It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
LoL! Sorry for digging up the past here (I had to read the whole thread to participate), but this is hilarious. A Zulu tribe in the Jungle? Bahahaha!

Zulu's are native to South Africa. KwaZulu-Natal (Spot the Zulu...) to be precise. Zulu's don't perform magic tricks in the Jungle for American tourists. Ever. It's ridiculous. They do have a magic called "Muti". It's similar to Voodoo and are strictly for medicinal purposes. Not to entertain our American guests. I'm sorry Dallas. That post was just preposterous.

Back to topic... I think those that believe that these tricks played by people like David Blaine and Chris Angel should go do a magic store (i.e. store for magicians) and get a good thick book on Illusions. It will be a huge disappointment, but at least they won't have to believe that Chris Angel has supernatural powers anymore. There's an Ebook that reveals David Blaine's magic, travelling the Internet. That's a good place to start.

that zulu magic is interesting...

i would like to see that ebook, have a link???

Originally posted by thematrix
America and Europe are full of ugly fat people, how come that in his video's there are always hot chicks and sporty guys doing all the awws and whows?

good job making fun of about a billion people

maybe its because all the pretty people live in LA (except for my girlfriend who lives in NY)

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
TSA I posted the links for the Ebook in the 'walking on water' thread. (Can't copy and paste using ATS Mobile
)

-

Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

-

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The man criss is a cool man, in the reality we live in all he puts his concentration on is the mind, as many of his trick are just optical illusions, some do indeed mystify anyone, in some respects this man is a genius for taking past illusions and sharing them once again in a new profound way, that surely keeps guys like us questioning and asking how.... his tricks and even if they are his tricks are simple but complicated when you are drawn into him, he works with one then another, i think most of the time we would see most of his tricks as fake if we saw each one seperated... ok and then the quarter in the arm, thats crazy....

---but i found this video about david blaine and criss angel, its a compialation, you see that criss angel has perfected alot of tricks that david did, obviously to make them more believable like levitation.

(www.metacafe.com...)

and also guys please check out what people have posted on the bottom, I do not know how to quote that, so.... but the people explain alot of what his powers might be derived from, as of Bible references and just plain powers of the mind.---

An in all reality he always seems to say that, no one has ever or will ever match what he has done, and in that, this could be a whole other level of illusion and magic.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by promytheus]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jago
There is nothing amazing about the concept. There is a real problem when TV is the seperation between you and the person in question and as long as we are unable to tangibly inspect the person, there will always be questions about what was done..

As far as what I have seen, all of the tricks could be recreated with low budget special effects.. I've seen it done numerous times with street magicians and stage magicians alike.. Once, I get a video of the first episode, I will recap it play-by-play

I will recap play by play ... This guy is very tricky ... All of his stunts cannot be preformed by just anybody. His balance is UN TOUCHABLE by any of you ... Unless you study arts that I have not seen mentioned here. Which I will not mention ... because you guys are way on the wrong track ... There are arts ... Such as what you all call Yoga lmao ....

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
criss dont know nothing this has to be a mock up, there is no other explanation his tricks are trick thats it

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So what do we see now from this thread, is this guy real or not, there is too much contradicting evidence.... iam confused

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by promytheus
So what do we see now from this thread, is this guy real or not, there is too much contradicting evidence.... iam confused

that's the beauty of debating my friend...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So the reality is that there is no reality at all, this is all contrived to be a debate without no end, I want to debate in real, how is there a way to take part in this?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

So the reality is that there is no reality at all, this is all contrived to be a debate without no end, I want to debate in real, how is there a way to take part in this?

brilliant...

first, take a side (do you think angel's work is genuine magic or illusion, just pick any choice)...

then gather any evidence to support your choice...

simple right???

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I believe it is a magic of sorts and mixed with illusion, but is there not a way to have a debate with people to where there has to be a final subject closed, i see how you mean gather info and prove, but i have seen all through this thread and all that happens is back and forth, I think the only we can grab is getting criss angel to say what is for himself... ya know....

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

is getting criss angel to say what is for himself... ya know....

that would be great if angel was in this thread

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
new episode of "mindfreak" on tonight

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jago
There is nothing amazing about the concept. There is a real problem when TV is the seperation between you and the person in question and as long as we are unable to tangibly inspect the person, there will always be questions about what was done..

