It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
do you have anything that you can get under in that room? I'd want something to get under and something else I can put in front of me to block anything that might be blowing around.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

here we go.. This si just liek a roller coaster.. except loss of life is real... your straped in and scared to death because you keep hearing that "CLICK CLICK CLICK" just waitng for that drop.....

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Turn on FoxNews!!!

There are people out there surfing and standing on the breakwater! :-o

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I feel some Darwin awards coming up. Idiots.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Kamakazi club people have been known to ride waves up to 1 hour before landfall.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Last I heard Nerdling was about noon tomorrow, but I don't think that is still accurate, I think the eyewall may actually come ashore much earlier more like 4-5am, if i find anything more concrete I'll let you know.

Oh God look at these Tide Schedules. She is goin to hit during high tide!

NWS: NOLA

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
one question:

if Katrina keeps gaining power and goes on track, do you guys think that New orleans will be destroyed, well not destroyed but very out of shape,

i just hope it doesnt destroy my new house, i was lookin forward to movin down there,,

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
High tide in the area is like 2 feet. It for the most part is a non factor. If your wall is 15 feet and the surge is 18 feet plus 30 to 50 foot waves I don't think 2 feet matters much.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
on a side note, but still related
U.S. oil surges $4 to record above $70

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
to state the obvious this is going to be bad...

im new here and just screwing around reading past posts....to those who havnt gotten out, good luck i guess isnt the right phrase to use.

and to put how un-educated people can be.....FOX news as of 7pm today just ran a story of a family who did not have the resources to get out.

THEY INTEND TO RIDE IT OUT ON A HOUSE BOAT they have a 6 year old daughter and plan to ride the cat 5 hurrican on a house boat in the harbor. somthing should imediatly be done and following their removal, the parnets should be jailed for putting their child in such danger.

water surge will be 4 stories.

this is going to be devestating to both the state and economically throughout the country if oil and natural gas takes a hike

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here is the latest IR image. It just keeps getting larger. Compare it to Florida. I suspect this storm will spawn an incredible number of tornados.

www.climatepatrol.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
High tide in the area is like 2 feet. It for the most part is a non factor. If your wall is 15 feet and the surge is 18 feet plus 30 to 50 foot waves I don't think 2 feet matters much.

LOL True. I was only pointing it out. Seems like the deck is stacked....completely!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Worldwatcher, yep thats only just a taste of what to expect. I honesty wouldnt be surprised if Oil touches $100 either monday or tuesday with a stock crash. I'd advise anyone in the US to stock up on gas NOW while its cheap, the affects of Katrina will not be restricted to NO.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just had a squall... In less than 10 min this much water... and its just getign started water will be a problem...

Current conditions as of 6:50 CDT

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
be careful Mizar, people died in Florida as the storm made landfall when they went outside to check out damage. Try taking pictures from your doorway, don't go outside too much..at some point soon you will need to batten down the hatches as they say.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Good luck, Mizar. I think you`ll need it.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredH

I'll second that

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah I realy shouldnt have done that.... I just had an argument wiht my family about opening windows. So I showed them your article World Watcher. Then they nay said it.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
mizar, while you still have power, a good idea would be to lower the temps on your ac unit, get the house frigid, it will stay cooler when the power goes out and you guys won't overheat so quick. BTW how many of you are together?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredH

You have voted Mizar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Hey, Just a little something to keep your thoughts happy as Katrina blows by. I read something the other day, not sure where but it went like this:

"An optimist is someone who yells, "Good, they have us surounded. Now we can shoot in any direction!"

Mizar, your surounded, but i'm sure you'll do fine my friend. Good luck and godspeed on the hours to come.

Love and light,

Wupy

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join