It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hello,

Sorry if this video has been posted, but with 70+ pages I do not think I saw this one. Anyways good explanation of how he does his lev trick.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Sinsear]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yes, I posted that video a long time ago. From his own mouth and demonstration he shows how he levitates.

Yet I bet the believers will say "he's just doing that to show how it can be faked. And that he can do the high levitations and certain ones without using that trick!"

Why doesn't he use his magical, gravity defying powers all the time and why not in the video? Oh yeah, I clearly forgot. He keeps them for special occasions! Right, got you now!

LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here's an interview with CA I'm not sure has been posted.

He was asked if the Luxor Float was an Illusion.
He gave the usual blur the lines between what's real & what's illusion. So he wouldn't outright admit it was an Illusion, but he says (not exact words) he has to be on top of his game and not get caught by all those spectators with cell phones & video cams etc .... this suggests it WAS an illusion, and if not done right the trick could have been exposed. If he was able to float with his Chi TK, why be concerned with being caught from a bad viewing angle?

Interview Chris Vernon Show

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

The radio interview and the cell phone comment he makes in it is not conclusive one way or the other.

In that interview, clocked at about 7:18, he says...

A lot of what I do is pure illusion. A lot of it is completely real like my Mind, Body, and Spirit demonstrations...So my job is to blur that line between both and allow the audience, the spectators, to determine if it's real or an illusion...

InSpiteOf...take note of the above.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
" A lot of it is COMPLETELY REAL, LIKE MY MIND, BODY, SPIRIT DEMONSTRATIONS ". Now, will the deniers QUIT saying that Criss denies having any ' special ' abilities? My God, here he says it plainly and openly .

You deniers read the above quote and tell us what part of that tells us that all Criss does is use props that no one can see or photograph or allege. Criss admits here that a lot of what he does is REAL, meaning NOT with props or tricks or paid off legions.

One of the biggest points that the deniers always fall back on is the supposed ' confessions ' that Criss has made wherein he states that he is not ' special ' and that anyone can do what he does, given the same attributes that he has access to.

Once again we have whittled away another foundation block of the deniers main theme and still we hear no remarks about THAT!! Wonder why? I GUARANTEE that the deniers will ignore this PROOF and just continue spouting the same old guesses as usual.

PR< they are in a classic state of denial, and no evidence will convince them. These people are UNABLE to process information correctly and their perceptions are clouded by preconceived notions. Simple. Peope who do not WANT to wake up will keep their eyes closed and try to slumber no matter the time of day or the reality they must face. Classic denial.

There really can be no other explanation for continued refusal to admit the truth and see the obvious: Since NO evidence of any props has ever been shown, proven or even alleged, they still cling to a desperate desire to be in control of their reality and to know its parameters totally in order to protect them from trauma and shock.

STILL not ONE answer, other than the laughable excuses that Pavil suggests, that try to explain the events!! See! They cannot answer the question because they KNOW that they will sound desperate and silly trying to get intelligent people to believe a fairy tale that has NO proofs at all. So they just ignore the facts and question and continue to demand that WE respond to nonsensical and worthless side issues ..they do that because they cannot face the main issues: Criss usues NO PROPS in his high levitations and none has ever been shown or alleged.

The deniers are left looking silly if they deny the reality and the facts, so they just ignore all challenges that they KNOW would make them look spurious and silly. Ignoring the facts makes them totally unable to continue with an intelligent and worthwhile discussion so they ressort to silliness and nonsense to fill the gaps in their own credibility. Sad, isn't it?

The deniers are content to live in a world where they cannot firgure out something as simple as how to interpret the evidence presented..they simply do not mind that Criss is so much smaerter than them, if he can trick them over and over and never allow one iota of proof to be gleaned from his events that would prove the deniers claims.

PR, we have blown them away intellectually and factually; all they have left now is stutter and stammer and hem and haw...thats all. We know what we KNOW: Criss does NOT use props in those events and that is a fact!!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
" A lot of it is COMPLETELY REAL, LIKE MY MIND, BODY, SPIRIT DEMONSTRATIONS ". Now, will the deniers QUIT saying that Criss denies having any ' special ' abilities? My God, here he says it plainly and openly .

You deniers read the above quote and tell us what part of that tells us that all Criss does is use props that no one can see or photograph or allege. Criss admits here that a lot of what he does is REAL, meaning NOT with props or tricks or paid off legions.

