It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you've probably seen this but

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Start collecting and documenting info.
Save entire webpages, etc. Dates, times, names, links, anything you can find...
Some of this has already been done for us, so it shouldn't be that tough if we use much of that info.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
PYX,

Thanks for to my question of preparedness. I was only curious if those that have been thinking about this are still taking it seriously.

I had a restless night sleep. There's one thing that still bothers me about JT.

November 02, 2000 JT:

The basics for time travel start at CERN in about a year and end in 2034 with the first "time machine" built by GE.

March 2001. JT's last post.

October, 2001 CERN goes public with black hole possibility. Thanks Undead for the link!

I say public because it has been speculated for years that the HLC may produce BH's.
The earliest I've seen postings on CERNS HLC possibly creating blackholes is Nov 1998 and those references were buried in technical reports. Also, I have seen conflicting dates for startup of the HLC. A DOE budget has them finishing in FY 2003.

Also PYX, when you say you've talked to ppl that have been in contact with JT...was that Pamela?

As far as the email test, I've read up on this on one of the original BBS. It seems a number of those people started experiencing strange deja-vu's after giving JT their messages. Some I guess were so wicked they didn't even want to talk about it and never returned to the BBS. These are long standing members, mind you. Could be smoke, but it seemed pretty legit when I looked over it today.

PYX said: "One thing I don't get is, how are the average people of the U. S. going to fight the richest, most technologically advanced army in the world? How could anyone possibly hope to overcome the weapons that are at our military's disposal? That is one thing I just don't get.

Something really big is going to have to wake up and highly piss off a lot of people for a civil war to go anywhere other than in the toilet."

I think when mortgage rates double or triple in the next 5 years, LOTS of people are going to be pissed...and broke. Couple that with another Patriot act and I think you've got the makings for a good mess.

No offense to any National Guardsmen here, but the last NG I met was 40 pounds overweight and smoked. I have met the Ramboo type too... Should also consider that 9 of our 11 divisions are already on deployment. They may have the technological edge, but I think the Iraqi insurgents seem to be holding their own.

I did blow up the pictures today. I can say with some degree of certainty that the laser photo has been through a scanner and has not been modfied since being scanned. Unfortunately, it is impossible to see the writing on the equpiment.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
[Edited on 13-9-2003 by Undead]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It should be noted here that Art Bell is coming back to radio. XM have you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While Drudge broke the story, these guys think that it might be related to JT. Pamela never received an answer from Art regarding the 1998 faxes and then pulled the board down w/o warning anyone. Wonder what Art has to say?

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I still don't believe in time travel, but I must say I am much less of a laughing skeptic than I was at the beginning of reading this. I jsut do not think that time travel is possible, or if it is I think it is more tied to near speed of light travel and the bending of time, no the ability to hop at will. Additionally, many 'time travelrs' liek phycics make bold but vague preditions. To establish credibility, shouldn't he make some very specific predictions about non consequential things, ie sporst scores (liek in back to the future 3 lol). That, to me, would lend alot more credibility to the idea of time travel.

PYX

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Kukla-
Yes, I talked to Pamela briefly about this. We did a chat session or 2 on an MSN chat room, and she seems like a very normal, down-to-earth person to me. She never recieved the video tape from John's parents. She still wonders why, as he told her to watch for it specifically. I don't think anyone made a log of that chat session, I'm sorry. She did post briefly on Godlike Productions on our first John Titor thread. I'll give you the link, but it is a very long thread so beware. It is currently 33 pages long and a lot of people try to disturb the thread with crap, so there is a lot of wading.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

I imagine that Pamela still posts on the Anomalies board. She seemed to me to be rather tired of trying to explain the whole thing to everybody, though. I guess I can't blame her. She's been living with this whole thing for a long time.

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by PYX]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumpy
I still don't believe in time travel, but I must say I am much less of a laughing skeptic than I was at the beginning of reading this. I jsut do not think that time travel is possible, or if it is I think it is more tied to near speed of light travel and the bending of time, no the ability to hop at will. Additionally, many 'time travelrs' liek phycics make bold but vague preditions. To establish credibility, shouldn't he make some very specific predictions about non consequential things, ie sporst scores (liek in back to the future 3 lol). That, to me, would lend alot more credibility to the idea of time travel.

If you don't even believe time travel is possible, then you're not only closed minded, but you're wasting your time reading this sh*t.

Originally posted by Undead
Satyr:

�IRC chat log. JT claims he went to 1975 to get an IBM 5110. If he'd already gotten this computer, why does he say it's a 5110, then later a 5100???�

This is easy to understand.
He�s after a 5100. However, he needs a modified 5100. Not an off the shelf one. He shows up in 1975 after the 5100 has been produced. He convinces his grandfather to tweak the design to work with UNIX as well.
He needs the hardware changed, not just softwear. That means he need his grandad to make a him a prototype.
IBM labels the prototypes 5110. ( By the time the 5110's go to manufacturing they become more of an office machine. ) JT sends the label to Pamela before he leaves. It�s a 5110 label but there�s no serial number. (Not a surprise since it�s not an off-the -shelf 5110)

I seem to remember Pamela saying that carbon date testing would be useless because it can be up to 30yrs inaccurate. LOL
Is there a picture of the label, and is it a 5110 or 5100 label? Does it look new? Are you only speculating here, or is this something you read? If you did read it or see a pic, can you supply a link? Small things like this are important not to take someone's word for. I've seen so many people repeating what they thought they'd read, but turns out to be flawed memories.

