It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Tornado Watch in effect till 2Am for basically everyone in the damn gulf!!!
Expect it to be extended till well after landfall and into tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Mississippi under State of Emergency.

Watching Fox currently and on "orange beach" (?) Alabama they're encountering 35mph winds at sea level, looks real stormy

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Some great streaming video available on this page:

LINK

There are several videos on that page!

Good coverage!

[edit on 28-8-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I just woke up form my nap, I woke up a few times due to phone calls.

Ok peopel are askign for my location...

maps.google.com...,-90.093727&spn=0.143941,0.240704&hl=en

Its starting to rain....

I'll mail you a dollar if you can name the street I live on useing goodle maps!

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Mizar]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thank you for the location map, Mizar. I hope you had a good rest, I suppose it will be a long night...

Take care,

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Mizar, I hope you have that safe room ready, and are set to barricade the door from the inside. You are facing two extreme dangers both wind and water. I'm glad you have that boat and I hope you have brought inside as Indy has suggested. Do you also have life jackets? it might be a good idea to put them on, if you do. I'm praying for you and your family hun and all those about to weather Katrina.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Aren't you supposed to leave a window semi open in another room to equalise the pressure so the roof doesnt come off?

Can anyone tell me about that?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Mizar, if I am reading this map you posted correctly,

You are in the middle of it. The eye will pass close enough for you to feel the worst bands of this storm. Good luck my friend. God bless. Oh and if things get real bad, use Shephard Smith's head as a life raft.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Mizar You take care ok!!

Please let us know that you are ok when you can,

Ill be crossing my fingers for you....

Good luck,

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
NO NERDLING!!!!!!

I posted a link about that, lemme dig it up for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I woke up thinkig it was much later than it was. THe rain clouds are thickining.

Now that you all have my location you can watch the weather in that area to sooth your soul. I'm hoping that if this things gove directly at NO I get the Eye. I've alwasy wanted to see a hurricane eye. My grandparents always talk of stories how when Betsy came around the eye passed over tehm and it was calm quite and that had a blue sky then violently teh winds and rains came back withing minuets.

We got one squall a little while ago I remember hearing hte hard rain on my roof for a few min.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I had my emotional breakdown a few minutes ago, tears and all as I came to the understanding that there will be people riding out Katrina and lives will be lost, so I'm back to help provide info that hopefully might help someone survive this. Having experienced the Cat 1 Katrina, it makes my stomach sink to depths never felt thinking what a Cat 4 or 5 Katrina will bring. I pray for you all and I ask everyone, regardless of religion or lack of religion to wish everyone in the path of Katrina well.

www.stormsurvival.homestead.com...

During the storm, remain indoors. It is no longer believed advisable to keep a window slightly open in order to prevent certain types of wind damage. Keep all windows closed. Stay inside your safe room and away from windows, skylights and doors, even if they are covered. Close all interior doors. Secure and brace external doors, particularly double inward opening doors.

Mizar, if you're still on, I hope you have brought that metal lawn chair inside. Have something hopefully 2x4's again to brace the door from the inside. And once your power goes out, it will get hot in a hurry, don't be tempted to open the window, not even a crack. Have easy access to blankets or better yet a mattress to take cover under. ALso have handheld saw or other tools you can use to perhaps cut your way out of the roof, if flooding becomes the problem. Keep your ladders inside too, best thing to do is get all essentials from the garage, kitchen etc and keep close to you in a central location..so you can get to it as the need arises.

there you go Nerd
glad you brought it back up

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Definately no windows open. Once the air gets in the roof will go flying off. You want your windows closed and as protected as possible. Roofs make like the wings of jets and wind blowing over them will create lift if wind gets under it as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have been looking to different Live Cams in New Orleans the whole day. Since around 15 minutes ago, the Live Cam of the Bridge was not working. Now it works but I cannot see anything but water.
Though, I am not there, I am scared for all of you. Oh, my God!

When do you think Katrina will reach New Orleans? I do not think it will wait till 7 am but would say you will start feeling it coming from a few hours before, don´t you?

Oh, please, keep posting meanwhile possible and keep us informed.
We will pray for all of you...and cross our fingers.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm betting your on Cavendish Pl.

If I'm wrong I'll send you a Loonie from Canada.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thanks for correcting me on that one WW! Glad its brought to attention again!

Does anyone have the expected time of landfall and time till it hits NO?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
7am is what I am getting from most news sources. Hurricane conditions will be there as soon as midnight.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Last I heard Nerdling was about noon tomorrow, but I don't think that is still accurate, I think the eyewall may actually come ashore much earlier more like 4-5am, if i find anything more concrete I'll let you know.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Aerial Shot

I whipped open my NASA software and took some images of New Orleans and the area around it. I'll post some more soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here we go...

This is what I am worried about loosing...

My Piano and my 10 inch dobsion telescope... In that ice chest is 150 pds of ice and we have another one filled with about 25. Of course my house is amess because we have all kinds of junt inside from outside. I may start cleaning when I start getting worried...

Ok now the really valuable prized stuff that Manhood is made off...

This is my garage. In it is.. 1 1973 Stingray Corvette, 2 Honda Dirtbikes (200 cc, 400cc) 1 1969 Triumph motorcycle, 1 2001 Black Harleydavidson Super glide and our i thing 1975 sportsmaster checkmate speed/ bass boat. Oh and I can't forget my Fuji Road bike. Bicycle that is. IVe had it for 2 years and have put about 1500 miles on it. not bad I do say. I ride shortdistances over driving...

And of course Our current conditions.. (I'm making this all too personal arent I? I mean if anythign happens I think all of us are goign to feel my greif... I mean you know my prized possessions my house location even my address if you look on my mail box! eek! oh well )
Rain and wind....

If you have been through any tropical system you know what I am talkining about here. A few seconds ago we had a big gust and I heard that "boom" you hear on your windows. That means things are going to start picking up.

I do believe my decrotaive glass front door is going to blow out because of the preassure. I forget who asked by someone asked about the preasure being different outside than in. and yes thats a big problem because windows can burst. but leavign a window open can actually make it worse becasue all the high preasure tries to go to that low and a big vacume can occur thats why you do not want to open andything during the storm,

Oh yeah let me show yall my bunker....
ITs my wash room, we built it with this in mind. THoes two doors are 1 1/2 inch thick solid Oak blast fire retardant doors. No windows in the center of the house and behind where I took this photo there is a large freezer with all kinds of goodies in it. see that nice perty Axe in the corner... We have 2 rooms like this in the house actually 3. they do not have the same massive doors but they are secluded interior rooms, my pantry and my guest bathroom.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join