It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Problems with getting posts through.

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Can you give me an example of a fundamentalist(s) which isnt muslim, who has killed more than 20 people in one action without that attack being war-related? (Im seeing Israel/Palestina as being a war, since thats basically what it is)

Note, this isnt to start an argument or throw anything at you, I just wanted voice my opinion.

I reiterate, this is not the thread to discuss such things.

I am, at this moment, 5 mins from Kings Cross and Russell Square, and the authorities seem to be doing a good job of maintaining calm.

I have heard that there maybe a tunnel collapse at Kings Cross, I am unsure as to whether this is a foot tunnel or train tunnel, this maybe the collapse that someone was talking about earlier when they referred to Kings Road.

The UK populous will not react.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
another picture:

people escaping from the underground system

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Please, click the "Post Reply" button once, and only once.

Secondly,

Could we quit with the imaginary number relevance? Please?

You're just inventing ways to give meaning to something that does not need it, for the meaning lies within the attack itself. An attack on the decadance of western society. 9s, 11s, polka dots and pinstripes have nothing to do with it.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Guys let's not rush to conclusions.

BBC's only saying 2 dead - sure to be more but be careful of relying on Sky, Fox, CNN etc. their track record for accuracy is not good!

Clearly the toll has been significant and many have been hurt but the damage is relatively light.

Parts of Central London have been disrupted but many people are still working though - it's big, big city.

It'll take more than this to stop London - most people in the UK take bomb scares etc as an excuse to go to pub & have a long lunch!

We're far more used to bombs here than you can imagine. Most people know someone with first-hand experience of a bomb explosion in the UK.

We'll cope and we're a long, long way from any sort of civil war!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yeah we don't need people like you posting four times wasting space thanx. Once is quite enough

I haven't seen the news yet, i have texted two friends of mine hoping they are ok. This is very worrying! I was only thinking yesturday id like to go to the British museum.....Not anymore think i'll pass.

I wouldn't like to be in London right now and my heart goes out to everyone there and family woundering if relatives and friends are ok!

Its no good woundering how is behind this, it been done!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Can you give me an example of a fundamentalist(s) which isnt muslim, who has killed more than 20 people in one action without that attack being war-related? (Im seeing Israel/Palestina as being a war, since thats basically what it is)

Note, this isnt to start an argument or throw anything at you, I just wanted voice my opinion.

I reiterate, this is not the thread to discuss such things.

I am, at this moment, 5 mins from Kings Cross and Russell Square, and the authorities seem to be doing a good job of maintaining calm.

I have heard that there maybe a tunnel collapse at Kings Cross, I am unsure as to whether this is a foot tunnel or train tunnel, this maybe the collapse that someone was talking about earlier when they referred to Kings Road.

The UK populous will not react.

We will let it rest of course.

It would be very nice if you could run down and get some information on Kings Cross. Other rumors say that it has collapsed entirely?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
now associated press says 40 dead, one witness accounts that a back of one bus is completely torned apart. in anicase its worse of course.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sorry if this is already reported, this thread is impossible to keep up with.

CNN reporting that Alqaeda is claiming resposibility.

A previously unknown group, calling itself the Group of al-Qaeda of Jihad Organization in Europe laid claim to the blasts, posting a statement on an Islamist web site a few hours after the explosions. The claim could not be independently verified.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
unappropiate but i thought this is interesting.

todays date is 7th july 2005
(7/7/205) 7 + 7 + 2 + 5 = 21 i.e two ones making 11

many reports say it started at 8.49am
8 + 4 + 9 = 21 i.e two ones making 11

say madrid bombings - 11th march 2004
(11/3/2004) 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 11

9/11 is obvious

it sounds daft but these are pretty well planned? i wouldnt be surprised if the next one would have connections to the number 11. there will be more, lets say we stoped the war on terrorism, would they really give up?

Man you're killing me with this stuff!! Can anyone say 'reaching'??

While I do think these attacks were carried out by the NWO/Al-Qaeda partnership, your mathematical findings are a bit over the top.

Maybe if we can break the date code we can subvert any future attacks.

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
many groups who have claim they represent Al Qaida either it be Global Jihad or Secret Organization of Al Qaida in Europe in anicase its the work of Al Qaida. they are the same with the same vision as Osama.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

Originally posted by Koka
Can the facist reactionary morons blaming "Muslims" in general please leave this thread.

This is the action of fundamentalists, which exist in all faiths and cultures.

