It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi Loam

Welcome back. Rest your weary limbs and body parts on one of our plushy cushions
It is weird but I didn't see you as male or female, I saw you as sort of green and in between. I am completely serious. I can think of one thread right now that might also benefit from this. Now I will sing one of my favourite songs originally performed by Kermit de Frog.

*gets her guitar and clears throat*

It's not that easy being green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold...
or something much more colorful like that.

It's not easy being green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ord'nary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
or stars in the sky.

But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain,
or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why?
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Where's the confusion? Loam is Loam. The only confusion I've had on this board is how I knew nikelbee is a miss, yet avatar says "King of infinite space"

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
When you are me there is always confusion.

Nikelbee is a sneaky one. I seem to recall her saying she does that on purpose. So I ask Nikelbee, why? You've got me curious.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The problem is that Duzey forgot to get in line for common sense when it was being passed out.
So there's a lot of confusion there.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Uh oh, he's really getting into it. GO GET SOME SLEEP LEADER!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
pffft. I'll get plenty of sleep next week. Besides, I'm doing good. lol. I only stayed up 40 hours on a couple hours of sleep the other day.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The problem is that Duzey forgot to get in line for common sense when it was being passed out.

It's not my fault, really...

I fully intended to get in line, I left plenty of extra time to get there and even had someone draw me a map to where the queue was forming.

And then I got distracted by sparklies.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Do we have to buy you sparklies so you won't get distracted anymore? Oh wait, then you'd spend all day sitting there going "oooOOOoooo" staring at them.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
When you are me there is always confusion.

Nikelbee is a sneaky one. I seem to recall her saying she does that on purpose. So I ask Nikelbee, why? You've got me curious.

Truth is i've had the unpleasant experience of having half-witted men send me declarations of love based only on a cute nickname. *rolls eyes* It is the equivalent of a virtual low-cut sweater. And like Tinkle's 'girls' I don't want people to look at my chest when I speak.

George Elliot and George Sand (both) women, pretty much did the same sneaky trick, just to get people to take them seriously.

Maybe I should call myself Georgebee.

Actually - my 'King of Infinite Space' is a quote from Hamlet and is as little sneaky secret nod reference to myself about the book I'm currently writing - how pretentious does THAT sound
haahahaha. I really love the quote and I can be King and still be a woman right? It doesn't refer to me though as I am only a Princess of infinite space and have to wait until 24 people die until I am officially KING of infinte space.

Plus this amazing complete quote is everything I've ever wanted to write about time and space in a errr 'nutshell'.

'Oh God I could be bound in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinte space, were it not that I might have bad dreams.' - the bard.

SO me.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
*looking down* Oh, I'm sorry Nik did you say something?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If I wished I had been named differently, it would have been Frank, that name rocks.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

OOPS!!!!!

I'm sure your body parts are a lovely size.

I feel so bad, I know how sensitive men can be about that particular area. I'm sorry!!!!!

*grovels for forgiveness*

No need for grovlin'...I would have been far more offended had you actually met me in person and maintained your confusion...

Originally posted by nikelbee
...I saw you as sort of green...

Green is good...

Originally posted by Kalapadea
Where's the confusion? Loam is Loam.

Precisely....that describes me best.

Originally posted by nikelbee
Truth is i've had the unpleasant experience of having half-witted men send me declarations of love based only on a cute nickname. *rolls eyes* It is the equivalent of a virtual low-cut sweater. And like Tinkle's 'girls' I don't want people to look at my chest when I speak.

Here's an interesting question. If my name had been obviously male, would female posters have altered the manner of their interactions with my posts? Me thinks so..... Thoughts?

On other matters....

I have had a hell of a time getting on BTS...

You can read all about it here...

And finally, I am certain that I have had the MOST ULTIMATE AND UNIQUE of all TKing experiences. While done unintentionally, I believe it qualifies nonetheless.

Observe.

Now, there ain't no way nobody is gonna touch that thread. It's deadlier than plutonium.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by loam]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
*looking down* Oh, I'm sorry Nik did you say something?

See Duzey?

Kalapadea: I like Frank - it is very manly sounding - but how would you ask a frank is he is being honest? Be frank with me Frank, how do you like your franks? A little too confusing. Frank sounds like he might be about 43, divorced and likes to get his hands dirty (cars and stuff) he also likes to have a good time, have a few beers with the boys and sometimes when he is naughty, he pats the behind of a local barmaid (she doesn't mind) let's call her 'Brenda'.

