It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hiroshima

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I also hope its just BS, but even if its not in the next few days, it will come.

Most here will blame Bush, matter of fact he is at fault for world hunger, disease, all war on the planet and many others I cant think of right now but he would not allow this to happen of his own free will and I firmly believe he would do whatever he could to stop it.

So you personally know Bush? Is he your good ol' buddy? Or are you just reflecting the picture of him that the American propaganda machine has painted for you?

Back in the day fellow country men of people such as Mao Tsedong, Stalin, Mussolini and heck, even Hitler, would've probably said the same as you about their leaders, in the same situation, and we all know how they turned out to be, don't we?
However it's also possible that Bush is Mother F*ing Theresa and hopes nothing but good for the people of America, and he's got no secret agenda whatsover, no connections with the big corporations of America, nothing.
Or then he could be something in between. I don't know.
However my opinion is leaning towards option number one, that opinion is based on everything he's done and how much America has changed during his time as president.

And no, I'm not American, but sometimes when you look at a painting, you have to take some distance to see the whole picture.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

So you personally know Bush? Is he your good ol' buddy? Or are you just reflecting the picture of him that the American propaganda machine has painted for you?

Nope, dont know him personally and I campaigned against him, but ended up voting for him TWICE.

I have met people that do know him and they are very consistant in describing him. He is not a poll watcher, he does what he believes and sticks to his guns.

Look at it like this, if the Tulipwalkers hate him so much, then he must be doing something right.

he is growing on me, he will not be changed by the peacenick crowd that would like nothing better but for America to fail.

Its Jane Fonda all over again.

BTW - He was elected by over 50% the American people, so maybe they know something that your press doesnt want to share. HE HAS BALLS, something the Tulipwalkers will never have. Peace at all costs huh?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

“According to captured al-Qaida leaders and documents, the plan is called the "American Hiroshima" and involves the multiple detonations of nuclear weapons already smuggled into the U.S. over the Mexican border with the help of the MS-13 street gang and other organized crime groups.

Never once has the government, the press or any other credible source ever given a blanket statement like "captured al-Qaida leaders" regarding a potential incident. If you look up every other terror prediction, you'll find names, or atleast sources that point to which group of terrorists are supplying such claims. And these documents? Where were they obtained? When, what exactly did they say? Again.. blanket statements.. with no backbone at that.

including suitcase nukes, nuclear mines, artillery shells and even some missile warheads.

This one takes the cake. Maybe a suitcase nuke, weighing appoximently 175 pounds, but a missle warhead? Do you even know how HEAVY those are? They would need an entire semi-truck to load that thing into the US.. and that surely isnt getting past the boarder.... and nuclear mines? Are there even such things?

Al-Qaida has obtained at least 40 nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union – including suitcase nukes, nuclear mines, artillery shells and even some missile warheads. In addition, documents captured in Afghanistan show al-Qaida had plans to assemble its own nuclear weapons with fissile material it purchased on the black market.

I've read about the suitcase nukes, hell, most of us here probably have heard about them one way or another; but I've never read ANYWHERE from ANY credible source that Alqaeda has obtained these said nukes. If Alqaeda was even suspected of having obtained nuclear weapons, you can bet your ass() the government wouldn't think twice about disclosing such evidence... even if it was fuzzy at best, they wouldn't hold back that info.. it wouldn't serve their agenda of keeping the populance afraid.

In addition to detonating its own nuclear weapons already planted in the U.S., military sources also say there is evidence to suggest al-Qaida is paying former Russian special forces Spetznaz to assist the terrorist group in locating nuclear weapons formerly concealed inside the U.S. by the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

"Military Sources" say there is "evidence"... yet, no one else in the world can find these "sources" or "evidence"... how canny.

Osama bin Laden's group is also paying nuclear scientists from Russia and Pakistan to maintain its existing nuclear arsenal and assemble additional weapons with the materials it has invested hundreds of millions in procuring over a period of 10 years.

Such an operation would surely spark the interest of the NSA, CIA, FBI, and/or HSD... are you saying that these highly trained, qualified, nuclear scientists are roaming the USA without the intellegance departments knowing?

