It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
among many otehr things yes

You know we really should keep this our little secret(sshh) if some of the radicals around here think the government is controlling them with drugs...they might stop using them....

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hahaha they should figure out that all; this # is to control them lmao

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   

drugs keep ppl from doing stuff, they wanna get #ed up instead of fixing the world, thats why the gov doesn't stop drugs, lmao u think if usa wanted they couldn't stop the drugs fom coming in?? lmao they want them there so ppl are more worried about where they are gonna get their next hit than if they are gonna have any rights in a few months

That's ridiculous! If they wanted us intoxicated, there would be no laws against drugs.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
no they have laws against it so the christians are worried about the druggies corrupting their children instead of the corporations initiating social rollback

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
No because it really puts a downgrade on the efficency of the human body, whether it would be mental or physical, our bodies can't handle it.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   

no they have laws against it so the christians are worried about the druggies corrupting their children instead of the corporations initiating social rollback

I have no idea what this guy is talking about
Can someone else please explain

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
He's really reaching, I think.
Talk about a far fetched theory!
That one makes no sense at all.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
ok they allow the drugs into the country to keep the druggies intoxicated and the intoxicated druggies make the christians worry about the druggies' influence on their kids, so they lobby against drugs instead of lobbying against the bastards in charge, it's all a large web of diversion and distraction, they have to keep us from seeing the real

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There sure isn't much evidence of them allowing drugs anymore. This has been the case in the past (especially coc aine), but drug laws and customs have gotten alot more strict. Your theory loses merit quickly, with todays war on drugs.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Bump! This can't die.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
it touched on this b4....drug law do not work. period. the only reason the drug laws do not change is that the govt and the pole-leas get to much $$ from the whole deal. stop the 'drug war' and alot of pole-leas depts lose alot of funding. alot of grant $$ comes in from the govt not ot mention all the confiscations of peoples property. all the pole-leas have to do when they arrest somebody with drugs, is think that what ever property they have is/was used for dealing drugs, bought with 'drug money'. they take it and it is up the arrested person to somehow fight it to get thier property back. it doesn't have to be a lot of drugs either. now..i know there are those nay-sayers out there that say it doesn't happen....ha...i've seen it..use to work in law-enforcement, the dept i use to work for would get about $200,000 a year in grant $ from the state and feds....it is marked for 'drug-enforcement' stuff, sometimes it was for specific stuff..ie a drug dog...alot of times it was used to pay overtime....it wasn't for drug emforcement overtime, just overtime...cops always work alot of ot...
so in short...drug laws do not work for thier intended purpose, and it will take alot to change them because lots of $$ is going into the pole-leas and govt because of it.....
go NORML

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hell yeah. Legalize everything, it will make for a more darwinian society. The stupid and weak willed will die off. I would be great.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i say legalize marijuana,crack is just way to #ing terrible...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Legalize everything and force parents to teach and control their offspring or else they'll end up as druggies! Maybe we should let darwinism sort people out.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
legalize pot. cops have bigger things to worry about

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Hell yeah. Legalize everything, it will make for a more darwinian society. The stupid and weak willed will die off. I would be great.

:pbjtime
AMN.....SO MANY SMILIES AND SO LITTLE TIME

The stupid and the weak will die off :bash:
This attitude and way of thinking has got to stop. What makes you think that people who use hard drugs should die off because of their addiction? What if it was your Mom or Dad or Aunt/Uncle/Cousin........best friend? Would you feel the same way? What if it was YOU??? What makes the "non user" so much better then someone who uses?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
What makes the "non user" so much better then someone who uses?

Absolutely nothing, except that nonusers are fearful of what they can't understand. It's a fear driven persecution.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
~Wow gigantic thread. Anyways, I believe that the only drug that should be legalized is marijuana. I mean, how many truly bad things have happend from people being on THC? And those commercials with the 'it's more harmful then we think' ads, that's just total crap. Just like those truth ads about smoking cigs is crap. Let people do as they please as long as they understand the consequences and are risky enough to do so. I don't smoke weed myself, but I still think that ads that advertise things about it being bad, is just stupid. Television is the number one tool of propaganda and I for one do no tolerate it.:shk:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Many people think it's all true, since it's on TV and/or the news, though. We've gone a full circle. The very first "original truth" was;

If you smoke pot, you WILL KILL someone!

Unfortunately, propaganda is a powerful thing (for complete idiots!), and we're right back where we started.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think that we should adopt the same policy as they use in the Netherlands. They have a policy of tolerance and personal responsibility. As much as people like to cite the US findings on the Netherland drug policies, these "reports" can hardly be considered honest. The Dutch government has provided the accurate numbers and results of their drug policies and they prove what those in favor of a similar policy here in the states have been saying all along.

Drug use in the population of 12 years and older in the U.S. and the Netherlands (1997)

1st set of #'s=Ever used; 2nd set of #'s=used in Past year; 3rd set of #'s=used in Past month:

tobacco- US 70.5* Nthrlnds 67.9; US 32.7* Nthrlnds 38.1; US 29.6* Nthrlnds 34.3

cannabis- US 32.9 Nthrlnds 15.6; US 9 Nthrlnds 4.5; US 5.1 Nthrlnds 2.5

coc aine- US 10.5 Nthrlnds 2.1; US 1.9 Nthrlnds 0.6; US 0.7 Nthrlnds 0.2

inhalants- US 5.7 Nthrlnds 0.5; US 1.1 Nthrlnds 0.1; US 0.4 Nthrlnds #

alcohol- US 81.9 Nthrlnds 90.2; US 64.1 Nthrlnds 82.5; US 51.4 Nthrlnds 73.3

heroin- US 0.9 Nthrlnds 0.3; US 0.3 Nthrlnds 0.1; US # Nthrlnds #

*cigarettes only # not measurable
Source U.S.: National Household Survey 1997 SAMHSA, Office of applied studies Washington DC. Source the Netherlands: M. Abraham, P. Cohen, M. De Winter: Licit and Illicit drug use in the Netherlands Uva/CBS, CEDRO

Note:
For more information contact Peter Cohen (from the US 011-31 -20-525 4278) or press informants Jeroen Winckers (tel. from the US 011-31- 20-525 2695) and Joris van den Heuvel (tel. from the US 011-31-20-525 2835).

See these links for the rest of this report and for another article on the subject.
www.marijuananews.com...

www.marijuananews.com...

Obviously, the US approach is not the way to go on this, yet we persist in our outdated and failing efforts. Why? Because the pharmaceutical industry controls a large part of the government. Between them, the tobacco companies, the alcohol companies, and the textile companies, (all of which fund the War on Drugs) it's going to be a long hard fight to change anything.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join