It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Ancients"

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
People may arrive at the same conclusion but the view through each window of perception is slightly different.Why?Because of mind patterning.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
My feeling is that each of us is unique, and our individual realities are not ever able to be completely known to anyone else. If that is so, then every view is different, even if they all agree. In a documentary about brain waves, an example of this was discovered. The brainwaves of men and women were recorded as they answered questions, and one answer was the colour green. Though both sexes knew the answer, their brainwave patterns which led up to them answering it were quite different between the sexes. One hopeful idea that this unique reality concept led to is that different views are both right. So, I now feel that even though people disagree, they can both be right.
I like the quote, 'The eye with which we see God is the same eye with which he sees us.' To me that means that all our various beliefs are true, because God is personal to each of us and has as many faces as there are people. In my case, the face is very chimerical, and I can't actually see it.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I came across this place couple of weeks ago and threads like this fascinate me. Some of you guys seem like you totally believe in things being said here yet there is not 1 shred of evidence to support some claims people make here. Its just like some people got duped into believeing that there is a "god" without any evidence whatsoever. I guess what I am asking is how can you believe in these irrational stories without having any evidence to support them? Is it that some of you are just really gullible? I hope I dont sound like a troll, I simply cant understand this.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Blackguard7

That is very interesting on the test of brainwaves, the pieces of the puzzle make the whole.I find everyones viewpoint very exciting.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
But, I have a policy of trusting people to be honest......I know.
Still, I have seen enough in my life to allow me to not dispute others reality. It is sometimes very incredible sounding, and very different than mine, but so what. I don't need proof. If I was getting brain surgery then I would want proof of qualification, but in most cases it is no problem for me, even if they lie, cuz it doesnt change anything for me. I like trust.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
I came across this place couple of weeks ago and threads like this fascinate me. Some of you guys seem like you totally believe in things being said here yet there is not 1 shred of evidence to support some claims people make here. Its just like some people got duped into believeing that there is a "god" without any evidence whatsoever. I guess what I am asking is how can you believe in these irrational stories without having any evidence to support them? Is it that some of you are just really gullible? I hope I dont sound like a troll, I simply cant understand this.

I'm not a whole believer in the whole omnipotent/scient/present God.
I will say however that I do believe that there is something 'up there' and that it is not a being but a power.
I believe that our souls are drawn to this power our whole lives.
I do NOT believe however, that the God in the Bible was actually a deity or even a good being. (Won't get into that now)

In order to believe in something, you must first accept the idea of it. Once you have done this (and only after) can you either say you believe or disbelieve in it. This is, IMO, why most people don't belive in aliens, ufos, older terran races etc. They believe that there is no possibility they could exist. ATS'ers accept the possibility and make judgements according to their belief and faith.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think that the bible says that the evil spirits will pretend to be the good ones, and mislead lots of people. Hmmm, now that sounds believable.
I have read many different ancient descriptions of what the approaching 'shift'? is going to be like. It is pretty unanimous. The native one that says WWI was the first shake, one handed, WWII was the second shake, one handed, but the third time, they say it will be both hands, a real good shake.
The biblical imagery is not promising, even the terms sound ominous, the apocalypse, armageddon, etc. And they don't expect alot of survivors.
The Mayans say the return of the gods will not go well. The stickler is that they are supposedly going to check the earth out, and see if we took care of it this time.... I'm going to say no, we will fail, and if so, then they say that we will get to start over.
A Hindu friend of mine believes the end of the 4th age, the Kali Yuga is near, and he described that as 'wiping the slate clean'.
They all seem to agree on it being pretty deadly, one way or another.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
Some of you guys seem like you totally believe in things being said here yet there is not 1 shred of evidence to support some claims people make here.

You're the only one looking then?

I myself have had many weird experiences with beings that I truley believe were from out of this world, does anyone believe me? No. Does that matter though? No. I don't care. As long as my, yours, or anyone's beliefs don't put me in harms way, or anyone in harms way, I will respect them. Once your belief puts anyone in social or physical harm, then I will start to not respect your beliefs.

What we say or believe in here does not harm or even portray to you, you yourself chose to come here. And so if you are going to come here, please do not verbally (in this case, via text) chastise us for what we believe.