Hell, one of them even trying to enter the country would set off a million red flags.

The plans for the devastating nuclear attack on the U.S. have been under development for more than a decade.

Ugh huh, you're telling me that AlQaeda can smuggle 40 nuclear weapons into the United States in under 10 years and not a single one of them gets caught, flagged, or investigated?

But the most disturbing news is that high level U.S. officials now believe at least some of those weapons have been smuggled into the U.S. for use in the near future in major cities as part of this "American Hiroshima" plan, according to an upcoming book, "The al-Qaida Connection: International Terrorism, Organized Crime and the Coming Apocalypse," by Paul L. Williams, a former FBI consultant.

I wont even get into Paul Williams.. the guy has been debunked so many times its almost hilarious his name is attached to this "report"...

The ONLY thing in that entire post that may have ANY bit of truth is the cooperation between terrorists and the MS-13.

Mara Salvatrucha gang members are known to be involved in all aspects of criminal activity. Because of their ties to their former homeland, they have access to sophisticated military weapons thus making firearms trafficking one of their main criminal enterprises.

But even THAT is fuzzy at best. There are no direct ties between MS13's actions and Alqaeda.. and if there were, you can bet the US would have notified us.. be afraid!!

i find your naivity quite disturbing. i dont neccesarily buy into all of the hype but did anyone seriously think al qaeda were going to hijack planes and crash them into the world's most famous financial buildings?

IF such a threat existed, do you honestly think we would become aware of it through the government or intelligence agencies?
do you really think they would risk creating such mass hysteria which would in fact hinder their efforts to prevent it, not to mention cause panic and terror (the terrorists would have succeeded) in all major cities.

the reason there are no credible sources is because they are all s*** scared to release any of this info into any kind of public realm (even the internet).

it is unlike any other threat.

a threat to transport system - the public and local authorities can at least be more vigilent to the danger and therefore it is worth releasing

a conventional bomb/chemical threat to a landmark or sector of society - once again the public's knowledge could potentially be life saving.

a nuclear detonation in an american city - realistically what help are the public going to be in preventing this? what possible benefit would it be to disclose this kind of information to millions who are likely to panic.

nuclear terrorism is not tens, hundreds or even thousands of deaths.

it has the potential to cripple a nation. therefore its highly sensitive and potentially destructive and not to be flung around the public arena needlessly.

sadly, this threat does exist. whether it comes today, on the 9th, any other significant date or randomly, i (and many many others) believe it is likely.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by tiaw1]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, it's the morning of Aug 6th and no nukes going off yet... could it be that WND was full of it?

TPL

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well it looks like you Yanks have survived yet another failed prediction, by my reckoning it's just gone half 12 on the east coast. Attacks usually happen in the morning.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
After Iran and Syria get vaporized, The remaining Muslims will drop to their knees begging for America's forgivness.....because once America gets angry, No One can stop us.

Maximu§

Well we could (the UK)........

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
Well it looks like you Yanks have survived yet another failed prediction, by my reckoning it's just gone half 12 on the east coast. Attacks usually happen in the morning.

wouldnt count it out just yet. it is around 2:30 p.m.CST in the US now. I think the time was speculated somewhere between 4-6 p.m. I havent bought into this one yet either but there is still alot of daylight left.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiaw1

i find your naivity quite disturbing. i dont neccesarily buy into all of the hype but did anyone seriously think al qaeda were going to hijack planes and crash them into the world's most famous financial buildings?

IF such a threat existed, do you honestly think we would become aware of it through the government or intelligence agencies?
do you really think they would risk creating such mass hysteria which would in fact hinder their efforts to prevent it, not to mention cause panic and terror (the terrorists would have succeeded) in all major cities.

the reason there are no credible sources is because they are all s*** scared to release any of this info into any kind of public realm (even the internet).

it is unlike any other threat.

a threat to transport system - the public and local authorities can at least be more vigilent to the danger and therefore it is worth releasing

a conventional bomb/chemical threat to a landmark or sector of society - once again the public's knowledge could potentially be life saving.

a nuclear detonation in an american city - realistically what help are the public going to be in preventing this? what possible benefit would it be to disclose this kind of information to millions who are likely to panic.

nuclear terrorism is not tens, hundreds or even thousands of deaths.

it has the potential to cripple a nation. therefore its highly sensitive and potentially destructive and not to be flung around the public arena needlessly.

sadly, this threat does exist. whether it comes today, on the 9th, any other significant date or randomly, i (and many many others) believe it is likely.

