It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hiroshima

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The worst part in all of this is that there are many religious extremists of all faiths who actually
look forward to judgement day.

They really don't care how many others perish as long as they are the chosen ones
who go to heaven.

Vendyl Jones does have one thing correct.

IF.... he were to find the "true" Ark the whole world would change.

Even so, the Ark may validate many of the holy scriptures, but we would still have to
use great caution in knowing the difference between the words of men and the true word of God.

TPL

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well, when does the 'American Nagasaki' thread start?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiaw1
ever heard of something called operation dragonfire?

What does the smuggling of AK47's have to do with nuclear weapons? Hmm?

people are far more sensitive since 9/11 than they were during the cold war. never before had people seen that kind of destruction on their TV's.
it was hit home like never before, what do you think the reaction of an imminent nuclear threat in multiple unknown cities have if broadcast on primetime american tv?

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Have you ever researched ANY history? Seriously, you have GOT to know about Pearl Harbor. FAR FAR FAR more destruction happened in Pearl Harbor then in New York. True, less people died, but the destruction was FAR worse.

You basis for argument is poor.

do you think people would be calm about it?

Ugh, sure, there might be a day, week or even a month where the soccer mom's go nuts and raid shopping centers.. but after that, everything will go back to normal.. people will prepare themselves, portable bomb shelter sales will skyrocket, and little useless nuclear fallout centers/signs will pop up all over your local city.. just like when the Cold War was announced.

You're either obviously dense when it comes to the history our nation has gone through, or you're refusing to look.

Theres an entire network of radiation detectors setup throughout the nation. Yes, the NATION.
FRERP

[edit on 8/6/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hey...has anyone found a full transcript yet of the recent Al-Zawahiri tape. AlJezeera only played about 10% of it and I acan't find a transcript that might help with this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

First, it was made known right after the fall of the U.S.S.R. that over 100 "suitcase" low yeild nukes went unaccounted for in the Russian black market.

It wasn't known to be a fact, IIRC it was claimed by one Russian ex-General, who may have just been looking to sell a sensational story to the Western media. IIRC no corroborating evidence to substantiate his story ever surfaced.

Also, unless those suitcase nukes were refurbished they wouldn't be viable nukes now anyway. They could, of course, still be used as a dirty bomb but without refurbishment, the core wouldn't produce a nuclear explosion.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

Originally posted by tiaw1
ever heard of something called operation dragonfire?

What does the smuggling of AK47's have to do with nuclear weapons? Hmm?

people are far more sensitive since 9/11 than they were during the cold war. never before had people seen that kind of destruction on their TV's.
it was hit home like never before, what do you think the reaction of an imminent nuclear threat in multiple unknown cities have if broadcast on primetime american tv?

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Have you ever researched ANY history? Seriously, you have GOT to know about Pearl Harbor. FAR FAR FAR more destruction happened in Pearl Harbor then in New York. True, less people died, but the destruction was FAR worse.

You basis for argument is poor.

do you think people would be calm about it?

Ugh, sure, there might be a day, week or even a month where the soccer mom's go nuts and raid shopping centers.. but after that, everything will go back to normal.. people will prepare themselves, portable bomb shelter sales will skyrocket, and little useless nuclear fallout centers/signs will pop up all over your local city.. just like when the Cold War was announced.

You're either obviously dense when it comes to the history our nation has gone through, or you're refusing to look.

Theres an entire network of radiation detectors setup throughout the nation. Yes, the NATION.
FRERP

[edit on 8/6/2005 by QuietSoul]

first off, operation dragonfire clearly shows 860 results on Bush panicking over a suspected nuclear device in new york city.

secondly, i specially said kind of destruction on their tv's. i am aware of pearl harbour. i've been there. i've studied it in history. i've even been down in the submarine that takes you to the wreck of one of america's battleships. i am talking about post media explosion when the whole population could see live streaming images of 3,000 deaths. dont take me out of context.

finally, i think you are highly naive in thinking only a few soccer moms would panic. everyone knows what a nuclear bomb would do.

imagine CNN broadcasting a press conference by Bush speaking of an imminent nuclear threat in one or more american cities.

oh come on, your telling me there wouldn't be chaos?

and it's not our nation. its your nation. i am from the uk. dont presume we're all american.

