It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aleins freindly or not...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilSent91
you know what we mean by "honest", noble, i-dont-know, but u get the picture, fear is not the only honest thing, i dont believe in christiantity because im afraid to go to hell, i can understand some people are afraid, and that is natuaral, you dont STAY in Hell forever, unless you're evil and never want to chang that. but i will gladly go to hell if it means it will save millions, im not saying god is a reality but atleast it fuels the fire and keeps the fire brilliantly red, instead of a dull low flame

hm....Its my understanding that once you go to hell, hell is were you stay for eternity. Its not a detention room were you serve your time and poof your in heaven. Your in hell because you have turned your back on God on his ways. Soo let me get this straight. You don't believe in christianity because you are afraid of going to hell? Whats to stop you regardless from going to hell? As it is said the only way to heaven is thru christ.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1

you know what we mean by "honest", noble, i-dont-know, but u get the picture, fear is not the only honest thing, i dont believe in christiantity because im afraid to go to hell, i can understand some people are afraid, and that is natuaral, you dont STAY in Hell forever, unless you're evil and never want to chang that. but i will gladly go to hell if it means it will save millions, im not saying god is a reality but atleast it fuels the fire and keeps the fire brilliantly red, instead of a dull low flame

hm....Its my understanding that once you go to hell, hell is were you stay for eternity. Its not a detention room were you serve your time and poof your in heaven. Your in hell because you have turned your back on God on his ways. Soo let me get this straight. You don't believe in christianity because you are afraid of going to hell? Whats to stop you regardless from going to hell? As it is said the only way to heaven is thru christ.

"Whats to stop you regardless from going to hell? As it is said the only way to heaven is thru christ. "

i dont exactly understand you xD

but (i forgot where) does it not say there will be a judgement day for EVERY soul and we are judged according to our works.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   

"Whats to stop you regardless from going to hell? As it is said the only way to heaven is thru christ. "

i dont exactly understand you xD

but (i forgot where) does it not say there will be a judgement day for EVERY soul and we are judged according to our works.

Ok...you said you dont beleive in christanity because you are afraid of going to hell. That I dont understand. Please explain that. It is said in the bible that in order to gain entrance to heaven there is one way and one way only. And that is thru Jesus Christ the only son of god. IE; You give your life to christ. Does that make sense? Yes there will be a judgment day for every soul that has ever walked this earth from the very begining of time. You life and deeds or misdeeds will be judged. At that point you will be one of two places.
1. Heaven
2. Hell
Now I am assuming (and some may have a very different view then this. Mind you this is what I was taught growing up.) That if you are in hell and judgement day arrives. You will be judged before god and he will look upon your life and you will be held accountable for your works. And once that is done you will be cast into the lake of fire along with satan for all eternity. Like I said though others may/will look upon this differently. Make better sense?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
yeah, that makes more sense actually. actually nevermind, i kinda meant like going to hell, rather than millions of ppl going, kinda like what Jesus did, even though he went to Heaven, lol, thats more what i meant, i geuss. but i was just thinking, so you're probly right about that xD

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ok I did a quick search and I stand corrected. Its two fold. Hades were these condemded souls await judgment day and are subject to temporary punishment as befits their sins. And the lake of fire being the final stop for those found wanting upon judgment day. The name hell is the translation into english of the word "hades in greek & hebrew.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
oh, so what people consider Hell, is actually the Lake Of Fire. And The true Hell is actually Hades??

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

oh, so what people consider Hell, is actually the Lake Of Fire. And The true Hell is actually Hades??