As far as what I have seen, all of the tricks could be recreated with low budget special effects.. I've seen it done numerous times with street magicians and stage magicians alike.. Once, I get a video of the first episode, I will recap it play-by-play

i have to agree with ya on this. this is television people. please tell me we dont belive what we see on it. if we do belive things on the tv then we are in trouble. i dont belive too much of anything i see and i definatly belive in the things i cant see because thats where the power is. chris angel could be one of the fallen angels or could have aquired some knowledge from them to further thier plan of deception. in the days of noah the nephilim we among humans and even breeding with them. these days are as the days of noah. i can even see lucifer in the early garden doing these very same things to the first adam...telling him that he can do these things and know these things if you just do what i say...but thats another thread

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
w0w...

that's deep funkydung...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i missed tonights past episode, but so in all reality this guy if he were to teach us, would be like, you have to these certain steps to inherit these powers which are just in our minds.... i still have a hard time with not believing the television, i think its going to create a lot of havoc in the future, if they can do stuff like this now, what else.... civil wars will begin and it wont be funny

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
So in television there can be many ways of tricking the human mind, there is so many sumbliminal messages and so on, plus TV tricks which criss denies of but you never really can ever know, we need to get this guy on the thread, so what will happpen next....

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
there should have been a camera inside where the elephant was (in the last episode)...

but, if that was the case, it wouldn't be magic i guess

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well in criss angels case it probably would have still made no difference ya know

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
'So in television there can be many ways of tricking the human mind, there is so many sumbliminal messages and so on, plus TV tricks which criss denies of but you never really can ever know, we need to get this guy on the thread, so what will happpen next.... '
promytheus

Originally posted by they see ALL
there should have been a camera inside where the elephant was (in the last episode)...
but, if that was the case, it wouldn't be magic i guess

First, Promytheus, you say you never really can know, but you can. Just attend a live show like the three Copperfield shows I saw. Then the whole camera trick question becomes a moot point.
I have read numerous posts that state matter-of-factly its all camera tricks and paid audiences. Clearly, these people have never bothered to pay the 50 bucks or so to see it done live. It is easy to make claims when you have no actual data or first hand experience with whatever you are making claims about. I saw it live, and rather than being paid, I paid to see it, and can tell you that when Copperfield levitated there were no cables or harnesses. I am a climber, own 2 harnesses, and know what I saw. I don't have an answer, but one thing I do know is that virtually all the answers I have read on here are not correct.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I find this discussion most interesting indeed.
While there is no doubt that he is performing Illusions, I feel many of you fail to understand the context or framework in which many of the feats are being performed.
There are many levels of Illusion that are being utilized by Criss Angel.
Many of you are dumb founded by the tricks that seem to defy laws of physics as you know them, thus your mind refuses to accept what you have just witnessed, and or fabricate explainations that are even more fantastic or absurd then the trick itself!
Many of this feats are indeed slight of hand and optical illusions.
Although the physical reality itself is an illusion and many of his tricks are perform in a framework that extends beyond the dense physical matter, gravity and time & space as you know it.
Thus when Criss operates from the level that supercedes the physical plane...you are mystified because your perception and beliefs about life are very limited and have so many barriers, that anything that seems to transcend those limitiations cannot be real to you.
It is now widely known amoungst quantum scientist that the amount of actual matter inside an atom is comparable to a quarter inside a football field.
Or 1 apple inside of a whole wall mart store.
Thus everything you are looking at is more nothing than something.
Everything you are looking at is 99.99% nothing.
Why do we see things all around us then?
Because have been gifted with the powers of creation, to create our own reality.
Thus what you see is what you believe. You have created your own version of reality.
There is no such thing as reality outside of you... Its inside your head.
Your brain interpret electromagntic frequencies and then turns them into shapes, colors, sounds, feelings and such, then after that is all done, it passes the information on to you and you see the final result of what your brain is telling you is there.
So there is a buffer between what is actually there and what you are percieving.
The buffer is your mind/brain. Your brain selectively will eliminate any data that it does not believe and not even show it to you. Its true!
Your brain/mind is receiving 400 billion bits of information per second, although the average persons brain/mind is only letting you be aware of 2000 bits of information per second. That means we are attempting to interpret reality while only percieving 0.000000005% of reality!
What holds all of our reality together since everything is more nothing than something? Its simple...Our thoughts and beliefs!
Our thoughts and beliefs are real things that unlimit or limit your reality, your perception and abilites.
Your thoughts actually leave your mind and turn into physical events, circumstances, feelings and reality itself... There is no reality and there is... It is whatever you want it to be and believe or understand it to be. You can learn to manipulated matter, why? Because matter doesnt exist the way you think it does....Its all imagination.
So you can manipulate matter by using your imagination... unlimit your imagination and focus it... unfortunately most people repressed their imagination at puberty and has long since atrophied. Your imagination is even more real than this world, because the imagination created this illusionary world...Why do we all see the same thing then? Because we were all force fed the same version of reality by the media, parents, friends, pastors, priests...etc. Its kinda like a software program.
Although you can erase/re-write your own program. That is what David Blaine and Criss angel and Countless other have done and are doing.
Its called reality engineering.
That is what the New world order boys have perfected long ago... and have thrust their version of reality open us. The illusion is...Is that you are not in control of your reality my friends... The new world order is also and illusion... for they have no power when you know yourself. Peace. Power of Soul

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join