Until you can differentiate, you are ill advised to post any additional comments.

I just call it as I see it. Foriegners in Britain are welcomed, and this is what happens. I will blame all Muslims, until they take care of business, denounce what is happening, and put an end to their archaic attacks on the countries they hate, but have no problem with living in.

When Christian fundamentalists start making suicide attacks on the public in Riyadh or Tehran, I'll be quiet.

if you could take your racist comments elsewhere it would be appreciated. thank you

Muslim Groups Condemn Attacks

[edit on 7-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
CNN FOX ABC News NBC News all say at least 40 are dead.

A previously unknown group calling itself the "Secret Organization Group of al Qaeda of Jihad in Europe" has released a statement claiming responsibility for the subway and bus bombings in London. CNN

[edit on 7-7-2005 by mpeake]

link   
I read the rumour about a suicide bomber being shot near Canary Warf on two different boards. Can anyone confirm this from a decent source? And if it's true: I thought there's a "no guns" policy in the UK? Who in London would have a gun to shoot a suicide bomber?

dh

link   

Man you're killing me with this stuff!! Can anyone say 'reaching'??

While I do think these attacks were carried out by the NWO/Al-Qaeda partnership, your mathematical findings are a bit over the top.

Maybe if we can break the date code we can subvert any future attacks.

Peace

Numerology and symbology may be daft to you and me, but is a matter of prime importance to those masons and occultists who arrange these attacks. It is an integral part of their religion, of their belief system

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh

Numerology and symbology may be daft to you and me, but is a matter of prime importance to those masons and occultists who arrange these attacks. It is an integral part of their religion, of their belief system

Yeah, although it is still early, and hard to take things in. I would not prematurely knock such theories, there are many examples of numerology connected to previous attacks.
I think for now though, it is more important to get the facts.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
I read the rumour about a suicide bomber being shot near Canary Warf on two different boards. Can anyone confirm this from a decent source? And if it's true: I thought there's a "no guns" policy in the UK? Who in London would have a gun to shoot a suicide bomber?

It seems to have been made up, but you can never know. The story i heard was that a soldier shot the supposed 'bomber'

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

We have armed response units here in the UK.

Not sure how they happened to stop a suicide bomber without arousing his suspicion. We'll have to wait and see if this rumour turns out to be true.

There are a lot of conflicting statements going around at the moment.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Heard this rumour too. It is said armed police killed the bomber. I would be surprised if the rumour turns out to be true however.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
At the moment there is 12 confirmed dead, but they havent cleared the Underground station's yet!

Al Queda have said that they did it, on a website, which was just said on the BBC News 24 ............that it has been confirmed!

They are also saying that it was 4 explosions, 3 on trains and 1 on a bus........that has been confirmed and a number on 'controlled' explosions by the experts as well ?

There was rumour that a suicide-bomber had been shot, that has now been confirmed as NOT true !

Rush Hour Explosions Rock London
Blair Calls Apparent Terror Attacks 'Barbaric' Acts

By Glenn Frankel and Fred Barbash
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, July 7, 2005; 8:58 a.m.

LONDON, July 7 - Explosions rocked the transportation system across an arc of central London Thursday morning, injuring over a hundred people and killing at least three with the numbers expected to rise, according to early reports.

Described by authorities as a coordinated terrorist attack, the blasts hit at or near four subway stations, struck a number of subway carriages in the underground tunnels and tore apart at least one double-decker bus.

Five hours later, police said that there were at least 150 casualties. They were uncertain of the number of critically injured and dead.

Prime Minister Tony Blair, fresh from celebrating the selection of London Wednesday as the site for the 2012 Summer Olympics, said it was "reasonably clear" that the attack was an act of terrorism timed to coincide with the meeting of the G8 industrial nations in Scotland, which is being attended by President Bush.

Blair left the summit for London after declaring that the leaders gathered there would continue meeting in a symbolic show of resistance.

"We will not alllow violence to change our values," Blair said, as President Bush, and other world leaders looked on grimly. "Nor will we allow it to change our work at the summit. . . . We will defeat those who would impose their fanaticism and extremes on all of us. We shall prevail and they shall not."

Washington Post

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Loads of armed coppers in the UK - teams with MP5's / pistols etc seen on the streets quite often, always at embassies, airports, train stations .

Motorbike QRF plus many armed repsonse units. Watch the news feeds and see how 'unarmed' they are

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join