It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Bwahahahhaha that's the funniest thing I've seen in forever

I think though, that gorgeous sweater at the bottom would look better in perhaps...green?

For Zaph?

Nik, I love my knitted thingies. They're wonderful!

So as part of our baptising the new fireplace, I thought we might enjoy these:

Whaddya think?

I'm trying to find a kitty fondue for Fritz...but not much luck yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
(born bald, however, initially growing out blond hair which then turned brownish. What does that mean?) and I burgandy-ize often (otherwise I look like a skunk or the bride of Frankenstein... I have a grey streak about 2 o'clock for whatever reason.)

My mother was a hairdresser....But I'm adopted.

I know a family line that has that, weird way to say it, but the woman's married name is "Beth Dubyak" her entire family has that same gray streak in that spot.

I'm ambidextrous, the only thing I do right handed is write
everything else is left, sometimes including mouse. ESPECIALLY video games, I can't play most games because I need the left handed settings

I've got wood....logs, I live in the woods, need some? I'll truck a bunch to the "room".

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'll be back in my official position in a couple days. Just taking a few more days to get my brain in order. I won't say things are better, but they're not any worse either.

Tink, Nik, and Duzey we got a lot of catching up to do.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Nyquil is a good friend of mine... Go get some sleep, like 10 hours or something, I feel totally different than a week ago. (a day ago even)

And I don't remember half the posts I made.... wtf?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Pfft. I can't remember the last time I got 10 hours of sleep. I don't think I'm capable of it aymore. I have discovered that I'm allergic to one of my pillows though. I put three pillows behind me to lean on during the day, and everytime one of them is on top of the pile, I get the most blinding headache.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Zaph -

What, no comment on the sweater I spent all night knitting? Oh the Humanity!
Althought I dearly enjoy ATS, I feel the walls of time closing upon me like the infamous Star Wars trash compacting scene. Nonetheless, I love my TKA brothers and sisters too much to stay away forever.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm too traumatized to say anything about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So my mission was succesful. *evil laughter* I can't really knit in actuality. I once tried to teach myself via a library book and only managed to make a pencil warmer.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Maybe I WON'T be back in a couple days. Major meltdown tonight. Everything was ok last night, not SUPER bad this morning, and totally melted down tonight.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
As we're all in an update-y kind of mindset, here's my latest:

Ex's cheque arrived.

Hiccup #1: I don't have a bank account. The cheque was made out to both me and my lawyer's firm; local banks would not cash said cheque without me having an account.

Trotted back to lawyer's office, and endorsed it over to them so they could write me a cheque....which, theoretically, could be cashed without hassle at their bank. I can't open a bank account because the only ID I have is my (non US) passport; and the banks here don't like opening an account with just that. They're eejits.

48 hours later...

Hiccup #2. I drop by lawyer's office to pick up cheque. The bank in question is 2 miles away (and not across the street as previously anticipated). It's 36 degrees out, and I just can't walk that far at the moment. I talk to lawyer's assistant, who calls the bank, tells them to expect me, and she calls me a cab.

Hiccup #3. The cab won't take me unless I have money to pay...not keen on hanging around at the bank in case there's a problem.

After much pursuasion and begging (on my part), and common sense explaining (on the part of my lawyer), the cab driver eventually agrees to take me up to the bank.

I cashed the cheque with absolutely no problem.

NOW all I have to do is find an apartment/studio for a ridiculously cheap amount of money, and move myself in. Have you ever moved without a vehicle? By yourself? It's fun. Not. But it's at least possible now

But I'm just so bloody relieved...I actually have real food (ramen and food shelf stuff gets old quite quickly, though I'm not really complaining about that), I have allergy and cold meds, and I have a few necessities I really needed to buy.

And unless my ex decides to be a tosspot next month (no indication of such, thankfully), I'll have another cheque on the 3rd of November, and life can finally start settling down and I can concentrate on becoming healthy again.

So yeah.

That's mah life.

At some point I'll probably blog about poverty...or at least, the closest to it that I came. You know, when you literally have no income, and no source of food, for months at a time. When you're relying on the Salvation Army. When you're relying on charity for long periods of time. And when your link to the outside world is through a free 3-month offer of internet access through your phone company.

I'm just glad it's over now.

(I actually made myself sick last night - they had pumpkin pie on sale at the grocery store, and I bought one.....and ate a slice...and it's the richest thing I've eaten in months. My poor tummy objected, and strongly
)

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would also like to submit this example.. of TK-ing ability.

See my problem?

I asked for proof.

Le sigh.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Tinkle

I wish you didn't live so far away so we could have one of these :w: to wash down your troubles and one of these to cheer you on. You are quiet the indomitable gal - and you go throught it all with humour and a fiesty spirit that is really admirable. So hang in there. One day you will look back at this time in your life and realise it made you tougher. But hopefully you will continue being your caring, warm self.

As for food, go slowly
You don't want to O.D on pumpkin pie. Imagine the faces of the paramedics: 'She passed out from too much pie' - 'Too much pie?? Dear God.'

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Want to hear a really dodgy medic/ER story?

Sit tight...

Imagine, if you will......

