It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The STS-80 Formation Over Africa

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Awesome, thanks.

I think its important to first let everyone who interested see this first. I believe this will naturally happen, then, educate the masses.
The more teachers there are - the better and easier.

iamian - thanks again for your other video too.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredH
great vid, but one thing really perplexes me. if ufo`s are out there and trying to draw attention to themselves, why don`t they just park over a few capital cities? a lot quicker and a darn sight more obvious.

To put it simply, "Boom, headshot!".
But seriously, I don't think they're ready to make contact. It's like they're living in a democracy, everyone has to decide on it before it happens. The footage discussed in this thread was probably some rouge kids out to play.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I wonder what the reason for forming that shape, with the big one in the middle?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
This video clearly shows translucent objects in space.

I thought the same thing. Anyone else notice, right at the beginning of the video, in the upper right hand corner. The ball starts out fairly large and translucent then moves toward the lower left hand corner. If you continue to watch it, you can follow it until it stops, then it materializes when others join the formation. Very strange. I am unable to do a capture because it comes out black. Can someone tell me how they are doing it?

I would like verification that the video hasn't been tampered with, and if so this is very cool.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Woah! Look closer at the image perspective corrected pic I did..

Notice how 5 of the UFOs make a _perfect_ pentagon shape, and that the top two are just addons, but noneless placed in a circular fashion. Isn't this worth discussing ppl?

Great work Drexon
This is a perfect pentagon indeed. Thanks

Originally posted by Hal9000
I am unable to do a capture because it comes out black. Can someone tell me how they are doing it?

I use Virtual Dub. It's a great software, free, very light and easy to install. Check it out at www.virtualdub.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
hey guys!

has ne1 seen the 2hour video by david sereda? i have its an interesting watch explains away most theiories about what they could be if any1 has a torrents search engine you can find the entire video atEvidence the case for NASA ufos

.peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting. Explain to me though, as a newbie, why this couldn't be spacedebris? Sure, it's in a formation, couldn't it just be coincidence?
What I mean is, could rocks behave like that, theoretically?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phood
why this couldn't be spacedebris?

Space debris and ice particles usually follow Newton's Third Law of Physics, where objects that are in motion, tend to stay in motion. These things are moving in different directions to the formation then stopping. They also change in brightness.

I would still like more info on the video. I wonder if the video speed is real-time or slowed down. I ask because it doesn't look like the Earth is moving too much. With other videos from orbit, you can see the motion of the Earth below. These things look like they are in a parallel flight path with the Shuttle because they don't appear to be moving relative to it. This makes me wonder if it is digitally created. I would like some confirmation, but I'm too busy to look.

Do they have the raw footage in that NASA CD?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Isn't there anyway to check with NASA?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
wow lots of great videos in here. I always take these much more seriously because they are from NASA... and i doubt they would hoax something like this

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Do they have the raw footage in that NASA CD?

I am refering to the video available from the link Musclor provided. ufonasa.terra-ent.com...
The author is David Sereda, so the video is from him and did not come directly from NASA. How he got the video I don't know. I would just like to see the raw footage before getting too carried away. Not that I think it is hoaxed, just checking.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hal9000,

From what I can tell the Video comes from Martin Stubbs.

Martin Stubbs is a former cable TV station manager from Vancouver in Canada who, over a period of five years, used his station’s satellite array to record 2,500 hours of space shuttle transmissions via NASA’s downlink.

From what I understand you can order video's straight from NASA , however when these video's were requested from NASA by other researchers NASA claimed not to have any of these.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
lost_shaman, you beat me on this one
I was about to post the exact same thing. Yes, this is direct raw footage recorded during live nasa broadcasts in the nineties.

Quote of David Sereda :

In 1994, I was approached by a professional photographer named Michael Boyle and Martyn Stubbs, a program manager of a cable TV station in Vancouver, Canada, to conduct a scientific investigation into NASA UFO phenomena. Stubbs had recorded and archived thousands of hours of space shuttle mission video during live broadcasts throughout the 1990s at his cable TV station. He started to catalog scenes of what appeared to be UFOs flying in close proximity to Earth during the missions. I saw the tapes and started a dialog at NASA with many of their top scientists.

[edit on 26/10/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just thought If anybody was interested there is a 1 1/2 hour Documentary called: The Secret NASA Transmissions: The Smoking Gun! This is basically a full interview with Martin Stubbs and he explains how he collected and analyzed the footage there are many more fantastic pieces of footage in it! It is available via usual torrent process!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I cant get the video for some reason, but can someone tell me what about these things look like? Is there any color in the vid? I ask because i saw a UFO the other night, from the ground, that looks very similar to those. It was a bright red colored ball, and the light on it faded in and out. (But didnt blink) It manuevered to crazily to be anything manmade, and at too high of speeds (Just ask about it and i'll tell you more. Im not going to waste my time talking if nobody cares.)

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hehe, just showed my friend this footage. He absolutely refused to believe. He's a physicist, so he naturally tries to come up with natural explanations, and for this one it was that ice/water particles naturally forms circular patterns... I don't even know what to answer to that. When I asked about the luminescense he said it probably was sunlight reflected in the particles. When I continued to talk about what it'd take for him to actually believe (in what he also complained about), he called me a 'realist' or something like that, someone who believs too much, or just wants to believe and disregards the facts. This from a man whos seen a 'meteor' do 90 degree turns in broad daylight. I've never encountered such stubbornness.

BTW. I tried re-doing that image perspective thing in PSP but to no avail, it pretty much came out the same way, with the perfect pentagon shape, but the center piece a little off. I blame my poor PSP skills as it looks as if the center piece is really centered perfectly in the video, oh well.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
I use Virtual Dub. It's a great software, free, very light and easy to install. Check it out at www.virtualdub.org...

Thanks, it works great.

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Hal9000,

From what I can tell the Video comes from Martin Stubbs.

Martin Stubbs is a former cable TV station manager from Vancouver in Canada who, over a period of five years, used his station’s satellite array to record 2,500 hours of space shuttle transmissions via NASA’s downlink.

From what I understand you can order video's straight from NASA , however when these video's were requested from NASA by other researchers NASA claimed not to have any of these.

Dang, you sure are smart,
Thanks.

So Stubbs pirated the signal, and NASA says it never happened. Typical response.

Now that I was able to do some captures, this is what I was refering to earlier about the translucent object. Right at the beginning of the video, you can see one of the objects up close. I drew an arrow in the direction it is moving.

A few seconds later, it is hard to see, but you can still follow it.

If you keep watching it, it stops.

Finally, it becomes illuminated.

IMO, this is as important as the formation, because it came very close to the shuttle. Also after watching it again, the Earth is moving, but the formation stays in a relative position in orbit with the shuttle, and not over a position relative to the Earth. I'm not sure if that means anything, just an observation. It is hard to figure out what these things are doing. This video is definitely interesting.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That's right Hal if the object is in motion it should stay in motion. For the object to become stationary from the cameras view point the object would have had to alter its course and speed to pace the shuttle.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Amazing footage probally the best ufo video I've seen since I came to ATS.We've really come a long way from the traditional saucer sightings,I mean these thing were semi-traslucent or to use a common term from star trek "out of phase"

I've never seen anything like that before.

I betting the skeptics are gonna have a hard time with this, because I bloody am .

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sorry see new thread soon!

[edit on 27-10-2005 by Whiterabbit29]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join