It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You a tax payer in Florida? How many bombs did a terrorist buy with your money?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you live in Florida and pay your taxes, you funded Islamic terrorists. The land of the free!!! All praise Allah!

Source

“Florida's tuition voucher program is designed to help improve the education level of children who attend schools which do not meet educational standards. In 2003, Florida taxpayers indirectly subsidized the Islamic Academy of Florida in Tampa, with over $350,000 in funds.
Why is this a problem? What makes funding an Islamic school any different from funding a Christian school?

The difference is that at the time, the school's principal was none other than Sami Al Arian, who was under indictment for terrorism-related charges. He is at this very moment going to trial…”

How many of those students were being infused with hate? Little kids living in the USA, being brought up in a country that allows them the ability to chase any dream they want, were being brainwashed with this extreme skewed Islamic goal of western destruction. And you paid for it!!

These extremist will stop at nothing to destroy anything non Islamic. Stealing from the “enemy” and using those funds to take advantage of thier kids. Pathetic.

Sometimes I get the feeling the last words Ill ever hear is “Allah Akbar!”

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
How many of those students were being infused with hate? Little kids living in the USA, being brought up in a country that allows them the ability to chase any dream they want, were being brainwashed with this extreme skewed Islamic goal of western destruction. And you paid for it!!

it's no worse than the hate being spewed out against them by your media. And there is a little thing called Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law! You should reserve judgement until he is found guilty. In your wonderful free democratic (
:lol
you can be considered a terrorist just for reading a book on bin laden.

It must be great to live in the land of the free

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

It must be great to live in the land of the free

Its wonderful here. I have all the resources in the world available to me to form whatever opinion I want. And guess what? I’m allowed to have that opinion!!!

BTW: My media doesn’t spew hate. Haven’t seen one example yet. You have some of that hate from "my" media sources you are referring to? Please share.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
yeah you just keep living the dream eh

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

yeah you just keep living the dream eh

Thats it? You make accusation about my entire countries media spewing hate and you come back with "keep living the dream"? LOL!!! I thought so.

Everyday I wake up and realize how lucky and blessed I am to live in the USA. I have the opportunities to do anything I am capable of doing, and so does my son and entire family. We are safe, drink clean water and have plenty of good food. The streets in my city are clean and friendly. The opportunities are endless.

What "dream" are you reffering to? Because my reality is better than any I can imagine living anyplace else...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Don't hate on the US, if it weren't for the US you would be speaking German along with the rest of Europe.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sometimes I get the feeling the last words Ill ever hear is “Allah Akbar!”

Don't feel you're alone skippy. I live near a particularly muslim part of Houston and feel more and more "anxious" about the growing "minority". I can't imagine how it would be in say...Detroit, with the largest muslim population in America. They even have the "call to prayer" blared over a PA system in some of the nearby towns. Creepy...

By the way, good one, demos.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Seems there may be dirty goings-on where Sami al Arian is concerned.
This smells of a fit-up on the part of the authorities (though I'm sure they'd never do that just cos someone spoke of his support for the Palestinian people...nosirreebob...no way)

www.salon.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
is this the clean drinking water you are talking about ?

members.aol.com...
www.ewg.org...
www.xpeditionsmagazine.com...

Mmmm sounds tasty

Americas such a great place to be

Number 24 in the world murder league, wow you only had just under 16,000 last year! keep up the good work

hope you can afford the private education too?

Countries at the top of this league such as Finland, Spain, Portugal and Canada are doing relatively well in containing inequality by not allowing their low achievers to fall as far behind as they do in other countries. On the other hand, countries at the bottom such as Belgium, New Zealand, Germany and the United States are allowing very wide gaps to open up.

www.unicef.org...

I sincerely hope yoiur children don't ever become one of the statistics.

On the Up side the brainwashing works so well over there

[edit on 8-6-2005 by arnold_vosloo]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It is possible that he was using the money properly and not misdirecting it for "terrorist" reasons. Unless he is also indicted and convicted of money laundering I don't think Florida taxpayers have to worry about funding a terrorist organization.

My principal of my public school was EXTREMELY Catholic, and he never tried to imbue any of the students with Catholic, or even Christian values.

I would also say that when you make absolutist statements about Islamic fundamentalists also wanting to kill anything non-Islamic is an example of the "spewed hatred" that was talked about. That is no different from me saying that Christian fundamentalists want to destroy anything non-Christian.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

members.aol.com...
www.ewg.org...

Mmmm sounds tasty

Number 24 in the world murder league, wow you only had just under 16,000 last year! keep up the good work

Countries at the top of this league such as Finland, Spain, Portugal and Canada are doing relatively well in containing inequality by not allowing their low achievers to fall as far behind as they do in other countries. On the other hand, countries at the bottom such as Belgium, New Zealand, Germany and the United States are allowing very wide gaps to open up.

www.unicef.org...

Great Osloo, maybe keep to the topic like the rest of us? Try tha for a change instead of your hate mongering, OK?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
ENTIRELY wrong captain. The koraqn itself says to kill the "infidels"...or was it behead? Also, I don't recall "Christian fundamentalists" running into populated markets and blowing themselves (and others) into tiny chunklets...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by demosthenes
Don't hate on the US, if it weren't for the US you would be speaking German along with the rest of Europe.

don't make me laugh

Of course I forgot, the US single handedly beat the nazis while we all just sat back wondering what to do

Country Pop. Killed/Missing Wounded Total(Military) Civilian (deaths)

U.K. 48m 400,000 300,000 700,000 60,000

U.S.S.R. 194m 9 million 18 million 27 million 19 million

U.S.A. 129m 300,000 300,000 600,000 --

thanks so much for putting me right

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
ENTIRELY wrong captain. The koraqn itself says to kill the "infidels"...or was it behead? Also, I don't recall "Christian fundamentalists" running into populated markets and blowing themselves (and others) into tiny chunklets...

and the bible says the same too

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Lets start rounding up all christians and making them live in #ty conditions and kill their children for sport and see what they do

[edit on 8-6-2005 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

members.aol.com...
www.ewg.org...

Mmmm sounds tasty

www.unicef.org...

Great Osloo, maybe keep to the topic like the rest of us? Try tha for a change instead of your hate mongering, OK?

just stating the facts skippy mate!

you're far too easy to wind up

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not even CLOSE, arnold. Try reading a book before you make statements about its contents.

In the New Testament, Jesus clearly states that we should love our nieghbors as our brothers. If an enemy strikes you on the cheek, turn the other cheek to him.

Thanks for the opportunity to expound though...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Lets keep it clean folks...

What's the alternative? Not funding Islamic schools while funding Christian ones? That's a slippery slope...

I'm sure we'll see more investigation into such schools as a result of this though, especially depending on Al Arian's verdict (former local professor by the way, USF in Tampa)...

Why does this crap always happen in MY backyard? I feel like Dana Barret in the Ghostbusters, living in weird central.....

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Not even CLOSE, arnold. Try reading a book before you make statements about its contents.

In the New Testament, Jesus clearly states that we should love our nieghbors as our brothers. If an enemy strikes you on the cheek, turn the other cheek to him.

Thanks for the opportunity to expound though...

Deuteronomy 7

"When the Lord your God brings you into the land that you are about to enter and occupy, and he clears away many nations before you...you must utterly destroy them. Make no covenant with them and show them no mercy. Do not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons, for that would turn away your children from following me, to serve other gods. Then the anger of the Lord would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly."

Deuteronomy, Chapter 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; ... Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You are speaking Old Testament; rule by the letter/law, arnold. Any further debate regarding this issue should be started on another thread as it is off subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join