It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Dragons?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ok, watching History Channel and they had a thing on dragons. They then show a pickeld dragon, they don't say if real or fake, just show it. It looks real, the Museum of History in England wanted to study it, the documents that came with it described how it was caught/made making it centuries of years old. Yet they don't say if it was real or not!!!!!!! So I got pictures of it to show you.

www.wilsonsalmanac.com...
www.crawley-creatures.com...
www3.telus.net...

Is it real!!!!! I really want to know.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It was a hoax

An author who was so desperate to get his book published faked it. Allistair Mitchell's first book was turned down by 7 publishers and 36 literary agents, he didn't let that stop him. He pretended that he had found a baby dragon in a jar, complete with wings, and this propelled his book, Unearthly History (about dragons) into a huge marketing deal with book chain Waterstones

news.bbc.co.uk...

Dragons were real just not in the way we invision then today

[edit on 7-10-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
well it can very well be scientifically explained how dragons are real.
1st. the fire breathing of a dragon as is in many of the myths is quite simple. platinum metal combined with some hydrogen and boom fire now that rouses another question how can a dragon have hydrogen and platinum in its mouth of body. simple they could have a glan that produces hydrogen and for the platinum, well obviously they have hard teeth they simply could have taken chunks of platinum and stored it in the back of their mouth.
2nd. the flying can be easily solved as well while as some people may state that dragons can't be real because they have 4 legs and 2 wings and are much to heavy to fly. Well obviously birds have hollow bones so why can't dragons have hollow bones and also people always assume that dragons had wings like that of a bat but why can't they be feathered? some of the dinosaurs were feathered. and last the fact that dragons supposedly are cold blooded reptiles and shouldn't be able to stand the lack of heat at such altitudes. I do know that it is highly logical but why can't they just breath some fire on them selves to keep warm while in flight. Those are just some things i've collected from various sites and also animal planet.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I would like to simply remind folks that just becasue you want something to be real doesn't mean "it just has to be!" or that science "can explain but chooses not to", no matter how badly you want it to be true

Because you see it in a video game, or Harry Potter rides one, or you read it about in your favorite book does not make it science fact.

I just wanted to remind everyone of that fact.

Thank you.

Dorian Soran

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
I would like to simply remind folks that just becasue you want something to be real doesn't mean "it just has to be!" or that science "can explain but chooses not to", no matter how badly you want it to be true

Because you see it in a video game, or Harry Potter rides one, or you read it about in your favorite book does not make it science fact.

I just wanted to remind everyone of that fact.

Thank you.

Dorian Soran

Dear friend, what you say is very logical, but the oposite can be true also!
So alow me to compose your words in favor of my logic:

""""I would like to simply remind folks that just becasue you want something to NOT be real doesn't mean "it just has to NOT be!" or that science "can explain but chooses not to", no matter how badly you want it to NOT be true

Because you see it in a video game, or Harry Potter rides one, or you read it about in your favorite book does not make it science fact.But untill further proofs all is possible!!

I just wanted to remind everyone of that fact."""""

Thank you.

[edit on 18/12/07 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think picture is too good to be real...
if dragons were real they will be million years before us... like dinosauras...

I dont believe in the picture it is fake

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by communicator

Oh I guess you have not heard the theories that man walked with the dinosaurs? I believe this and I also believe that dragons are real and man was witness to them.

Dr. Dennis Swift is someone to research. Here is his bio on Coast to Coast
www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by devious mind
well it can very well be scientifically explained how dragons are real.
1st. the fire breathing of a dragon as is in many of the myths is quite simple. platinum metal combined with some hydrogen and boom fire now that rouses another question how can a dragon have hydrogen and platinum in its mouth of body. simple they could have a glan that produces hydrogen and for the platinum, well obviously they have hard teeth they simply could have taken chunks of platinum and stored it in the back of their mouth.
2nd. the flying can be easily solved as well while as some people may state that dragons can't be real because they have 4 legs and 2 wings and are much to heavy to fly. Well obviously birds have hollow bones so why can't dragons have hollow bones and also people always assume that dragons had wings like that of a bat but why can't they be feathered? some of the dinosaurs were feathered. and last the fact that dragons supposedly are cold blooded reptiles and shouldn't be able to stand the lack of heat at such altitudes. I do know that it is highly logical but why can't they just breath some fire on them selves to keep warm while in flight. Those are just some things i've collected from various sites and also animal planet.