I suppose it all depends on how one looks at it. In this day and age hell has become a flash word for both areas. Most think of hell as one place rather then two very seperate areas. If you wanna get technical either place is hell simply because you are without the light of god.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
but isnt Hades God's Holding Pen for his Courtroom.

but yea, now, hell is well "hell" what ppl call the worst stuff, like " It feels like im in hell!" or whatever

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

but isnt Hades God's Holding Pen for his Courtroom.

but yea, now, hell is well "hell" what ppl call the worst stuff, like " It feels like im in hell!" or whatever

I guess you could look at it this way

Hades= City Jail. Prisoners held awaiting trial

Lake of fire/hell= Prisoners sentenced and serving their time for all eternity.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
so Hell, is more of a cave structure, maybe somewhat hot or some parts burning

but actual HELL/Lake Of Fire that people refer to is actualy an eternal sea of fire

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Now, i'm a strict agnostic (Oxymoron in itself), and I belive that if there is a god, he wouldn't judge you on what flavor of faith you chose, but rather how you lived your life.

If a man who has always lived well, given money to the poor, etc. is sent to hell just because he wasn't of the right faith, that dosen't seem right. And thhen theres the chance that the religions most people in america subscribe to are wrong. Its just as likely that Buddah vomited the earth out as it is that god created it.

As for hell, its possible that hell works like it does in Islam. You don't go there for eternity unless you spent your life torturing, raping and eating little kids or something comprable horriblle. You spent 'sentances' there depending on how bad a sin you've comitted.

Just a few, jumbled thoughts..

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carpenter
Now, i'm a strict agnostic (Oxymoron in itself), and I belive that if there is a god, he wouldn't judge you on what flavor of faith you chose, but rather how you lived your life.

Each individual is judged on their sins. Sin seperates a person from God.

It's what you do with your sin that decides where you will spend eternity. If you find nothing wrong with a little sin and it doesn't bother you and you want to pay the penalty for it yourself, God will let you do that. The payment if you are to take care of it yourself is seperation from God for all eternity with your sins clinging to you.

If you don't want to pay your sin debt for yourself, then you accept the fact that that is why Jesus came, to remove your sins. He paid for them and faith in that transfers those sins to Him at the cross. God tells us that our sins are removed from us and we are justified(just as if we had never sinned) through Christ and eternity will be spent with God.

This is the choice everyone has to make for themself.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
both good points, dbrandt sounds more from the bible though.

is it necessarily wrong to listen to music like Lamb Of God (heavy metal band) if so, then boy im screwed lol, but hopefully god understands ^^;

i think as long asyou dont blasphamy god or Jesus you're fine being another religion, i have to admit, i used to be anti-christ ^^; to tell you the truth i havent been christian for very long xD half of me says screw god and satan and jesus. but i try to stay moral

[edit on 17-9-2005 by DevilSent91]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hey guys did anyone else check out earthsisters website? If you haven't you should. It will probably convince you she's lying. But if you're like me you'll still find it quite intriguing
www.TheProjectAtEarth.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
No really! Do you guys really hear yourselves?

Let's warp back to Page 10... past all of the disgnats/bible thumpers... back to something of consequence.

One_small_step: 'As for this thread - It no longer holds interest for me, its basically died for I won't participate in "how can we kill em" debates.

Welcome to Kindergarten.'

Hmm... Here's a thought for you One_small_step... Do you think that the disgnats aren't pleased with that result?

Rewind. Rewind.

EarthSister: 'It's only in humans' minds that the alien people must be either angels or demons. The aliens don't put that idea there, and they don't teach us religions...'

Presumeably in response to something in this vein:

golem: 'While you so readily dismiss Whompa1 that the ETs are not angels or demons... If you pause to consider that the ETs have been with us for basically all of time (as we know it ). Now consider what exactly is the source of the 'divine revelation'.

You don't have to look any farther than the deeply spiritual nature of the communications coming from the ETs via our own EarthSister... maybe you start to get the picture.'

The picture... What exactly IS the picture?

It's basically... And EarthSister, you are far too kind and considerate to even
say/think this
... Humans are basically totally stupid.

My point is that the ETs have been at this a LONG time.

And look (at the last few pages
) where we are in this dialogue...

Or even better... Did any of you catch Threshold?