Ahem, where specifically, does he state that his high levitations are demonstrations of Spirit? How do you know that he is referring to high levitations? How do you know he is not reffering to, as PR puts it, his fakir demonstrations? Ohhh righ, your guessing because it fits your view!

Secondly, why is CA telling the undenyable truth in this interview, but telling a bald faced lie in the interview when he says he has no powers? What makes this interview the truth? The only difference I see is that what he is saying, helps your side.

Criss says he has no powers, you say he's lying.
Criss says some of his demonstrations are real (NOTE: he doesnt say which demonstrations) and you believe him word for word.

PR, we have blown them away intellectually and factually; all they have left now is stutter and stammer and hem and haw...thats all. We know what we KNOW: Criss does NOT use props in those events and that is a fact!!

To the Bolded: Facts are things that can be proven, over and over, as truths. You have proven NOTHING! Your case is suppositions, assumptions, and guesses based on feelings.

I see a lot of people using this saying so here goes: Absence of evidence is not evidence of absense. Just because you cannot see the props, doesnt mean their not there.

Once again, list your facts and the evidence used to back them up.

I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR STATISTICAL ANALYSIS

Im glad im the first to reply to your post, maybe this time you wont ignore what i have to say.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

I will keep asking till you answer my question.The longer you delay, the weaker your position looks.

Knowing what you do now about the Freemont levitation, that the same girl was levitated by CA on a previous special.

Do you think it is possible that the Freemont levitation was prearranged?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If I may interject...

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
How do you know he is not reffering to, as PR puts it, his fakir demonstrations?

Generally speaking, when I refer to the abilities of a fakir, it is in respect to their unique control over their bodies in being able to pierce their flesh with little or no pain or blood loss, lower their metabolic rate, etc. It is not in reference to a Gift of Prana that enables one to do high levitations

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Secondly, why is CA telling the undenyable truth in this interview, but telling a bald faced lie in the interview when he says he has no powers?

That is an excellent question

I pose that the reason why he did that in the second case is because he was on a radio show that was hosted by a well-known skeptic, Penn, of Penn & Teller fame.

A couple of times at least - on the other radio show recently addressed and on FOX - he stated that a lot of what he does is real and a lot of what he does is an illusion.

But when cornered on a skeptic radio show, he will just say that he has no Gifts or powers at all.

This way, Criss Angel manages to avoid the ridicule of claiming to have telekinetic or psychokinetic abilities (that Uri Geller has had to put up with in droves over the years) and he can still laugh all the way to the bank.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

That's right.

Whenever Criss Angel refers to using the Mind-Body-Spirit connection in a feat, it points not to his advanced physical discipline like that of a fakir, but to his Gift of Prana which enables him to do his high levitations.

Why?

Because a Spirit connection may not be required for some of his skin piercing feats but is necessary in order to perform his high levitations

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
NO PAVIL, I do NOT think that the levitation was ' prearranged '. There is no evidence of such and never has been. All that means, as I have said over and over, is that the same girl may live near Vegas and is a fan and had the luck to be in on two of Criss' events. Thats all. That is the most LIKELY explanation. But what does that have to do with the real issues? NOTHING!! THAT is why you keep insisting on addressing these minor nothings instead of facing the hard cold truth: You are barren of any evidence whatsoever and must rely on guesses as your mainstay.

The other reply above deserves no answer, it is so sorry; Where does Criss say the Luxor and golf course events are the ones that are done with the MIND/BODY/SPIRIT demonstartions that Criss mentions? Excuse me, but LOGIC and COMMON SENSE tell ANYONE with a shred of perceptive ability that those are the events that are done that way because: YOU DENIERS have NEVER been able to show any props in those events, never shown any way that props could have been used, never shown a witness who saw props, never produced a single shred of proof that there are props there..so doesn't it seem LIKELY that those are the events he is talking about?

I mean, come on..lets get real. OBVIOUSLY he is talking about the high levitations and certain others when he talks about using the ' real ' powers he uses for those events. It only makes sense!! At least to anyone dedicated to intellectual honesty, that is. What events do YOU think he was referring to, the simple ones that are more easily attributed to ' illusions' or ' tricks"? Hmm? You are asking us to believe nonsense and you are being a nitpicking and dishonest fraud if you are alleging that Criss is talking about the smaller and more common feats, that would be ridiculous.

That is like saying " Gee, it is really hot and bright out today " and having a denier say " Who says he is talking about the sun?". It is OBVIOUS what is being talked about, at least to anyone with any intelligence and critical thinking ability. I admit that the deniers do not hold much stock in logic and common sense but that is the standard we must all go by. Denier logic is not logical, it is totally illogical to anyone that is not already convinced of a point of view and intractable in their beliefs despite all the facts and evidence.

