It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Mizar, I know I'm new, but I have been watching this thread all day and I can respect why you are staying.......and I I haven't been religious in a long time, but to sum up what everyone is saying, if I may be so bold............God bless, and make it through this.....................

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
7pm Advisory

AT 7 PM CDT...0000Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE KATRINA WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 27.2 NORTH... LONGITUDE 89.1 WEST OR ABOUT 130 MILES
SOUTH OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER.

KATRINA IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHWEST NEAR 11 MPH...AND A
TURN TO THE NORTH IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS. ON THIS TRACK
THE CENTER OF THE HURRICANE WILL BE NEAR THE NORTHERN GULF COAST
EARLY MONDAY. HOWEVER...CONDITIONS ARE ALREADY BEGINNING TO
DETERIORATE ALONG PORTIONS OF THE CENTRAL AND NORTHEASTERN GULF
COAST...AND WILL CONTINUE TO WORSEN THROUGH THE NIGHT.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 160 MPH...WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
KATRINA IS A POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC CATEGORY FIVE HURRICANE ON
THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON SCALE. SOME FLUCTUATIONS IN STRENGTH ARE LIKELY
PRIOR TO LANDFALL...AND KATRINA IS EXPECTED TO MAKE LANDFALL AT
CATEGORY FOUR OR FIVE INTENSITY. WINDS AFFECTING THE UPPER FLOORS
OF HIGH-RISE BUILDINGS WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER THAN THOSE
NEAR GROUND LEVEL.

KATRINA IS A LARGE HURRICANE. HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD
UP TO 105 MILES FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS
EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 230 MILES. SUSTAINED TROPICAL STORM FORCE
WINDS ARE ALREADY OCCURRING OVER THE SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA COAST.

A NOAA HURRICANE HUNTER PLANE REPORTED A MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE OF
904 MB...26.69 INCHES.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hey no worries. I'm the guy who had two bones sticking out my arm and was making jokes with the Medics on the ambulance. Most of all I got Jesus
. Long standing joke there. Everyone who knows me says I am highly optmistic most they have ever seen and many have said that I am the most relgious person they have ever seen. So I'm fine.

Katie once told me "We could never have kids because if we took them to the beach and one was drowning you would scream ' DONT DRINK THAT WATER IT WILL MAKE YOU SICK!' "

meaning I never panic.

My sister is going insane because my family and I refuse to allow her to smoke cigerrates in the house and she really wants to smoke but cant get outside. so... yeah I'm more worried about my sister driving us all crazy.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hey Mizar, good luck to you!

Maybe you should call FoxNews and tell them you're staying at home
It would be nice to see a member on air.

To Call FOX News Channel:
1-888-369-4762

You'll be fiiiiiiine!

Just stay indoors, period! Remember that the eyewall may pass over you and cause a false sense of quiet.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Mizar.......I've been following this all day and I am of course always reticent to be repitious in a thread where my sentiments are well expressed....but here goes anyway...

"Take care of yourself."

I'm looking forward to the communicae that will express your successful endurance. And at that point...I'll say, "Well played, old chap.....well played..."

My thoughts will truly be with you and yours......

WorldWatcher.....you are an inspiration...

*MemoryShock takes on a solemn period of wait*

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Mizar.......I've been following this all day and I am of course always reticent to be repitious in a thread where my sentiments are well expressed....but here goes anyway...

"Take care of yourself."

I'm looking forward to the communicae that will express your successful endurance. And at that point...I'll say, "Well played, old chap.....well played..."

My thoughts will truly be with you and yours......

WorldWatcher.....you are an inspiration...

*MemoryShock takes on a solemn period of wait*

Ditto on all points!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted yet.. But it is something worth reading if you have time..

The Big One

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Mizar, stay safe and I wish you the best! I will be praying for you and the rest of the people who have to weather out the storm. Hopefully it will not be as bad as they predict. But the meteorologists might just be right, for once, this time. As the projected path of the hurricane has been correct so far.