Frank and Brenda.

I just wanted to say - I really LIKE all of you
You manage to make me laugh and smile even when I have a bad morning (as I have today). And it is only 8:40. *sigh* and...

OH MY GOD!!!! I have to go to work.

Yes, that's what I wanted to say - you guys make me late for work.
and also the cheering up thing is sweet too, even if you didn't know I was in a foul mood, which I'm not now cause you cheered me up, or maybe I'm just bipolar or something. Wild Mood Swings.

Wooooooooooooooo - The sun is up
I'm so happy I could scream!
And there's nowhere else in the world I'd rather be
Than here with you
It's perfect
It's all I ever wanted

Okie folks extra donut or you can have some of Zaph's bling for anyone that guesses that tune.

I'm off like a dress on prom night!

woohoo

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
You can have some of my bling when you pry it from my cold dead hands.
:bash: Those are suck up gifts.

On a SLIGHTLY more serious note, glad we could cheer you up Nik. Sorry to hear you had a bad morning, hope your day gets brighter.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I was off having some fun - behind enemy lines, doing what I do best - killing enemy threads, when somebody - mentioning no names DUZEY! scooped me up and returned me to the club house.

I suppose I should be grateful because, to be honest, I've missed Tinkles soft strokes and her wonderful kitty doughnuts but, I object most strongly to this unwarranted rough treatment at the hands of a fellow member.

I have acted as I see fit, and have unleashed my revenge in the shape of my top secret army of kitty assault fleas. Even as I type this reply, I can see him scratching furiously.

And another thing! WHY IS THAT CRAZY BITCH NEXT DOOR STILL WHINING?

It is not safe for a genteel puddycat to go wandering through the myriad of threads without being barked and snarled at by a grotty rabid bitch of a dog, every time I want to do some secret thread killing. Not fair on my poor widdle pinky pads.
Dog!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Genteel puddy cat? *rofllmfao* Fritz? Genteel? I can barely type right now I'm laughing so hard.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Laughing are you?
I'll soon sort you out mate!

Even as I respond to your overtly unfriendly act of kitticide, my ultra-top secret long range inter-continental ballistic-stealthy suicide kittyfleas, are homing in on your BUM!

scratch that - you bad buggar!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Sorry, I have my antiballistic flea shield that I built specifically for this purpose. As soon as you launched my sattelites had them all pinpointed, and my Airborne Lasers were shooting them down.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Here's an interesting question. If my name had been obviously male, would female posters have altered the manner of their interactions with my posts? Me thinks so..... Thoughts?

Hmmm interesting thought provoking question. The answer, from me at least, is no, I would not have altered my interactions or my perceptions toward you. I am in turns flirtatious and serious with both men and women in equal amounts. I think Tinks and I get down to a whole lot more flirting than you usually see between women, without paying for the privilage that is.

The beauty of virtuality (yes it is a word because I say so) is that it allows you to read a person without adding in all those things that tend to get in the way of our physical selves

That being said - now that you have disclosed your sex to us, I can't help but see you as male - albeit a greenish hued one. Will this change the way I interact with you now? I don't know. Had the whole very visual 'body parts' argument not occured before, I would have automatically said NO.

In Duzey's defence I have to say that looking at it in that light and in that way, I can see why she would think you were a woman. Your posts are sane, organised, intelligent, logical and thought provoking not to mention brilliant and wonderfully intuitive - like the posts of ALL women.

(Disclaimer: Please note that the aforementioned ironic comment is not endorsed in any way, shape or form by the author)

Now I will boomerang you your own question and ask why you think it would be any different? Have you had experience with ppl responding in interesting ways? Were there any occassions where you were taken into the 'inner womb' so to speak and confided to because of your disguise? I was joking earlier but there is something to what I said. The comment about the virtual lowcut sweater, generated on its own, a dozen U2s. *wink*

And finally, I am certain that I have had the MOST ULTIMATE AND UNIQUE of all TKing experiences. While done unintentionally, I believe it qualifies nonetheless.

Observe.

Now, there ain't no way nobody is gonna touch that thread. It's deadlier than plutonium.

Too right. That thread is like mercury, the Freddy kind. Grrr. You are so radioactive right now, I feel we should douse you down with one of those hose thingies they used in Silkwood before letting you enter our headquarters.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Are you posting from work or what?

I like cheese.

When I yawn, time speeds up, or I just slow down.

I figured I'd put in some "manly posts" that don't make any sense following your comments on female posters

Your posts crack me up nik.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join