Oh, sorry, I forgot..the deniers always have to resort to the most sorry and far out excuses to try and bolster your claims of props where none are..and now that Criss has come out and said that he uses the REAL abilities, the MIND/BODY/SPIRIT demonstrations, and that totally blew your case away for Criss claiming he has no abilities and that it is all tricks..you still will not be honest!! You still cling to silly and incredible reaches of the least possible ways to explain an event.

It really is pathetic..it really is. When I read a post that insults the intelligence and that has zero chance of being likley, I almost feel sorry for a denier; but I cannot because you are smart enough to know when you are totally without evidence and yet all you can do is try and distract from the main issues with nonsense and suppositions that are based on NOTHING but guesses, and bad ones at that. Pathetic. I would be asahmed to try and present a case with NO evidence, no contrary proofs, no witnesses, nothing but " Maybe..Maybe.." That is the mantra of the denier: Ignore the facts, promote the least possible scenarios and deny reality.

Dealing with deniers is much like dealing with children; they will deny and lie and ignore and hold on to their version of reality until they are FORCED to admit they are wrong. The mindset of a denier is the same as that of a small child; demanding evidence that will NEVER be enough or accepted, crying about being mistreated when all we are doing is pointing out obvious truths, whining about how all the others are wrong and they are right..even though no proof of that ever exists.

It is a waste of time to try and convince the dull of wit; they simply CANNOT handle the truth and so will deny it even if it was right there in front of them. Just think how UNlikley it would be for a denier to actually turn around and admit that they are finally cornered and unable to talk their way out of facts and logic and evidence and witnesses; then they simply run away, never being man enough to admity being in error. That is the traits of a coward and a loser and the deniers are showing signs of actually being dishonest intelluectually, and that is doom for a cause.

I will soon post a point by point critique of the deniers claims, with refutations..not that it will matter; deniers are so dishonest that no amount of proof or words will suffice. Unless you are able to get them to rid themselves of the fear of new paradigms you will never be able to convince the deniers; they are not intellectually honest, and therefore unable to receive truth. Sad, isn't it? Maybe some day...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Funny how he doesn't say which tricks are real. I'm sure some of them are. Like the string coming out his eye and where he's suspended from hooks, etc. He never says he can levitate. If suspending from hooks are "special abilities" then sure he has one and I sure can't swallow a string and make it come out my eye. He never once even alludes that he is refering to any levitation. You are assuming. We all now what assuming gets us.

One of the biggest points that the deniers always fall back on is the supposed ' confessions ' that Criss has made wherein he states that he is not ' special ' and that anyone can do what he does, given the same attributes that he has access to.

Once again we have whittled away another foundation block of the deniers main theme and still we hear no remarks about THAT!! Wonder why? I GUARANTEE that the deniers will ignore this PROOF and just continue spouting the same old guesses as usual.

That's not proof of anything. What did you prove? No one ever said he didn't actually do some things, all that has been said is that he cannot levitate. You proved nothing other than that a few of his demonstrations are real. Some of his demonstrations aren't illusions. The levitations are illusion.

PR< they are in a classic state of denial, and no evidence will convince them. These people are UNABLE to process information correctly and their perceptions are clouded by preconceived notions. Simple. Peope who do not WANT to wake up will keep their eyes closed and try to slumber no matter the time of day or the reality they must face. Classic denial.

There really can be no other explanation for continued refusal to admit the truth and see the obvious: Since NO evidence of any props has ever been shown, proven or even alleged, they still cling to a desperate desire to be in control of their reality and to know its parameters totally in order to protect them from trauma and shock.

I wish you could prove to me that a man can levitate unassisted. I would be very interested in seeing it and learning about the forces at work. However, you can't prove that. You provide no information for us to process incorrectly. The problem is you cannot believe that you may have been fooled. You don't even have a television to watch Criss Angel. You have seen YouTube videos and just take PR's promise that it is real. That's not evidence.

STILL not ONE answer, other than the laughable excuses that Pavil suggests, that try to explain the events!! See! They cannot answer the question because they KNOW that they will sound desperate and silly trying to get intelligent people to believe a fairy tale that has NO proofs at all. So they just ignore the facts and question and continue to demand that WE respond to nonsensical and worthless side issues ..they do that because they cannot face the main issues: Criss usues NO PROPS in his high levitations and none has ever been shown or alleged.