Mizar you are very brave for posting pictures on ATS, but don't be too foolish, and STAY INDOORS!

You have my way above vote.

Again God Bless and Stay Safe!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
hey man just try to be safe, cnn said there may be a lvl of water 28ft so just try to be safe

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Mizar, I wish you well of course but, you guys really should not push your luck with this storm.

If you wait too long, you may not have enough time to make it to safety.

Hurricane Isabelle did tremendous damage up here in Northern VA and those outer band
winds were only clocking between 60 and 80 MPH.

The scariest moment was when I ran outside in the middle of the night to get some cigarettes from my truch and the wind literally sounded evil.
The storm hit before daybreak and we woke up to toppled trees and powerlines eveywhere.

We lost power for 6 days. You may be out for much longer.

It may be best to put most of your perishable food in the freezer before the power goes off.

I hope you have a Coleman camp stove or gas grill, candles, canned goods, bottled beverages, manual can opener, some clothing stored in tightly closed bags, lots of extra water stored in bathtubs for cooking, bathing, flushing etc.

TAKE photos of everything you consider valuable and burn it to CD. or up it to Image Shack for safe keeping.

Best of luck to you and your family.

[edit on 28-8-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
UM_Gazz that article "The Big One" was amazing to read -- thanks for posting the link. Too bad mods can't get Way Aboves or my last one would be used for that post.

Looking at the people still waiting to get into the Dome in the rain and all -- it is amazing that people are staying as calm as they are.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
OK I've decided I'm goign to stay logged onto the ATS chat As long as possible AKA until my power goes out. SO I may not be there to talk but that just is to show you all I'm still OK.

Currently no rain jsut some light wind kinda strange...

I'm in my room listening to "Riders on the Storm" by THe Doors

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yes that Big One story was amazing. If it does hit, I think there will be no cleaning up from this.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Mizar, I don't know what you are up to right now, or if you can even read this. But there is no need in taking any further risks to bring us either pictures or video of this extreme and dangerous storm.

Stay inside as others have advised you here.

Be advised that unless this storm weakens a great deal you'll be faced with an incoming surge of gulf water as high as 20-30 feet. as the eye wall passes your area it could be east of the lake above you and then force even more water from the lake southward toward your area. You could also be faced with hurricane force winds for hours.. some gusts could be greater than 150 mph.

This is nothing to be taking chances with.. You should already have your safe room ready.. But most important at this point is to be ready for extreme and rapid flooding.

May God be with you and yours.

UM_Gazz

[edit on 28-8-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In case you haven't done the math or need help visually here it is... the surge estimates and the wave estimates.

Surge estimate from weather.com

Wave estimates from oceanweather.com

With a surge of 20' to 25' plus waves of up to 40' you are looking at the top of the waves being some 60' above the normal water line. No problem clearing a 15' wall there.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Mizar, you may want to also consider backing up your pc, shutting it down and covering it garbage bags. I'm looking at the streetcam from Fat Harry's and it's fairly quiet at the moment for you, light winds and light rain, the center of Katrina is still 230 miles away from you but the weather will continue to deteriorate in a hurry. Hurricane force winds extend 105 miles out from the center and tropical force winds extend 230 miles from the center...so you'll start feeling the breeze real soon....power should be going out as soon as tropical force winds are sustained over 35-40 mph.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It was a late night for me last night. About 5:00am or so followed by only 3 hours of sleep so I am calling it a night so unless something major happens I won't be posting any updates. Nerdling is taking over for the evening since he never sleeps anyway

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words...

This image updates automatically.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hang in there Mizar! This thing is a monster so stay in doors and don't take any chances. Stay safe and good luck!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Mizar, definitely take care.

I'm not sure why you are staying? I've looked in this long thread to find out why? You make your own choices, but this is not something I would try to weather out. It doesn't make you less of a person to get out of the way of something this big.

Troy

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join