It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impasse Ends, Clears Way for DeLay Probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I can't wait to see how this goes. Will this be a mickey mouse club investigation or will it actually yield accountability?

Impasse Ends, Clears Way for DeLay Probe
The Associated Press

Friday 01 July 2005

Washington - Leaders of the House ethics committee broke through a months-long stalemate over staffing Thursday, making it possible to investigate Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas) and conduct other business.

The evenly divided committee, which investigates member misconduct, has been shut down all year by partisan bickering. The logjam was broken by Chairman Doc Hastings (R-Wash.) and senior Democrat Alan B. Mollohan of West Virginia.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You know when you have an administration that hold the power is very difficult to see any justice done or any wrong doing been taken care off.

We the American people are the big losers in the war that are raised in the white house. Nobody is held accountable for anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Nobody is held accountable for anything.

Do you think this will open things up?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Perhaps to gear attention from other issues now more pressing, but as usual that is the tactics of the Bush administration.

People are not happy, people don't like what's going on, so lets bring attention to Delay until thinks cool down.

Delay is a small fish, and an expendable one too.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Delay is a small fish, and an expendable one too.

On that Marg, you & I will havta disagree.

In my opinion, he is one of the GOP's big kahunas.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hum. . . do you care to explain that for me, how can he be a big fish, when he is too controversial for his own party?

I think the Republicans will get rid of him with gusto, as a political candidate to president he doesn't stand a chance, and he is a liability.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
DeLay is the second in command.

He's the Cheney of the House. "The Enforcer," they call him. He cracks the whip behind the scenes.

That's why I'm even amazed to be able to report this turn of events.

Maybe they are ready to throw him overboard? This adminstration is feeling desperate these days.

top topics

join