It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The STS-80 Formation Over Africa

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

1ofthe9

Yeah. I jumped in before considering that. My apologies folks.

This is a live discussion thread, not a oral examination of a graduate thesis. We get ideas out fast so others can respond, and build on the blizzard of ideas.

Old Mission Control saying: "The 'better' is the enemy of 'the good'".

The key idea here is important -- what other observers might be available, in general. Discussing the 'Skylab squiggle photo is a good example. If it really WERE that far away and that big, and was nearby for so long, it would have been day sky visible across vast populated regions. Ditto the STS-75 tether 'giant saucers' passing behind [apparently] the tether. People on the ground OUGHT to have seen them if the size was so humongous.
edit on 18-11-2013 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I was under the impression that ultraviolet spectrum is 1-400 nm while the human eye can see the spectrum of 380-750 , or am I mistaken ?

im sorry but there are too many random things that "might happen" that happenקג at the same time , wouldnt you agree ?

1. The commet or astroid in the begining.
2. the fact that 9-12 of these particles appear out of nowhere in a 2 min period.
3. the fact that they DO form a sort of circle.
4. the fact that they stop moving after forming said circle and maintain thier position for several long seconds ( can objects in space just STOP moving ? )
5. the fact that 1 of the particles comes to the middle AFTER all the others form said circle , and flashes.

all of these things just happened randomly and happen all the time ? come on!

Also I was under the impression the camera did film in ultraviolet ,if not why is the quality so crap and it's in black and white ?

and the "why no one reported seeing something from the ground" answer is not an answer.
people see things all the time , In africa how many people get the chance to report something ? or has the means to do so ? or just plain and simple ignore it ? I believe it happens all the time.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Shimi8787 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2013 by Shimi8787 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Shimi8787
reply to post by JimOberg

I was under the impression that ultraviolet spectrum is 1-400 nm while the human eye can see the spectrum of 380-750 , or am I mistaken ?

im sorry but there are too many random things that "might happen" that happenקג at the same time , wouldnt you agree ?

These questions are frequently asked, so I composed my '99 FAQs about space ufo videos' at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html, which I hope are useful to you -- and I'll be glad to talk about any follow-up questions.

Why do you assume that if the objects were visible in a UV camera they would NOT be visible in visible light?

Have you seen crewman Tom Jones' home page discussion of this video?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
STS-80 astronaut Tom Jones has restarted his blog discussion of the UFO video, here's a chance to interact with a first-hand witness. skywalking1.wordpress.com...

Here’s the first discussion he hosted, in April-May 2011: skywalking1.wordpress.com...

I would also strongly suggest looking over the spaceflight operations background material at www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Another diversion..yeah..go read another government worker debunk this..one more time!!

Nobody is going to say "I saw UFOs".... example... the Russian minister who runs the military, when shown the USA Sat.photos of their tanks gathering for a possible invasion... said skeptically, that all he saw was a shot of a video game!!

Jim has a role & so do all his "official" buddies at NASA.....Shut down these NASA UFO videos. Beware of his invitation to go to his site & away from any actual open minded thought, like right here right now..at ATS.

I have Martyn Stubbs 99 Proof of UFOs. These 99 UFO video 'skepticbusters' would get posted here ASAP but putting in the you tube ID# does not work like it did..so mine will not appear, despite all efforts. Anyone..what has changed?? I want to put these up but how?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hi, Martyn. Sorry you don't feel like talking to first-hand witnesses about these events.

Even Mitchell and Cooper made it clear there were no 'UFO secrets' when they were at NASA and they never were under any constraints about talking about anything they saw in space or elsewhere.

When you post your examples of proofs, please be sure to include basic information such as date/time of the event and the voice track too so interested investigators can find the contextual information that could lead to prosaic explanations.

UPDATE: I see you posted four old space UFOs on youtube today [search 'stubbs' and sort by date], without any change in old habits: no date/time info, no first-hand witnesses, no hint at legitimate, serious investigation.
edit on 10-9-2014 by JimOberg because: update

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: buzzEmiller
a reply to: JimOberg

Another diversion..yeah..go read another government worker debunk this..one more time!!

Nobody is going to say "I saw UFOs".... example... the Russian minister who runs the military, when shown the USA Sat.photos of their tanks gathering for a possible invasion... said skeptically, that all he saw was a shot of a video game!!

Jim has a role & so do all his "official" buddies at NASA.....Shut down these NASA UFO videos. Beware of his invitation to go to his site & away from any actual open minded thought, like right here right now..at ATS.