What proof is there of any belief, however? All religions do not have evidence. Imagine if they did. Personally I believe the Bible proves itself, but to others it contradicts itself. Once there is hardcore evidence of the existence of a God, there will be no religion. Only fact.

Now, we choose to believe menguard, so once again, if you do not believe him and think we're all so foolish, don't even bother to question us. Thank you.

Now, menguard

If we exist as humans in this layer of the universe, and in the next we exist as a plant, let's say, does that mean that there is an ongoing chonologicalicity(sp?) of these layers as far as light quotia goes? Meaning, if, let's assume plants have lower light quotia, in this layer i'm human and in that layer I'm a plant, does that mean when I went from that layer to this layer (conciously) that my light quotia increased?

Thank you.

- Vinci

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
‘Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with. His mind was created for his own thoughts, not yours or mine. ‘ Henry S. Haskins
" If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. " Thomas Paine
Even if someone emphatically pronounces that what they are saying is the only possible truth... I still have to choose whether to accept it into my belief system, so I am not bothered by being told 'the truth'. Nobody can make me believe something I don't find believable. I would imagine most people are like that.
It does not at all surprise me that people who've not seen the type of phenomena I have are quite sure that it cannot exist. It makes a lot of logical sense, but that is not my view. It is natural to base decisions on ones own personal experience, not on other peoples.
I like the Bill Hicks pic. and I was thinking that if he becomes a plant, he's going to be some kind of psychotropic one, like a peyote cactus or something.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Vinci,

From what I know it is just a shift in energy, we can align like frequencies/vibrations with matter.Its like speeding up our vibration to merge with the plant.When aligned you view life through the perspective of the plant.Personally I have done this with a palo verde tree, while in human form.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by menguard]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Its bs like this that made me leave ATS the first time....

(referring to the "Ancients" living under the Earth with all of their machines)

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sounds like something out of Final Fantasy VII. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel

Who the heck made you read all of this? And personally, if you leave such a website because of what ONE guy posted, or ~four~ in this case, then sorry but...I have to chuckle and completely disregard everything you say. Especially if it's a compliment.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"Its okay to disagree we only have a limited view of our world".Things that are unknown will become known.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Menguard, can you answer this question:

How big is the universe? I think you've answered this but I still don't have a final opinion.

I believe that the universe goes on forever, because well, you can't limit nothingness, you can't limit something that doesn't exist. But since there are different layers of the universe, of energy, of existence, does that mean...what does that mean really? About the size and shape of the universe?
I wrote an article on this: www.definitionofmeaning.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci

Who the heck made you read all of this? And personally, if you leave such a website because of what ONE guy posted, or ~four~ in this case, then sorry but...I have to chuckle and completely disregard everything you say. Especially if it's a compliment.

I'm not saying I have a problem with your discussions on supreme beings and higher levels of existence. I found some of that discussion quite interesting and enlightening.

What I am saying is that people who come on to ATS, making ridiculous claims of giant "Komodo dragon like" aliens inhabiting the center of the earth, using HARP machines to trap our souls - does not help the credibility of the site and some of the truly interesting and relevant ideas that are discussed here.

Nor do the people who encourage these kinds of stories, help their own credibility. Its hard enough to get people to seriously listen to accounts of UFO's, Alien encounters and spiritual experiences without totally unfounded and outlandish claims being ratified by other members of the ATS community.

I left ATS in early 2003 because that was becoming a major problem with the community. I was tired of people coming on with an outrageous story in a bid for attention while others try to bring credibility to the site by intelligently and honestly discussing issues such as UFO sightings, government conspiracies and spiritual encounters with like minded members of the community.

To "deny ignorance" you first have to "deny stupidity".

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
What's more stupid? Person trying to deny ignorance but fails along the way or the person, to who himself, has denied it?

I don't believe that the Ancients are in the center of the universe. I believe that they're condensed energy beyond this universe, or any layer of it.

Menguard says otherwise, it goes beyond my logic therefore I cannot believe it. Have I said so until now? No because I highly respect Menguard.

Here's a good quote for everyone:

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. " - Buddha

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I'm not saying I have a problem with your discussions on supreme beings and higher levels of existence.
What I am saying is that people who come on to ATS, making ridiculous claims of giant "Komodo dragon like" aliens inhabiting the center of the earth, using HARP machines to trap our souls - does not help the credibility of the site and some of the truly interesting and relevant ideas that are discussed here.

