It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:
dh

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

If they have 'delibaeratly' do this, then why???
This could threaten our 2012 olympics, the government were partying yesterday and then the day after they blow up their own capital and put the world on high alert. WOW you really have an imagination.

Why? - I just said that -

"This is exactly what they needed to start really implementing all their fascist legislation they've been passing"
And no doubt the contributors comment on the attack on Iran is pertinent
There is a significance in why the UK should get the Olympics in 2012, and a pretty ugly one at that, but I'll pass on that one here

For more info see here

They’ve been doing this for some time

context.themoscowtimes.com...

“Such a perfect democracy constructs its own inconceivable foe, terrorism. Its wish is to be judged by its enemies rather than by its results. The story of terrorism is written by the state and it is therefore highly instructive. The spectators must certainly never know everything about terrorism, but they must always know enough to convince them that, compared with terrorism, everything else must be acceptable, or in any case more rational and democratic.” Comments on the Society of the Spectacle Guy Debord, 1988

www.notbored.org...

[edit on 7-7-2005 by dh]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Kind of a stupid move really, as this will likely only strengthen Britain's resolve, and actually garner more support for the War on Terror in England. Sometimes their tactics are self-defeating... I guess it's better than fighting geniuses....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is so awfull... I really hope they catches some more Al Queda now..

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We were evacuated from our building from 10:30 til' 11:45am. Our building is within close proximity to Kings Cross, although I can't say as I heard the explosion(s).

There is an uncanny scilence in the area now, the constant drone of the traffic being replaced with the occasional siren and chopper over head.

Chaos will ensue a little later as people try to make there way home. With no buses or trains, including mainline coming in and going out of London.

I have just heard, although it could be rumour, that a suicide bomber was shot in Canary Wharf, which is the new development to the East End of London, an area previously targeted by the IRA.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Koka]

dh

link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Kind of a stupid move really, as this will likely only strengthen Britain's resolve, and actually garner more support for the War on Terror in England. Sometimes their tactics are self-defeating... I guess it's better than fighting geniuses....

Uhh? Yes, that's why the security services carried out these attacks
Not entirely stupid, if entirely obvious

link   
Well game over for the british muslims I think some legisltaion is due. And if this group is associated with any country like Iran some summer sorties are due too.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
www.camvista.com...

Web cam of Westminster London for those interested.

The London Skyline one wont load for me.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
For whom it may consern:

Although this attack raises many questions, now is not for time for theorys and conspiracy ideas - we must be respectful of the people who have been affected by this disaster.
Tomorrow is the time for questions, today is time for comfort for the victims and their families.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The "terrorists" are warning Italy and Denmark that they are next.
ap.tbo.com...

A group calling itself "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" has posted a claim of responsibility for the series of blasts in London, saying they were in retaliation for Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The statement, which also threatened attacks in Italy and Denmark, was published on a Web site popular with Islamic militants, according to Elaph, a secular Arabic-language news Web site, and Der Spiegel magazine in Berlin, which both published the text on their Web sites.

"Rejoice, Islamic nation. Rejoice, Arab world. The time has come for vengeance against the Zionist crusader government of Britain in response to the massacres Britain committed in Iraq and Afghanistan," said the statement, which was translated by The Associated Press in Cairo.

My sympathies to the Brits and anyone else affected by these incidents.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Covent Garden Deserted:

www.camvista.com...

Amazing

link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well game over for the british muslims I think some legisltaion is due. And if this group is associated with any country like Iran some summer sorties are due too.

Wrong...!!

We're less prone to react without thinking over here.

It was inevitable that this was going to happen, but this is not the thread to be discussing such things.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Koka]

link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Kind of a stupid move really, as this will likely only strengthen Britain's resolve, and actually garner more support for the War on Terror in England.

I wouldn't count on it. People don't seem to be as reactionary over here. Even after the beheading of Bigley it made many English people even more angry that we were occupying Iraq and with the whole WOT.

It might go the other way this time but I think it's just as likely it wont. It'll be interesting to see.

link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
This is so awfull... I really hope they catches some more Al Queda now..

Wake up man! Al Qaida is just fiction. There is no Al Qaida, it's a hoax. The Illuminati made it up.

dh

link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

You're responding exactly how they want you to
That's why the Government agents did this

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Does any one hear think that the security might have been a little less then usuall in London because of the G8 in Scotland?
Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Als so being that i live in London, My mobile now has no signal.?

It's obvious everybody's calling to check on his relatives, no?
the network can't bear that pressure
Take it from someone who already experienced it

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Does anyone have any more info on the suspescted shooting of the suicide bomber in canary wharf or the reports of the warning to the isreali embassy beforehand.....or are they both rumours??

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philosophical Fanatic
For whom it may consern:

Although this attack raises many questions, now is not for time for theorys and conspiracy ideas - we must be respectful of the people who have been affected by this disaster.
Tomorrow is the time for questions, today is time for comfort for the victims and their families.

Thanks.

I agree. The dude earlier in the thread saying that this is proff that aliens are taking over the planet is just being WAY too stupid at this point!

I for one would like to know exactly how much damage has been done. Is it 'light' bombing with few casualties to get attention, or 9/11 style bombing, where as many as possible should get hit to mark their hatred toward the western world?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Does anyone have any more info on the suspescted shooting of the suicide bomber in canary wharf or the reports of the warning to the isreali embassy beforehand.....or are they both rumours??

I heard on CNN that all london cell services were shut down because that is how the bombs were detonated.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I beleive it is a 'light' bombing to show attention on just how easily they could harm us, but, as I mentioned before: There is time a time to disguss this - and now isn't the time.

Thanks for you reply, it's nice to see I'm appreciated!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join