It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Dragons?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Full Metal

srry full metal but i would hav to say the dragon is fake because it is far to small to even hav been a baby dragon when it died

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

enjoy your cold, boring world :\

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think the first ideas/visions of dragons came from nightly views of the milky way in ancient time

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Dragons must be real, it would explain the scarcity of
Platinum, they gobbled it all up years ago. Maybe that's
why Platinum is found in small deposits all over the world...
because Dragons can fly and eat it everywhere.

Although I've never heard of a Drogon in the North Pole
where Santa lives, the problem with the boiling blood and
freezing of scales may well be a contribution, so Platinum
may be abundant in the poles.

Maybe that's why goat's milk is good for us, all that
Platinum.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I found a few links dealing with dragons even the special that was aired on History channel (I'll find the youtube video for it later, and furthermore I'd like to apologize if some of these links offend some people because it has some Christian things in it.)

www.creationists.org...
shop.history.com...

The quest for Dragons (History Channel)
www.youtube.com... -part 1
www.youtube.com... - Part 2
www.youtube.com... - Part 3
www.youtube.com... - Part 4
www.youtube.com... - Part 5.

Though I'd like to add the videos isn't 'Proof' persay, but CGI mixed in with various cultures beliefs on the notion of dragons.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by LokMessier]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by devious mind

I have one question regarding this awesome fire breathing flying reptile: How and from where does this dragon EAT PLATINUM? Would it taste good to the dragon or was it REEEEEEL HUNGRY? I thought one had to mine and smelt for platinum rather than to find and pick it up like a stone. Then maybe the dragon could exert hydrogen from a separate gland in it's mouth ONLY as it EXHALES only, or the dragon will have a real bad day.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by defendant

Using it's fiery breath, it could probably melt the
Platinum and then 'drink' it like goat's milk. They
may well have sensing devices in their head to locate
the stuff, and of course, to cover such a large area,
they would have to be able to fly.

It makes sense now.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm going to be a paleontologist and I'm planning on studying the evolution path of the dragon. Perhaps I could discover if they really were real or not. I'm going to use 'Dragons, a fantasy made real' as my sorce...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
There is a lot of possibility they exsist.. think of a bird.. they contain air sacs inside of them. extentions of the lungs.

kids.britannica.com...

Now, Think of a massive animal such as a dragon.. imagine how big its air sacs could be.. allowing more lift. now there is a bettal and a lizard that produce a bacteria reaction that produces hydrogen and hydrogen sulfate even methane people produce these as well. Now, for the metal platinum.

I does occur in the soil and is not the only element reactive to hydrogen.. there are even some acids that ignite hydrogen oxygen. believe it of not people and almost all animals have some degree of platinum or these explosive chemicals/acids. so imagine.. a creature with such strong acids and light gas componds dying. Brown bears and birds for exsample can complketely decompose within a very short time. so Dragon could theoretically decompose quite fast due to the required gases to create flames.. Also, in order to be able too swoop down to pray they would have to release some of these gases.. just like birds, What better way to kill a fleeing enemy by burning it alive when your exsosting your poyency or your just so massive a ground chance would be Acward...

go to this site as well..

www.valserrie.com...

Hope that helpas you non believers
and for you who are hopeful!

Cheers, (K)

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan
reply to post by defendant

Using it's fiery breath, it could probably melt the
Platinum and then 'drink' it like goat's milk. They
may well have sensing devices in their head to locate
the stuff, and of course, to cover such a large area,
they would have to be able to fly.

It makes sense now.

How could it use its fiery breath to melt the platinum if it didn't already have the platinum in the first place? And dragons would've had to evolve the desire to store platinum in their mouths, but personally I can't imagine the scenario which made dragons discover that platinum in mouth=fire. They have no reason to be biting into rocks, unless they were snapping at prey then missed and bit the rock instead, or something. I just don't think the platinum theory is necessarily the best way to describe how they breathe fire, especially since there are many other possible chemical reactions that produce fire.

I thought the idea of having "sensing devices in their heads" to find the platinum was interesting though because it reminds me of birds being able to sense the earth's magnetic field in order to migrate. So it's possible that dragons are able to use that type of navigation to focus on the specific metal or mineral they need to breathe fire. It seems like most stories about dragons describe them to be somewhat anatomically similar to birds (hollow bones, wings, talons, etc.) so maybe this is another similarity.

I love the idea of dragons, but this is my first post so what do I know haha

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
one of those documentaries theorized the dragon stories were based on an actual reptile with 'wings' (skin flaps like a flying squirrel) which would climb up high places (tree, cliff) and glide down on it's prey (deer, people).
the 'fire breath' might have been biochemical.

of course, if *Science* says dragons never existed, the rest of us must be wrong!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If dragons truly were real, I'm sure they'd be in the form of lizard type animals right now. I have a feeling dragons may have existed during the dinosaur times though, you never know...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join