It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I want to help you know more about China.

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   


There so much better Chinese wine ,such as Wuliangye in Sichuan、Maotai in Guizhou、


The maotai has a very strange smell, not like alcohol should. It smells like stir-fry!
I know it's a very famous drink, but I wouldn't make it for myself.

Wuliangye is Chinese vodka, no?



Fenjiu in Shanxi、


I've never tried this, but I will.
The recipe I just found sounds very simple, and contains no herbs. This is a purely recreational wine, something I rarely indulge in.




Luzhoulaojiao in Sichuan


Tequ? I forget the lesser grades, but I think this is what you mean, no? This is what I want to study, create, and improve, as a tribute to du Kang's legendary 'ultimate spirit'. I'm no du Kang, but modern science has opened up new doors. Liquor that keeps you drunk for a week would be very popular if the secret was discovered...

And the taste..is divine. This liquor should also be made in America, so that westerners can stop drinking piss and start enjoying real alcohol. We don't deserve it, but that never stopped us before.




、Tuojiu in Sichuan


I don't know what this is, is there another name for it? Simple rice wine maybe? I'm trying to understand, jiu means 'brew', no? And tuo means 'cast in' or 'husk', or am I completely wrong?

I like sake very much, if this is simply Chinese sake, I'm sure I would enjoy it.



Xifeng in Shanxi(XI'an)


I've never heard of this either, is it a flower wine?



Chinese herb is so miracle, I recomend you to read a book called "Compendium of Materia Medica "


Not many books these days written by Gods.
I never read it, but I know of it, and I know the author, Li Shizhen, was/is very popular because of it. I can't read it because I can't rely on translations for obvious reasons. If someone made a mistake in one word, it could ruin everything.



Medicinal cooking originated in China ,why you study it from Japan?


Because I can't yet read Chinese languages.




posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne


There so much better Chinese wine ,such as Wuliangye in Sichuan、Maotai in Guizhou、


The maotai has a very strange smell, not like alcohol should. It smells like stir-fry!
I know it's a very famous drink, but I wouldn't make it for myself.

Wuliangye is Chinese vodka, no?

maotai is the best liquor in China, Wuliangye isn't like vodka, it could be in the second place , it is made out by 5 kind of grain, good for your health.Vodka is harmful to health.



Fenjiu in Shanxi、


I've never tried this, but I will.
The recipe I just found sounds very simple, and contains no herbs. This is a purely recreational wine, something I rarely indulge in.


This is a liqour loved by ancient poets like Libai . I has a history of 1500 years ,very tasteful ,I like it.



Luzhoulaojiao in Sichuan


Tequ? I forget the lesser grades, but I think this is what you mean, no? This is what I want to study, create, and improve, as a tribute to du Kang's legendary 'ultimate spirit'. I'm no du Kang, but modern science has opened up new doors. Liquor that keeps you drunk for a week would be very popular if the secret was discovered...

And the taste..is divine. This liquor should also be made in America, so that westerners can stop drinking piss and start enjoying real alcohol. We don't deserve it, but that never stopped us before.


One kind of Chinese liquor has some class of its own . what you said "Tequ"is a classified section. it also has "Daqu" "Erqu" and so on . You said Maotai has a strange smell, I guess you didn't drink the right one.If you have Fenjiu, you will forget Dukang.




、Tuojiu in Sichuan


I don't know what this is, is there another name for it? Simple rice wine maybe? I'm trying to understand, jiu means 'brew', no? And tuo means 'cast in' or 'husk', or am I completely wrong?

I like sake very much, if this is simply Chinese sake, I'm sure I would enjoy it.

This is a grain wine, its real name is Tuo. In Chinese ,"jiu" represents liquor or brew. It's not "cast in" it's a single Chinese word ,uncommon used.


Xifeng in Shanxi(XI'an)


I've never heard of this either, is it a flower wine?

It's a grain brew, very good and has a long history . in Shanxi (Xi'an)
[
quote]
Chinese herb is so miracle, I recomend you to read a book called "Compendium of Materia Medica "


Not many books these days written by Gods.
I never read it, but I know of it, and I know the author, Li Shizhen, was/is very popular because of it. I can't read it because I can't rely on translations for obvious reasons. If someone made a mistake in one word, it could ruin everything.

Lishizhen's book has so many language version, you could see the herbs drawing in it.



Medicinal cooking originated in China ,why you study it from Japan?


Because I can't yet read Chinese languages.




posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If a Chinese Government PLA tank was heading towards you, would you stand there or move out of the way?

