It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Prison camps on news!!!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i will die before i allow myself to be taken.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwh0
Thanks to Vinci for bringing some decent information to this thread

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
The camps were used to house mainly Japanese POWs (in many cases just not even POWs just Japanese citizens living in America) as well as some German and Italian prisoners (and citizens).

Why would they build so many prisons then? I doubt we would have so many POW's, and why would they put POW camps so close to Japan? Well, figurativley speaking of course, California (Where supposedly many of the bases are) and Alaska (Where the base which holds 2 million people is located) are much closer to Japan, then lets say, Kansas, South Dakota, Montana, Tenn., Arkansas, etc.

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
The only thing secret about alot of the prisons arond the world are their locations. Most of these were built (for obvious reasons) during the Cold War.

If thier locations are still secret, that implies they intend to use them, whether in the recent future, or incase of a disaster.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
Why would they build so many prisons then? I doubt we would have so many POW's, and why would they put POW camps so close to Japan? Well, figurativley speaking of course, California (Where supposedly many of the bases are) and Alaska (Where the base which holds 2 million people is located) are much closer to Japan, then lets say, Kansas, South Dakota, Montana, Tenn., Arkansas, etc.

Here's a map and list of some of the camps
Map
As you can see, they were spread out over all of the US. But...

Updated December 10, 1996. The foregoing listing cites almost 70 locations for the internment of civilians in the United States during World War II.. In October 1990, the authors, under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, requested an exhaustive list of the internment facilities and detention centers used by the U.S. Government during World War II. Almost two years later, on August 23, 1993, the Immigration and Naturalization Service responded with a partial list and said, "no guarantee can be made that the list provided is exhaustive. No definitive list now exists." See FOIPA request CO 2.12.-C; CO 904151

We remain astonished that the multi-million dollar 1982 report, Personal Justice Denied, of the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians depicts only four internment sites in the United States. Furthermore the report does not report on any internment facilities east of the Mississippi River. See page xii of the cited report.

Why so many? Perhaps being in the biggest war the world had ever seen had something to do with it. And remember the camps here mainly housed civilians, not just POWs.

If thier locations are still secret, that implies they intend to use them, whether in the recent future, or incase of a disaster.

And they obviously do use them. As evident by Saddam, terror suspects, etc.
Again, this doesn't automatically mean that there's some secret plot to jail all citizens of the US.....or whatever the thinking is.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My thinking is they're there "Just in case"

And I don't think the ones on US soil have such prisoners, according to report the prisons are EMPTY

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
yah, although its weard how they have full time guards... must be a bouring job.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well, then again, many broken down prisons have guards, just to make sure the bums/teenage punks don't settle or anything.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

If you are against the Current Administration, Against the War, and Against a Draft ... You should leave the country NOW!

I'd sure like to know where to go....

I think UK has a gun ban.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigPimpin
I heard on the internet that there are more than 600 camps in the U.S., each of those camps can hold thousands of people. ... I think they can be used if there is a massive immigration in our country ...

There is massive immigration in this country. Millions of illegals are coming across the Mexican border every year. What are we doing? Are we putting them in these camps? No we are letting them go because we do not have enough detention space (not my words). So what will they be used for. For us, those who support the original Constitution, gun rights, national sovereignity, christians, anyone opposed to the new world order.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join