Naivity? I call it common sense. The United States played the nuclear card during the cold war, and had the populance scared to death. Why wouldn't they pull the nuclear card now, when their entire goal now is to scare the populance to death? I know why.. because if they announce theres a nuclear threat, based on a fictional story written by one man, then they'll be laughed at as hard as Paul Williams was laughed at.

IF such a threat existed, do you honestly think they wouldn't tell us? I mean seriously, are you that dense that you don't see the stage show the USA is putting up for the populance? Hell, a news break of nukes in the USA is probably the US's wetdream. The populance survived this, as you put it "discloser of this kind of information to millions who are likely to panic." during the cold war, and you can bet we'd survive it again! It's quite clear you know nothing about the Cold War. The nuclear card was played daily.

So what do you base your beliefs on? One man? Paul Williams? Have you ever looked at his credentials? The man wrote a fictional book, much like this thread.. of a fantasy he sees could possibly play out.. except, he "claims" the garbage hes spouting out is real. And all these websites, WND et al, are doing what they always do, taking a rumor and trying to present it as fact with absolutly no circumstantial evidence to back up their claims.

Oh I dunno, maybe something like warn the millions of police officers in the nation to be on a lookout for men losing large chunks of hair due to radiation exposure? Maybe warn millions of security personal to be on the lookout for pakistani nuclear scienctists? Maybe warn millions of security officers to well, hieghten up their investigations.

Or *gasp* supply our security personal with a slew of THESE

If there were nukes in the US, I'd bet my entire life savings the US would disclose it. It would further their agenda into completely taking over the entire Middle East. Be afraid people! BE AFRAID .. we'll protect you by taking over this, this and this country on the other side of the globe!!

[edit on 8/6/2005 by QuietSoul]

TPL

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well I suppose theres still time left, but I doubt anything would happen any later than now.

Consider this, it's now coming up to night fall in Europe, to do it now would have a considerable TV audience here. On the other hand if the detonated them in the night either European time or US time the effect of waking up to news of nuclear attack would be astounding.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
After Iran and Syria get vaporized, The remaining Muslims will drop to their knees begging for America's forgivness.....because once America gets angry, No One can stop us.

Maximu§

Well we could (the UK)........

I hope that is a joke.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I cant see the TV audience being a factor in the timing, especially for a nuclear attack. I remember how the 9/11 attacks were broadcast nonstop for a week on just about every channel. to me it seems the timing would be more likely to coincide with the maximum number of fatalities or something of historical significance. that being said people being in a certain place wont be as important as was the case in the 9/11 attack. that leads me to believe that historical significance would be the deciding factor...especially since they went to all the trouble to "market" this attack as "American Hiroshima". I dont know for sure but have read that the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima around 6 p.m. eastern time in the US.

TPL

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thinking about it though, what are the chances of nuke attack being caught of film, especially with the EMP taken into account?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalmessiah
I dont know for sure but have read that the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima around 6 p.m. eastern time in the US.

Was it 6pm on Aug 6th? Wouldn't it have been August 5th EST if it was dropped at 8:15 AM JST? So, the actual anniversary for Hiroshima would have been last night?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Naivity? I call it common sense. The United States played the nuclear card during the cold war, and had the populance scared to death. Why wouldn't they pull the nuclear card now, when their entire goal now is to scare the populance to death? I know why.. because if they announce theres a nuclear threat, based on a fictional story written by one man, then they'll be laughed at as hard as Paul Williams was laughed at.

IF such a threat existed, do you honestly think they wouldn't tell us? I mean seriously, are you that dense that you don't see the stage show the USA is putting up for the populance? Hell, a news break of nukes in the USA is probably the US's wetdream. The populance survived this, as you put it "discloser of this kind of information to millions who are likely to panic." during the cold war, and you can bet we'd survive it again! It's quite clear you know nothing about the Cold War. The nuclear card was played daily.