Also, do you have hatred for the Japanese because of their war crimes committed against your country in the early to mid 1900's?



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
If a Chinese Government PLA tank was heading towards you, would you stand there or move out of the way?

Also, do you have hatred for the Japanese because of their war crimes committed against your country in the early to mid 1900's?



That depends on who 're in my backside . If it's my faith or something I cherished, I would not move.
If a country invade you 3 times ,on the other hand, we always be friendly to him, even in our strongest times,we didn't invade them. what do you think? If they worship the war criminal who ever slaughtered your people, and refused to apologize, what do you think?

1895
1900
1937
we would remeber it . and ,japan would apologize to us ,trust me ,we only want this.




[edit on 18-7-2005 by gejia021]



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
How come you have so much freedom to speak your mind , i thought all Chinese access to the Internet was strictly controlled?



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
How come you have so much freedom to speak your mind , i thought all Chinese access to the Internet was strictly controlled?


That is all the past affair, we have more freedoms to express some things now, the communist have already lost the control tover it , in fact they could never control it again .Certainly, our media are still controled in the hand of communist party , but in the net we have right to say anything .
For us , the barrier is language ,not striction .



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gejia021

That is all the past affair, we have more freedoms to express some things now, the communist have already lost the control tover it , in fact they could never control it again .Certainly, our media are still controled in the hand of communist party , but in the net we have right to say anything .
For us , the barrier is language ,not striction .




They still stop people from viewing some stuff, but every government out there knows that it cannot control everything on the net.

www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 19-7-2005 by ulshadow]



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Heard that you guys have "politics" lessons in your schools over there, which means erm, propaganda for us. What were you taught during the lessons?

Also, do you think China, a populous country, can be a democracy? Can i believe rumours that almost every low and medium level officials are corrupted?

Thanks in advance for the answer!



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotheRaGe
Heard that you guys have "politics" lessons in your schools over there, which means erm, propaganda for us. What were you taught during the lessons?

Also, do you think China, a populous country, can be a democracy? Can i believe rumours that almost every low and medium level officials are corrupted?

Thanks in advance for the answer!


The politic lesson is still existed in school, but the proportion is declining. In my school days ,we had to study more political colored lessons , but now the propaganda is so rare, because it functioned nothing.
In 70s my primary school, we learn "Maxism and Leninism" "Chinese revolutionary history" "politics and economy". These lessons blazon forth communisim, but now they only learn "Denxiaoping idea summary", it has some capitalism color.

I think we would be a democratic nation, but we have a long way to go for the sake of population. Immediate suffrage and general election is not appropriate for China.

The corruption is so severe in China. I think it owes to one party system .If you see a rich Chinese student in US, he can afford car and house ,he probably is the son of a corruption official. But to be frankly ,things are better than the other years.



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

Originally posted by gejia021

That is all the past affair, we have more freedoms to express some things now, the communist have already lost the control tover it , in fact they could never control it again .Certainly, our media are still controled in the hand of communist party , but in the net we have right to say anything .
For us , the barrier is language ,not striction .


They still stop people from viewing some stuff, but every government out there knows that it cannot control everything on the net.

www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 19-7-2005 by ulshadow]




I don't know why they restric MSN ,but in our own website ,words like "democaracy" and "free" is so commonly used ,no one to restrict it.



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
May I ask you your thoughts about the recent statement from China regarding Taiwan, the US and nuclear weapons.

Do you agree or dissagree with Chinas policy of going nuclear if the US were to intervene in a chineese invasion of Taiwan?



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
May I ask you your thoughts about the recent statement from China regarding Taiwan, the US and nuclear weapons.

Do you agree or dissagree with Chinas policy of going nuclear if the US were to intervene in a chineese invasion of Taiwan?



To be frankly, Although our gov isn't a democratic one ,they have done much on this issue,made much concession to Taiwan. We don't want to rule Taiwan because of the system and economy differences, all we want is not breaking off.In this point, as a pro--democratic Chinese ,I agree on what the gov said.

As to the nuclear weapon ,I don't agree on what the general said ,but you must know ,this is the first threat to US made by a senior officer in the army. But as I know ,in the US side ,threats made by US senoir army officer are so much.

Use nuclear weapon to US is not a policy of Chinese gov.It only said by a professor who has a title of general in defense unniversity. I couldn't agree on such a policy or words made by anyone .But ,in my opinion, you 'd better not help Taiwan .The PLA's ability isn't the same as you saw .The data about China's nukes or weaponry you mastered is not so correct. A dictatorship gov wouldn't show his real army strength in public report like your Pentagon. This is my goodwill persuation to you.



