It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hiroshima

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

I almost fell of my chair when reading this,.

cjf

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder

I almost fell of my chair when reading this,.

I felt a little concern after all the chatter, then USNorthCom posts this on their information site on June 29, 2005, and got my attention.

FORT MONROE, Va. -- Here’s the scenario…A seafaring vessel transporting a 10-kiloton nuclear warhead makes its way into a port off the coast of Charleston, S.C. Terrorists aboard the ship attempt to smuggle the warhead off the ship to detonate it. Is this really a possibility?
Joint Task Force Civil Support (JTF-CS) here is planning its next exercise on the premise that this crisis is indeed plausible. ...

...Sudden Response 05 will take place this August on Fort Monroe and will be carried out as an internal command post exercise

Link to Full Article

More so the timing rather than the scenario....

.fix date

[edit on 1-8-2005 by cjf]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
although... i dont think anyone would be dumbenough to pull this sort of thing off 3 times...hijack drills during 911, bombing drills during 7/7.. and no nuclear drills duing 6/8

then again.. this is the US gvt.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I just sent an e-mail to Northcom

if anything happens, well you know...................

To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Concerned citizen

To whom it may concern,

I hope you understand how this planned exercise at Fort Monroe is frightening the daylights out of MANY people.

Are you not aware of the tremendous internet buzz about the 60th anniversary dates August 6th and 9th and rumors of " An American Hiroshima" ?

If your intent is to fight terrorism you're going about it the wrong way.

What you are doing is adding to terrorism.

There are many Many good true American patriots who sincerely believe that the WTC incident was deliberately staged.

Now you speak of another exercise and many of us can not help but wonder what is next.

I understand that out first responders should be prepared for untold events, but your timing could not
be worse.

I don't believe everything I read but you have to understand why so many people are asking questions.

www.northcom.mil...

whatreallyhappened.com...
www.tomflocco.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This will be very interesting the response you get.

Im thinking, if it really is something the gvt is setting up,
Id prolly not walk to your local deli in the middle of the night alone this week!
just giving you the heads up!

But make sure u post the response.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yeah well somebody needs to speak up.

BTW guess you heard Saudi King Fahd died.

Interesting horoscope this morning too

"Security is on your mind, even more so than usual. Now, it absolutely doesn't hurt to double-check your locks, insurance policies, smoke alarms and so on and so forth, but if it feels like it's verging on paranoia, it might be time to take a step back and do two things: firstly, examine these feelings of fright and see if you can stop trying to push them away; secondly, get the heck outdoors and do something enjoyable."

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Oh, btw, August 6 also happens to be the 40th Anniversary of the Voting Rights Act. How's that for coincidence? There is going to be a rally and march in Atlanta to commemorate it. Wasn't there some buzz a while back about Atlanta being singled out for such a nuclear attack? So, um... yeah... I'll be far away from Atlanta this weekend. It's just all so damn eerie.

Also, were you aware that the Voting Rights Act is due for Congressional renewal in 2007? Makes you wonder if it will go through without any controversy, doesn't it? Americans take voting for granted so of course nobody will be worried about those rights suddenly coming to a halt, right? We'll see.

[edit on 8/2/2005 by CyberianHusky]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
worldnetdaily.com...

Looks like we can breathe a sigh of relief this weekend....

The Aug. 6 date and its association with Hiroshima was actually cited by captured al-Qaida operatives, according to U.S. military sources.

So, how high is the risk this week?

This year, falling on a Saturday as it does, some G2B intelligence sources say it is highly unlikely a major nuclear attack will occur.

"In addition to mentioning this date as a preferred target, Al-Qaida operatives have made it clear they also prefer an attack during the daylight during the week to wreak maximum havoc and to be sure the entire world views the images of burning U.S. cities," said one knowledgeable military intelligence source.

Others point out that Aug. 6 arrives in Japan while it is still Aug. 5 in the U.S. Does that raise the threat level this Friday?

So far, no one in the Department of Homeland Security has mentioned raising the threat this week. And though the Aug. 6 date was mentioned by al-Qaida operatives in association with its "American Hiroshima" nuclear attack, no year was ever discussed.

:@@

Separately,

Here's a nice summary of rumors on US attack/response vs Iran:

tvnewslies.org...

Obviously Cheney can not launch an attack of any kind on Iran without provocation. I doubt that this nation will allow another Iraq to take place. So according to the rumor mill there are terror events planned that will provide the justification for a new military and perhaps nuclear strike by the PNAC crew.

My sources tell me that there will be one or more events taking place to justify such actions. The events are as follows: (AGAIN, I REITERATE THAT THIS IS UNCORROBORATED RUMOR!)

1. Terror attacks, perhaps in the form of perceived suicide bombings, will take place at venues that represent the heart of America, such as a baseball game or holiday celebration.
2. A US warship will come under attack in the Persian Gulf.
3. Nuclear terror will reach American shores. Small nuclear devices will go off in one or more American cities. These cities are to be large but not key cities like New York or LA. Death tolls of 200,000 per event are predicted.
4. I have received information from 2 sources (both sources claim CIA connections), that Mossad has started to pull their agents out of the US in anticipation of the nuclear events.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Whew! We can breathe a sigh of relief because WorldNetDaily says we can. Hooray.

