It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Bring the boat in the house. BTW those ugly trees will be gone by tuesday. With construction sites aroudn there are alot of potential missles around.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Mizar, thanks for the pics. I wish you well hun

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
On thing I am lookign forward to is seeing the light pollution decrease... Its the astronomer in me. Last night I was watching the LIghtpollution classic pink glow from the city and made a mental note. I'm wondering how intence the LP will be tonight most noteably Tuesday night. Generally the storms clear the sky and the day followign the sky is beuatiful and stable. With power out there is no or fverry little Light Pollution so you know if I still have a telescope I;m going to take it out tuesday night,

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sustained wind speeds now at 185 mph.

link   
a prelude to even worse things?

in the midst of cleaning up katrina's mess and while we're all still reeling from the impact of its huge death toll.......9-7 arrives.... [911 days plus 911 days after 9/11, need i say more?]

and then, 9/11 #5 arrives on sunday....perfect opportunity to commence the already drawn war plans for taking out iran's nuke sites. of course this is all highly speculative on my part, but if certain conspiracy theories are correct the loose ends of all of this would be tied up into a monstrous package indeed by the PTB.
a pair of category five storms, one "natural" [
] and the other made of equal parts terrorism and geopolitical angst.

we live in interesting times.....

link   

Originally posted by Mizar
On thing I am lookign forward to is seeing the light pollution decrease... Its the astronomer in me. Last night I was watching the LIghtpollution classic pink glow from the city and made a mental note. I'm wondering how intence the LP will be tonight most noteably Tuesday night. Generally the storms clear the sky and the day followign the sky is beuatiful and stable. With power out there is no or fverry little Light Pollution so you know if I still have a telescope I;m going to take it out tuesday night,

Well that's something positive to look forward to

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Chances are, if Mizar keeps the pictures flowing in.. we'll only see up until the hurricane gets bad. And then we wont hear from him for quite some time (a few weeks?).. just stating this so people don't freak out cuz he doesnt reply during/after the hurricane. Chances are, the city will shut the power off.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
yep the Power will be going soon, especially if the police is advising that anyone remaining will lose public services, not only will 911 not respond to your calls, your power, water supply all will be turned off to prevent greater damage.

Kind of late for you to leave now even if you wanted to...

[edit on 8-28-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I will be one of the last to loose power. My area has underground powerlines and we are nearby a hospital. We run on teh hospital grid. But I will most likely loose power by the middle of the night. Also MY pictures will become increasing ly hard to get as We will board up my back door and then... I'm stuck

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
When the storm is over, and you are ok, have your girlfriend log in and post that you are fine. I am sure you won't have power for awhile, so, to keep worrywarts like myself from worrying, send her a link so she knows where to post it

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Good luck mate. I hope you and yours stay well.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well just come back on to read this thread since last night and Im with you Mizar, glad you stayed, wish I could be there to help out. Id rather take my chances in my house than stuck on a freeway in a car when this thing strikes. I think thats whats gonna kill most people, those who are stuck in cars. You sound like your pretty sorted with kit anyways, + your dad and granddad will have been through worse, so they'll keep you calm even if your not lol. Anyway keep the pictures coming if you can and stay strong dude.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
link for the New Orleans Radar
radar.weather.gov...

the rain is getting closer

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here is the latest IR image of Katrina. The eye still looks perfect.

www.climatepatrol.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would watch teh Local Dopler ow WWLTV. They are generally 100% right on the locations

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

track map

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm watching all these people going into the Superdome and they do not look prepared for this. Where are their blankets, their food, etc? Some people have one or two small bags and not much more. Conditions will be bad in the Superdome when the power goes out.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
When you hear "strongest of all time... in the Northern hemisphere," that is quite a statement. Just heard a statement like that on the Weather Channel. Words like catastophic are used.

Two words, get out!

I did note today, a lady I was painting for, mentioned fuel and gas prices going up because of this storm, because of the location of oil refineries. My conspiracy nose couldn't help but take note. Not to say there is a real conspiracy here, just something I noted.

Troy

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Mizar -- do you have the ability to post a map with exactly where you are located -- we will lose you due to power loss and this way we can track your location at least. Lady Lily you too and any others in the direct line of the storm if you can do it also. And I love the idea of giving your girlfriend your posting info so she can post to us after she hears from you (hopefully you will be able to get a message to her by cell)

Sending prayers your way to cover everyone in the line of the storm.

I would bring the canoe inside if you can -- I don't think that water in it is going to do anything at all ---

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Satellite Loop
Check this out!

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Nerdling]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join