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Geija, before asking any questions, I want to commend you for undertaking this in an attempt to spread truth about your country and clear up any misconceptions on this board


Much of what I would have asked has already been answered, but here are a few more questions:

1.) Now that the One-Birth policy is not being closely regulated, there can only be more problems with the population in the near future. Do you see the policy becoming law in the future, or is this never going to happen because China is getting closer and closer to a democracy?

2.) What environmental problems have been acknowledged and fought? Are they still dumping chemicals into the rivers?

3.) You mention that life in China is better now than it was years ago. Could you go into this more and give more examples of how life is improving, or is it only because the Chinese government is becoming less oppressive?


(By the way, I'm not Chinese like some of you might think, just a guy interested in many aspects of Chinese culture
)



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hi Geija and welcome!

I'm very interested about your education system and how your country manages to send
students to the university when families earn so little.

How restrictive are the rules deciding which students qualify for higher education?

It's so very expensive here.

It costs about $20,000 per year now for a 4 year average university education.
It goes much higher for the top Ivy League schools like Yale, Harvard, Princeton and so on...
Then of course, post graduate courses make those expenses much higher.

By the way,

I must compliment you on your English skills.

You are doing very well.







[edit on 19-7-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]



posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
Geija, before asking any questions, I want to commend you for undertaking this in an attempt to spread truth about your country and clear up any misconceptions on this board


Much of what I would have asked has already been answered, but here are a few more questions:

1.) Now that the One-Birth policy is not being closely regulated, there can only be more problems with the population in the near future. Do you see the policy becoming law in the future, or is this never going to happen because China is getting closer and closer to a democracy?

2.) What environmental problems have been acknowledged and fought? Are they still dumping chemicals into the rivers?

3.) You mention that life in China is better now than it was years ago. Could you go into this more and give more examples of how life is improving, or is it only because the Chinese government is becoming less oppressive?


(By the way, I'm not Chinese like some of you might think, just a guy interested in many aspects of Chinese culture
)




Write in English for me is not so easy, something I want to express is not so fluently ,but if you could understand most of it ,i would be very happy .

1.) One-Birth policy will be ended in the future ,because it's proved to be failed to control popolation .Now, offical media don't mention it much,I think it'll be ended in near future ,instead of becoming a law . If it ended up, it owes to both democrcy and pragmatism policy

2.) Now the most serious problem is air pollution,you know we produce a large quauntity of goods, but we invest little on the enviorment protection.
The second is chemical and pesticide pollution ,some area overused pesticide in vegetables and grains.
The third is desertization(no this word???) In the west ,we have developed it so little ,land in there is becoming desert day after day. I have once suggested gov to learn some experiences of the US empoldering their West, and give the land to peasant for a low price ,but In China ,the land is state owned ,if we take this step, many law include constitution should be amended, so it's not so easy,and my suggestion had no response.

3.) We have more jod opportunity and income, for example before 1985, common family could afford a TV set is so rare.Some family has a 9 inch set ,it would be admired by others .But now, we have color TV almost in every family ,
you could easily get a 29inch TV with a little money.
Before 1980 ,some peasants could be starved to death ,but now it is rare, many peasants is richer than citizens. They could go to city for a job,and there is countless job for them .Of course ,what I said is not high wages jobs.
We now could have many leasure time and have money to spend on it .fir example ,our tourism is floorishing in a speed of 30-50 percent every year.We love western good ,such as Adidas ,it's youngster's favorite, Cocacola 、Pepsi、MCdonald、KFC、Pizzahut、Starbucks,Why these company attach a so importance to China Market could prove someting.

We now have the largest number of web user.we could easily get a P4 computer with only one or half month salary in city, and we coudl easily get linked into the net within one day, it only cost us 120 Yen per manth,=15$. Cell phone is so commonly used,everybody have one ,even a baggar. The European luxury goods poured into China ,its general sales in China are more than their own country. That's why politician's unfriendly to China encounter such an opposition from enterprises.
Now it's not what to eat problem, but a how to live better one.I think, it's real the gov has become less oppressive, or they couldn't get a high speed development.
I know some problem is still serious ,but we could solve it in the near future.it seem not too bad.

You said you are interested in China culture, I recoomend you know more about it ,you would be fascinated in it.



posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
Hi Geija and welcome!

I'm very interested about your education system and how your country manages to send
students to the university when families earn so little.

How restrictive are the rules deciding which students qualify for higher education?