If this thread doesn't distress you too much (and you aren't, of course, too busy) EarthSister, I would like to query you on some of the subtleties of the post from which I clipped the little snippet quoted here.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by golemina]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
inthegroove

I am not lying, but I understand total skepticism. You have to get past that to explore the possibilities before you can make up your own mind about them. Making up your own mind about ALL of this subject is what I recommend to everyone. I don't hold the keys to it all, I just know a little bit firsthand- enough to see clearly how well propaganda works on unknowing people, and the scope of the conspiracy to keep the publics afraid and confused. The alien races are not to be feared.

golemina

I am willing to answer what I can. I have been preoccupied off line, but I am around. I will answer you as I can.

What I meant was that God is real and visible in many ways. However, when humans see any life spiritually, they automatically think it is something either godly or evil. The alien people are just like us, but we do not recognize spiritual nature- not theirs and not even our own yet.

All things are spiritual first and foremost. There is a great deal more to life and how & why things happen from a spiritual perspective than just what they appear to be to us from this physical one.

Advanced races are advanced spiritually, meaning naturally, not religiously. Their understanding of God and nature is greater than ours, and the things they can see and do are beyond our abilities yet. We have abilities too, but they usually mostly just confuse us more, and this is happening to us during our encounters with advanced races of life.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
CMAN,

I have been thinking about how to reply to this topic and sometimes it is easier to try to figure things out if one takes a step back and tries to see the big picture, or simply attacking it from a different angle might do the trick sometimes.

Examples are good, for an example, imagine you are a visitor from another world and you want to go to planet earth wich you know absolutly nothing about, should you assume that the natives to planet earth are either friendly or totally evil? Or do you make the logical assumption that the inhabitants are individuals and that some are probably nice, some are not so nice, some are evil, some are crazy, and some of them just don`t give a #. So in other terms you hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Now, the clever thing to do before landing somewhere would be to collect some facts, what does the people of planet earth look like? Do they eat? How do they eat and what do they eat? After rooling alot of questions like this around you start to think about the risks? What if the people on the li`ll blue planet have an entirly different bacteria flora than yourself? What if they make you deadly ill? After a while you make a call to the mothership and asks if it ok if you pick up some specimens to check out a bit closer? You get a green go and start to collect some various specimens from different locations on the planet, You discover that the inhabitants are either male or female, there are very young people, tiny infants and there are old people who are very wrinkled, and a whole scale of ages in between them. Most of them doesn`t like it when you pick them up onboard your ship, and they make a lot of grunts, screams and other types of noices. You start to realise that these natives haven´t seen anyone like you before and that they have probably never been on a spaceship either, but you know that there is some sort of space technology on planet earth because you have seen the natives shoot up rockets, shuttles, and sattelites from time to time, but you estimate that the technology is not available for everybody down there.
You start to collect a variation of samples from the specimens you collect, you find awfull diceases like cancer and AIDS, but you also find stuff within the specimens bodys that you think might be good for something back on your planet, so you collect a li`ll of that too. You experiment a bit on some specimens and puts tiny tracking devices on them so you can find them the next time you need to study them. After a lot of tests on the specimens you start to collect samples of the planet itself, you never take of your grey spacesuit because you know some stuff aren´t good for you to breath in, You always land in desolated wood areas because you don`t really want anyone to know that you are there, because you want to make sure how everything is working first.

When you have collected the last samples youthink you might need you have a meeting with your boss on the mothership and he/she/ it says there is no way you can just land on earth and try to introduce yourself, it could be very dangerous both to planet earth and yourself, Your boss explains that your open presence on planet earth can trigger wars and in some cases people would go mad by just looking at you, besides, your boss tells you that previous attempts to contact the planet has all had bad outcomes. You get a bit pissed off that nobody told you that earlier but since you work on a need to know basis you accept fact. Your boss tells you that since your presence on planet earth would cause upheavals you have to wait untill the situation on the planet has changed, so you wait.