I have Martyn Stubbs 99 Proof of UFOs. These 99 UFO video 'skepticbusters' would get posted here ASAP but putting in the you tube ID# does not work like it did..so mine will not appear, despite all efforts. Anyone..what has changed?? I want to put these up but how?

Martyn try to post the video as usual but put the youtube link underneath in case the video doesn't show

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Hi, Martyn. Sorry you don't feel like talking to first-hand witnesses about these events.

Even Mitchell and Cooper made it clear there were no 'UFO secrets' when they were at NASA and they never were under any constraints about talking about anything they saw in space or elsewhere.

When you post your examples of proofs, please be sure to include basic information such as date/time of the event and the voice track too so interested investigators can find the contextual information that could lead to prosaic explanations.

UPDATE: I see you posted four old space UFOs on youtube today [search 'stubbs' and sort by date], without any change in old habits: no date/time info, no first-hand witnesses, no hint at legitimate, serious investigation.

Here's a first-hand witness for you: I'm working from memory because I don't have the taped sequence handy but it's been seen my millions around the world so it's reality, if the video represents such, cannot be contested. The footage is of an astronaut working outside the shuttle's cargo bay and tethered to a contraption. In the distance behind the astronaut a white "orb" is seen materializing and starts blinking. The voiceover, presumably from either inside the shuttle or in an earth control room, alerts the astronaut to the blinking light. The astronaut either does not want to be bothered to look or is really not able to and says something to the effect of "I don't know what you're talking about" and the voiceover replies "Never mind".

Do you think that the astronaut was being alerted to an ice crystal or debris? Would it be necessary to do so?

There are a ton of NASA videos showing anomalous phenomena which astronauts miss seeing because they're busy with their duties. These astronauts cannot be used as witnesses. So we the viewers have our opinions on what we think the objects are and the ice crystals, debris, etc., explanation is weak. When logic, common sense and reason are violated the violators' credentials are immaterial.

When one sees shuttle dumps and one sees the stuff being ejected en masse one doesn't see white "orbs" moving as if they were controlled and forming groups which are zoomed in, etc., etc.

Sorry explanations are just that, sorry explanations.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uggielicious

Here's a first-hand witness for you: I'm working from memory because I don't have the taped sequence handy but it's been seen my millions around the world so it's reality, if the video represents such, cannot be contested. The footage is of an astronaut working outside the shuttle's cargo bay and tethered to a contraption. In the distance behind the astronaut a white "orb" is seen materializing and starts blinking. The voiceover, presumably from either inside the shuttle or in an earth control room, alerts the astronaut to the blinking light. The astronaut either does not want to be bothered to look or is really not able to and says something to the effect of "I don't know what you're talking about" and the voiceover replies "Never mind".

Do you think that the astronaut was being alerted to an ice crystal or debris? Would it be necessary to do so?

There are a ton of NASA videos showing anomalous phenomena which astronauts miss seeing because they're busy with their duties. These astronauts cannot be used as witnesses. So we the viewers have our opinions on what we think the objects are and the ice crystals, debris, etc., explanation is weak. When logic, common sense and reason are violated the violators' credentials are immaterial.,,,

I know the video. You are not reporting what you saw, but what you want it to have been, something deliciously exciting to believe in.

Instead of 'materializing', how about more accurately saying 'becoming visible', as in, say, emerging from shadow into sunlight. For 'blinking', an active deliberate verb, how about slowly tumbling in the sunlight? Who is more likely to correctly interpret unearthly visual apparitions, people who have been there or people who don't know the environment but watch it on TV? In the end, it's a sad excuse to refuse to even discuss it with one of the astronauts who was there.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uggielicious

There are a ton of NASA videos showing anomalous phenomena which astronauts miss seeing because they're busy with their duties. These astronauts cannot be used as witnesses. So we the viewers have our opinions on what we think the objects are and the ice crystals, debris, etc., explanation is weak. When logic, common sense and reason are violated the violators' credentials are immaterial.,,,

I know the video. You are not reporting what you saw, but what you want it to have been, something deliciously exciting to believe in.

Instead of 'materializing', how about more accurately saying 'becoming visible', as in, say, emerging from shadow into sunlight. For 'blinking', an active deliberate verb, how about slowly tumbling in the sunlight? Who is more likely to correctly interpret unearthly visual apparitions, people who have been there or people who don't know the environment but watch it on TV? In the end, it's a sad excuse to refuse to even discuss it with one of the astronauts who was there.

