It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU and its Cocaine Problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, apparently there have been some parties at the EU Parliament building in Brussels.

Story here:

"Cocaine traces have been found at the European Parliament in an inquiry by one of Germany's main broadcasters.
The Sat-1 channel sent reporters to take 46 swabs from toilets and other public areas of the Brussels buildings. Nearly all tested positive for coc aine.

A European Parliament spokeswoman said coc aine abuse was not a problem among staff working at the buildings.

A professor who analyzed the samples said the amounts found were too great to have been carried in on clothing.

"It simply reflects the fact that coc aine was brought in there," Professor Fritz Sorgel of the Institute for Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research in Nuremberg (IBMP) told the BBC News website.

"The amount was too high and found in too many spots. It shows it was brought in deliberately."

My my you Europeans are progressive!!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Supposedly a very high number of Irish bank notes contain high levels of Cocaine and according to research in london in 1999 99%* of all bank notes had traces of the drug.

And any way they were found in public areas, anyone could have come in and done it. In court toilets here they have fluorescent lights so people can't find their veins for heroine, I'm sure its the same in other countries.

* the link isn't actually to the study just a relevant article which mentions it.

[edit on 15/7/05 by cmdrpaddy]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
hmmmm

I don't see why is this a surprise to anyone.
Use of coc aine is widespread amongst western rich people, including politicians. I bet you would get the same result if you would test any toilet in Hollywood, LA, or rich parts of New York, Boston etc, etc. Test the Capitol Hill and you'll get the same results too.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
In Aspen the bartenders have to drill holes in the countertops and cover the toilet tank lids with vaseline to stop coke heads from utilizing the flat area to waste some time.

And the coke was found in common areas, as has been said. The same results would be found just about anywhere moneyed folks hang out. Hell, you don't even need money anymore, for a while the stuff was cheaper than pot, probably still is, though I couldn't say for sure.

Is this world news of major importance? That's my main question.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Can I ask, when has there ever been a government orginisation that has never had a drug problem?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Have to agree with paperclip... I've worked in some pretty large, well-known companies where every day you'd go to the bathroom and someone would be in the cubicle next to you snorting coke. It's prevalent in business, I see no reason why it wouldn't be prevalent in politics... perhaps even more so, given that politicans tend to be very wealthy. The people who did the research could have learned a thing or two from the US though, and announced a finding of "pretzel residue" in the bathrooms instead.

-koji K.

[edit on 16-7-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In response to wyrdeone;

Cocaine is generally quite a bit more expensive compared to pot. Here in UK a gram is worth around £45 street value, where as a gram of pot is worth about £6.50.

I agree with many of these posts, wherever there is money there will be coke.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
AND We all Know where MOST of the Coke Comes (South America) and who is the Main Distrubuter (Coccaine Importa Agency).

To eliminate the Problem One must Eliminte the Roots of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me, because market conditions keep changing, but there was a time when the stuff was dirt cheap on both coasts. When I was travelling between L.A. and N.Y. in the first years of the new millenium (doesn't that sound freakin' cool? "first years of the new millenium"
) good pot was 20 a gram and cheap coke was 10 a gram. For a while in N.Y., at least in my experience, good hash was four times ($40) the cost of coke ($10).

Of course, I'd pay $20 to smoke a gram of dog #, literally, before I paid $10 to schnarf crystalized plant extract up my nose to the detriment of my septum.

Coke is a nasty habit..nasty, nasty habit.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
My my you Europeans are progressive!

- An American wants to bash Europe for it's coc aine consumption!?

My my you are amusing skippytjc!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

My my you Europeans are progressive!

- An American wants to bash Europe for it's coc aine consumption!?

My my you are amusing skippytjc!

The story would be quite interesting if it was for that low comment skippy, blatantly trying to be provocative.

Still don't knock it sminkey, at least Muslims and Arabs are today getting a break form skippys bashing techniques.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Of course like almost all threads, one small line that more likely always has nothing to do this its topic receives the most attention.

Got an IDEA lets act like it never existed.

sheesh I just did it again.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Soul: You are amazing at turning any thread into a "hate the USA" thread. Your talent is uncanny

Kriz: Maybe you should start commenting on the topics of threads so you can build some credibility. All I ever see from you is an agenda of hatred. I do admire your consistancy though....Maybe you should try to apply that more porductively and actually comment on a threads topic for once in your life?

[edit on 16-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

why do you have the intent of making this into an attack on Europe?? it was some guy snorting coke, but for some reason you had to make this a dig at European liberalism and how decadent and wrong you feel it is.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's obvious that the Bruseels Eurocrats have been taking some sort of drug. They're the ones who once said that Britain isn't an island, and are also now punishing landlocked Slovakia and Hungary for failing to enact EU maritime laws.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think people who are were never exposed to the drug scene would be surprised how common coke is.

Put it this way, at Penn - an Ivy league school with perhaps the single best buisness school in the world - I would say from personal experience that about 35% of the student body does coke.

In the law school I would say 2 out of 3 do it, and I am being conservative.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hollywood is flush with the stuff, so is Wall Street. (Speaking from experience in both cases.) And it's not just Ivy league schools, all the run-of-the-mill liberal arts colleges are swimming in it.

Columbian marching powder has a long and storied tradition of being used to facilitate 18 hour working days. It's not new, and the reason for its contraband status fails to impress me with its logic. It's illegal, because if you do too much of it, you die. No kidding. Water's next to be criminalized then folks, because drinking too much will kill you.

Legalize ALL drugs, and watch the crime rate plummet. Everybody's doing it anyway, why does the state feel the need to criminalize vice and play authority figure/nanny? I can't speak for Europe, but in America it's because that's what keeps our prison economy running. If not for security and prisons, along with law enforcement and other related fields, America would be far worse off now than we were in the great depression. Prisons/security continues to be the only perennial growth industry in America. That's sad, when you consider the ramifications.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i don't have a problem with coc aine...i like it.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Soul: You are amazing at turning any thread into a "hate the USA" thread. Your talent is uncanny

Kinda funny you say that.
I was just about to say something in those lines about you.

"Hey Skippy, for once you don't start a thread bashing Islam or Iran, but now your bashing Europe."

Cocaine use is equaly widespread in the US and EU. As said earlyer, alot of rich folks and politicians use coke. Not to mention alot of cocain contamination finds its was everywhere you go by the spreading of currency.

The fun part about cocain and heroine trafficing is that its a nearly 100% cash bussines. Thinking about the fact that every year there is a trafficing of billions and billions of cocain and heroine around the globe, nearly all paid with cash, its rather imaginable that at some time in its shelftime, cash money gets in contact with coc aine or heroine. Not to mention all the crosscontamination between bills when they get back to the bank, get counted and put in piles and get redistributed.

Anyways. I really don't see what you want to imply with this thread. Cocaine use/abuse is a global problem.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

All I ever see from you is an agenda of hatred.

skippytjc: I can't believe you have the gaul to say that
What with your incessant need to put down/bash any country/faith/ethnic group that is not your own I think it would do you some good to learn when to keep your mouth shut. Pointing out that the CIA has/had it's hands in Drug Smuggling isn't hatred it's most likely a cold hard fact. Mossad probably does the same as does the KGB. It's a problem that knows no borders.

As for the Topic in this thread, hardly a scoop
As American Mad Man said this stuff is very wide spread, Politicians probably snort the most out of anyone

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join