So what do you base your beliefs on? One man? Paul Williams? Have you ever looked at his credentials? The man wrote a fictional book, much like this thread.. of a fantasy he sees could possibly play out.. except, he "claims" the garbage hes spouting out is real. And all these websites, WND et al, are doing what they always do, taking a rumor and trying to present it as fact with absolutly no circumstantial evidence to back up their claims.

Oh I dunno, maybe something like warn the millions of police officers in the nation to be on a lookout for men losing large chunks of hair due to radiation exposure? Maybe warn millions of security personal to be on the lookout for pakistani nuclear scienctists? Maybe warn millions of security officers to well, hieghten up their investigations.

Or *gasp* supply our security personal with a slew of THESE

If there were nukes in the US, I'd bet my entire life savings the US would disclose it. It would further their agenda into completely taking over the entire Middle East. Be afraid people! BE AFRAID .. we'll protect you by taking over this, this and this country on the other side of the globe!!

ever heard of something called operation dragonfire?

google it with the name President Bush and you'll get 680 links, of which only a few are worldnetdaily.

people are far more sensitive since 9/11 than they were during the cold war. never before had people seen that kind of destruction on their TV's.
it was hit home like never before, what do you think the reaction of an imminent nuclear threat in multiple unknown cities have if broadcast on primetime american tv?

do you think people would be calm about it?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I posted to another thread about facilities in the Washington D.C. area

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't help but wonder what would happen in any major city
IF there was a major event.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I hope that is a joke.

You think your puny F-14 sea harriers......

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A move like multiple detonations of nuclear weapons in the United States will cause WWIII.

First of all, the retaliation by the US will be tremendous: US has 7000 nuclear warheads. Not much will remain from middle east and arabic countries.

Secondlyl, what about the nuclear fallout? it will reach America in a matter of days (and my country in a matter of hours).

Thirdly, such a move will probably trigger a response from China and Russia that have interests in the area.

If such a thing happens, although my country has been hurt now and in the past by US foreign policy, I will definitely be with USA...because nuking USA will be the death of humanity as we know it!

(by the way, I have seen a dream about nukes flying from east to west - I don't believe in dreams, but if anything happens, I will post the link to a thread in another site that I had posted about the dream 3 years ago).

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I read up to thread 3 but stopped so sorry if someone already brought up what i am saying here.
First, it was made known right after the fall of the U.S.S.R. that over 100 "suitcase" low yeild nukes went unaccounted for in the Russian black market. Now this was brought long. long before 911 ever happened. I can't remember them ever saying they found those nukes. Also when the U.S.S.R. fell it left a ton of Russian nuke scientists out of work. The U.S. did not hire them and i doubt people that smart fell into poverty. so where did they go and who are they working for?
Also a lot of people on this thread are forgetting that the terrorist's do not care if we bomb the countries they live in, because they all feel it's an honor to die in what they feel they are doing for Allah. So nuking us is fine with them even if we retailiate against the countries they may be living in. Thing is that does not mean those countries condones the act of terrorist's nuking us, so is it really fair for us to then just "nuke" an entire country or more just because certain terrorist's live there that may have nuked us?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

First, it was made known right after the fall of the U.S.S.R. that over 100 "suitcase" low yeild nukes went unaccounted for in the Russian black market.

It wasn't known to be a fact, IIRC it was claimed by one Russian ex-General, who may have just been looking to sell a sensational story to the Western media. IIRC no corroborating evidence to substantiate his story ever surfaced.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The only way the USA would be subject to a nuclear attack would be if China, Russia, or the other declared nuclear powers would launch a missile at us and that's not going to happen.

Despite Paul L. Williams' crazy fictional theories about Mexican gangs smuggling in nukes and 5000 Al Queda sleeper agents ready to cause mayhem, you guys can sleep well. I am not doubting the authenticity of some of the sources he cites, including UBL's declarations. However, he is basically editorializing and drawing his own conclusions and stating that as solid-gold fact, when in fact it is not proven.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join