TPL

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well seen as the nuke attack didn't happen yesterday, what do you think are the chances of a nuke attack this year?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Do you know why the media is not reporting this? Because it's hypothetical, sensational, and not validated. Imagine turning on any news source right now to hear them announce "According to Paul L. Williams, Al Queda has nuclear weapons in place in major cities across the USA and an attack is imminent." You would have millions of people in a state of panic, some with weak hearts would die, and the phones would be jammed, just to name a few of the repercussions of such an announcement.

"What-If" role-playing scenarios are find and dandy (and scary), but this guy is really laying it on thick and trying to sell it as the Gospel. He's hit paydirt with his nuke terror gimmick so he'll continue laps on the talk show circuit preaching this dreck for years to come.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Reality check: If you believe this hogwash, then

a) you very well may be a redneck

or

b) you are paranoid.

A smattering of both, possibly.

Weaponized nuclear material can't just be carried around in Abdullah's A-Team lunchbox. It needs to be kept under strict environmental conditions if Abdullah doesn't want to go blind or have most of the skin on his knees and face stay on his mat after morning prayers.

IF Al Qaeda had 40 nuclear bombs, some idiot somewhere would've accidentally bumped his camel into a table and knocked something over and KABOOM.

A useable nuclear weapon is BIG and HEAVY and NOTICEABLE.

It's not a hard question for those of us who are used to the metric system but:

Do you know how much ONE KILOTON weighs?

I mean, use your heads.

jk

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's just some people that have bought into Williams' and WND's conspiracy theory. If you believe it, then you must also know that pro-wrestling is real and the wrestlers really hate one another.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Weaponized nuclear material can't just be carried around in Abdullah's A-Team lunchbox. It needs to be kept under strict environmental conditions if Abdullah doesn't want to go blind or have most of the skin on his knees and face stay on his mat after morning prayers.

I don't know where you people are getting your information, but weapons grade plutonium is not as radioactive as everyone here seems to believe. Once again the members of ATS need to research their statements before boldly walking into a wall of ignorance. Plutonium mainly radiates alpha particles, so much so that plutonium is warm to the touch and in large quantities can even boil water. Alpha particles are quickly dissipated by plain old air (and the humidity, water) and can safely be handled by hand with little worry about the radiation.

The main worry with plutonium is when the material is ingested, injected, or inhaled. This exposes live cells to the alpha radiation and causes cell damage, and eventually cancer. It can be handled with bare hands (if you dare) because most of the radiation is absorbed by the dead layer of skin.

IF Al Qaeda had 40 nuclear bombs, some idiot somewhere would've accidentally bumped his camel into a table and knocked something over and KABOOM.

First of all, a set number of circumstances need to be met in order to achieve nuclear fusion, especially so in a high yield nuclear weapon. The likelihood of the event's taking place accidentally from the kick of a camel would be akin to going out and buying a winning powerball lottery ticket, playing bridge that evening and being dealt a 13 card hand of all spades, and then unfortunately you get struck by a meteor. A nuclear device could explode accidentally, but the events to take place for fission can't happen.

Are you really so ignorant to think that they would spend so much of their time and resources to obtain what they want and then keep the weapons with the camels? God have mercy on us if your sentiments resemble the CIA's in any way.

Most of them are, but "suitcase" nukes have been developed by both the United States and the former Soviet Union. Have you even read any of these articles? It's a fact, they are real. Read here if you don't believe me.

kil·o·ton
1. A unit of weight or capacity equal to 1,000 metric tons.
2. An explosive force equivalent to that of 1,000 metric tons of TNT.

Kilotons are referring to explosive force, not the weight of the weapon.

en.wikipedia.org...
The isotope Plutonium-239 is a key fissile component in modern nuclear weapons, due to its ease of fissioning and availability. The critical mass for an unreflected sphere of plutonium is 16 kg, but through the use of a neutron reflecting tamper the pit of plutonium in a fission bomb is reduced to 10 kg, which is a sphere with a diameter of 10 cm. Complete detonation of plutonium will produce an explosion of 20 kilotons per kilogram

I mean, use your heads.

please do, please do.