You continue to collect samples and once in a while you discover something new, different bacterias, diseases, cures, and some stuff about the planet itself, they have wars, many different leaders and many different way of governing. You create a team of scientists that analyses and investigates your findings, you also contact some other races and asks them if they have some fact about the planet earth or it´s inhabitants, some of the races you contact have material they will gladly share with you, some of them have material but they don`t want to share it with you, some of them doesn`t know anything about that stuff and they don`t really care but since everybody else seems so interested they send an expedition for themselves. Meanwhile you see that the situation on planet earth is starting to change, the planet is approaching something its inhabitants calls the millenium, and they seem very excited about it, for a lot of different reasons, some of the inhabitants thinks that this will be the end of their world, and some seem to think that this will be the time when the planet will go towards a brighter future, and some of them still just don`t give a #. At the same time you discover that some of the races that you contacted for help has not been honest to you, it seems that some of the races have had a lot more to do with planet earth than they told you. In some cases they have even infilitrated certain aspects of the planet and its inhabitants. This causes some upheavel in your part of the galaxy, and some races goes against eachother, it turns out that everybody doesn`t share the same opinion about how to handle the planet earth and its inhabitants. Some of the races have special meetings about this trying to solve the problem, and some other races goes into full war against eachother fighting over planet earths resources, even some of your research material have found it´s way in to the wrong hands, it makes you very dissapointed and angry. At top of all this some of the races that are now hostile to your own starts to shoot at your ship every time you try to approach the blue planet, sometimes you manage to get down to the planet to continue your research and sometimes you have to flee for your life. But you don´t give up, you make breakthroughs in some parts of your research and your scientists discover that the blue planet has entered a stage of earth changes, there are floods, droughts, violent storms, and the number of earthquakes are increasing both in power and in number, your scientists says that this is either a natural cycle for planet earth or it is because of the people living on the planet, or it is a mix of both, your scientists will try determine the causes as soon as possible. Meanwhile you get worried, you see that there are so many people on the planet, too many, and you are worried that the resources that such a huge planetery population demands will be the end of the planet itself. You also worry a bit about some of the specimens you collect on a regular basis, the chipped ones, some of them have dissapeared and you suspect that they have been taken by other races to be used as test subjects, You don`t fancy the thought, because even if your superiors doesn`t like it, you have become attached to one or two of them. Some other of your specially selected specimens are deleted from your lists because it turns out they have run rampage and started sects that worships you and your kin like gods of hope and peace, they make stuff up about you , other races and the universe in general that you know are not true, and you don`t even want your presence known down there so you decide to delete the memorys of your special specimens, atleast the memorys they have about you and your ship and replace them with blanks.

Your work starts to exhaust you and your superiors sends you away for some R&R, you go to some sunny planet in a peaceful system and spend a couple of weeks on the beach just relaxing under the sun and meeting new people, You make the most of your free time and return rested to your post. While you have been away your project has been put on ice, and a more military project has been launched, your race have started to send scouts to the blue planet, they wont engage, just observe. This is OK to you because as the situation looks there is not much more you can do at the moment, You will have to either wait for the planets situation to change further or for the enemy races to make some moves.

That`s it, just some thoughts from my perpespective. Maybe this will stimulate people to see this whole Alien stuff from an other angle. We often assume that Aliens if they exist, have the same perception about good and evil as we do, but I´m not even sure they think in those terms, maybe they just ARE. I mean, who decides for us what is good or what is evil? Society? Religion? Our government? And people often assume that Aliens if they exist, live in some sort of Utopia, well, says who? And in some cases I have heard ”The alien races I know all work voluntary for a common goal so everyone of them gets what they need for free, hospital care etc,..hmmm, well that´s called communism isn`t it? The problem about communism as far as I can tell from history is that it isn`t the best way to govern a people, and it has never worked well, and I find it far fetched that there would be a load of alien races that have a communist government and some sort of hippie mentality that most people abandoned back in the 70`s.
Actually it makes me laugh, because it sounds more like our way of thinking than some Alien species.
Hokey, bless you for having the patience to read this lenghty post!

