It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Canadians Pan Government-Backed Marijuana
OTTAWA (AP) - Some of the first patients to smoke Canada's government-approved marijuana say it is ``disgusting'' and they want their money back.

To sum it all up: $195.00 for ONE OUNCE - NO REFUNDS
(this is by prescription only)
Just another problem that may arise in the US

Then I guess those home growers WILL make a profit afterall.
You would think with the kind of money Canada is spending on this they could get a few people who knew what the hell they were doing
Hell, I could go set them up with a nifty Hydroponic setup in a few weeks and it's been over ten years since I grew even a sprout!!

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
Now...depending on if it's brown or green the going price for that (in my neck of the woods) is $40 for brown and $100 for green. (Before anyone jumps on me....I am fully aware of the price breaks when you buy in quantity....I am commenting on the "street prices" issue FRY2 brought up.) Now...call me picky, but I would much rather buy green then brown. So...my pack of "joints" is going to cost $100.00 + tax?????...shyt....grab me a carton

Man, your neck of the woods is a rip!!! I can buy some killer green for $35 per 1/4 oz.
This is one example, if done right, how they could regulate the cost everywhere. Imagine if cigs costed $25/pack in CA. What would keep people from going to another state, or getting friends in another state to mail them cigs? That would be just plain stupid to pull such a stunt. They'd have to make them reasonably priced, or suffer the consequences. And no, I don't buy my cigs from the US anymore. They're $13.95/carton from EEC.
See, they've shot themselves in the foot there. Everyone's doing it now. They're trying to pass laws against it already, but I can order Valium over the internet right now, and that's not legal either. I'd like to see the stop it.

[Edited on 9-17-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
I'm sure you will feel the wrath of Venus soon enough

(Be kind, Venus, he/she is new
)

I will be gentle

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Man, your neck of the woods is a rip!!! I can buy some killer green for $35 per 1/4 oz.
This is one example, if done right, how they could regulate the cost everywhere. Imagine if cigs costed $25/pack in CA.

If smokes were $25 a pack I would quit. If they go any higher then they are now (average price is $5) I will quit.

BTW - check out the article I posted about internet drugs. You might find it interesting. (really - not a joke).
Let me know what you think

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Then I guess those home growers WILL make a profit afterall.
You would think with the kind of money Canada is spending on this they could get a few people who knew what the hell they were doing
Hell, I could go set them up with a nifty Hydroponic setup in a few weeks and it's been over ten years since I grew even a sprout!!

Oh the good old days

When Green was Green and most fools didn't know the difference

I think we should go into business

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Primus
The real question I would like to see adressed is why drug abuse is considered to be a criminal problem and not a health problem. Drug use in itself is not problematic. Drug use doesn't hurt anyone, but drug abuse is enough to make you sick.

Drug abuse is considered a criminal problem and a health problem. I suggest you go back to page one and start reading. I'm sure all your questions will be answered

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thanks Venus for the pithy and totally uninformative reply, I should not have expected more from Americans who have without any shadow of a doubt one of the worst health care systems in the developed world. America spends more per capita on health care than any other nation and still does not have a universal access health care system, your national "zero tolerance" drug policy is really only good for developing plots for gangster movies and making South Americans fabulously wealthy. It harkens back to the days when you were stupid enough to bring in alcohol prohibtion, which did nothing but make gangsters rich, the profits of which were used to invest in "legitimate business" for which you now probably work.
The truely sad and disappointing thing about you as a nation is that when people from other cultures have an opinion to contribute you cannot control your assanine desire to deride them for the sake of doing so....
I have in good faith contributed to these forums and have been profoundly dissappionted and disollutioned by the small minded troglodites whom I have encountered, and the extreme narrow mindedness of the correspondence, it is no small wonder the rest of the world alternately laughs at you behind your back or just wants to kill you all. In my country you are known as "Sepo's" or septic tanks (yanks) and we all laugh at you....

I mean to say professional wrestling what is that?
and a "world series" in baseball, a sport that nobody outside of America takes seriously anyhow....

Anyhow, I'm going back to European Chat forums where the debate is considerably better informed and the correspondents are opened minded enough to accept even people as bigoted as you are without reproach....

reply however you like, I won't be reading your guff,

and stay like that, I want to forget you just the way you are.....

(bite me)

Primus, over and out.......

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm impressed,Primus....

You used a whole lot of words and said nothing. Must be a politician.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I mean to say professional wrestling what is that?
and a "world series" in baseball, a sport that nobody outside of America takes seriously anyhow....

Anyhow, I'm going back to European Chat forums where the debate is considerably better informed and the correspondents are opened minded enough to accept even people as bigoted as you are without reproach....

reply however you like, I won't be reading your guff,

and stay like that, I want to forget you just the way you are.....

(bite me)

Primus, over and out.......

Did anyone gets this guys license number?
LMAO

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I have in good faith contributed to these forums and have been profoundly dissappionted and disollutioned by the small minded troglodites whom I have encountered,

You have been a pompous azz attempting to dictate discussion, rather than participate.

Don't let your web browser hit you on the azz on your way to your euro-forums.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I officially retract my request to Venus regarding being gentle.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I officially retract my request to Venus regarding being gentle.

Sorry, I can not perform on demand. However I will jump in when I am more comfortable

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hardly a "command" there, Venus. Just retracting my foolish request to give him/her the benefit of the doubt.
I was looking forward to seeing Venus(aka The meatgrinder
) go to work on this one.

P.S. WOW, I just realized, that has to be the fastest a new member got the slap down from William.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   

In my country you are known as "Sepo's" or septic tanks (yanks) and we all laugh at you....

Ah! An Aussie, eh?
I know many Aussies, and I get along well with them. Don't lump me in with the ignorant Americans. We're not all like that...just the majority.

BTW, many of the Aussies I know think their country has many of the same problems, though. Although, I have to admit, it sounds better than the US in some ways. But hey....we all have central heat and A/C!!!!

[Edited on 9-19-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Hardly a "command" there, Venus. Just retracting my foolish request to give him/her the benefit of the doubt.
I was looking forward to seeing Venus(aka The meatgrinder
) go to work on this one.

P.S. WOW, I just realized, that has to be the fastest a new member got the slap down from William.

I know you weren't "commanding". I'm sorry if I sounded that way. Just trying to make a funny

and how did you find out about my nickname??

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

how did you find out about my nickname??

Just a S.W.A.G. I swear

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
drugs keep ppl from doing stuff, they wanna get #ed up instead of fixing the world, thats why the gov doesn't stop drugs, lmao u think if usa wanted they couldn't stop the drugs fom coming in?? lmao they want them there so ppl are more worried about where they are gonna get their next hit than if they are gonna have any rights in a few months

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
drugs keep ppl from doing stuff, they wanna get #ed up instead of fixing the world, thats why the gov doesn't stop drugs, lmao u think if usa wanted they couldn't stop the drugs fom coming in?? lmao they want them there so ppl are more worried about where they are gonna get their next hit than if they are gonna have any rights in a few months

Guess what? I DISAGREE

The amount of people worried about where the next hit is coming from is far less compared to the amount of people wondering about their rights. Are you suggesting that our government is trying to control the population by keeping them intoxicated?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
among many otehr things yes

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join