It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Dragons?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
well you see, while helium would make it a bit lighter, it still wouldn't be light enough to lift it's tremendous girth. besides, according to that guy, it's hydrogen, not helium.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Dragons are cool, and I'd love it if they were ever real. I belive at some point there must have been some sort of dragon like creature that could fly. Wether or not it could breath fire is another thing. Although the theory of fire breathing is cool I have yet seen or heard of any credible theories on how they would be able to breathe fire. But I am far from well educated on the area.

I base all my knowledge on imagination, although the human imagination is limited, our brain is very much cabable of creating vast and impossible things with our minds. So I usually put my trust with whoever can match our imagination with science and provide evidence of those facts.

When it comes to dragons, I belive the dragon can be small, but dangerous. Not necessarily massive, big boned bastard. It could be snake like, bird like, with feathers or even bat like. My guess goes with the feathers. I remember not to long ago when some paleantologists(?) found fossils of a small bird like dinosaur with wings and feathers.

But why don't we just let dragons be a figment of our own imagination, a mythical beast cabable of taking any form our minds choose to give them.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
maybe not of the firebreathing/flying variety, but dragons being of reptile form (that's right, right? Or I'm probably lost as per....nothing new there though haha!) are cold blooded.

But anyways, I think that there was some sort of Dragon like Dino back in the day that has just evolved in time and adapted to change, just like man has from 'monkey' - although I still have a tendency to swing from trees at the tender age of 24 - some might say I've not quite evolved, lol! (OK, I was only joking, but hey - maybe I should, heh heh!)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I believe I know what show your talking about and the whole show is a 'what if?' show. Meaning that they were acting like dragons really did exist and they were studying them like dinosaurs of something. Or maybe that was the one on discovery channel..hmm? Any who its not real.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
exactly. although i'm guilty of being one of them who finds them kinda shows interesting and thinking afterwards "wouldn't it be cool if they really existed?!" haha! me = lame!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Well then I'm lame to. I love these shows especially since shows like these can lead to questions like..well what if? Then next thing you know we're talking about it on ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
*i secretly love being lame* hahaha!

ahh, i do like being me really!!!

(you're my new lame friend, yey! i really need to act my age though....oh well, one day!)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Dragons probably existed because they're related to Goats.
I personally have not actually seen a Dragon, but the beady,
'I'm watchin' you' eyes of Goats show the connection to
the Dragon that was in DragonSlayer.
Okay... so a Goat doesn't speak like Sean Connery, as far as
I know, but the idea of a winged Goat is not too far a point to
stretch.

I can only guess that the Producers of DragonSlayer did
some background studies about the extinct reptile and that is
how they arrived with such a ferocious creature.

Goats must have lost there wings, maybe they found it easier
to scramble around on mountain sides or maybe our ancestors
bred the wings out of them.
The Goat's beard could well be the corrupted idea of fire from
it's mouth... maybe?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
cool post

i saw the article where they guy created it and hoaxed it. does anyone know how he did it? i would like to try it myself.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
look very closely, it's pixelated yet the jar is not, therefor....PHOTOSHOP, therefor....FAKE

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rezrect

Er... that's a real model of a dragon embryo. It's not debated, it was created by a fellow to push his book.

PS:
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 17-9-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IronMan

I have a goat - actually 4 of them - not as strange as it sounds because I live in the country and drive to work in the city - worst of both worlds - just kidding...

Anyway...my goats are pigmy and 2 of the pigmy's are fainting goats - they do have funky scary eyes - almost....well dragon like so I recant what I said early here in this thread.

(in my best Sean Connery voice ) BEWARE THE DRAGON-GOATS, THEY SHALL GO FORTH AND SMITE - AND EAT GRASS.

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
man...here on Brazil we see almost everything!(yes,i'm brazilian
:up

i've seen dragons,mermaids,UFO's,aliens...Yes,dragons and werewolfs do Exist!but they dont like humans.how i know that
?simple,i'm a werewolf!and i know dragons and mermaids!but i've never talked to an alien.I,ve seen a lot of dragons on their real form.their temprament are like the one of the horses.Sadly i was alone all the time and i was without my camera.Mermaids are just like the humans.werewolfs are like the humans too.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Pickled Dragon. Yummy.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
if dragons were real then why don;t they re -animate them or clone them? if dragons can be domesticated it would make the coolist pet in the world!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I saw something on the history channel, it was amazing. The same gas we 'pass' that can potentially kill us, they store it. Im not sure if its in their bladder, but they digest and store a gas from 'platinum'. If I can recall correctly, it was a different special 'sack'. The fossil they found was in alaska, I believe. Nice post, if you deny their existence, research more. Start with myth and end with historical facts.

--PEACE-LOVE--

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
as for the person who said that explorers made these stories up to appear more heroic, perhaps you should do a little research. It is pretty commonly known that giant squids are in existance, perhaps not to the proportions that they were described, but i have no doubt that even you have elaborated some story or another. I would suggest you look things over before you attempt to dethrone the beliefs of others.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I suppose its characteristics are like a dragon, but my guess is it is an ancient dinosaur!

Or a realy good "Hoax".

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by devious mind

hey but one is true here the aproacracy is a combo of a dino,and a bird,and it has effects of both but dont know what it is. I totaly agree why couldent have feathers i think that may be the link to have a dragon but i dont think the scientist's sutdying it have even thought about classifying it as a dragon just wanted to tell you this maybe you know something about this? reply this back to me at [email protected] would be much apprectiated.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i jsut spoted a real dragon in my back yard, eating the grass! it wasnt big or small, it was like a medium sized dragon!when i was looking at it, a few moments later it spoted me! it roard its masive roar (even my parents herd it!)then it flew away! my parents came out and i told them everything i saw heard and felt! it was awsome! and cinda scary to.................

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join