash, no idea if that's true, doesn't really explain the object exiting earth's atmosphere.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join