The deniers are left looking silly if they deny the reality and the facts, so they just ignore all challenges that they KNOW would make them look spurious and silly. Ignoring the facts makes them totally unable to continue with an intelligent and worthwhile discussion so they ressort to silliness and nonsense to fill the gaps in their own credibility. Sad, isn't it?

I don't have to explain how he did it. Since no one else has ever supposedly actually levitated before, then the burden of proof lies with you. It's like the bigfoot arguement. Many people believe that it exists, but they have nothing but grainy video and out of focus pictures to back up their claim. Believability comes with hard evidence, of which you have none. There are no facts supplied by you to ignore.

The deniers are content to live in a world where they cannot firgure out something as simple as how to interpret the evidence presented..they simply do not mind that Criss is so much smaerter than them, if he can trick them over and over and never allow one iota of proof to be gleaned from his events that would prove the deniers claims.

Who's being tricked?

How is that a fact? How can you prove that he didn't use props? Isn't it questionable whether we landed on the moon the first time? Isn't it questionable whether a plane caused the twin towers to collapse? Aren't there video's of both which were taken as fact from the get go, but later were questioned?

How come we respond to all of your questions and you ignore ours? How come you can do nothing other than respond with a rambling diatribe? You are like arguing with a child. But why, why, why, why?

You have proven nothing. Human beings do not levitate unassisted. Until you provide ONE factual proof of a human levitating that isn't a video, you have nothing but whimsical fantasy. I repeat, just one actual proof that isn't a video.

You have provide no links, no articles, no references, no claims other than YouTube video and PR himself, your "witness" won't come forward and you ignore our questions. Where is your foundation of your claim? Did you leave it in a YouTube video? You perform no research, whereas we spend hours upon hours. You believe this so strongly that you can't grasp the idea that you may be wrong. You say we have our eyes closed. Who's side puts people on ignore so they don't have to hear the truth?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

When he gives this Mind, Spirit and Body answer, it refers to the physical stunts, they're real (until further notice anyways). He's saying that he can use his mind to block out the pain, etc. but you see it as a connecting to a spirit, or entities that takes over his mind and body.You think this answer applies to the levitations, building walks, walk on water, etc, when he clearly says it applies to the physical stunts - " A lot of it is COMPLETELY REAL, LIKE MY MIND, BODY, SPIRIT DEMONSTRATIONS "

[edit on 12-9-2007 by violet]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

NO PAVIL, I do NOT think that the levitation was ' prearranged '. There is no evidence of such and never has been. All that means, as I have said over and over, is that the same girl may live near Vegas and is a fan and had the luck to be in on two of Criss' events. Thats all. That is the most LIKELY explanation ...

One of those Stooges videos, showed this twice levitated girl also appearing, for a third time as an assistant in shorts.

Of course she lives near Vegas, it would be quite a long commute to work if she didn't! Her first levitation took place in New York.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hey it least you finally tried to answer it, I think I only had to ask Three Times this time. Not much of a rebuttal, just statiing your opinion with no evidence to support it.

NO PAVIL, I do NOT think that the levitation was ' prearranged '. There is no evidence of such and never has been. All that means, as I have said over and over, is that the same girl may live near Vegas and is a fan and had the luck to be in on two of Criss' events. Thats all. That is the most LIKELY explanation. But what does that have to do with the real issues? NOTHING!! THAT is why you keep insisting on addressing these minor nothings instead of facing the hard cold truth: You are barren of any evidence whatsoever and must rely on guesses as your mainstay.

There is evidence suggesting a conspiracy. The two levitations were done in TWO different (Vegas and NYC) cities and and in TWO different States (NV and NY) yet used the same girl? Your explanation is NOT the most likely. More probable is that girl is an accomplice of CA and that is why she is present in TWOseparate levitation's in TWO separate states performed years apart. It has everything to do with the "real issues" as it is proof that he stages these two levitation's with the same girl.

That you are blind to that is astounding. The odds of the same girl being present at both levitations, then selected to be the "one" are astronomical unless it is a prearranged setup. This is especially so given the difference in locations and the time lag between levitations. For that girl to be present at the Freemont levitation that had to occur very late in the night, given the lack of real crowd there, means she must be a real CA groupie like you and he would have noticed her previously and wouldn't have spouted the "we've never met before right?

