It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to help you know more about China.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What I think like this ,since you all do not believe that there are 5000 nuclear weapon in China, and just believe you Pentagon, we could avoid topic on political and military affair ,we could talk someting else ,such as the common life. For example we can talk about midia、religion、wages、leisure、 beef price、work、education etc.

I feel we are misunderstanding with each other, I can provide the circumstance of some Chinese common lifes to you .You can ask me , I will tell you some detail.

I have a good suggestion, to compare the Yen and Dollar , Let's see How much 1000 Yen could buy in China . I first 1kg=1000 gram

In city, 1000 Yen could buy
100 kg pork ,
or 80kg beef or mutton .
or 500 kg rice or flour
or about 250 litres oil
or go to cinema for 40 times
or a 21 inch TV set
or 3 DVD player
or 100 DVD( not pirated)
or 1000 kg vegetable in summer, if in winter 200kg
or 500kg milk
or 300kg fruit
or 2 microwave oven
or half a fine refrigerator
or 1 washer
or 180kg eggs
or go to KFC 10--20 times

[edit on 18-7-2005 by gejia021]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have a couple of questions.

Can you give me the recipe for Dongjiu? I'd very much like to try making it. ( I would never sell it for profit, I would keep it for myself)

What is the popular opinion of the 3 gorges project? Are the people as unhappy as the Western media says they are?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Is there something you would like to know in return?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I have a couple of questions.

Can you give me the recipe for Dongjiu? I'd very much like to try making it. ( I would never sell it for profit, I would keep it for myself)

What is the popular opinion of the 3 gorges project? Are the people as unhappy as the Western media says they are?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Is there something you would like to know in return?

first question : what is Dongjiu? A kind of wine?or others? you could explain it more clearly.if I know it ,I will give you the ricipe.

second one : 3 gorges project is the largest dam in the world. it has 2 benefits for chinese people. you know China is short of power, oil price is so high,so the Dam could afford large portion of electricity for us. Another benrfit is the flood, Changjiang river has annual flood for four thousand years, each year it will kill some people, some houses destroyed ,so this dam will correct this error.
thied one: Western media exaggerated too much. China has some problem but not so overwhelming . It is for real ,China is getting better and better than old times.If it getting worse , uprising will emerge in so short time. From this point of view , people in the world are the same .

I want to konw someting about purchasing power and wages, I want to compare it. For example, one kg beef in China sold in about 16 yen , it worth about 2 $.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Dongjiu is a sorghum wine steeped with over 100 herbs, I'd like to know which ones.

As far as the three gorges, many news agencies in the West brought up the issue of archaelogical sites that were flooded, forever destroying relics from ancient Chinese villages. Some people had been living on the same land for thousands of years, so they were upset, right?

I also read about endangered species like giant catfish and sturgeon that will lose their habitat and probably die as a result. I also know China has a very good captive breeding program, but natural habitat is always preferable.

The energy benefit is a good thing, I agree. Renewable energy is very important, especially for nations as large as China.

As far as beef prices, here in the northeast united states we pay about $3/pound, sometimes a bit less, but almost always over $2. But, minimum wage here is over $7/hour. Still not enough, but it puts things in perspective.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have a question;
How many people are happy with the way the govenrment runs?
Answer this truly, I wont think bad of your country either way!
Also:
How come we only see Shanghai and other big cities when they show china on TV but not the farmers and the small towns ? Does the government want to project china in that way or is the whole china like Shanghai?

IAF

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
WEll you wont tell stuff like like china covering up bird flu epidemic and riots that are taking place in china which could cause instabillty.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Dongjiu is a sorghum wine steeped with over 100 herbs, I'd like to know which ones.

As far as the three gorges, many news agencies in the West brought up the issue of archaelogical sites that were flooded, forever destroying relics from ancient Chinese villages. Some people had been living on the same land for thousands of years, so they were upset, right?

I also read about endangered species like giant catfish and sturgeon that will lose their habitat and probably die as a result. I also know China has a very good captive breeding program, but natural habitat is always preferable.

The energy benefit is a good thing, I agree. Renewable energy is very important, especially for nations as large as China.

As far as beef prices, here in the northeast united states we pay about $3/pound, sometimes a bit less, but almost always over $2. But, minimum wage here is over $7/hour. Still not enough, but it puts things in perspective.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by WyrdeOne]

I am really surprising that you have ever know Dongjiu,It is a sorghum wine of thousands of years.But in China ,it is not the best , better sorghum wine than Dongjiu are coutless. Dongjiu's recipe is a high secret for that company,in 1996 ,it became a national secret. You could easily get to know what herbs in it ,but its making process is very complecated,even let you see through it ,you could never master it,something mysterious in it.If you want know more about Chinese herb wine ,send me a mail.