Sincerly
/Cactus

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
No really! Do you guys really hear yourselves?

Let's warp back to Page 10... past all of the disgnats/bible thumpers... back to something of consequence.

One_small_step: 'As for this thread - It no longer holds interest for me, its basically died for I won't participate in "how can we kill em" debates.

Welcome to Kindergarten.'

Hmm... Here's a thought for you One_small_step... Do you think that the disgnats aren't pleased with that result?

Rewind. Rewind.

EarthSister: 'It's only in humans' minds that the alien people must be either angels or demons. The aliens don't put that idea there, and they don't teach us religions...'

Presumeably in response to something in this vein:

golem: 'While you so readily dismiss Whompa1 that the ETs are not angels or demons... If you pause to consider that the ETs have been with us for basically all of time (as we know it ). Now consider what exactly is the source of the 'divine revelation'.

You don't have to look any farther than the deeply spiritual nature of the communications coming from the ETs via our own EarthSister... maybe you start to get the picture.'

The picture... What exactly IS the picture?

It's basically... And EarthSister, you are far too kind and considerate to even
say/think this
... Humans are basically totally stupid.

My point is that the ETs have been at this a LONG time.

And look (at the last few pages
) where we are in this dialogue...

Or even better... Did any of you catch Threshold?

If this thread doesn't distress you too much (and you aren't, of course, too busy) EarthSister, I would like to query you on some of the subtleties of the post from which I clipped the little snippet quoted here.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by golemina]

NO ONE IS SAYING THEY WERE ANGELS OR DEMONS, me and Whompa1 were just chatting, or i dont know what were doing, but it was fun lol
and yes, EarthSister is lying, we ALL know, even the ETs think she's lying lol

wow, Cman's post is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long xD

ok, so maybe shes lying or not, idk.

but ES, if you are in contact with them tell us.

1.are they nice or not

2. are they religous??

3.are they creatures of divine??

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

but ES, if you are in contact with them tell us.

1.are they nice or not

The beings here are the professionals of their races. Nice is a nice word but it does not identify them. They are very nice to me and my family and everyone I know who knows them. They are careful and conscientious. They are kind, gentle, considerate, patient and dedicated. Like doctors, scientists, judges and lawyers, they are diligent. Like police they are protective of themselves and their human contacts, and in control of "bad guys" within their jurisdiction and purpose, alien and human.

I have briefly met two races who were not working with the organization of visiting races, who were taking advantage of particular humans, and been told of a few more. They were not "evil" --they were desperate and taking what they needed because there was nobody to stop them. They have been stopped from doing that by the organization of visiting races. Now all of our visiting races are working together, and any other race that wants to visit Earth or needs materials or information must go through the organization, and have an official and appropriate reason to be here. Every world of intelligent life has an organization of visiting races, and ours was just recently completed.

All of the races visiting Earth have peaceful planets. Every world and race has problems and disagreements. The difference between a peaceful planet and a violent planet is in the way the people handle their problems and disagreements. Their way of living does not promote the kind or level of difficulties we still have on Earth. We practically breed it.

2. are they religous??

No. They are naturally spiritual, as a way of living. They live by "the one creator of all life" which is God. They pray alone one on one to God, and together. They do not follow any of our religions, because we made those up for ourselves. They practice their own ways race to race, which are very simple, natural, direct, and without dogma.

3.are they creatures of divine??

All known races share the independent understanding that God created everybody and everything. They are not Angels. Angels are another kind of being different from us mortal people living on our planets. Angels are direct emissaries of God.

Humans on Earth are the only known race that holds a concept of a devil, demons or hell, or anything similar. Bad things happen to everyone everywhere, but circumstances are explainable for them whether we have knowledge of them or not. There is no force opposing goodness, out to get us.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, uhm, Earthsister, Don´t take this the wrong way, because I am only asking see, when you wrote your previous post, did it just come to you or did you think it through after you had read my post? I see similaritys that´s why I am asking, no offence meant in any way

Sincerly
/Cactus

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join