It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
WELL FREAKING CRAP!!!

Im trying to call my uncles cell and his home and they arent picking up. My cousin takes the tube and the bus daily to get to school... IM ON THE URGE OF FLIPPING OUT AND GOING TO THE NEAREST 711!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

AFAIK there has been 6 subway station bombs and 3 bus bombs. Kings Road station is reported collapsed. The army has been seen through the city (This on is the least confirmed). Someone called "Al Queda of Europa" has taken responsibility and has warned Italy and Denmark as being the next ones to suffer. G8 meeting should be the major reason of this attack.

Thats what I've gathered through this thread.

Thanks, i am trying to catch up with it all. So far, the word barbaric is being used a lot i notice, even by people in other parts of the world.
Who is thinking this is going to severely deflect the "African Poverty" problem out the court, and put the "War On Terrorism" firmly in the discussions at the G8?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
45 have just been reported deed on Sky News from a very good source but not confirmed yet.

link   
Just my short and to the point imput in this tragic event:
My sincere condolence to those injured, those who lost their lives, and the people of the UK.

seekerof

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Seekerof]

link   

Originally posted by Koka
Can the facist reactionary morons blaming "Muslims" in general please leave this thread.

This is the action of fundamentalists, which exist in all faiths and cultures.

Until you can differentiate, you are ill advised to post any additional comments.

Can you give me an example of a fundamentalist(s) which isnt muslim, who has killed more than 20 people in one action without that attack being war-related? (Im seeing Israel/Palestina as being a war, since thats basically what it is)

Note, this isnt to start an argument or throw anything at you, I just wanted voice my opinion.

link   
The G8 leaders looked normal for the situation. But one dude in the back on the left looked like he was pissed to have to be standing there. Such as yawning and not standing straight!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
I have not heard any mention of the I.R.A. or the basque terrorist group. I know it is likely to be an Islamist group, but every station in just pinning this on them.
Also, Ken Livingstone, in Singapore, just hinted that these were not suicide bombs. He said the attackers were too cowardly to take their own lifes while taking others, keep this in mind for the next few days when things become clearer.

This what I heard from a friend in London who is assosiated with the news journalist he has spoken to the police officail there and has confirmed that it is a Terrorist attack and that it could be suggested to IRA as they have done series of attacks like these in the past especialy that of the bus incident which look quite similar work of the IRA and all other terrorist organistions are assosiated in the figure of which one did it.

And there is another thing there cant be any conclusion done as the investigation is on going and thus stating it could be this orgin could miss lead people, there will be a clear conclusin given when the investigation is complete.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Fox News via a Sky Feed is now reporting unofficially that up to 45 have been killed and could rise as the day goes on.

My heart goes out to the Families of these people who expected their loved ones to come home at the end of the day uninjured.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
WELL FREAKING CRAP!!!

Im trying to call my uncles cell and his home and they arent picking up. My cousin takes the tube and the bus daily to get to school... IM ON THE URGE OF FLIPPING OUT AND GOING TO THE NEAREST 711!!!

Tried poning a friend of my in the capital too and jus got a dead tone, i think they mentioned on sky news something about the mobile companys using the networks for emergencys only!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I did post this a couple of months ago on ATSNN, in reference to the "IRA" doing it:

ATSNN: IRA Threat Level Increased

link   
Yeah, i think what is maybe swinging it to be blamed on Islamiist groups is the fact that it was a series of attacks, one after another in short spaces of time, much like Sept. 11th.
Getting pictures of the bus now, ripped right out!
The tubes will likely be a mess when we get pictures.

link   
Apart from all the obvious news sources there are many people live-blogging the events, a good source of info can be found here.

Also here are some more pictures of the bus, here and here.

From many sources and the live coverage I'm watching from CNN and the BBC, despite the calmness of most of the people being interviewed, it looks like this could get much, much worse.

[edit on 7/7/05 by cmdrpaddy]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
near to 1000 or more injured and 45 dead reported officailly.

Attacks could carry on.

link   
Wow this topic is moving very fast. I figured these bombings would cause a high traffic load on ATS.

My girlfriend rung me and woke me up this morning to tell me to turn on the news. These things seem to happen when its on the back of my mind; a few months ago i was expecting an attack on London like this every single day... now that i'd finally forgotten the threat, this happens.

I still can't get my head around this, it doesn't seem real!

link   

Originally posted by JPwasere

Originally posted by AndrewTB
WELL FREAKING CRAP!!!

Tried poning a friend of my in the capital too and jus got a dead tone, i think they mentioned on sky news something about the mobile companys using the networks for emergencys only!

You should try now. I was able to finally get through. My uncle and cousin are supposedly ok. (THANK GOD)

Hope your friend is ok too! U2 me if you need to talk.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
7 died in the bus attack.

38 died in subway incident.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

latest pictures - bottom one is taken on a camera phone IN the subway itself

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
260 wounded in hospitals so far.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Just you wait, they'll be here in Chicago soon...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Unofficial total of 51 dead, total from all hospitals taking in the wounded.
Around 300 injured so far. It is hard to imaging, but the underground is likely to be a total mess. I can invisage people still trapped there.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join