It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aleins freindly or not...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think lilblam summed it all up for us. I think she (EarthSister) writes with her best wishes, I feel that she really wants these beings to be good and always willing to help. But If there is something I learned in life is that everything has it's good and bad, the only being that is ever powerful and always good (in my view and most Christians too) is GOD. Perfection. All the other beings will be driven by their emotions, which are usually negative and positive.

P.S. the federation sounds like something out of a Star Wars movie.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Federation is a Star Trek term. Empire is the star wars term for it. But you are right. You would think they could be more creative with the name.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
lol, yeah, like the Covanent

wow, i didnt relize there was quite a few Christians on this site, w00t

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Going Halo are we know?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Question totaly out of topic, I wonder if a jedi night could beat a Ninja?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Maybe the Federation is more like the U.N. than Earth Sister wants to admit.

Like,..... "Oh there are no more bad ET aliens coming and hurting people, we forbade them to come if they didn't obey the rules."

U.N. in Bosnia, Congo, Indonesia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Sudan, yadda yadda yadda: "Oh no, there is absolutely no ethnic cleansing and genocide going on at all any more. It is strictly prohibited, and we passed a resolution against it!"

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Defeat it with what!?Ju-Jitsu!?Karate!?a stick!?....THE FORCE!?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Like,..... "Oh there are no more bad ET aliens coming and hurting people, we forbade them to come if they didn't obey the rules."

U.N. in Bosnia, Congo, Indonesia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Sudan, yadda yadda yadda: "Oh no, there is absolutely no ethnic cleansing and genocide going on at all any more. It is strictly prohibited, and we passed a resolution against it!"

Well we are screwed then if its ran anything like the U.N.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
i believe in Christianity, not because i want to go to heaven and thats all, but i believe it keeps ppl moral and have hope,

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilSent91
i believe in Christianity, not because i want to go to heaven and thats all, but i believe it keeps ppl moral and have hope,

lol not always. Ever hear of Jerry Fawell?

"God has said you must send me 1 million dollars so I can by a gulf stream to further the ministry."

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1

Originally posted by mbkennel

Well we are screwed then if its ran anything like the U.N.

lets just hope the aliens aren't commies lol, sry for asking, but whats the UN??

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Before people start thinking in makig contact with an alien species they should first learn how to take a proper pic of a UFO.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilSent91

lol not always. Ever hear of Jerry Fawell?

"God has said you must send me 1 million dollars so I can by a gulf stream to further the ministry."

LMAO, what an @$%, you have to admit, preachers are psychos (or most are, sry preachers, the truth hurts) xD

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

lets just hope the aliens aren't commies lol, sry for asking, but whats the UN??

The UN stands for the United Nations. Which is supposedly the world governing body. In reality its a bunch of bs thiefs and pussys.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There are a few tv evangelists that are honest and spreading the word of god. However the vast majority of them use their power and postions in society to their own ends which often times are not for anyones good except their wallets.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

There are a few tv evangelists that are honest and spreading the word of god. However the vast majority of them use their power and postions in society to their own ends which often times are not for anyones good except their wallets.

yea, iv seen a few honest ones, but preaching doesnt exactly pay good, but neither does teaching which takes 4 years of college,

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well you can't be honest and religious at the same time! Belief already implies that you accept something on blind faith, only because it feels good to accept it, or you're afraid of the consequences that you're told will happen if you don't. That's not honesty, that's just fear conditioning. You are already lying to yourself by telling yourself that something is TRUE, when in reality you have no idea. You are just accepting as true anyway.

That and preaching in and of itself is usually just the attempt to tell others how they should live and what they should think and believe, without respecting their free will to choose without being preached to. The underlying assumption is that it is the "word of God" when for all they know, it could be just the "lying words of men" posing as God.

SOME things they say are certainly true and helpful and inspirational, but they are always mixed in with lies, and yet most people swallow the entire package without discerning one from the other. That's why I personally think that you cannot lead people to truth if you yourself are making assumptions and believing things blindly, which is all religion is, blind faith in something because it promises to reward you if you believe it, and promises to punish you if you don't. It's a control mechanism that works on our fear of the unknown, and our selfish desire to be rewarded, since that feels good.

This doesn't encourage you to ask questions and seek truth, it encourages you to ignore truth and accept a belief based on a threat or temptation (hell or heaven promise). It keeps you ignorant, and what sort of God encourages ignorance and punishes those who seek truth by NOT believing some book or some preacher and asking questions and seeking to figure things out instead?

[edit on 16-9-2005 by lilblam]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Speaking for myself, I don't need a book or some used car salesman standing on a pulpit telling me there is a god in order to believe it. I see the creator everywere I look.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
you know what we mean by "honest", noble, i-dont-know, but u get the picture, fear is not the only honest thing, i dont believe in christiantity because im afraid to go to hell, i can understand some people are afraid, and that is natuaral, you dont STAY in Hell forever, unless you're evil and never want to chang that. but i will gladly go to hell if it means it will save millions, im not saying god is a reality but atleast it fuels the fire and keeps the fire brilliantly red, instead of a dull low flame

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Speaking for myself, I don't need a book or some used car salesman standing on a pulpit telling me there is a god in order to believe it. I see the creator everywere I look.

exactly what i believe, not to mention, i dont exactly believe Satan is what people believe him to be, then again maybe he is, but its better to believe something than to have nothing to keep you going,

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join