It's just after 5 pm, you've had three glasses of a cheap-and-cheerful cabernet, donated by your (increasingly weird, but sweet nonetheless) neighbour (who is celebrating the fact her Sperm Donor has left), and together you've walked down to the local book repository place.

You're surfing the web at said library, and you happen to check The Bad Evil Email Account (the one you used to sign up for the free pr0n site, which lied about it's promise to "nevuh evuh sell your email address, evuh. No Sirree").

You just happen to see a Yoo Are Ell involving the words "shave" "rave" "bathe" and "crave". In one title. Being the lover of silly rhymes that you are, you decide - after quick sideways glances to check nobody is watching - to click on the link.

You find a page with mountains of pictures.

Of multicoloured crotches.

Pubic hair, dyed just about every colour known to man (and some previously unknown, I'd venture).

Yellow pubes.

Blue pubes.

Green.

Red.

Pink.

Orange-and-blue dots

Various stripey efforts (the green-and-bleached-stripes reminded me of peppermints....).

Dark brownish green (I question the wisdom of this one - green hair is funny, but green skin looks like mold. Sorry)

After spending 20 minutes laughing hysterically at the Guy With The Neon Pink Pubes, you stumble home.

And remember that you've got a plastic tube of purple hair colourant sitting in the bathroom.

Oh. Dear.

To gather enough courage (and because, frankly, you just like the stuff), you have another glass of wine. And a shot of vodka, because your earlier buzz wore off a bit.

Bathtub + wine + giggling + trying to dye your own "personal" hair and shave it into little shapes while you're doing so = one very sad case of slipping on the side of the tub, throwing the dye (and watching in Pythonesque dismay as it spreads, Matrix-speed, over your legs) in a vague attempt to grasp onto something and cracking your wrist in the process.

And that's not the worst part.

The worst part was trying to explain what happened to the emergency doctors, after being driven there by a friend. I was yelping in pain, kind of panicky, and didn't have time to put on anything more than a t-shirt dress. There was purply red dye all down my legs. I was forced (forced, I tell you, forced!) to tell them what happened before they started treating me for what coulda been a really dodgy haemorrhage situation. Well, that, and I have a tough time lying to doctors. They're just so...domineering, you know?

I digress.

And I quote "Well missy, I suggest next time you at least get a "friend" to help...." (I swear I heard his quotation marks).

His nurse: "HahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahaIgottaTellMyHusbandDamnWeCantMakeThisStuffUpJustTooFunnyhahahhahahahahahahha"

Go on. Laugh at me.

Cos you know I'd laugh if it had happened to you

Sincerely,

TwinklyTinkle, your hyperembarassed (but not afraid to share) Ministeria of the most definitely Hysterica-laden Interior.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
awwww poor tinklebell.......hehe.

sorry. wow hope your okay now though.....hehe

oni x x

hehehee.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
kool

[edit on 9-10-2005 by ArtemisFowl]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry Tinks but I can't get that image out of my head. Excuse me please while I go and disolve in fits of laughter...

buahahaahahahahaah

...Okie. Almost normal. Nope. Wait a minute...

buahahahaahahahahaahahahah

You have voted Tinkleflower for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Priceless.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Today was kind of a mixed day. We were up literally all night talking. I've gotten about 20 minutes of sleep, I don't think she's even gotten that much, and we're still talking. Things aren't even close to being worked out but there has been a TEENY bit of forward progress. At least we've talked all this time calmly and patiently with each other, and didn't fight or throw insults at each other. THAT is big progress for lately. Of course I'm completely screwed up from lack of sleep, and won't be going to bed any time soon, because we're still talking, but oh well.

The problem is that she'll say something, and agree to something, but as she gets more tired, she changes her mind, so I end up back at square one, and the next day have to start all over again.:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Oh no! Have I killed my own beloved TKA thread? Can it be that after weeks of random posting it has finally died and by my own hands too?

*drops to knees in tragic Shakespearean scene crossed with Old School ER, circa George Clooney*

Why God? Why? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why do the good threads always die??? Take me instead.

Okie - drama moment over. I hope I didn't offend Tinks *wink wink* your story was just too funny. I wish I had one to match it, but I don't. I have no alternative but to laugh like a fool at your eploits, because... well, because my life seems so ordinary and dull in comparison with yours, which is so full of COLOUR and VIVACITY and brilliant hues of magenta and purple was it?
Did you really go to the ER room in tie-dyed tshirt dress??

I was going to start a thread on BTS called 'Share your favourite antecdote.' No point now, all my so called funny events combined, are no 'patch' I mean match, to your story.

Zaph you need to get back on here and restore some sanity.

I raise a cup of coffee in your honour Tinkle (Patches) O'Flower. (no little icon even comes close to what i'm trying to depict).

:w:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to return sanity to our TKA. I'm too wasted tonight.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ok...I know I haven't posted here in awhile, but I still haven't recovered from the rainbow-colored-pubic-hair-in-the-hospital story....

Anyway, I was wondering....Can one intentionally deploy one's TKing ability to purposefully try and kill a thread?

Case and point...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope it works.... I think I may be on some important folks **** list.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by loam]

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join