Nor do the people who encourage these kinds of stories, help their own credibility. Its hard enough to get people to seriously listen to accounts of UFO's, Alien encounters and spiritual experiences without totally unfounded and outlandish claims being ratified by other members of the ATS community.
I left ATS in early 2003 because that was becoming a major problem with the community. I was tired of people coming on with an outrageous story in a bid for attention while others try to bring credibility to the site by intelligently and honestly discussing issues such as UFO sightings, government conspiracies and spiritual encounters with like minded members of the community.

To "deny ignorance" you first have to "deny stupidity".

I must disagree.
I am one of those people who has a problem with dismissing outrageous stories merely because they are outrageous. To me, that is irrational. It is of course, to most any person, highly unlikely any outrageous, paranormal, supernatural, miraculuous, magical, or psychic story is true. After all, scientists generally agree that all that stuff is virtually certain to be erroneous. Either the person is a liar, or to put it delicately, not quite sane. I am one of the few who will not accuse someone of being crazy, or dishonest if they relate one of those 'ridiculous' stories. That is not fair. Maybe the millions of people who have stated something like that happened to them.....are all either liars or delusional. Even if that were true, I don't feel accusations of that kind are appropriate. Why? Maybe the 10 millionth and one account ends up being the first real one. I feel that despite the abundance of frauds, hoaxers, liars, mentally ill people, and attention seekers, despite all that, there are still millions of accounts that don't fit those categories, by very intelligent, and more importantly, very honest people. I am by no means honest at all times, but when I say I saw something 'outrageous', and I have exhausted all my rational attempts at solving it.... I mean it. I might or might not believe someone elses outrageous stories, but having a few of them in my past, and feeling the sting of the accusations over and over, I believe them. They possibly could be lying, or soft in the head, but I always start off with the premise that they are sane and honest, like I like to think I am. I haven't seen a ufo, or a ghost, so should I call everyone who has claimed that either misguided, or dishonest? Not a chance. I believe them. And it sure is nice when that rare occasion presents itself, and someone says, I believe you, to me, and my best scrutinizing judgement finds them sincere. Rare is an understatement. I will state for the record that I am sincere when I say I believe them, it is not lipservice. I am not a yesman by a very long ways.
If that hurts my credibility, hey, my own stories do a fine job of that, so it is a moot point. Besides, is this site really about only printing accounts that someone has deemed to be 'credible', in amongst bigfoot, ufos, ghosts, cabals, psychics, etc.? I would hate to be the guy drawing the line.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
Vinci,

From what I know it is just a shift in energy, we can align like frequencies/vibrations with matter.Its like speeding up our vibration to merge with the plant.When aligned you view life through the perspective of the plant.Personally I have done this with a palo verde tree, while in human form.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by menguard]

I believe there may be some truth to this Menguard. I recall something from a while back where scientists hypothesised that if the molecules of a body were vibrated at the right frequency that body could 'theoretically' pass through a solid object. It has to do with getting the molecules of one to vibrate around and through the molecules of the other.

I believe they stopped because they were unsure of whether or not it was safe and if it would affect the molecules long term.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Jackofblades,

I will tell you this that when I merged with the tree, that I was no longer part of this layer of reality, but of another layer of existance.I disappeared right within twenty feet of one of my family member.I could see the world around me and it was like a forest. This is one Palo verde tree out in the middle of a Californian desert.When I saw this tree come close to night I could feel it pulling me in its direction and it had a beautiful purple hue to it.I met up with the (tree spirit) inside and it was a beautiful white orb bouncing up and down on its branches that was making music.Long story short my family member was looking for me right by the tree and couldn't feel me or see me.I entered another layer of being to his utter dismay and when I looked at myself I looked green just like the tree.The longer I stayed in that form I knew the harder it would be for me to disengage from that spiritual merge.I would be subject to living inside that tree with that tree spirit.Trees have feelings heightened and a lot of wisdom.This tree spirit is nothing more than a spirit trapped inside matter.Highly intense feelings as a tree and experiencing winter is very hard for them.Well some time I will write the whole story here at ats.And yes, there was physical evidence and it was in my blood work, my immune system was increased by at least three times of what was normal for me.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by menguard]

[edit on 12-1-2006 by menguard]

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join