I have a sneaky feeling that indeed the girl in the metamorphosis trick is the same girl as well. I remember from watching that show, at the very end they show her in the ambulance where we could get a better shot of her face. Criss Angel also mentions her name. The Youtube videos I have watched cut off right after the trick.

Your explanation of the why the same girl gets levitated years apart in two different States is comical. I bet that girl won the lotto too.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The other reply above deserves no answer, it is so sorry;

And yet, you answered with another longwinded diatribe.

Where does Criss say the Luxor and golf course events are the ones that are done with the MIND/BODY/SPIRIT demonstartions that Criss mentions? Excuse me, but LOGIC and COMMON SENSE tell ANYONE with a shred of perceptive ability that those are the events that are done that way

In other words, You assume thats what he's talking about.

because: YOU DENIERS have NEVER been able to show any props in those events, never shown any way that props could have been used, never shown a witness who saw props, never produced a single shred of proof that there are props there..

We have shown that video editing is within the relm of CA's production team. Thats all he needs to do to hide such things. Again, show us RAW footage and we will show you props.

so doesn't it seem LIKELY that those are the events he is talking about?

No, it seems more likely that he was referring to those demonstrations that require him to slow his motabolism, pierce his skin, or hurt himself in another fashion.

I mean, come on..lets get real. OBVIOUSLY he is talking about the high levitations and certain others when he talks about using the ' real ' powers he uses for those events. It only makes sense!! At least to anyone dedicated to intellectual honesty, that is.

Oh right, you and yours are the only honest people in this thread. Forgot you were judge, jury, and executioner.

What events do YOU think he was referring to, the simple ones that are more easily attributed to ' illusions' or ' tricks"? Hmm?

How bout the one where he hands from hooks suspended from a helicopter?

You are asking us to believe nonsense and you are being a nitpicking and dishonest fraud if you are alleging that Criss is talking about the smaller and more common feats, that would be ridiculous.

Im a fraud?
So not believing what you do makes me "intellectually dishonest, a nitpicking fraud," and god knows what else you have called me?
This is ATS bud, courtesy is mandatory here. Normally i just ignore your snide remarks and attacks, but im really getting sick of it. On their own, im sure they would be considered harmless, but you have a history in this thread of throwing these terms at people. Keep it up and Ill pass the case over to a mod. I doubt im the only one getting sick of these comments.

I will soon post a point by point critique of the deniers claims, with refutations..

Good, i only asked for it like 5 pages ago. Please, do include you statistical analysis that proves the odds are in favor of CA being able to levitate over the odds of using props.

That is, unless you haven't done any, and lack the ability to.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Walking on a Wall real or not?

EDIT: As he starts his walk up the wall, take notice of the Greenery alongside the building and pathway. He goes past the trees, and he is then shown being filmed coming up the building and he has now gone completely past all the plantlife. Suddenly, at around the 00.37 mark, a leaf is behind his shoulder, in full view!

This film is all over the place, plants disappearing then reappearing. The distances between him and the ground changes back and forth. Shadows on the ground change.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
When he gives this Mind, Spirit and Body answer, it refers to the physical stunts, they're real (until further notice anyways).

Criss Angel has also used that point in a general context, as he did in the interview he had on FOX with John Gibson. So to state that he uses it only in regard to his self-mutilations is not an accurate appraisal.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Originally posted by violet
When he gives this Mind, Spirit and Body answer, it refers to the physical stunts, they're real (until further notice anyways).

Criss Angel has also used that point in a general context, as he did in the interview he had on FOX with John Gibson.

Is this the fork bending interview on FOX? If so, didn't hear him say this

Interview with Criss Angel - (Regarding his World Record Time Body Suspension)
Q: Why are you doing this "Body Suspension" stunt?
CA: To demonstrate the power of the mind, body and spirit when they work as one. Today, people are so caught up with technology, they over look the most powerful computer "The Human Brain."

source

About the Body Suspension by Helicopter ...

UGO: In many ways, you seem like the Bruce Lee of magic. How do you balance discipline and the physical with spirituality and magic?
CRISS: I think that when the mind, body, and spirit work together, anything is possible. I live my life with that belief

CRISS:... So, what did I do? I confronted probably the most obscure and painful scenario with hooks; to have four hooks placed into your back with no painkillers or anything and hang by a helicopter more than a thousand feet above the Valley of Fire. That's what I try to illustrate in the demonstrations of mind, body, and spirit so people can see that.

source

By the way, regarding the first body suspension, he says in an interview a year later, he has scars

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
double post

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
double post...sorry

[edit on 13-9-2007 by violet]

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>