It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the real Stargate-SG1

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sciencegirl
I, too found that comment rude and insensitive. You shouldn't call the people of Iraq stupid or brainless. The conditions most of these people live in is not their fault. I'm not Arab, I'm Hispanic, but I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of stupid, racist remarks such as the one you wrote. And just so you know, there are scientists, doctors, engineers, teachers etc.. in Iraq just like there are in every country in the world.

i agree... they are brainwashed since they are tots. how you you like to take their place?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Sorry, but I have to remain highly skepical on this topic.

Why would the governmet allow for a movie, and six seasons of a TV series (one of the best) to show on Sci-Fi, that's a little risky.

Tassadar

So that we see it as a concept that's so far fetched that the general population would refute it's existence outright.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have heard a rumor circulating that something(allegedly ruins) was found in antarctica and in the past few years has had U.S. Military personnel have taken asudden interest(there is also the possibility of a U.S. Bio-weapons Lab in the antarctic).

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
yeah clive cusslers wrote a fiction book based on this discovery___atlantis found.
NO stargate though in the book but do you remember the episode where carter and jackson were sent to the antartic through another gate. there might be some substance in this tale?????????

[edit on 16/11/04 by john_a_anderson]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm quite open minded when it comes to these things, but one thing I do know is that the government would not allow a progrem to run, especially one as popular as Stargate, if it were truthful.

Take The Matrix for example. If we were all just batteries and this world is just ruled by machines, then they would not allow Warner Bros. to make a film about it.

I'm sure many people only considered it a possibility after seeing the film.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

hy would the governmet allow for a movie, and six seasons of a TV series (one of the best) to show on Sci-Fi, that's a little risky.

Well the best place to hide is in plain sight. People who then bring up such topics like this are then told (by the general public) that it was a tv show and that person is now labeled crazy.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Not to be picky or anything but the in the episode they get sent to the Antarctic gate it was Carter and O'neil not Jackson.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
sorry my mistake.
i am only human.
thus imperfect.
could atlantis actually be an alien city?
could they have left through a gate when it was destroyed?
only an idea?

[edit on 24/11/04 by john_a_anderson]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't beleive that the show is anywhere near 50% correct.
But I do think that if we have the power to jump from world to world, then we should use it. If this is so, and their is one near Jupiter, then it could be why Independent Comapnies tyring to produce good satellites have failed. The money they need does not exist, so the governments are fine untill a big company can start making and launching them, and whats more, showing us people what is really out there!
Maybe we ourselves with the aid of Alien Technology have mastered the power to control wormholes, and keep them stable long enough to put someone through.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
then we're the ALIENS.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
LOL.
Why do folk seek the fantastic in theorys, websites, tv shows? Is there not enough awesomly fantastic genuine facts and mysteries in our everyday world/nature? Delete your favorits files, turn off your tv sets and computers and go out an discover things more fantastic than any imagination can conceive, right here on earth!
rainforest, coral reefs, deserts, deep ocean, its all here for you to find,and/or discover! cold hard and immutable, tangible, genuinely fantastic stuff !
Dont clutter your mind with "way-out" garbage, fill it with knowledge!
Get some fresh air folks!

[edit on 24-11-2004 by instar]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As humans we are broguth up to question everything. I know there are plenty of mysteries out in this world, guess what we have to deal with alot of them on a daily basis. Plus whats the matter with a good old fashion cospiracy to keep that nice brain of ours even more active.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well I think the internets a conspiracy to keep us all "brain dead" and preoccupied with garbage so we dont make too much fuss while the world/society goes to pot!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
yeah conspiracy theorys rule!!!!!!!
Can we get back on track now
Stargates are they real>
Yes/No
Does the government have one

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
No, stargates are not real, not here, not yet. No the gubbermint dosent have one!
The theory is intresting though, if you could direct/apply energy to create the same effect of instantanious travel between point a and point b, without the need for static transmitter/receiver it could revolutionise the world. Imagine even a hand held device into which you could enter co-ordinants, press a button and simply step into the event horizon/vortex and exit a sec later at your destination, be that your office or a holiday destination. Of course you would have to ensure you didnt exit within the mass of another object. Further if the size of the vortex were controllable, imagine the ease of global "shipping". no more oil laden carriers to pollute, no oil needed, no cars needed, no planes needed, perhaps no spaceshuttles needed either! No need to wait for a bus or train etc ever again! How cool would that be! No excuses for being late either

[edit on 26-11-2004 by instar]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
if you took the theory of thermonuclear devices and gave it to the victorians they would dismiss it as science fiction. today however it is science fact. in years to come stargates could be fact. whats to say that an extra terrestrial species does not already have the technology and has installed it on earth??????????? whats to say that stargates arent science fact to the alien species.
only an idea.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If Saddam had one ... Wouldn't he have you know... Gated to an Alpha site rather than hidden down a hole?

I'm new here, and generally it look pretty good. But for future reference, do I need a tinfoil hat day-to-day?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
no you dont need a tinfoil hat.
anyone using device which uses the vast amounts of power produced from the gates and crystals would be at once noticed by americas satelittes so if he used it america would have found him. what if this happened. they might have staged saddam from the hole and really traced the last gate co-ordinates (possible) and found him then staged the hole as a cover up for them finding the gate?????

[edit on 30/11/04 by john_a_anderson]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Sorry, but I have to remain highly skepical on this topic.

Why would the governmet allow for a movie, and six seasons of a TV series (one of the best) to show on Sci-Fi, that's a little risky.

Tassadar

Preparing us for the offical announcement?
It's like why they show a ufo marathon on the national geographic channel.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ehhh i highly doubt the government is preparing us for an official announcement. I think the government isn't phased by this at all. If you read any of the links on previous pages you would realize that there is a difference between the real stargate and and fictional stargate

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join