[edit on 7/8/2005 by Seth76]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think that the reality of this situation is that nothing is out of bounds. Any of the ideas mentioned in this thread are quite possible.

I think it comes down to what is to gain and whom is to gain from it.

Al-Qaida, as brutal an enemy as they are, whether they be an independantly or CIA devised, have not attacked thus far to kill vast numbers of people. 911 could have been far worse if those planes flew into nuclear reactors. The attacks are symbolic. What is symbolic about a nuclear strike?

IF Al-Qaida is a front created by the CIA, nuking NY would cause an economic breakdown and a lot of Bush and Cheney's friends would lose a lot of money. The argument that it would justify an invasion of Iran does not seem to outweigh that in my mind.

IF Al-Qaida is an independantly formed group, then a large scale attack would muddle their message and the only thing achieved would be heavy loss of life which does not seem to fit their MO.

Bottom line: Anything is possible

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I dunno, i thnk a nuclear strike would be a pretty symbolic thing for the current administration.

Being that since the Americans USED the atomic bomb they became the worlds superpower.. the one not to mess with.. and from that date until sept11 no one really provided a big enough punch to knock the USA back from its purch..

I remember reading an intreview with alqaeda where they were asked ' why didnt you hit a nuclear reactor'

They said they didnt want there first major act On american soil at the world stage to really stir up enough emotional hatered towards them.

A nuclear strike would of made all world leaders roar into action... and Alqaeda would of been removed regardless.

Being they hit with convential they managed to get the iraqi war... which has done nothing but help and increase alqaedas numbers.....

I dont think Alqaeda is A CIA funded op... it would of been hidden up a little bit better..

I think other governments may of had a hand in alqaeda.. and those same governments have a hand in the USA.

which is why this charade is playing out the way it is...

But hey.. thats my opinion!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Reality check: If you believe this hogwash, then

a) you very well may be a redneck

Thats smooth but how can you be so sure?

I mean, use your heads.

jk

heh, The kiloton(kT) refers to yield, not mass. They weigh less than 175lbs and some less than 125lbs.

Originally posted by Chris McGee

Also, unless those suitcase nukes were refurbished they wouldn't be viable nukes now anyway. They could, of course, still be used as a dirty bomb but without refurbishment, the core wouldn't produce a nuclear explosion.

And how can we be sure that Pakastani guy did not sell tritium for the triggers?

We cant. Its good for 80% + yield for around 7 years, late to middle 90's place the first rearm in early 2000's BEFORE he was caught. Think about it before you assume anything.

I am glad nothing happened, my prayers were answered.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If the US was nuked by these terrorists there would be martial law, guaranteed.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I still think you're all nuts.

To get enough material and then be able to produce fusion and then for it to explode at maximum yield is just too farfetched. And that they would get 40 and still not do anything is ludicrous.

Of course, if you're looking or something to be afraid of, this is a good one.

The fact of the matter is that you can't protect yourself 100% of the time. Accidents happen and so do terrorist attacks.

If you're looking for a 100% guarantee of safety that you won't die within the next day due to an unforeseeable accident or due to events beyond your control, then you're living in the wrong reality.

No amount of Homeland Security funds will change that.

TPL

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In a few hours it's the anniversary of the Nagasaki bombing, just for for your information. Tick-tock, Tick-tick, Tick-tock.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well here's another thought. Maybe the US isn't the only target of a nuclear attack?

Cleric Flees Britain

Do you think he might have other reasons to leave? Or is he the only extremist Muslim leader in the UK that's scared enough of Blair's new stance to run?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
he's leaving because....they be coming after his ass.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A nuclear disaster will be coming to North America soon enough. I hate to say that but what can you really do? Technology is getting so sophisticated that soon enough nukes will be very small and even more potent. They will be able to set them off in many important places which with triggers full blown out war. This time, we will basically paralyze the earth in many ways

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join