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I sent William a email asking to be a team leader on this. If I am approved then I have write up a proposal. If I'm not approved than someone else can try or we can just go ahead and do this anyway. This is my rough sketch so far:

------
Proposal:

I. To itemize all statements posted to the web by John Titor. This is done by categorizing statements by topic. Each statement is supported by misc. information.

Topics:

1. Prediction (has a date or time reference)
2. Warning
3. Current Government
4. Future Government
5. Safety
6. Current Society
7. Future Society
8. Time Travel

Misc. Info:

1. "Related statements" (statements that are related to the current statement)

2. Arguments (which highlight apparent inconsistencies and usually revolve around several statements. Rebuttals are included.)

3. Definition/Details (Definition of terms, such what is a black hole. May link outside document)

II. Construct a summary of all statements, with various footnotes into the hypertext itemization and arguments.

III. All sub-arguments presented.

IV. A debate style conclusion with two opposing sides. One side attempts to validate John Titor assertion that he is a time travel. The other side rejects Titor's case and invalidates Titor's assertion. The user decides which position "holds the most water" (:lol

-----
Format (what we see):

Part I. "Article" segment:

A) Summary
B) All Arguments
C) Conclusion

Part II. "Web page" segment:

A) Itemized Statements, organized by Topic (which includes links misc. info)

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undead
Sanders:
�.... There are also no income taxes.
Is there an IRS?
Yes, we pay taxes. Sounds like you don't enjoy keeping track of your personal income taxes. I don't think anyone does.�

He was asked about this. They do pay a Sales Tax. They do Not pay an Income Tax.
Sorry, no contradiction here.

It wasn't a direct contradiction, but the primary function of the IRS is to collect federal income tax. He also made it *sound* as if he didn't enjoy keeping track of paying income tax in his time.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Undead, thank you for a civil post, that was at least informative. Satyr, why must you attack me. Just becasue I am a skeptic and don't beleive yet, does not mean i can't be convinced. There are alot of things I have changed my mind on in the last few years...I am open to bing convinced of another.
My biggest skepticism on time travel is the lack of specific predictins form people form the future. Wouldn't it be bigger news? Even if a consipracy is covering it up, couldn;t the time traveler simply travel back again and foil the conspiracy?
I am very interested in the physics involved. I think that is by far the most interesting part.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Sorry if you're offended, but if I believe something isn't possible, I tend not to study it because I feel I'd be wasting my time. I don't study ghosts because I don't believe in them. However, nothing scientific is impossible, IMO. It's only a matter of understanding time and space. Whether it can be manipulated has yet to be proven, but it is very possible. The same people who don't believe TT is possible are usually those who don't believe in the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe. I have no patience for these types of close minded people.

Let's say your right, and a TT could just change anything he wanted, and mold a new future anyway he wanted. How would you know what the outcome would be of any particular action? Assuming Jesus was really crucified, and you could save him, would you? Do you have any idea what the outcome would be? What about saving JFK? Could you possibly have any idea what type of consequences that might bring? Then, there's also fate. What if fate plays a part? What if people are meant to die at a specific time? I don't think it's so simple. We can barely understand time, much less the consequences of changing it.

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
can someone explain this to me? others seem to understand while i am lacking in this knowledge. (yes i read most of his crap but ats in general is making me read more than i ever have in my life)

ok why does he need the old machine? because it can process an old language? his grandfather alters it? how smart is his gramps? he puts uinix on there? i dont see the point in getting the machine i need help understanding this part.

seems like they wouldnt need the machine at all. they are surviving without it. all the computers of his time use unix? am i getting things totally mixed up here? why does he need the computer?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
No i would certainly not change major events like JFK or Jesus, in fact you bring up a good point, maybe i would not want people in the 'past' that i am visiting to know I have time traveled, becasue that may affect my future adversely. It is an interesting mind twister.
And while i do not 'beleive', I am not against finshing out more, and I think that the physics behind it is fascinating. I also do think that somewhere in the universe there is certainly life, because i cannot think that the specific properties neccessary for life only happened in one place in our ever expanding universe. So I am not as close minded as some think. I would just like a little more info/proof before I am a true beliver in time travel (but I am certainly looking forward to the research and finding out more)

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just u2u'ed William. So far the following people are willing to be a "team member":

Satyr
Undead
kukla
Pyx
-------
Are the following interested:

Stumpy?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yes I think I would like to contribute. I have some more thoughts I'll try and get up today. I like your approach ktprktpr so far, but I do think it can be imporoved upon.

I

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
okay. no problem. How would you change the rough proposal above. (anyone) I have to send william a quick 2-3 paragraph proposal soon.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ktprktpr,

The more I look at your proposal the more it makes sense. I think you're on the right track!

I would reccommend that we begin with an abridged version of JT's story for the uninitiated. You've probably thought of this, I just didn't see it anywhere.

Secondly, we need to construct a timeline graphic for
expected major events. A visual aid of sorts. I think that would be a good preface for the debates.

Also, how were you planning to itemize footnotes in the ATS system?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Is John Titor real? MAYBE!

I do know there are individuals and private investigators looking for him.

Time Travel is a U.S. government project that info was released to the general public through the media about 12 years ago. There has also been other media reports released from other projects that are related to time travel.

How much of a hoax can he be?? About the time John Titor talks of time travel, it would 30-40 years in the making.

He would have that right. I don't think he is on OUR time line. Many sciencetists working on time travel believe its differant dimensions. They can't come to an agreement on this. I myself don't understand it either.

Time travel is possible

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join