It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You a tax payer in Florida? How many bombs did a terrorist buy with your money?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm just trying to point out if you were preaching christian fundamentalism you can find the justification for whatever you want to do from the bible in the same way that you can do that with the koran.

It is slightly off topic i admit but just replying to a couple of posts.

I'll leave it there.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I love all the jerks here saying that Arnold is going off topic when they can expound any amount of retoric that they feel is fine. Here he is giving you proofs to your useless attacks at him and your worthless propaganda. The ignorance abounds on this site still it seems. If your enemy has such loopholes, exploit them, you guys are doing the same with the Iraqi..... telling them you will turn on the water and electricity if they turn in their fighters, since the states's weakness is money, since thats all you guys care about, they will use it against you, simple. That's even if he WAS using that money against the US which has to be proven in court anyway.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That's alot of angry energy, murundi, pointed at "us jerks".

"Us jerks" prefer a more civil debate than resoting to name calling.

How does that help your arguement?

Who is attacking who anyway?

[edit on 8-6-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
democracy is like. England is a monarchy and the musketeers. They have Prince Chuckie to lead them, with Prince Harry & Willam following behind goose-steeping. Not to mention the stylish hairpieces they wear in parliment. Though I have to admit I wish our House and Senate included the interaction Englands parilment has with their PM.

He should JSTFU and worry about his own government encrouching on his rights. London just installed a whole lot of 'security' cameras. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING IN ENGLAND!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
Also, I don't recall "Christian fundamentalists" running into populated markets and blowing themselves (and others) into tiny chunklets...

Bombing abortion clinics, assassinating doctors who perform abortions, the crusades...

Additionally, I would say your characterization of Islam is a tad biased and a whole lot wrong...

The religion of Islam condemns the killing or even the persecution of people merely because they embrace a different religion. The Quran mandates the absolute freedom of religion in a society. It does not allow Muslims to fight except for self defense and to enforce peace. It does not allow restrictions on those who disagree on religious matters. It urges the Muslims to treat such people kindly and equitably:

Koran 2:256
"There shall be no compulsion in religion...".

Koran 60:8
"GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable."

Koran 8:61
"If they resort to peace, so shall you, and put your trust in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient."

Koran 4:90
"...... Therefore, if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD gives you no excuse to fight them."

Any Islamic fundamentalists who murder in the name of the Koran are NOT following the religion, but instead personal convictions, much like the "Christians" who take it upon themselves to murder abortion doctors.

Edit - added specific citations to the Koran (Quran)

[edit on 8-6-2005 by CaptainJailew]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew

Also, I don't recall "Christian fundamentalists" running into populated markets and blowing themselves (and others) into tiny chunklets...

Bombing abortion clinics, assassinating doctors who perform abortions, the crusades...

sucky Crusade since they aint carrying crosses and wearing shirts with big red crosses. in ani case this is now not the past, Crusades is long past.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
in ani case this is now not the past, Crusades is long past.

So it was once acceptable to murder in the name of a Christian God but no longer? What about the abortion murders and gay bashing occuring in the "now" and not the "long past?"

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just because someone calls themselves a "Christian" doesn't make them one. You just said the same for muslims, didn't you? But I'm sure you will find ways to berate them anyways...now back to the subject at hand.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
arnold_vosloo, why don't you stick to the subject matter for once in your life.

This is all about MUSLIMS living in Florida using OUR tax payer money to spread their message of Hate and Jihad. Is that subject so hard for you to stick to?

Personally I think all Mosque's in America need to be supervised and their clerics history checked out....and if they don't like it, they can go back to Crap-I-Stan or whatever Hellhole they crawled up from.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Just because someone calls themselves a "Christian" doesn't make them one. You just said the same for muslims, didn't you? But I'm sure you will find ways to berate them anyways...now back to the subject at hand.

I myself am baptist, and do consider myself a Christian, but I can cope with the fact that many people use the Bible, as well as the Koran (incorrectly) to justify their actions.

A Muslim school, just like a Christian school, would not teach these hateful and vindictful practices. This is why I think that this is more hype than truth surrounding the topic at hand...

Just because someone is a Islamic fundamentalism doesn't make them a terrorist, just like being a Christian fundamentalist doesn't make you an abortion clinic bomber. I am not trying to attack Christianity by any means, I was just presenting a counter-example to your incorrect blanket statement about the Muslim religion.

I don't mean to offend, just try to shed some light on my own understanding of your viewpoint by using an example to clarify.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So it was once acceptable to murder in the name of a Christian God but no longer? What about the abortion murders and gay bashing occuring in the "now" and not the "long past?"