That has to be one of the single funniest things ive ever read on ATS. They just have to bite into chunks of platinum to store it in the back of their mouths? Oh yeah, i forgot how abundant our platinum source was. Breath fire on themselves to keep warm? are you 12? and the best part...... They werent cold blooded and were never claimed t be col blooded, their blood was thought to be literally boiling. and if it was cold blooded, then its body would adapt to any temperature. Warm blooded animals are the ones that dont adapt, were warm blooded, and thats why we get cold.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Truly awesome picture, but it's got to be fake.

No mention as to whether it is a fetus or an adult mini-dragon.
I figure if it was a fetus I would expect to see some cuteness qualities about it like a bigger head and big puppy dog-like eyes.
But then again it is a reptile and there is nothing cute about a baby reptile because they are proportionally slightly similar to adults.
But then again if they are able to shape shift to and from human form, they must have some human qualities as well, so again where are the big cute eyes?
But then again I've never seen a real dragon.

Probably someone's college science/art project.
Kudos to the sculpter.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I’ve recently had my own theory that dragons are the reptilian aliens...
like for example the fire breathing is just the weapon of the alien craft, and the wings are that back in the middle ages they thought the only thing that could fly had to have wings so for these aliens to be able to fly the must have wings.....this also goes hand in hand with angels as well.

i've made a thread about this which is in the alien / ufo section

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i think they could be real because if you think about it all a dragon is is a big lizerd with bat or bird wings and they mite have hollow bones or not but you know there here have been much weirder things in this world don't you think?

E.V.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm just gonna manifest my own.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Marco Polo reported seeing flying dragons on his way to China. Early surveyors in the near-east reported seeing dragons. Explorers have reported seeing dragons. Dragons are in ALL cultures. But what do they know? I'd go with "scientists" who say dragons never existed.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well if you consider the bible to be a good historical book, than yes dragons are indeed real.

It talks of dragons or "leviathans" in the last chapters of Job.

It even says that flames leaped out of it's mouth I believe.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
14Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth are terrible round about.

15His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.

16One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.

17They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.

18By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.

19Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

20Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

21His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

22In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him.

23The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved.

24His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.

25When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

26The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon.

27He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood.

28The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble.

29Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear.

30Sharp stones are under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire.

31He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.

Right outta the King James Version. That definitley sounds like a dragon to me. Except they make no mention of wings. I believe it is a sea dwellling dragon, because it says he maketh the deep to boil like a pot.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
... 25When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves. ...

Do you know what this verse means? It's actually hilarious when you know what "breakings" means.

It means that when "he raiseth up himself", the mighty are so scared, they literally defecate on themselves. I believe we have some common phrases for this in the english language.

In ancient times, when someone came into contact with fecal material, they were considered "impure" and had to purify themselves.

....And now you know......

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Marco Polo reported seeing flying dragons on his way to China. Early surveyors in the near-east reported seeing dragons. Explorers have reported seeing dragons. Dragons are in ALL cultures. But what do they know? I'd go with "scientists" who say dragons never existed.

Yep I would also go with the scientists as they seem to be pretty spot on with everything else they research. See people in the olden days had a tendancy to make there storys sound a hell of a lot better then they actually were to basically make themselves sound like heroes. If Marco Polo returned home and said yeah china was a nice place with lots of markets and a very rich history... People would say oh... thats kind of interesting. But what would they say if he returned home talking about flying dragons breathing fire and stuff? Much more interesting isnt it

It's the same for the sailors telling of stories about the huge octupuses that tried to eat there ships and so on.
So yes I think I will beleive scientists with there modern technology and FACTS over an explorer and story tellers trying to add some excitement to there rather dull stories.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

HAHA yeah well I can imagine it would be pretty damn scary to come across what those verses explained.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

heavy to fly. Well obviously birds have hollow bones so why can't dragons have hollow bones and also people always assume that dragons had wings like that of a bat but why can't they be feathered? some of the dinosaurs were feathered.

Ok well even if dragon have hollow bones, they are still too heavy too fly.
But!
The bladder they use to store the hydrogen(to create fire) is also thier flight bladder.
As you know helium is lighter than air thus decreasing their weight, allowing them to fly.

All my knowledge of dragon is gathered from a dvd, "Dragons:A fantasy made real"

Sincerely,
joshedis

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join