It's sure that when build 3 gorges,some relics destroyed,most over 2000 years ,earlier than Beowulf and Magna Carta.They are now in the water ,we built some underwater museum,because most of them are carved stonestone or stone statue.
For this project 1 million people left their homeland ,but you must know ,what they inhabited then are poor areas,they poor.But now ,they immegrated to the rich area,and get much money.New home is better than the old home ,and they got the constructed houses for free and got more arable land .As far as know,there isn't much complain about the immegration.
As to some enviroment problem ,it really existed .China has many particular species, but some are extinguished for the groeth of economy . Enviroment is a big problem ,the gov has paid more attention to it ,and started to do something.

What about a TV set price in US?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I am trying to figure out something for a long time.
How much does the average chinese earn in jobs? in US money? and how much is it compare to US amount and China amount?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I have a question;
How many people are happy with the way the govenrment runs?
Answer this truly, I wont think bad of your country either way!
Also:
How come we only see Shanghai and other big cities when they show china on TV but not the farmers and the small towns ? Does the government want to project china in that way or is the whole china like Shanghai?

IAF

Not so many paople are so happy with the way the govenrment runs. China has 300 million citizens ,they are the unhappest one .Though they have the better life than peasants ,they still won't happy . Do you know why? Because they know more ,but the peasants know little.Most of the other 1000 million peseants even dont know what is a ideology.Their wish is better life ,this is a simple truth. We have the biggest
population and 5000 history ,something in China is not so simple.As far as I know ,the happy one is more than unhappy one.Or you could understand it like this : We don't have democracy like you ,our happiness is kind of lower level one,but we are doing the best to democracy and prosper.

Shanghai is the biggest mestroplis in eastasia in 30's.Now it's a sacond largest city in China .We have over 600 cities, There are at least 10 cities like or close to Shanghai.But as you know ,more people live in village ,Shanghai to them is like BigApple to Cuban. Most of us couldn't live in.
Why Shanghai always in TV, I could tell you ,It's not deliberatelt arranged ,because Shanghai is an open port, many trade 、goods、invest and other .Some outsider know only Shanghai ,it's not so queer. In China supercities are many ,such as Wuhan and Chongqing, only they are not so famous like Shanghai.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
I am trying to figure out something for a long time.
How much does the average chinese earn in jobs? in US money? and how much is it compare to US amount and China amount?

1$=8.27Yen

In china ,Common worker in city earn 1000Yen every month,

some office job is about 1000--5000Yen, for example an experience editor work for private company in Beijing could earn 3000 Yen, a new one could earn 2000. Some state-owned media editors are also in this level ,but they have the free house and free medicare,this is a big portion.
If you have 5000Yen in Beijing ,you could live a fine life ,you could afford car and house loan.
In Beijing ,someone could earn 10000--100000 every month ,they work for hi-tech company 、bank、insurance and tele.
of course, low wages job is more than others .But the purchusing power is so strong ,300 every month in a mid city could be not bad for living ,if you have your own house.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
WEll you wont tell stuff like like china covering up bird flu epidemic and riots that are taking place in china which could cause instabillty.

This is not so simple as you thought. I don't be afraid of to tell you ,and I don't be afraid of to go to prison ,and I think whatever I said to you ,I wll not be in prison for it ,even I said the communist party is SOB. Becasuse we are not liveing in the Mao times, someting is better not worse , isn't it? Today I could chat to you ,not be afraid of persecution has proved it.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Perhaps we should stop focusing on the negative of what he 'Wont' tell us, and look at the positive opportunity this brings to us all. We have the ability to get a brief glimpse into the life of the everyday Chinese citizen.

gejia021,

With gas prices the way they are in the US, I'm wondering how bad they are in the rest of the world. What is the price per litre for gasoline where you are?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Depending on size, television sets range from $25-$5000. Sometimes you can get them for nothing! Apartments in cities sometimes give them away with a lease for 1 year, along with DVD players, high speed internet access, and other foolish things like toasters and microwaves.

I am really surprising that you have ever know Dongjiu,It is a sorghum wine of thousands of years.But in China ,it is not the best , better sorghum wine than Dongjiu are coutless.

Could you tell me the names of better wines? I study herbs and Japanese medicinal cooking, but I would like to know more about Chinese techniques for medicinal wine. I've heard it is very potent, with recipes going back to the times before unification. Many techniques are high secrets, like you said. That makes me even more determined to know.

You could easily get to know what herbs in it ,but its making process is very complecated,even let you see through it ,you could never master it,something mysterious in it.

I have been trying to find the list of herbs, but I can't find a complete recipe. With the ingredients, I could experiment to find the technique. I have a taste tester so I won't get sick.

If you want know more about Chinese herb wine ,send me a mail.