The funny thing is that there are more Christians in the world than Muslims. Yet a far greater number of murders and hate crimes can be attributed to Radical Islam than Christian Fundamentals. Whether it's blowing themselves up in crowded markets, cutting female family members' private parts off with shards of broken glass, or killing a family member after being the victim of a rape, Radical Muslims are responsible for far more religious-inspired crimes. I can't even remember the last time an abortion doctor was killed or an abortion clinic bombed in the United States. It's certainly been a few years, and most were carried about by that nutjob Eric Rudolph who has since been captured. Thats right, America actually punishes those who commit horrible acts regardless of their religious persuasion!

As for the earlier comment about being considered a terrorist in America simply for buying a book about bin Laden... what a crock! I don't know where you heard that nonsense but no one has ever been charged with any crime simply for buying a book about bin Laden. I happen to have a stack of them and I've yet to receive so much as a nasty look from the Barnes and Noble clerk, let alone terror charges! But go ahead and keep spreading the hate and propaganda... it really makes you look good!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Whether it's blowing themselves up in crowded markets, cutting female family members' private parts off with shards of broken glass, or killing a family member after being the victim of a rape, Radical Muslims are responsible for far more religious-inspired crimes.
Thats right, America actually punishes those who commit horrible acts regardless of their religious persuasion!

Female genital mutilation is not practiced by Muslims, most Islamic terrorists can not be prosecuted after they commit crimes because many of their attacks are suicide bombings and thus no one to prosecute.

Also, the fact that there are less Muslims but more crimes by Muslims does not imply causation, but instead correlation. There are a number of other factors, including the fact that most Muslims who do engage in violence come from the poorest percentage of the world's population. It is also well documented that those who are less affluent are more likely to engage in violence, maybe we should look at other environmental factors OTHER than religion to determine causation. Those people are also surrounded by pretty consistant turmoil, something that we are not necessarilly used to in the United States and other countries in which Christianity is the predominant religion.

The IRA is a contemporary example of a Christian terrorist group.

Additionally, even if it turns out that more Muslims per capita turn to violence than Christians, does that become a justification to deny ALL of them public funds for educating their children?

This is like saying that because minorities commit more crimes per capita than caucasians we should deny THOSE public schools money as well. This kind of essentialist thinking justifies racism man, just think about what you are saying for a second....please. I am not Muslim, I go to First Baptist of (my town name) and I attend regularly, and I can still maintain an open mind with regards to other religions and their tenants.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
They no longer recieve funding since 2003, and it is a shame that the eduacation of children may have been tainted by the thoughts and teachings of the Palestinian Jihad movement expressed in some way in through thius 'think tank'.

This is actually a very,very large network that is bieng taken apart piece by piece.

As taxpayers we bought no bombs, and if this was used as a front for laundering, not much we can do about it but shut it down....for good.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ahhh...Looks like he used the cash to pay families of suicide bomers, just dandy!!

www.jihadwatch.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Sometimes I get the feeling the last words Ill ever hear is “Allah Akbar!”

Don't feel you're alone skippy. I live near a particularly muslim part of Houston and feel more and more "anxious" about the growing "minority". I can't imagine how it would be in say...Detroit, with the largest muslim population in America. They even have the "call to prayer" blared over a PA system in some of the nearby towns. Creepy...

By the way, good one, demos.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by BadMojo]

Actually, I've lived my whole life in Detroit and it's never been a problem. So it has a learge muslim population? no big deal. More likely to have a crack head pulling a gun on me at the gas station.

Now back to the topic at hand, I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Jeb bush was Govenor of Florida, The fact that his brother has been cutting funding education to put it into the Iraq war and this "Error" shows up. All this around the time we went into Iraq. Something to really look into rather than have a religous bashing session.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Ahhh...Looks like he used the cash to pay families of suicide bomers, just dandy!!

www.jihadwatch.org...

That news article doesn't say the school money was used for funding terrorists or their families, what it DOES say is that money raised by the ISBB was then funneled through the school. It doesn't mean diverted, just covertly sent through that school.

I don't think any of us have to worry about funding terrorists until those men are actually convicted of money laundering. In fact that article concludes that the ISBB should be watched instead of the schools.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Little more on this as it develops:

Source

"They are sending their kids to Duke University and Yale University ... while they are sending someone else's kid to do a suicide bombing"
Today's Al-Arian update is brought to you by AP: "Witness: Al-Arian tried to recruit me," with thanks to Skeetstreet:

TAMPA · An attorney for Sami al-Arian on Thursday vigorously tore at the credibility of a former Islamic religious leader who claims the fired college professor once tried to recruit him to join a militant faction of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

Muneer Arafat, who in recent years led a Sarasota mosque, testified that al-Arian tried to recruit him at a 1988 conference of the Islamic Committee for Palestine in St. Louis. Al-Arian was a founder of that group and asked Arafat to side with him after a split occurred in the PIJ....

"They are sending their kids to Duke University and Yale University ... while they are sending someone else's kid to do a suicide bombing," he testified, referring to the PIJ leadership in the '90s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join