It's so very expensive here.

It costs about $20,000 per year now for a 4 year average university education.
It goes much higher for the top Ivy League schools like Yale, Harvard, Princeton and so on...
Then of course, post graduate courses make those expenses much higher.

By the way,

I must compliment you on your English skills.

You are doing very well.







[edit on 19-7-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]





Hi thank you

Our education system isn't the unimpeachable,but it's not the worst , it has some its own advantage here. Our basic education is a good one ,it brings up a high quality students group for university or college to choose.it's solely free, but some poor peasants still wouldn't send the children to school, becasue they want the kids to do some work. It's so sorrowful.

We have a general examination for student to enter into university, in June every year. You could see a marvellous spectacle in that day .The parents waited in front of the shool gate in hot sun ,with chiken soup and icetea in hand .They made some road block to countercheck cars coming and forth in the shool gate ,because the brake would disturb the mind of students inside school . You coud see, what a respectful China styled parents in that day.

The fate of a youngster is in the point of a single exam. Because of the population ,university has a plan of recruiting students, so almost 20% student has not the chance entering into university,but they could have chance in the next year. There is no any restriction for student to enter university ,even a 70 old man or woman could attend the exam,and entering university.

If you have a comparatively high point ,the university education is nearly free, you could prepare some money for living .Some other student should pay a fee for education ,now as to I know ,some good university like Qinghua and Beida need 5000---10000 per year =600--1200$, the common standard of most unversity cost 2000-6000 =240--720$.

But there is a truth ,our student havn't so much chance to do part-time jobs ,so parents must prepare some money for them to living. So the whole expenditure for a student is generally doubled.
The postgraduate education in China is solely free except MBA and some other commerce linked degree , and even gov give them subsidy. They have more chance to do some research and teaching job ,so they could earn their own living .

Someone said ,China has the first class basic education ,and second class high education, and the third class postgraduate education .

Now we have a educational industrialization policy ,I think it's a bad idea .earning money from the students is a whole mistake ,but I could be optimized in its ending up.

Years of aparting from English ,I need some practice , so many errors in it .thank you for your compliment.



posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Thank you for your reponse Gejia. I'm actually planning to travel to China for a couple of weeks after I graduate college on my tour of the world. I'm not sure where to go exactly or what to see, but I still have some time to decide that. My interest in China is mostly in the early history and martial arts. You've probably heard of Ba Gua Zhang, and that's where everything in my avatar (picture to the left) comes from
.



posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Thank you gejia021 for this thread and all your straightforward responses. I have a few questions, and i come from a place of near-total ignorance on China:

1. do you think most chinese citizens would prefer a democratic government (in the style of the USA), or a more modern, perhaps less corrupt, version of the current government?

2. is crime a big problem in china? would you feel safe walking around shanghai in the middle of the night, for instance?

3. do you see china overtaking the US as the world's superpower? if so, do you see china playing a huge role in overseas conflicts, and/or maintaining a global military?

thank you in advance, and please forgive how blunt these questions sound.

cheers,
Archangel



posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thank you Geijia,

No wonder your people are advancing so quickly.

It is clear that your leaders understand the importance of education.

We have very good schools here, but many students graduate owing $40,000-$80,000+++
in debt. This makes it very difficult for them to get on with their lives once they finish school.

You mention that the land belongs to the state.

Does this mean that you can not buy your own home or a small piece of land?

The real estate market is going crazy here.

The price of an average single family house in the Washington D.C. area is now near $500,000US
and they can't build them fast enough.

I find it interesting that your country owns very much of our national housing debt.

There are many Chinese investors now buying all they can afford in this market,

I sent you the links to a few local newspapers. I hope this helps you to see what is going on here
from our perspective.



posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
Thank you for your reponse Gejia. I'm actually planning to travel to China for a couple of weeks after I graduate college on my tour of the world. I'm not sure where to go exactly or what to see, but I still have some time to decide that. My interest in China is mostly in the early history and martial arts. You've probably heard of Ba Gua Zhang, and that's where everything in my avatar (picture to the left) comes from
.



I suggest you to go for 3 cities if you come to China. 1 is Xian in Shanxi prov,the oldest capital city in the world, where the Bagua began and the Emperor Qin Shihuang’s Mausoleum and the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses Museum are also there.
And the 2 is Suzhaou in Jiangsu porvince ,you conld see many delicate artwork there ,and you would love Chinese cuisine in Suzhou.
3 is Shanghai ,it could express China's modernism achievement .

I wish you could fall in love with China. Best wishes



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join