First, I do not have a belief system so I do not believe. I either know or I don't know. You are correct in that I should not have used "materialising" but becoming visible. BUT, if the object was not debris or an ice crystal but an object similar to all of the other objects that generate their own light. It wasn't "tumbling in the sunlight" but had a smooth straight-ahead motion. There are a ton of worldwide videos where objects are shown blinking on and off.

Below is a transcript of the conversation between tethered astronaut Mark (Kelly or Polanski, I don't know which) and possibly another astronaut in the shuttle and/or with ground control. The conversation is difficult to understand so the following is approximately what is heard.

But, first, why should an astronaut need to be told to look for or at an ice crystal/debris, even if it's a camera lens filter? Doesn't sound logical. And Mark's reply makes me think that he doesn't want to be involved in what sounds like a UFO - OBJECT! "Out there."!

Voiceover: "Crewmembers continue with this rescue demonstration of the safer unit Discovery is crossing the North Sea portion of Europe and just about to move from sunlight into sunset thus the blooming effect of the camera lens."

Either from inside the shuttle or from Earth: "Looks like you got an object right in front of you, Mark, can you look out there?"

Reply, garbled beginning: "...you talking about."

Reply to Mark: "Never mind."

Mark: "Am I missing something? I don't see anything."

Reply to Mark: "Yeah, we think the camera filter came off, Mark. It's about your, ah, about your 10 o'clock, 11 o'clock going away, don't worry about it. ... Don't worry about it."

Control: "Discovery, we're sending you an order to stay vector."

Reply to above order: "Copy."

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
"Control: "Discovery, we're sending you an order to stay vector." "

This is a famous misinterpretation encouraged by a subconscious desire to hear delicious cover-up evidence.

What the capcom was saying was routine.

"We're sending you an orbiter state vector", which occurs many times a day during normal operations. The console next to mine down in the 'Trench' was responsible for this.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've not read the whole thread yet, but I wonder if someone could point me in the direction of a NASA/ufo video I've been looking for for some time now.

What's interesting about it is the audio from someone at Houston who is talking to one of the astronauts live, and actually asks him to: "stop filming the UFO" or something very similar to this. And in the video shot, you do see something which could be described as a flying saucer entering the frame and leaving the frame too.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
By the way, I know the above description might sound ludicrous and unrealistic, but I know I'm not making it up or mis-remembering it.

The video does exist. (I guess the debate of whether it's real or a hoax is still up for debate, bu the video and content as described does exist, I just can't remember where).

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wow both links the OP started with are gone.
That was fast.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

"Control: "Discovery, we're sending you an order to stay vector." "

This is a famous misinterpretation encouraged by a subconscious desire to hear delicious cover-up evidence.

Why do you express yourself in such a distasteful manner? I qualified the comments by stating: "The conversation is difficult to understand so the following is approximately what is heard." It's what I heard! My error was an audible one, not a "subconscious desire" for anything. A psychologist/psychiatrist you are not. You should have included the garbled portion of Mark's comment. And also tell us which Mark it was. Criticism is always welcome, in the right place.

What the capcom was saying was routine.

"We're sending you an orbiter state vector", which occurs many times a day during normal operations. The console next to mine down in the 'Trench' was responsible for this.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The "order to stay vector" is a fairly common misinterpretation of the phrase. I didn't mean to single anyone out.

add links

order to stay vector

www.youtube.com...
in header and comments

discussion on ATS in 2009
www.abovetopsecret.com...

soundcloud.com...

Post by Nephilim on Jun 23rd, 2007, 05:08am
ufocasebook.conforums.com...
then control room below tells them to stay vector, shut up [per say], stay on course, continue with what you are supposed to do. And then they continue as if nothing happened, yet it is right on tape, audio, video, and you see the object they are referring to.

edit on 13-9-2014 by JimOberg because: add concrete examples

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScion
I've not read the whole thread yet, but I wonder if someone could point me in the direction of a NASA/ufo video I've been looking for for some time now.

What's interesting about it is the audio from someone at Houston who is talking to one of the astronauts live, and actually asks him to: "stop filming the UFO" or something very similar to this. And in the video shot, you do see something which could be described as a flying saucer entering the frame and leaving the frame too.

Anyone know the above video I was previously alluding to?

I would really love to find it again and here people's thoughts on it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Sorry, doesn't ring a bell, it might have been a 'reenactment' of some fantasy.

The problem is bigger than this. Most youtube videos and cable documentaries intentionally withhold identification information on videos re date/time of the events, sadly.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Rings a bell could be from the Gemini Missions those astronauts saw some unexplained stuff up there.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Musclor

OP

what is really going to bak your noodle is

is it "theirs" or "ours"

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join