But your other gut feelings could be true, especially since they have a proven track record for the most part. It's the lack of suicide bombings in the United States that has me worried. Fear laden with anticipation.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I wonder what WorldNetDaily will post on 8/7, and again on 8/10 after nothing happens? And again on 9/11? They'll probably print something to the extent of "no one is sure when the nukes will be detonated but we know for certain they are already here." This "sky is falling" spiel that guys like Paul L. Williams and Joe Farrah continually write/talk about will get old fast because eventually people will tire of it. Maybe they can re-invent themselves and talk about that meteor the size of Rhode Island that will hit earth one day.

I do agree our border/port security is lax and needs a major overhaul however.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Earth crushing asteroid is sooooo 2001.
They need a completely new spiel. Actually, I think the new armageddon du jour is the "Kill Shot" from the Sun that is supposed to bake half the planet.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
When it doesn't happen, WND will just make up a new outrageous claim, and pretend they never made this one.

Two years ago they claimed Iran and Syria were about to launch a joint invasion of Israel, when it didn't happen, they simply stopped talking about it. They never restracted the story, so much as they pretended that they never said it.

WND is a bunch of religious fanatics salivating over the Apocalypse. They will make themselves believe anything it takes to convince them it's right around the corner. If they can come up with BS that will trigger it by scaring enough people out of their wits, they'll do it happily.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Im sorry, But in actuality we are all going to die, It might be by terrorism, could be by getting hit by a truck or even an ilness or old age. My point is and it took me a while to figure this out for myself. If we are going to be nuked, then so be it. I am sure you all have friends, families, loved ones and even neighbors you care about. Instead of wasting all your valuable time trying to figure out something that is just way out of your control, start spending the time you do feel you have left productively with those you care about. Take a walk in the park with your kids, sit down and enjoy a dinner with your family, help out your neighbor and realize this.. If it does happen and you are still alive but all your loved ones are gone arent you going to be kicking yourself in the butt and saying I "You fill in the ending".

just a thought to help some of my fellow ATS'ers realise, time is important but how you spend iit is even more important..

thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have to ask the question. If Nukes are used, the potential for the US to retaliate against the Mid East is pretty high. This would kill countless numbers of Muslims. The nukes that the "terrorists" have are NOTHING compared to what the US would use - not even close. Would an obviously intelligent group such as "Al Quaeda" make this mistake? I don't like them, but I have to admit that they are highly intelligent, and very well organized.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

This would kill countless numbers of Muslims.

I don't think Al Queda cares.
The more Muslims we kill, the more other Muslims will join or support Al Quaeda.

They want the US slaughtering Muslims, as many and in as newsworthy a way as possible. From their POV, it is the best recruiting tool they could hope for.

Do you think these terrorist attacks are really aimed at "bringing down the West?" No. They know damn well that blowing up a few commuters and blowing up a few buildings will barely make a dent in the West's economic and military power.

What they want is for the West to retaliate recklessly and indiscriminately, in order to unite the Islamic world under their banner.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You have to understand that no matter which style of nuclear weapon they use, tactical suitcase or dirty bomb, there is still no definitive nation against which we could launch a nuclear strike. So no matter how mad you all are sitting there thinking about it as proud Americans, you have to rationally think about the consequences of nuking any country that hasn't specifically claimed responsibility. Our hands are more or less tied to this war, sorry, "struggle" we're waging now. All you can do is plead with nations hiding these scum and pressure them (heavily) to aid in the capture or ousting of terrorists.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Cheney may disagree....

www.amconmag.com...

"The Pentagon, acting under instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney's office, has tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States. The plan includes a large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical nuclear weapons. Within Iran there are more than 450 major strategic targets, including numerous suspected nuclear-weapons-program development sites. Many of the targets are hardened or are deep underground and could not be taken out by conventional weapons, hence the nuclear option. As in the case of Iraq, the response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States. Several senior Air Force officers involved in the planning are reportedly appalled at the implications of what they are doing - that Iran is being set up for an unprovoked nuclear attack -­ but no one is prepared to damage his career by posing any objection."

Fyi, for what it's worth, here's an interview with Farah on the subject....

www.frontpagemag.com...

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Dark Magician]

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Dark Magician]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So basically Cheney's come right out and said that in the event of another large attack Iran is going down. And everybody is just going to let this slide I bet. The blissfully ignorant in this country are clearly the majority. Hooray.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I can't see the US picking an armed conflict with Iran over the nuclear issue any time soon. Israel would act first if they'd have solid intelligence that in fact Iran is on the brink of developing a nuke, since by default they're already earmarked as the Middle East nuclear bomb test grounds by every terrorist in the world. There is no way Sharon would permit a nuclear Iran.

The real ironic part is that Iran is making overtures towards Iraq to build a solid relationship between the two countries.

If there would be another attack on US soil while US forces are in Iraq, that would basically serve to devalidate Bush's doctrine of pre-emption and the argument would be that we have not devoted enough resources to securing the mainland.

This Bin Laden is a great chess player if - lord forbid - he is able to strike us again.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Its all falling into place.
Alqaeda release a Msg,
Bush going underground.....
Its obvious... too obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join