I will, thank you.

IThey are now in the water ,we built some underwater museum,because most of them are carved stonestone or stone statue.

That's a good idea! I never heard about plans for museums. If the dam was necessary, then at least this way the relics won't be forgotten in the future. It would have been better to leave them dry, but this is a good compromise if the country needs the energy and the protection from floods.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Perhaps we should stop focusing on the negative of what he 'Wont' tell us, and look at the positive opportunity this brings to us all. We have the ability to get a brief glimpse into the life of the everyday Chinese citizen.

gejia021,

With gas prices the way they are in the US, I'm wondering how bad they are in the rest of the world. What is the price per litre for gasoline where you are?

In Beijing I think the price is so low .

per litre gasoline
90# 3.67Yen=0.44$
93# 3.92Yen=0.47$

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Depending on size, television sets range from $25-$5000. Sometimes you can get them for nothing! Apartments in cities sometimes give them away with a lease for 1 year, along with DVD players, high speed internet access, and other foolish things like toasters and microwaves.

I am really surprising that you have ever know Dongjiu,It is a sorghum wine of thousands of years.But in China ,it is not the best , better sorghum wine than Dongjiu are coutless.

Could you tell me the names of better wines? I study herbs and Japanese medicinal cooking, but I would like to know more about Chinese techniques for medicinal wine. I've heard it is very potent, with recipes going back to the times before unification. Many techniques are high secrets, like you said. That makes me even more determined to know.

You could easily get to know what herbs in it ,but its making process is very complecated,even let you see through it ,you could never master it,something mysterious in it.

I have been trying to find the list of herbs, but I can't find a complete recipe. With the ingredients, I could experiment to find the technique. I have a taste tester so I won't get sick.

If you want know more about Chinese herb wine ,send me a mail.

I will, thank you.

IThey are now in the water ,we built some underwater museum,because most of them are carved stonestone or stone statue.

That's a good idea! I never heard about plans for museums. If the dam was necessary, then at least this way the relics won't be forgotten in the future. It would have been better to leave them dry, but this is a good compromise if the country needs the energy and the protection from floods.

1 In China, 29inch TV set cost 1800Yen=220$

2 There so much better Chinese wine ,such as Wuliangye in Sichuan、Maotai in Guizhou、Fenjiu in Shanxi、Luzhoulaojiao in Sichuan 、Tuojiu in Sichuan、 Xifeng in Shanxi(XI'an)

Chinese herb is so miracle, I recomend you to read a book called "Compendium of Materia Medica " It could be bought in US easily . This is a book written by a Chinese in 16th century, it includes 1892 Chinese herbs. China has over 10000 herbs, most herb recipe in villages ,they are so miracle.
Medicinal cooking originated in China ,why you study it from Japan? They learned form us,not so genuine. Most of common Chinese are able to do it, it has melted into our daily life.If you have chance to Beijing ,I will give you something you want .

3 3 gorges project is fine ,we all could benefit from it .We have 3 gorges tour, so beautiful there.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
How does the one child per family work? when i was in china, i have 2 sisters so there are 3 in my family, and nothing happen to me... how does it work?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
How does the one child per family work? when i was in china, i have 2 sisters so there are 3 in my family, and nothing happen to me... how does it work?

What You said is family plan policy in China.?

It's a policy for keep in the population with limits.The gov regulate it, one family only could born 1 child, but in the village, if you have a girl ,you could have another chance . There is no law to back it ,only administration order .So this policy isn't so good ,now it changed to unconstrained.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What does the Chinese media tell you about the Taiwan situation and whats the public opinion on the whole ordeal?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
What does the Chinese media tell you about the Taiwan situation and whats the public opinion on the whole ordeal?

The key point isn't in what they said ,but what they don't want you to say.

To be frankly ,the media don't say so much about this,the only sentence is " unification not separate".
Even they want to say something ,there is no one believe them in heart. So the media hasn't cheated so much like what you think.
You know ,when everyone don't trust you ,the more you said the more disbelieving you get.

The real thing is, Taiwan has become strong pressures WE put on the communist party. If they lose it ,we 'll overthrow its rule.
We have our own pride,in history ,we kept ahead in the world for over 4800 years, in recent 200 years ,we lagged behind,it's a shame to all of us,so we don't want lose anyting ,not any.
If you know the whole China history ,you 'll see this is a peace--loving nation,we wuold not bully others,but we won't yield to any .......
We hate communist party ,but since they make us living better not worse ,they could rule on for a while.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gejia021
If you know the whole China history ,you 'll see this is a peace--loving nation,we wuold not bully others,but we won't yield to any .......
We hate communist party ,but since they make us living better not worse ,they could rule on for a while.

Thanks for answering the question with honesty. I do believe you when you say the citizens only want peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join